Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#721 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Really? I certainly had no luck doing so.

Open a support ticket and send them this:

Please remove my Subscription to _______ game pursuant to the Steam Subscription Agreement.

13. TERM AND TERMINATION

Either you or Valve has the right to terminate or cancel your Account or a particular Subscription at any time. You understand and agree that the cancellation of your Account or a particular Subscription is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with Valve.
http://store.steampo...iber_agreement/

I understand that I will need to acquire a new activation code and/or repurchase the game if I want to have it back in my Steam Library.

Easy.

#722 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Bad Rats purgists rejoice!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#723 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Someone (I think on reddit) said that Tony's scared to match the THQ sale because of that 25% coupon floating around.

#724 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Back in January, Tony had no problem matching a steam sale for Medal Of Honor @ $5. At the time, there were $5 off coupons that could be used on MoH. So people were able to get the game for free.

On the subject of the 25% coupon though, does anybody know if there was a deadline for when it expires?

#725 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Sorry guys, I'm out of town again (last vacation before holiday) I'll toss an email out on the price matching now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#726 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Saints Row 3 75% off... stackable with promo code~

Back in January, Tony had no problem matching a steam sale for Medal Of Honor @ $5. At the time, there were $5 off coupons that could be used on MoH. So people were able to get the game for free.

On the subject of the 25% coupon though, does anybody know if there was a deadline for when it expires?

No deadline but he said it's a test thing and can be pulled at any time.

#727 equalsP

equalsP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Tony X-Com has a $15 credit when you pre-order the PS3 and 360 version on Amazon. Any chance we can get this with the PCDD?

#728 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Saints Row 3 75% off... stackable with promo code~

No deadline but he said it's a test thing and can be pulled at any time.

Are you sure Saints Row 3 is supposed to be 75% off? I see here that they are planning 66% off:

http://www.thq.com/u...am_weekend_sale

So a 25% off code would make it $9.89. A good deal, close to Amazon's previous $10 deal. BUT GMG did once offer it for $7.50 on September 11, after their 25% off code: http://slickdeals.ne...igital-download

Additionally, Homefront was already $4 on GMG recently (75% off + 20% off code) and I cannot remember the lowest Metro got during GMG code stacking but it was pretty cheap, so while a price match would be welcome it's not unprecedented for these titles to be discounted below $5.

Stacking the 25% and price matching Steam would bring Amazon's sale in line with what GMG has done.

Just in case Tony is getting any pushback internally or with THQ ;)

#729 247

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

So when can we see a $10 Skryim TRU pricematch?

#730 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Are you sure Saints Row 3 is supposed to be 75% off?

I was joking/wishful thinking. :lol:

#731 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

Are you supposed to be able to activate Mercenaries 2 on Origin? Punjab told me my key was invalid.

#732 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Are you supposed to be able to activate Mercenaries 2 on Origin? Punjab told me my key was invalid.

It can't be activated using the Origin client, you've gotta use this link:

https://activate.ea....activategame.do

#733 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Open a support ticket and send them this:

[snipped]

Interesting. I didn't cite anything, but I did ask for a game to be removed (due to getting a refund from Amazon) and was told no need by Steam support.

#734 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Are you sure Saints Row 3 is supposed to be 75% off? I see here that they are planning 66% off:

http://www.thq.com/u...am_weekend_sale

So a 25% off code would make it $9.89.

I'd be okay with Saints row the third at 9.89. I missed all the good sales on it.
Posted Image

#735 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hey gang, probably a dumb question but will Amazon probably have some awesome digital sales during black friday and cyber monday?

#736 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

To the one who wants to uninstall batman ac: Why?
Buy this hard drive
http://www.storagene...series-pcie-ssd
Spoiler

You Don't Know Jack on sale on Steam for 9.99. woohoo , i'm broke lol
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#737 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Tony X-Com has a $15 credit when you pre-order the PS3 and 360 version on Amazon. Any chance we can get this with the PCDD?

come on, it's already $15 less than the regular PC version + it includes Civ V
Posted Image

#738 xamon

xamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

hey tony(or anyone actually)
does Fear 2 include the dlc?

#739 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

I would love to get that $15 credit since I already have Civ V :lol: I haven't made the purchase yet because of that and also it's only $5 off the list price.

#740 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

I would love to get that $15 credit since I already have Civ V :lol: I haven't made the purchase yet because of that and also it's only $5 off the list price.

A user on these forums sells a Steam tradeable copy that comes with all the extras for $35, his name is JakeNome. I've bought from him a few times and other CAG's have as well with no problems at all.

#741 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

A user on these forums sells a Steam tradeable copy that comes with all the extras for $35, his name is JakeNome. I've bought from him a few times and other CAG's have as well with no problems at all.

I could sell my tradeable copy for $35 as well, anyone interested just PM me.

#742 arsenhazzard

arsenhazzard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.

#743 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

It can't be activated using the Origin client, you've gotta use this link:

https://activate.ea....activategame.do

Wait, so are all the titles in this bundle activateable on Origin though this method without having to harass customer service? I may have to get it if so.

#744 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Wait, so are all the titles in this bundle activateable on Origin though this method without having to harass customer service? I may have to get it if so.

The only one from the bundle that you need to use that link to activate it on Origin is Mercenaries 2. All the rest can be activated in the client.

#745 equalsP

equalsP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

That works. I haven't ever thought of selling it. I just assumed no one would want to buy it over $10. I'll try that and if I happen to get the $15+ credit too, oh happy day.

#746 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

For those wondering how/why people are selling XCOM so cheap, it's ~$19 from the Steam store in Russia and the game has no region restrictions. Users there buy it from Steam and resell it for $28-30 to make a quick profit.

True but although it is not region locked, it is still tagged (RU or something else) because the Sub ID is different. There is also another "locked" version of the game that was sold/will be sold at one point

Region Free: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16558

Locked: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16583

It is too risky

fs_pc.png

#747 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

May I kindly request a PM on Spec Ops, Darkness II, and Civ 5 for $7.49 from gamefly.com.

#748 arsenhazzard

arsenhazzard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

True but although it is not region locked, it is still tagged (RU or something else) because the Sub ID is different. There is also another "locked" version of the game that was sold/will be sold at one point

Region Free: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16558

Locked: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16583

It is too risky

Yes, it'll say "XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) PrePurchase" as the first line in the description section. The locked version might be what Steam starts selling once the game is released, but the prepurchase will remain unlocked.

I do agree that it's slightly risky (and against the Steam TOS since you're bypassing regional pricing).

#749 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D

#750 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Yes, it'll say "XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) PrePurchase" as the first line in the description section. The locked version might be what Steam starts selling once the game is released, but the prepurchase will remain unlocked.

I do agree that it's slightly risky (and against the Steam TOS since you're bypassing regional pricing).

Thanks for clarification. Steam is so complicated when it comes to region restrictions so I always stick with (ROW : Rest Of World) or untagged games in trading or buy from my own store

Yeah I'd love to see a price match on Spec Ops: The Line. For $7.49 I'm definitely not going to pass it up this time, but I'd rather give Amazon my money if possible. :D

:hot:

fs_pc.png