Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#7021 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Dark Souls.. were on for 15USD? or cheaper

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#7022 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hotline Miami its on the editors choice, so you can get it on January for 5$ off in amazon!

slightly off topic but were the link that show editors choice saw it mention randomly few times but never saw original post

#7023 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hotline Miami...
My favorite indie of 2012, so far.
One of my favorites for 2012 overall, as well.
That soundtrack is bloody AMAZING.

this man speaks the truth, awesome game. For anyone who's is on the fence about it just get it, you won't regret it

AnQAzfm.png

#7024 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Tony, I know you're only working with what you've got. Please pass this feedback along to whatever engineers are responsible for the construction of the digital space in which you work:

The sale pages are a hot mess.

- All the wordy stuff at the top of the page. It's so difficult to find the link you want hidden in a conversational format. Works well for news and stories... not so much for a store page.
- It's Saturday. I'm looking at Black Friday deals and BF Bundles. Still active? Dunno. Confusing? Yes.
- All the sale items are in thumbnail format, arranged in an invisible grid, sitting atop more tiny text. I search for stuff on that site (that I know is there) and sometimes I still miss it.
- I cannot sort by price, discount, or even alphabetically.
- It's impossible to tell when new things have been added; or at least it's hidden so well that I can't find out how...

I feel like I've maybe missed out on a deal or two. Your excellent attempts to guide us through the sale here are in conflict with the madness that is presented on the site. I can't imagine what gets missed by people who are not so fortunate as to have access to your summaries.

Thanks for listening and keep fighting the good fight!

76561197971332172.png

#7025 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

It always amazes me how one of the world's largest online retailers can still have such a user-hostile interface for the digital game sales. You'd think they'd be pioneers in making it easy on me to find what I want, what's on sale, what has the deepest discounts, etc. Instead it looks like someone just dumped a toy chest on the floor and wants me to paw through it looking for that one action figure I'm sure is in there.

#7026 equalsP

equalsP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

NOO!! I missed the NFS:MW deal .. thats ok though, I have way too many games to play, but I've been looking forward to the next Burnout game ....

Thanks for the Deals Tony, gonna pick up a few more before the sales over. (I'll set an Alarm for Kingdom of Amalur this time.)

#7027 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

NOO!! I missed the NFS:MW deal

I think it will be back on Monday. I assume the $5 off coupon from Need for Speed Run will still work as well for a final price of $15.

Edited by cutter2, 24 November 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#7028 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

It always amazes me how one of the world's largest online retailers can still have such a user-hostile interface for the digital game sales.

There's certainly something odd going on over there. I keep looking in their "Digital Games And Software" and discovering that Amazon have stopped doing boxed digital games altogether... wait, no they haven't! They've only put the download games in the Digital Games And Software category, and have the boxed digital games in a separate category with... movies and music, obviously.

And then the search bar says "Digital Game Downloads"... as opposed to what? What other kinds of game can one download? Ooh, time to get another box of Jenga. Hmmm... don't want to wait for delivery. I know, I'll use Amazon's new Analog Game Downloads! And then I'll go and spend $50 on a sex prostitute! :bouncy:

Get an English-speaker to sort out your categories, please, Tony! "Digital" is not a synonym for "download"!

Or, y'know, you could ignore me completely because it's not really important and just keep providing great deals. That would also work for me. :bow:

#7029 rman

rman

We Are Our Own Wicked Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

It always amazes me how one of the world's largest online retailers can still have such a user-hostile interface for the digital game sales. You'd think they'd be pioneers in making it easy on me to find what I want, what's on sale, what has the deepest discounts, etc. Instead it looks like someone just dumped a toy chest on the floor and wants me to paw through it looking for that one action figure I'm sure is in there.

I agree, it's like the movie bin at Walmart. You have to hunt for the gems, I gave up on this sale in the first half hour.

#7030 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wow, the Ubisoft flash deals every day are fantastic. Man, I wish Amazon would match those.

Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold will be $8 tomorrow if people vote for it as the deal.

I would love to see Beyond G&E for that price on Steam

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#7031 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I have UK imports of Silverfall + Earth Awakening in a Retail Box (Gogamer, RIP!).
When I put the disc in for Earth Awakening, it actually first automatically searched for Silverfall (to see if it's already installed on my HDD); noticed it; and then installed it right into the folder itself.

Hopefully, other versions (like the Steam version) do the same and are just as painless. :D
I'd guess, given the nature of Steam - it's probably just as painless or even more painless, if you have both base game + expansion.

I bought the Silverfall package from Steam. Thanks for the tips! Can anyone confirm that the Steam install, provided you buy the whole package, installs everything in one folder? I have about 1GB free space so I can't answer the question for myself.

#7032 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Agreed. Amazon downloads is really not user-friendly. Steam's store navigation is pretty bad too but Amazon is worse, especially when there are hundreds of titles on sale.

I think GamersGate and GOG do their store catalogues pretty well, allowing you to filter the lists based on prices, game features, release dates, etc. (See http://www.gamersgate.com/offers)

Even if Amazon could add a sort option (by title, price, rating, date added/modified, discount %, etc.) it would make browsing a heck of a lot easier.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#7033 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Even if Amazon could add a sort option (by title, price, rating, date added/modified, discount %, etc.) it would make browsing a heck of a lot easier.

THIS That's what I want, to browse digital downloads as any other store department.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#7034 Eddy898

Eddy898

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Didn't realize this was a PM, sorry was tired last night.

I'll wake the hamsters up right now, our pricing should be in place in a bit.

PM is in place now but without having a bundle of both games Steam still has Amazon beat on Silverfall because they have a bundle of both games for $3.74

I agree, it's like the movie bin at Walmart. You have to hunt for the gems, I gave up on this sale in the first half hour.

Or like the clearance rack at Ross. I agree. I hate digging through Amazon's site. I usually don't bother and just lurk and see if anyone links any good deals. The site is awful to navigate for digital games.

#7035 EvilInside

EvilInside

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Tony do you will match the price of Steam of Deus Ex ?

#7036 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

PM is in place now but without having a bundle of both games Steam still has Amazon beat on Silverfall because they have a bundle of both games for $3.74

that's what I'm going to pick up - usually like to buy steam games through amazon but I'm not seeing too many editor choice titles I'd be picking up with the two additional coupons from amazon.

can someone who's got the silverfall combo from steam verify the installation goes in a single place please?

all this buying and we still have Tony's Christmas sale ahead...

Edit: according to this post http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2678744 the two games now apparently download and install as one in the same location.

#7037 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I have UK imports of Silverfall + Earth Awakening in a Retail Box (Gogamer, RIP!).

Spoiler
I'd guess, given the nature of Steam - it's probably just as painless or even more painless, if you have both base game + expansion.

Awesome infor MysterD, Steam makes it so easy a console peasant could do it. ^_~ I tend to spoiler out relevant but longer information to cut down the size of my post quotes but still have the information easily available.

spend $50 on a sex prostitute! :bouncy:

The term is sex workers now. The term prostitute is a pejorative. :bouncy: still applies.

I bought the Silverfall package from Steam. Thanks for the tips! Can anyone confirm that the Steam install, provided you buy the whole package, installs everything in one folder? I have about 1GB free space so I can't answer the question for myself.

can someone who's got the silverfall combo from steam verify the installation goes in a single place please?

Spoiler

Silverfall complete from Steam is 10GB of download and 21GB of disk space. The expansion is only 250MB of download. It all installs into steamapps/common/silverfall/

#7038 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Any chance of a Deus ex dlc pricematch? Tactical is 49 cents, and Explosive is 74 cents =0

#7039 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Adding myself to the chorus of frustration with Amazon's Digital Games storefront. Prices and deals are awesome, but it's enough of a headache to discourage casual browsing (i.e. impulse purchases).
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#7040 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Tony Hawk HD for $5 is live: http://www.amazon.co...duct/B009CEM332
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7041 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hey man,

We don't have any plans for a Focus sale in the near future. Sorry for the delayed response.

Cheers,
Tony

No problem, sir. I know you're busy. Thanks for price matching the Silverfall stuff, though!

#7042 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

It'll be hard, but guess I'll wait until January to get Hotline Miami from Amazon. I'll be playing all the other games I've already purchased from amazon this past week :)

#7043 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ok I'm gonna hold off giving Steam $5 for Hotline Miami. I can wait until January.....

But it is hard!

#7044 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

While I agree with the suggestions, I will say that if you choose the categories on the left side of the screen (Action, Adventure, etc.) you can then sort by price and see what the cheaper sale items are. You might miss some of if you don't browse the "Casual" section since some games are categorized there.

I don't mind browsing the main sale link since it's only 11-16 pages of things to look at, though other stuff is on sale and not included on the link.

Finally, I still find Amazon's storefront light years better than Steam. I hate Steam's store client. Their website is a little better, but I never use Steam to browse casually for games. Too annoying/slow etc.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7045 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Would love a PM on the deus ex dlc!

#7046 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Ok I'm gonna hold off giving Steam $5 for Hotline Miami. I can wait until January.....

But it is hard!

Waiting doesn't seem practical unless you:
1) Prefer to spend Amazon credit
2) Have a lot of $5 coupons
3) See no other Editor's Choice game you want

For me it is costing $5 AND one of my coupons for waiting for Hotline in January. There is a chance it will be on sale for $7.50 adding an additional $2.50 in savings but still using one of my coupons. I went ahead and bought the steam version so as to save the coupon for another game.

#7047 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Any chance of a Deus ex dlc pricematch? Tactical is 49 cents, and Explosive is 74 cents =0

also it's 99 cents if you buy the 2 pack bundle

#7048 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

While I agree with the suggestions, I will say that if you choose the categories on the left side of the screen (Action, Adventure, etc.) you can then sort by price and see what the cheaper sale items are. You might miss some of if you don't browse the "Casual" section since some games are categorized there.

I don't mind browsing the main sale link since it's only 11-16 pages of things to look at, though other stuff is on sale and not included on the link.

Finally, I still find Amazon's storefront light years better than Steam. I hate Steam's store client. Their website is a little better, but I never use Steam to browse casually for games. Too annoying/slow etc.

I'm having a hard time seeing how you think Amazon's store is better than Steam's. Okay, maybe the speed issue (it's usually fine for me though), but Amazon's store is essentially featureless. You just get a dump of all the items and that's it. It's pretty much up to you to sort through them one by one to see what interests you.

Yes, there are categories but that's not much of a feature. As much as I agree the way Steam's store works isn't good, at least they have sorting and advanced search options that allow you to filter based on price, publisher/developer, language, and game features like multi-player or single player or controller support.

Amazon has none of that. You might be okay with browsing through 16 pages looking at each one to see if any interests you, but that's still a lot of work for most people. When you have 80+% sales the goal is to get impulse purchases, but I'm betting Amazon is losing a lot of potential sales because people don't even know there are heavily discounted games that they might have otherwise purchased buried deep inside one of those 16 pages.

Even if you've got the time to go through the entire list it's still very possible you would have overlooked something. Allowing people to at least sort the list would be extremely helpful. I've not seen one other store without the ability to sort their catalogue in some way, it's really kind of ridiculous that a huge store like Amazon doesn't even have that basic function.

Edit: Actually I guess Steam doesn't really have sorting for games on sale either. I thought they had that option. But even then their main store has a lot more features than Amazon's (the ability to filter items), so I still don't see how Steam's is worse (again, I don't think it's good either, but I still think it's better than Amazon's).

Edited by dark2025, 24 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.

Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#7049 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm having a hard time seeing how you think Amazon's store is better than Steam's. Okay, maybe the speed issue (it's usually fine for me though), but Amazon's store is essentially featureless. You just get a dump of all the items and that's it. It's pretty much up to you to sort through them one by one to see what interests you.

Yes, there are categories but that's not much of a feature. As much as I agree the way Steam's store works isn't good, at least they have sorting and advanced search options that allow you to filter based on price, publisher/developer, language, and game features like multi-player or single player or controller support.

Amazon has none of that. You might be okay with browsing through 16 pages looking at each one to see if any interests you, but that's still a lot of work for most people. When you have 80+% sales the goal is to get impulse purchases, but I'm betting Amazon is losing a lot of potential sales because people don't even know there are heavily discounted games that they might have otherwise purchased buried deep inside one of those 16 pages.

Even if you've got the time to go through the entire list it's still very possible you would have overlooked something. Allowing people to at least sort the list would be extremely helpful. I've not seen one other store without the ability to sort their catalogue in some way, it's really kind of ridiculous that a huge store like Amazon doesn't even have that basic function.

For one, Steam's store is completely unusable to me in the client. I can't tab anything so I literally have to open one game, go back, repeat. Completely annoying. I never use their in client store period.

Online, their store is a little better, but I shouldn't have to resort to the secondary version of their store to get the best version.

Even online, their categories are lacking and they are the equivalent to Amazon. Choose a Category (Action, Adventure, etc.) sort by price. Amazon has those same features. Steam doesn't even bother to have a "Games on Sale" link. You have to browse everything or search to see if the game you want is on sale.

So I don't really see how anyone can say Steam is better. They are on par or worse than Amazon to me.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7050 Isaccard

Isaccard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Is there a link to the list of games that will be on the editors choice I can see?