Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#7051 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Even online, their categories are lacking and they are the equivalent to Amazon. Choose a Category (Action, Adventure, etc.) sort by price. Amazon has those same features. Steam doesn't even bother to have a "Games on Sale" link. You have to browse everything or search to see if the game you want is on sale.

http://store.steampo...n&category1=998
Check out their advanced search options - it's still much better than Amazon's main Digital Downloads store. You can at least filter out demos, DLCs, limit your search based on prices, publishers, developers, or only look up games with multi-player or only games with achievements, etc. It's a lot more featured than Amazon's, which just has a sort function in their main store.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#7052 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I didn't mean to ignite a debate about which storefront is better. I just find it difficult, personally, to use Amazon's Digital VD sale pages. Someone mentioned it's like upending a toybox and that's precisely it. It's super-hard to know when something new goes on sale and the dates are all over the place - witness the half dozen people every few pages that are upset they missed a sale item.

I'm not trying to pile on. My first post was just to try to give some feedback on the site. I've said enough, I think.

Is there a link to the list of games that will be on the editors choice I can see?

Yeah, it's right at the top of the sale page... which just proves my point.
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000716161

76561197971332172.png

#7053 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Likewise, I'm just speaking for myself. If others find it easy or good enough, that's cool. Personally, I wouldn't have bought half the stuff I have or shared half the deals I have on other forums except for Tony's work here. Left to my own devices to find the deals on Amazon DVG, I would have missed most of the stuff.

#7054 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Tony,

Again, thanks for the PM on Silverfall. Question re: Editor's Choice stuff. With Saints Row 3 base game being on the list does that mean the Complete Package you sell would also be eligible for the promo codes in January or will the codes only be good on the base game?

Also also, agreeing with Yurtle the Turtle above: the Amazon site is really clunky. Were it not for you posting here I'd miss out on most of the sales.

#7055 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

For one, Steam's store is completely unusable to me in the client. I can't tab anything so I literally have to open one game, go back, repeat. Completely annoying. I never use their in client store period.

Online, their store is a little better, but I shouldn't have to resort to the secondary version of their store to get the best version.

Even online, their categories are lacking and they are the equivalent to Amazon. Choose a Category (Action, Adventure, etc.) sort by price. Amazon has those same features. Steam doesn't even bother to have a "Games on Sale" link. You have to browse everything or search to see if the game you want is on sale.

So I don't really see how anyone can say Steam is better. They are on par or worse than Amazon to me.

You're dinging Steam's store for having to use the web version, when the web version is the only option for Amazon. On top of what you mentioned, Steam's store also lets you search by OS, content type, dev, pub, etc....

Steam also has a button that shows only games on discount every time of the year except during sales, because during sales nearly everything is on sale, so it would be pointless. Look I'm not saying the Steam store is the best solution and couldn't be improved, but I can't understand your argument here.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7056 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

WTB refund for NFS MW.

#7057 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

http://store.steampo...n&category1=998
Check out their advanced search options - it's still much better than Amazon's main Digital Downloads store. You can at least filter out demos, DLCs, limit your search based on prices, publishers, developers, or only look up games with multi-player or only games with achievements, etc. It's a lot more featured than Amazon's, which just has a sort function in their main store.

Here's the thing though, if on Amazon you click by category (Action, Adventure, etc) you have the following options:
Release Date
Operating System
Brand (Publisher)
Amazon Customer Rating
ESRB
Price
% of Discount

That is more than enough for me. I don't really use the multi player, achievement, etc.

And in both cases (Steam and Amazon) you have to first choose a category before being able to sort.

So I just don't see the "much better" argument.

I didn't mean to ignite a debate about which storefront is better. I just find it difficult, personally, to use Amazon's Digital VD sale pages. Someone mentioned it's like upending a toybox and that's precisely it. It's super-hard to know when something new goes on sale and the dates are all over the place - witness the half dozen people every few pages that are upset they missed a sale item.

I'm not trying to pile on. My first post was just to try to give some feedback on the site. I've said enough, I think.

Yeah, it's right at the top of the sale page... which just proves my point.
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000716161

I'm not trying to make this a retailer vs. retailer thing, but I just noticed a string of posts about "OMG how can amazon have such a horrible interface, etc." I agree Amazon's interface could use vast improvement, I was just pointing out that the king of digital distribution also has a lot lacking in their storefront, we just don't have anywhere to sound off about it.

You're dinging Steam's store for having to use the web version, when the web version is the only option for Amazon. On top of what you mentioned, Steam's store also lets you search by OS, content type, dev, pub, etc....

Steam also has a button that shows only games on discount every time of the year except during sales, because during sales nearly everything is on sale, so it would be pointless. Look I'm not saying the Steam store is the best solution and couldn't be improved, but I can't understand your argument here.

I don't want an Amazon client. My point is if your client is supposed to be your main interface for consumers, it should be the best way for consumers to buy your product, and for Steam that is not the case.

Anyway, I've said all I need to say about this. It's hard enough to sort through the deals without having to read stuff like this, so the issue is dead on my side.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#7058 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I completely love Amazon and their paradox packs :D

Btw, tony, any plans on putting the Sword of Islam dlc for Crusader Kings 2? I asked for a price match when Steam had it as a weekend deal but never got a reply :c

#7059 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Just got the Majesty Bundle and I did not receive a Majesty Gold HD key. Is it included with the Majesty 2 Collection key that is given with the pack, is mine missing or has Amazon run out of keys to give?

#7060 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Tony mentioned they're bundled as one due something with the HD upgrade of the original Majesty.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7061 :Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Tony mentioned they're bundled as one due something with the HD upgrade of the original Majesty.

Well if that is the case, then I will need to contact Steam support to revoke my current Majesty 2 license that I bought some years ago since it won't let me redeem the key just for the DLC.

I also just found this on a previous page of this thread.

#7062 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

The $5 coupons are losing their charm after seeing the editor's choice list, hope it improves :)

#7063 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I actually got a separate key for Majesty HD.

MARS

#7064 :Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I actually got a separate key for Majesty HD.

That's what I suspected, thanks. Time to contact Tony!

#7065 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I bought the Pint Sized bundle though. Sorry, brain flatulence.

MARS

#7066 :Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I bought the Pint Sized bundle though. Sorry, brain flatulence.

No biggie. Guess I will wait and see if it is the non-Steam key issue then. Good thing I have Warlock to keep me busy while I wait!

#7067 ACTUAL

ACTUAL

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Tony any chance for a Sale/Price Match on Call of Duty Black Ops 2? Tigerdirect has it for $39, but for a physical copy with rebate.

Any one have the list/link for Amazons editors choice game picks for January? I went a few threads back and could not find it.

Edited by ACTUAL, 24 November 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#7068 uqblf

uqblf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

A few pages back Tony said they had run out of Steam keys for two Paradox games and would get that sorted out as soon as they get new ones. Could be that Majesty Gold HD was one em, but couldn't find the post again when doing a quick search.

#7069 try2catchmike

try2catchmike

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

The $5 coupons are losing their charm after seeing the editor's choice list, hope it improves :)

Not sure why you aren't happy so far, those are the biggest games of 2012 and they will be discounted throughout January if this goes anything like last year. You should be able to get a lot of them for under $10 w/ coupon.

#7070 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Not sure why you aren't happy so far, those are the biggest games of 2012 and they will be discounted throughout January if this goes anything like last year. You should be able to get a lot of them for under $10 w/ coupon.

Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already. Look at Dark Souls, $26.79 -$5 doesn't even beat the promo they just had for $15

#7071 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already.

It's worth noting that the "Best of List" is most likely incomplete.

Many of us CAGers who were part of the "$5 Coupon Deal" last year remember, the list was compiled over the November and December months, and was not complete until right before New Years.

Instead of jumping the gun venting your disappointment, just want until January [it's still 5 weeks away]. Tony has a way of shocking us.

Edited by UW_Shocks, 24 November 2012 - 10:12 PM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7072 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Any thoughts about Sonic Episode 4?

#7073 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I thought Sonic Episode 4 part 1 was dreadful
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7074 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Well, it's true that if you've been jumping at everything left and right that you won't find some of the stuff that's repeatedly on sale as the best use of your coupon, you already have it.

But I'm pretty sure that there's a certain group of games that are being held back with that sale in mind. Some just make far too much sense to be in that sale as they aren't otherwise in any really.

#7075 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Partly because there's not that many games in there that interest me at all. Secondly because I expect I might get at least half of them for the resulting price on the Xmas sales already. Look at Dark Souls, $26.79 -$5 doesn't even beat the promo they just had for $15

Also of note, Amazon usually price matches Steam's deals, and the first few days of the coupon overlap with thee end of Steam's winter sale. That's where you'll find the best discount.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png

#7076 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Also of note, Amazon usually price matches Steam's deals, and the first few days of the coupon overlap with thee end of Steam's winter sale. That's where you'll find the best discount.

That might be more interesting yeah. Although I think I remember Tony mentioning that some of the extreme deals that happened back then were not all the intended result in the end, so it remains to be seen if this year it'll be the same.
Also, if that constituted 'venting disappointment' you must see venting everywhere. (@person who wrote it)

#7077 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

^^^ Ya I see lots of that in here. :D
I did not mean vent = rage.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7078 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Deus Ex: HR base game, augmented edition, and Missing Link DLC have been PM'ed, but not the Tactical Enhancement or Explosive Mission packs.

Pretty please, Tony!?!?

#7079 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Is there a link to the list of games that will be on the editors choice I can see?

ask same question everyone busy posting their own thing too answers so i look around found this page

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000728511

#7080 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Any thoughts about Sonic Episode 4?

Part 2 was great.