Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#6061 imentec

imentec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

:applause:

#6062 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

don't talk that crazy talk. There are already plenty of clients. Lets leave that be.

competition is a fantastic thing in this regard. Amazon seems to be willing to take a smaller cut off of the top to push sales. I can only hope that they will also clean up the digital software/game user sections on their site, or offer a small nimble app to help facilitate product management their customers. Right now, i can't see the downside to this, especially since we are already having to go to the amazon site as it is to manage our titles, unless they are specific to origin or steam, of course.

qft

#6063 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Risen 2, eh? That could be a purchase.... oh yes...

This. Thanks for the Risen 2 sale.

#6064 voldak

voldak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Competition is a fantastic thing in this regard. Amazon seems to be willing to take a smaller cut off of the top to push sales. I can only hope that they will also clean up the digital software/game user sections on their site, or offer a small nimble app to help facilitate product management their customers. Right now, I can't see the downside to this, especially since we are already having to go to the Amazon site as it is to manage our titles, unless they are specific to Origin or Steam, of course.

Makes perfect sense when stated this way. I do sometimes forget that I even have some games (not often, but it happens) because they aren't on my steam or origin clients. I just really don't want to get to the point where every site has their own origin/steam-esque client.

#6065 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Maybe Amazon should create a sort of "meta-client" to organize all other clients as well as Amazon DLs...that might be nice
76561198025510545.png

#6066 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

They already have that cloud player music/data thing.

Obviously, games are way to big to get integrated into the cloud, but a light client or some more organizational options on the My Games page would be nice and I'm sure they are working on it. If I recall, even the My Games page is relatively new.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6067 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Great, I broke the forum with my link.

#6068 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Update! Tomorrow, 11/21, we'll have Dead Island GOTY for $6.79, Risen for $4.99, and Risen 2 for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Those are ALL some GREAT deals...
Though, I already own ALL of those already. :-x

#6069 puzurinsusinak

puzurinsusinak

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Ubisoft has dropped the ball on promoting the AssCreed franchise? I would have expected some face-melting deals on the older titles, both to wring some more dollars out of IP that's getting a little long in the tooth and to gin up interest in the new game. Instead, we're seeing $5 for 1 & 2. I can pick that up at my leisure at a big box store. And more than $10 for the tepidly-reviewed Revelations? No thanks. $5 for Brotherhood is an okay deal, but sticking it between two crap deals doesn't make it any less of a crap sandwich.

The games that I've picked up in Amazon bundles in the last 30 days alone will keep me busy for the better part of a year. AssCreed may well fall by the wayside.

#6070 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Ubisoft has dropped the ball on promoting the AssCreed franchise? I would have expected some face-melting deals on the older titles, both to wring some more dollars out of IP that's getting a little long in the tooth and to gin up interest in the new game. Instead, we're seeing $5 for 1 & 2. I can pick that up at my leisure at a big box store. And more than $10 for the tepidly-reviewed Revelations? No thanks. $5 for Brotherhood is an okay deal, but sticking it between two crap deals doesn't make it any less of a crap sandwich.

The games that I've picked up in Amazon bundles in the last 30 days alone will keep me busy for the better part of a year. AssCreed may well fall by the wayside.

+1 for using the phrase crap sandwich.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6071 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

+1 for using the phrase crap sandwich.

Cheers,
Tony

Speaking of crap sandwiches, Agricultural Simulator 2011 Gold is unavailable, any chance of getting that back in stock Tony?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6072 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm going to play devil's advocate and guess this is might be what UbiSoft's thinking:

"Why drop the price majorly on their AC games...
...when AC3 consoles is selling VERY well & AC3 PC is right around the corner?

Gamers are just going to buy-up anything AC related thrown their way!

If many gamers go out and are behind on AC series already and need to catch up on those and pick those up VERY cheap, why the heck would they drop $60 on AC3?
They'd be too busy playing the other AC games and will likely wait for price-drop on AC3."

#6073 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Speaking of crap sandwiches, Agricultural Simulator 2011 Gold is unavailable, any chance of getting that back in stock Tony?

That's not a crap sandwich, its crap bread but with a juicy delicious middle :)

#6074 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Don't let your expectations get out of line. AC are all AAA current gen games.
You can get the first four games for $20 or the first three for $10. Those are pretty good "bundle" prices.

I'm not even seeing where these prices are coming from. The OP isn't updated I guess.

#6075 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

That's not a crap sandwich, its crap bread but with a juicy delicious middle :)

Here's my thoughts on AC series, so far...

AC1 was good, but VERY flawed and repetitive (especially on the side-quests).
AC2 was absolutely amazing and improved in every single way over the original AC.
AC:B was very good - some improvements in gameplay, but story is nowhere as amazing as AC2.

AC:R...I don't know when I'll actually finish it. I wasn't impressed w/ the new Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles.

#6076 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm going to play devil's advocate and guess this is might be what UbiSoft's thinking:

"Why drop the price majorly on their AC games...
...when AC3 consoles is selling VERY well & AC3 PC is right around the corner?

Gamers are just going to buy-up anything AC related thrown their way!

If many gamers go out and are behind on AC series already and need to catch up on those and pick those up VERY cheap, why the heck would they drop $60 on AC3?
They'd be too busy playing the other AC games and will likely wait for price-drop on AC3."

This, plus...

In my opinion you really can't/don't want to play the AC series back to back. About a year after playing AC2 I played AC:B, and about 8 months later I'm plowing through AC:R (almost done, Sequence 8). That might seem a bit long intervals to some, but the gameplay is very similar and I tend to spend 40-45 hours on each. Thus some AC-virgin who picks up AC2, AC:B, or AC:R isn't as likely to pickup AC3 for Xmas. Just me experience, you may disagree, but remember: you are not me. ^_~

#6077 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

AC2 was absolutely amazing and improved in every single way over the original AC.
AC:B was very good - some improvements in gameplay, but story is nowhere as amazing as AC2.

AC:R...I don't know when I'll actually finish it. I wasn't impressed w/ the new Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Now sticky that bad Oscar.

Edit: I meant to add that I've tried a few times to play and/or finish AC:R and just get kind bored with it.

#6078 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

As much as I like your rant, purchasing Assassin's Creed 3 also entitled people to a 50% discount on most sites. That 50% stacked on top of other promotions the websites were running. As such, I got all four previous titles to gift to a friend on GamersGate for a grand total of $15.80.

#6079 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

I completely agree on AC2 and AC:B. I haven't played AC1 yet.

I'm almost done with AC:R (in Sequence 8), my impressions are that it falls somewhat short of AC:B. It's not a bad entry, but more of an underachieving sequel. The map/buildings/rooftops of Istanbul feel bland after the truly amazing Venice (AC2) and fun to run around in (even with a horse though pedestrians) Rome (AC:B). The Istanbul map lacks variety. The Tower Defense minigame isn't my thing (a common opinion on the forums) but can be ignored after the easy tutorial. The totally optional Desmond memories (silly roaming through VR rooms and portal-lite style with a dribble of storytelling) are dull. Bomb crafting has been expanded, and gives one a few more tactical options. Story wise, it didn't grab me at the start but by halfway it started to build momentum.

TL;DR AC:R is AC:B with a less interesting/fun city, no ponies, no templar lairs, some avoidable and uninteresting minigames, and expanded bomb options. It's a bit of letdown from its predecessor, but still a okay entry in the series. Think of it as filler between AC:B and AC3

Edited by asheskitty, 21 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#6080 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

I disagree.

AC1, 2 and Bro @ $5 and Rev @ $10 is still the lowest price point for these games; I can't really see how you can just go out to a big retailer and pick them up at your leisure at these prices; Assassin's Creed series just does not go on big sales very often [perhaps twice a year]. For $5 each, your getting a lot of hours of gaming at a low price [it took me 10 hours to beat AC1, 20 to beat AC2, and I'm 15 hours into AC:Bro].

You also need to realize your dealing with a big publisher like Ubisoft. As with other big publishers, their games usually never go any lower than the $5 price point.

I understand we've seen some unbelievable bundles coming from Amazon. But when a legitimate deal is presented to us, we can't be disappointed just because we're not getting 5 games for $10.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#6081 Markos

Markos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

we can't be disappointed just because we're not getting 5 games for $10.

I agree, I'm disappointed because they don't activate on steam though...

#6082 Satoru

Satoru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

But I was talking about Agriculturer Simulator 2011 Gold...

What are these AC games people keep talking about? Is that like Agriculture Clone or something? The world needs more farming games that's for sure.:)

#6083 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

But I was talking about Agriculturer Simulator 2011 Gold...

What are these AC games people keep talking about? Is that like Agriculture Clone or something? The world needs more farming games that's for sure.:)

Assassin's Creed.

#6084 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Risen 2 $9.99? Yes! What about DLC? Any bundle? Thanks Tony!

#6085 unknown0

unknown0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

So will Dead island GOTY come with a steam key?

#6086 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

So will Dead island GOTY come with a steam key?

Yes, it's a Steamworks game.

#6087 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Question on the Risen games, DRM or not? Not sure if there's a DRM-free version of 2 but 1's been like that quite a bit.

#6088 br26

br26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

so if i buy the Civ V gods and kings expansion for mac i still get the windows version right?

#6089 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Question on the Risen games, DRM or not? Not sure if there's a DRM-free version of 2 but 1's been like that quite a bit.

Risen 1 is DRM-FREE. I know this because I own Risen 1 from Amazon. Amazon was actually the retailer that got Deep Silver rolling the ball on getting rid of T@GES that was in Risen [see server activation issues].

Risen 2 only has STEAM DRM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#6090 rman

rman

We Are Our Own Wicked Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

X-Blades link is not working on the first page.