Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#571 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Understand Black Friday, but I'm going to start responding to these posts by asking you to name a couple of deals Steam has had that have been better than anything we've run since January...

Cheers,
Tony

Will, Steam did have Rome: Total War - Gold Edition for ONE DOLLAR last Friday... :P

#572 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Will, Steam did have Rome: Total War - Gold Edition for ONE DOLLAR last Friday... :P

We matched that yo :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#573 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

We matched that yo :).

Cheers,
Tony

I must've missed when you matched that!

Okay...you win, this round... :P
B/c all I have left is games you don't sell have been cheaper elsewhere....ONLY b/c you don't sell them! :P

#574 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Saint's Row the Third Complete with all DLC for like $13 something...lol

That's the only deal off top that I recall being better.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#575 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm DLing Sleeping Dogs now. $22.50 1.5 months after release :) Played it a bit on the 360 and loved it.

Man, that's a hell of a price...
...But I"m freakin' playing Diablo III now ($10)!

#576 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Saint's Row the Third Complete with all DLC for like $13 something...lol

That's the only deal off top that I recall being better.

Right - I remember that Steam sale!
SR: TT - Franchise Pack was missing only the new (At that time) Genki Girl Pack, though.
I knew there had to be one that Amazon DVG didn't top! :P

#577 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

How do you enter the code if the digital download page says "Buy and Download" instead of something like "Add to Cart"? Is this one-click or is there a page after "Buy and Download" that has a place for coupon codes?
I really wanna bite on Sleeping Dogs for $22...

#578 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

How do you enter the code if the digital download page says "Buy and Download" instead of something like "Add to Cart"? Is this one-click or is there a page after "Buy and Download" that has a place for coupon codes?
I really wanna bite on Sleeping Dogs for $22...

It goes to a review order page where you can enter coupons.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#579 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

truthfully, the only games I've bought on Steam are games you guys don't have. hell, I fully expect amazon to have better sales, again, for the second year in a row. Last year I distinctly remember being surprised someone could dominate everyone else for digital downloads and you guys only made it better as soon as the year started with those $5 off codes. Nobody, steam included, has matched you guys for a year now.

biggest difference for me here? Glad to see you guys are carrying Dark Souls. I may not get to it due to backlog, but still...

#580 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Nice deal. I threw up a topic on the PC boards on GameFAQs about the coupon to help spread the word. ;)

#581 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hell yes. I will buy them batman games. I have them for 360 but would much rather play them on pc. Thanks for the info.
Posted Image

#582 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Awesome, just bought the EA Bundle for $8

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#583 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Man, that's a hell of a price...
...But I"m freakin' playing Diablo III now ($10)!

Where did you get Diablo III for $10? I wanna get one!

#584 Evrad

Evrad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Tony, will we be able to use the discount code with the batman bundle? If you're answer is yes... it's an incredible sale!! (7.5$) ;)

PS: If anyone wants to share the batman bundle contact me by pm, I'm just interested in AA Goty, not in Arkham City. I'll pay 33% of the bundle price

Sorry for posting it here, if it's a little offtopic.

#585 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Tony, will we be able to use the discount code with the batman bundle? If you're answer is yes... it's an incredible sale!! (7.5$) ;)

Tony hinted the Promo Code may not last until the new sales hit on Sunday.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#586 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Good luck finding it (serious tone).
It hasn't been an easy find.

See this TRU Thread.
Get calling and/or visiting your local Toys R Us and see if they got it.
They're discounting A LOT of their PC retail games stock and dumping it out at $10 per PC game.
I picked up COD: MW3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 from two different TRU's.

Many people have found all kinds of games - i.e. RAGE, BF3, Sims 3, Sims 3 expansions, Batman: AC, etc.

#587 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

truthfully, the only games I've bought on Steam are games you guys don't have. hell, I fully expect amazon to have better sales, again, for the second year in a row. Last year I distinctly remember being surprised someone could dominate everyone else for digital downloads and you guys only made it better as soon as the year started with those $5 off codes. Nobody, steam included, has matched you guys for a year now.

biggest difference for me here? Glad to see you guys are carrying Dark Souls. I may not get to it due to backlog, but still...

Oh, that'd be killer if Tony puts on sale Dark Souls: PTD Edition at a sale price...AND also has that extra percent off code going, too! ;)

@TONY
Tony, you reading that, right? ;)

#588 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Toys R Us clearance sale on their PC game stock. Obviously inventory varies from store to store and most are probably cleaned out by now (it's been a couple days).

#589 beastof259

beastof259

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Thank you Santa C.... err... Tony for the great deals and to add a coupon on top of that just makes it magical ! :D

btw any chance we could see Quantum Conundrum Season Pass, Castle Crachers, Orcs Must Die! and Orc Must Die! 2 available for PC downloads ? (pref. steam redeemable )

Also deals for Dead Island Game of the Year and Airline Tycoon 2 would be very welcome.

Sorry in advance if you have already gave answers for those games.

#590 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Pretty much this. You guys have great sales, especially compared to the garbage Steam's been doing, but your selection is still ain't got the depth. I was looking for some recent stuff to use that coupon on and found that you lacked download (or in some cases any) versions of Deponia, To The Moon, Book of Unwritten Tales, Kotor 2, Trine 2, FTL, Torchlight 2...

I mean, I don't have a clue how this stuff is distributed or whatever and maybe it's not fair to expect parity on virtually unknown adventure games, but since Tony wanted to know it what manner Steam was better, that's how.

#591 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Upcoming Deals Everyone!

Deal of the Week: 10/7-10/13

Fear Pack: $9.99

Fear 1
Fear 2
Fear 3

Batman Pack: $9.99

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum

Both WB Packs activate on Steam.

This is really crappy of Amazon. They were 50% off on Labor Day. I purchased all five of these. Fear 3 was $15, Fear 2 was $7.50, Fear was $5, Batman AC was $15, Batman AA GOTY was $10. It was a huge deal because WB had just joined Amazon and the games joined the 50% off promotion. That ended up being $52.50.. now they're $20? I could've saved $32?! I feel completely screwed over, especially since that was a holiday sale and this is just a regular sale. I'd shrug it off if it was a few bucks, but $32 is a lot.

I've only been able to install AA since they're all so heavy on the disk space (Fear 1 + expansions is 17+ gb).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#592 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

This is really crappy of Amazon. They were 50% off on Labor Day. I purchased all five of these. Fear 3 was $15, Fear 2 was $7.50, Fear was $5, Batman AC was $15, Batman AA was $10. It was a huge deal because WB had just joined Amazon and they joined the 50% off promotion. That ended up being $52.50.. now they're $20? I could've saved $32?! I feel completely screwed over.

Seriously, you win some you lose some. If you want the best deal, you better off never buying anything and waiting forever.

If you happened to already play the games and liked them, then what's the harm done? Heck, I bought Crysis 2 when it launched and it went down by $20 the very next day. I felt kind of PO'ed but realized the game, none the less, was a lot of fun and worth the $50 I paid.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#593 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

So what do I need to include in the voodoo doll to get the 25 percent coupons to work on preorders someday soon?

#594 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Seriously, you win some you lose some. If you want the best deal, you better off never buying anything and waiting forever.

If you happened to already play the games and liked them, then what's the harm done? Heck, I bought Crysis 2 when it launched and it went down by $20 the very next day. I felt kind of PO'ed but realized the game, none the less, was a lot of fun and worth the $50 I paid.

I understand that, and yeah, they're fantastic games (I've played them on console), but I have only been able to install AA because of bandwidth limits (thanks Comcast!) and played the intro of it. It just feels reversed, it feels like the Labor Day sale should've been the packs for $9.99 each and the weekly sale should've been these at the sale prices I paid. Am I supposed to avoid the holiday sales now because there's probably going to be a better sale a few weeks after?

So what do I need to include in the voodoo doll to get the 25 percent coupons to work on preorders someday soon?

I hope it does work on preorders soon, I'd like to snag Hitman Absolution.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#595 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

This is really crappy of Amazon. They were 50% off on Labor Day. I purchased all five of these. Fear 3 was $15, Fear 2 was $7.50, Fear was $5, Batman AC was $15, Batman AA GOTY was $10. It was a huge deal because WB had just joined Amazon and the games joined the 50% off promotion. That ended up being $52.50.. now they're $20? I could've saved $32?! I feel completely screwed over, especially since that was a holiday sale and this is just a regular sale. I'd shrug it off if it was a few bucks, but $32 is a lot.

I've only been able to install AA since they're all so heavy on the disk space (Fear 1 + expansions is 17+ gb).

I have to agree to a certain degree. It's frustrating when you buy something and it is immediately put on a better sale month or so later.

We buy some of these deals thinking, okay, Tony pushed and got a really good price on these games, and we buy them. Yet when a month or so later they're way cheaper? That begs the question of why they weren't just that price the last time.

Obviously you win some you lose some, but that's kind of a surefire way to frustrate customers a bit. The same thing has happened to me a handful of times recently. It almost feels like we should just ignore every bundle deal Amazon puts together the first time, and wait a month till it repeats at a better price. That's kind of weird.

(It would be nice if we could "price match" within a certain amount of time, but that's probably asking too much.)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#596 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

You should avoid some sales simply because those were mediocre prices. All of those games have been much cheaper several times over the past year. The only decent deal in the WB debut was Lego Batman 2.

#597 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

I understand that, and yeah, they're fantastic games (I've played them on console), but I have only been able to install AA because of bandwidth limits (thanks Comcast!) and played the intro of it. It just feels reversed, it feels like the Labor Day sale should've been the packs for $9.99 each and the weekly sale should've been these at the sale prices I paid. Am I supposed to avoid the holiday sales now because there's probably going to be a better sale a few weeks after?

I hope it does work on preorders soon, I'd like to snag Hitman Absolution.

I hear your feedback, but I'm curious, what time period do you think is acceptable for spacing between promotions? Our general rule of thumb is 1 month. Additionally, it makes more sense to launch products at a lower discount, see how customers respond, and then plan future promotions based on that response.

When I say "it makes sense" I am speaking from a statistical/financial/logical perspective.

Curious what the general thought here is, should we not be promoting products within 2 months of each other? Does that mean that Black Friday discounts should be the exact same as Christmas Sale Discounts?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#598 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

glad to see this new coupon strategy. i hope we get more of these coupons during the big sales (halloween, thanksgiving, x-mas, summer) despite whatever the sales figures end up being. obviously more people will buy with a big sale combined with a coupon.

#599 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Was tempted by the EA pack for $10, but couldn't pass it up for $7.50. Double dipping on Mirror's Edge and Bulletstorm, but I kept Bulletstorm in my Steam inventory and my Mirror's Edge was a physical disc that's who knows where. Now I can put up my Steam version of Bulletstorm for trade and I'll have more than KoA on my Origin account, so maybe I'll use it a bit more.

Rohsiph.png

#600 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

You should avoid some sales simply because those were mediocre prices. All of those games have been much cheaper several times over the past year. The only decent deal in the WB debut was Lego Batman 2.

This. I posted the same thing during that sale period. A lot of those games were cheaper during other sales. When you buy games, if you want the best deals you should really look at past sale history.