Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#5911 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

What is the drm on the csi games?

#5912 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Good questions on the odd bundle vs. composite pricing. We've done this in the past (bioshock 1 and 2 were $10 a la carte during the last sale where the dual pack was $7.49.

As for Civ V Gods and Kings, remember, the current $7.49 price point is for the Mac version, which was ported by ASPYR, the fact that it is Steamplay is a coincidence.

EDIT: The explanation here is that sometimes we're able to get more aggressive bundle pricing approved than a la carte.

Cheers,
Tony

The thing is - you'll BARELY sell a copy of Max Payne 3 (base game) for $30...unless someone accidentally bought the base game (instead of the bundle); OR didn't notice the much-better priced Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20.
Just about everybody in their right mind is going to buy the Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle for $20!
Even having Max Payne 3 (base game) or Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20 makes more sense to me. Some people might be only buying the game just for the SP, since all the Season Pass stuff has so far only been MP-based.

#5913 asdo

asdo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

could i interest anyone in a hitman sniper challenge key in exchange for a sonic 4 ep1 or ep2 key?

let me know in pm, logging for now

edit: done

Edited by asdo, 20 November 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#5914 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

any opinions on the 50 sega classics for $5? do these work on win7? need a controller? steam?

#5915 Esoteria

Esoteria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

I grabbed the 4th Sega Genesis Classics pack for $1.87 because it has the Shining Force games in it, which I always wanted to try. Huge fan of TRPGs but didn't get into them until Final Fantasy Tactics.

any opinions on the 50 sega classics for $5? do these work on win7? need a controller? steam?

The comments on the individual packs suggest that a gamepad is best but not required and they do not require/do not activate on Steam. And reports say they work on 7.

#5916 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

There are some terrific games in the bundle, especially if you've played a few of them and a bit of nostalgia kicks in. Most of them hold up pretty well and there are a few true gems. They do work on Win 7, you don't need a controller but it helps, and they do not activate on Steam.

This bundle is actually better than the one on Steam because those force you to buy each Sonic game separately from the packs.

76561197971332172.png

#5917 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

The thing is - you'll BARELY sell a copy of Max Payne 3 (base game) for $30...unless someone accidentally bought the base game (instead of the bundle); OR didn't notice the much-better priced Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20.
Just about everybody in their right mind is going to buy the Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle for $20!
Even having Max Payne 3 (base game) or Max Payne 3: Complete Bundle for $20 makes more sense to me. Some people might be only buying the game just for the SP, since all the Season Pass stuff has so far only been MP-based.

I think that's the point of it. You drive up the sales of the bundle by channeling as many sales into it as you can. So even the people who just want the base game will choose the cheaper bundle. People who only want the season pass may still just choose the bundle to sell off the base game. End game is to have your bundle sales through the roof.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#5918 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I think that's the point of it. You drive up the sales of the bundle by channeling as many sales into it as you can. So even the people who just want the base game will choose the cheaper bundle. People who only want the season pass may still just choose the bundle to sell off the base game. End game is to have your bundle sales through the roof.

All good points.

One scenarion, though - what happens when they run out of keys for MP3 Season Pass or the entire MP3 Bundle? ;)
Then it's just Max Payne 3 base game for $30.

#5919 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

There are some terrific games in the bundle, especially if you've played a few of them and a bit of nostalgia kicks in. Most of them hold up pretty well and there are a few true gems. They do work on Win 7, you don't need a controller but it helps, and they do not activate on Steam.

This bundle is actually better than the one on Steam because those force you to buy each Sonic game separately from the packs.

I never owned a Sega console growing up, would anyone recommend getting this bundle if I never played any of the games before. Also, since we on the subject of sega classic games which Sonic games should I get, I have yet to play a single one.

O6d6OER.jpg

#5920 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

So if you launch the emulator through steam, you can play any & all of the other games besides Virtua Fighter 2 (which you already had)?

#5921 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Sorry Tony for repeating the question but haven't got an answer to my question and was wondering

Any way you can talk to Enlight and get "The Enlightened Entertainment Package " back on sale for Black Friday?
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B008Y3KMKS

Been looking back for this one since I missed the sale last time Amazon had it.

Thanks Tony!

This is 19.99 now so I assume this bundle is now back?

#5922 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

This is 19.99 now so I assume this bundle is now back?

If I'm not mistaken, this was offered for $9.99 before.

#5923 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

I haven't missed the Paradox Majesty bundle, have I?

#5924 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

I never owned a Sega console growing up, would anyone recommend getting this bundle if I never played any of the games before. Also, since we on the subject of sega classic games which Sonic games should I get, I have yet to play a single one.

When I was a kid, I loved Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4; Revenge of Shinobi; and Streets of Rage 2.
I didn't own Phantasy Star 3 - my friend let me borrow it; never finished it, but really dug it. Glad to have that now, thanks to Tony's sale.
I liked ESWAT - ain't played that in YEARS.
I do like Shinobi 3, as well - since I had rented that. Never owned it, til this bundle. Will have to give it more time, to see if I like it as much as Revenge of Shinobi.

I played Street of Rage 3 yesterday for a bit. I loved Streets 2 - and Streets 3 seems like more old-school awesomeness.

Columns is very similar to Tetris. Played the hell out of that game, when I was young.

Eternal Champions was a cool fighting game, for its time.

I rented Ecco The Dolphin, when I was younger. Never really was sure what to make of it, back then - felt quite different compared to most games, back then. Now, I guess I'll be able to fully make heads and tails of it....I hope.

#5925 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

*sigh* i guess the G*K deal is dead :(

#5926 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I know this is a little off topic, but I just can't bring myself to purchase old console games that run essentially off of a console emulator when they're are better emulators that do the same thing (much better imo and have WAY more options) Also something else a little off topic. Has the text like changed when you go to make a reply. I dont remember it looking like this at all ^^

#5927 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Also something else a little off topic. Has the text like changed when you go to make a reply. I dont remember it looking like this at all ^^

its happening to me too, when you submit the post it shows up fine though

O6d6OER.jpg

#5928 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

I hope you are wrong...... :cry:
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#5929 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I haven't missed the Paradox Majesty bundle, have I?

Nope, those happen closer to BF.

I hope you are wrong...... :cry:

Just waiting on keys. Hoping for tomorrow AM.
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5930 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Is that like UK am or US am? :)

#5931 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

its happening to me too, when you submit the post it shows up fine though

A few people (including myself) posted about the same problem in the feedback forum here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332337

No clue why it's doing that.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Bordlerands 2

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: LEGO Marvel

:wii: New Super Mario Bros

:ds: n/a

#5932 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hey guys,

Heads up just shifted Inversion on 11/26 to $7.49 from $4.99, this was a typo on my part.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5933 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

I own all of these and they run just fine. It's great that you can also create a save-state in all the games, so perfect for Kid Chameleon.

Also, a note about Shining Force (and maybe the other RPGs in the pack):

Regarding Shining Force You can perform an in-game "save" like you would in the original Genesis version, then the game will ask you if you want to end your session (or something like that - the Genesis/MD version of the game does this, too). I got stuck and was unable to "load" my game session from the client as it would always return me to the "bye-bye" screen (again, sorry, I honestly can't remember what the screen says). Anyway, just "reset" the game via the client and you will reload the game as normal. From the game's menu you can reload your save game (the save will still remain there as long as you did an in-game save, so no worries).

Ugh, I am explaining this really weirdly, but you'll probably understand once you get there (it's been a while since I've played the games in this pack). This is NOT a bug with the client or the game itself! This is just an unfortunate instance of the original game allowing you to end up in some sort of cute, intentional limbo screen should you choose it after you do an in-game save. You had to tap the Reset button in the original Genesis/MD version to get back to the main menu, so here you just have to do it via the client. Figured I'd mention it just in case someone thought their game was frakked or something.

If I sound like a madman (more than usual), let me know and I'll reinstall the pack and write things properly.

Anyway, totally worth the $5!

#5934 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hey guys,

Heads up just shifted Inversion on 11/26 to $7.49 from $4.99, this was a typo on my part.

Cheers,
Tony

=(

#5935 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

=(

Ditto.

Was gonna buy it at $4.99. I think I'll have to pass at $7.50. I'm sure it will go on sale again and I'm not really likely to get around to it right away anyway.

#5936 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hey Tony, sorry if it has been asked but, any sales on Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion?
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#5937 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Me too. Oh well. :(

foxhack.jpg
List your game collection at VGCollect! It's free! Come, we have cookies!

#5938 AngelsPlight

AngelsPlight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hm...None of the games interest me :( Was going to get MW but it turned out I already had it but missing MW 2+3. The Saga Collection seems nice tho, I might get it but I'm not too much a fan of games that run in a emulator like state.
Will be looking forward to the Plentiful Paradox and ME* packages tho on the 23rd.

#5939 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Who's hungry?

http://www.joystiq.c...-hotter-than-l/

Nice big batch of Copy Pasta!... classy. No citation.

And I hope XCOM is cheaper because the physical retail for console versions will be cheaper than $37. Kinda been waiting for BF because I guess they don't want my money with tepid % off thus far (using it as sarcasm, not entitlement).
Posted Image

#5940 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

found someone!

Edited by KaOTiK, 20 November 2012 - 05:51 AM.