Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#7141 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?

Fuck you!

#7142 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Fuck you!

I always thought he was a delightful fellow, though I never met the lad.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#7143 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

I grabbed that Harry Batman pack a couple of weeks ago. It's running again on Monday. But I agree... I'd love to see a LEGO pack for the remaining games as well. As long as it's cheap.

So the LEGO games are actually good? I never paid much attention to them and always assumed they were shovelware. I didn't know they were actually good games..

76561198039756693.png

#7144 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Fuck you!

Lol, I mean new members. ;) You're safe... Unless you're secretly and infiltrator!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#7145 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

I've been hiding on this forum for 8 years waiting for this moment, and now IT IS TIME TO STRIKE!

#7146 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

So the LEGO games are actually good? I never paid much attention to them and always assumed they were shovelware. I didn't know they were actually good games..

Yeah, Traveller's Tales makes some pretty good games. They go way back to Psygnosis and SEGA. They're all light action/adventure games that require a bit of exploration and replay to unlock new stuff and secret areas. In keeping with the LEGO brand you won't find the storylines get very serious, but they generally play well, are fun to look at, and provide a pretty good gaming value.

It's definitely not shovelware.

76561197971332172.png

#7147 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Is Amazon price matching the Double Fine bundle that Steam is running?
Posted Image

#7148 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Is Amazon price matching the Double Fine bundle that Steam is running?

Amazon doesnt offer Iron Brigade so I would just buy it from Steam

#7149 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

if i buy a borderlands 2 4-pack on amazon instead of steam, will I get 1 $5 coupon or 4?

#7150 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Firt of all, "Thank You" to Tony for alerting us to these deals and helping craft them to meet our needs / desires. I believe that Tony and others at Amazon have been paving a great path in refining and creating a better market to buy video games. (Cheapy D and others at CAG - thank you as well).

I do not profess to know alot about navigating forums or websites. I will agree with some previous posters that one area that amazon may want to improve upon is better access or ways of findings deals without having to go through enumerous pages or mouse clicks. Yes, amazon is a massive market place. Nevertheless, amazon or any other retailer realizes the importance of constant improving and also learning from customers how or what to improve.

I like steam, but I love amazon's customer care better. If amazon has the same price or better, they will get my money.

I also am grateful that Steam has competition. I believe that due to GOG, GMG, Amazon and others that Steam is having to improve the sales. If only they would improve their customer service.

Thanks again Tony and PLEASE keep the deals rolling. If you put it on sale, people will buy.

#7151 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Amazon doesnt offer Iron Brigade so I would just buy it from Steam

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to hold off on buying that bundle. Rumor around the block is Steam doesn't give individual games when you buy bundles. I already have CC and Psychonauts, so I'm just looking for Iron Brigade and Stacking. I plan on holding strong until they hit 75% off individually.
Posted Image

#7152 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to hold off on buying that bundle. Rumor around the block is Steam doesn't give individual games when you buy bundles. I already have CC and Psychonauts, so I'm just looking for Iron Brigade and Stacking. I plan on holding strong until they hit 75% off individually.

as Mooby would say

"Stand Fast!"

#7153 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

You guys who were bitching about navigating the Amazon game downloads website need to learn how to use its features better.

For example here is a list of all of the Square Enix digital download games sorted by price low to high. You can further filter the list by getting just items on sale by ticking the "10% or more discount" box.

While the Amazon website is far from perfect, it is a lot more flexible than you think once you learn how to use it properly.

thanks, picked this up for free
Posted Image

You don't need to come here saying things like this:

Number 2 Assholes Unite!!!!

It's unnecessary and counter-productive to the environment we're trying to create here. You don't need to curse at people to get a point across.

On a side note: So I wonder why all of the negativity that I experience here comes from people with a '2' in their name... Coincidence?

hmm, maybe you have a point there. :bouncy:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#7154 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I played the first couple Star Wars games and found them to be fun. I can't speak for the seemingly bazillion franchises they've published games for since then.

#7155 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

damn I missed out on Most Wanted :-(

#7156 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

It is a lofty standard to figure a business entering a market would learn from those already in it? Do you want to say that since Origin and UPLay stink, that Amazon should be expected to as well?

The bottom line is that as much as I would love an Amazon game client, they don't. All they do is sell stuff. The fact that MANY people are pointing out that the sales interface could use work is not an attack on Amazon. Much of this has been said for months, and Tony has even spoken towards relaying some of these concerns to those that could make changes. I will leave it at that.

All flaming and fanboyism aside, it's worrying that is getting troublesome for some to navigate a site, what happened to reading on screen options??. BTW I never said there wasn't any room for improvement, just that it can't be expected for it to reach steam levels for functionality in a fraction of the time steam has been in the market.

As for the client thing, well, to each their own, I like all my stuff in a single place and if that place is amazon, well, all the better.

If by any cataclysmic event steam improves their ever increasing anti climatic sales, and if by an even bigger cataclysm they improve their customer care department, I will see no reason to move from steam, I'm tied to quality of service, not brands.

#7157 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

All flaming and fanboyism aside, it's worrying that is getting troublesome for some to navigate a site, what happened to reading on screen options??. BTW I never said there wasn't any room for improvement, just that it can't be expected for it to reach steam levels for functionality in a fraction of the time steam has been in the market.

As for the client thing, well, to each their own, I like all my stuff in a single place and if that place is amazon, well, all the better.

If by any cataclysmic event steam improves their ever increasing anti climatic sales, and if by an even bigger cataclysm they improve their customer care department, I will see no reason to move from steam, I'm tied to quality of service, not brands.

I think we actually agree on most everything. I can't stand Steam for many reasons. I haven't spent a penny on Steam since February or March. My money goes to whoever provides the best value and experience, which seems to be exactly what you are saying. I also would love for Amazon to develop a client, though I think it is more likely that they merge with an existing company that already provides that.

I think our only difference of opinion is whether it is fair to expect Amazon to improve exponentially given their relatively short term on the market. I am fine with that.

Bottom line, we both view Amazon as the leader in price and customer service. More similarities than differences.

#7158 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Damn nice Paradox bundles. Grabbing the War Chest one.

#7159 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Looks like Heroes V is on sale as well http://www.amazon.co...824162&sr=1-244 along with the expansions; here's waiting for VI to go on sale maybe in Jan???

#7160 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Some decisions to make. Really want Victoria 2: A House Divided, but I own almost everything in the War Chest.

Aside from Syndicate in a few days, I will probably bite on several other games. Hard to justify a big pack just for the one title.

Dude, it is $7.50....

#7161 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Any chance of matching the current "Total War: Shogun 2" deals, specifically:

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection - $9.99
(Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Saga Faction Pack, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Obama Faction Pack, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Tsu Faction Pack, Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Sendai Faction Pack, Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Dragon War Battle Pack)

Just a simple "No, buy it on Steam" will be sufficient.

#7162 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

We've been having some persistent problems with recurrent trolls. While not 100% definitive, I see the clear marks of trolling behavior: unusual persistence in imposing/proving ones views, a pattern of posts being replies that do not add any value to the thread, status complex, rudeness, and an inability to let go.

While I certainly welcome new members to CAG, there are a small few who wind up on my ignore this -- most of them get banned.

#7163 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

We've been having some persistent problems with recurrent trolls. While not 100% definitive, I see the clear marks of trolling behavior: unusual persistence in imposing/proving ones views, a pattern of posts being replies that do not add any value to the thread, status complex, rudeness, and an inability to let go.

While I certainly welcome new members to CAG, there are a small few who wind up on my ignore this -- most of them get banned.

LOL I think you just described 99% of the internet.

On another note, I'm still hoping for that Deus Ex: HR Tactical + Enhancement DLC match!

#7164 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Dude, it is $7.50....

This is CAG. Paying 7.50 for a single DLC is not really fitting with the "C"

Seeing how trading has taken a turn, it is more trouble than it is worth for me to nab a large pack of games when I only need one.

Hopefully, I can get it a la carte down the road. But thanks for your insight.

#7165 Chris McMahon

Chris McMahon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Total War Battles: SHOGUN

Steam 75% off $1.24

Amazon 0% off $7.99

No price match from Amazon?

Edit: The forum is screwing with the second link. Here it is - www.amazon.com/dp/B009EAOGPW

Edited by Chris McMahon, 25 November 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#7166 ChelseaGrinK

ChelseaGrinK

CAG Observer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Looks like Heroes V is on sale as well http://www.amazon.co...824162&sr=1-244 along with the expansions; here's waiting for VI to go on sale maybe in Jan???

Cam anyone tell if this activates on steam? If so it's a insta buy for me :D

#7167 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Cam anyone tell if this activates on steam? If so it's a insta buy for me :D

mine did not - I should've mentioned it in the original post...

#7168 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Ubisoft games don't activate on Steam, with the only exceptions being their small, XBLAish titles (stuff that debuts in the 10-20 dollar range), and Dark Messiah.

#7169 valenor the bored

valenor the bored

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

I can't go to sleep because I'm torn between getting the fear pack or waiting for it to to go on sale again later.

Damn you, Tony >_>

#7170 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

You guys don't have to wait for Tony for a Price Match; each item page on Amazon has a "Let us know of a cheaper price" button. Use that to point to STEAM's store page of the same item.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/