Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#7471 rslater

rslater

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Also would like to thank Tony. Spent more at Amazon than Steam. Hope you're not like me in that I get the desire to tip over the desk when I run across computer situations like that.

#7472 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

ALL Internals?

Yep. All 7200 RPM. 2 Hitachi's, 2 Seagates (they are faster). That's not counting my boot drive or scrap drive. I figure by the time I build my next system, SSD's will be large/cheap enough to use those, and then make this system a network backup of that systems drives. My AMD A8-3870K / Radeon HD 6550D DirectX 11 (APU) doesn't choke on much of anything. So it will last quite awhile (awesome at emulating as well). The entire system cost me less than $400.

It's completely sealed air tight with 4 90 CFM fans as output (top rear. bottom rear, 2 top vent), with a heavy duty automobile intake filter mounted to the front bottom, right in front of the hard drives. I added an aftermarket CoolerMaster GeminII S524 to cool the CPU and it hangs over 8GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 to cool them as well. For a "budget build" it has left me breathless at moments. The hard drives never see above 80 Degrees Fahrenheit at full tilt. I overclocked the memory to 1800, GPU to 800, and can run the CPU stable at 4.5GHz. (Though at the moment I have everything back to "factory specs" cause I was hard crashing randomly and had to troubleshoot. Turned out to be a failing hard drive (old 500GB Hitachi).

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7473 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

am i the only one with 4 2tb drives? (8 tb total)?

250 GB SSD
3 TB HDD
3 TB HDD usb 3.0
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#7474 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Am I the only one with 4 2TB drives? (8 TB total)?

I have 7 2TB HDD in RAID5 for my movies (have 0.9TB free), 2 500GB HDD in RAID 1 for my data (doc, pics, etc.)...but only 1TB in my desktop for gaming.

Oh, and I have 13 1TB HDD that are my backups.

#7475 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Also would like to thank Tony. Spent more at Amazon than Steam. Hope you're not like me in that I get the desire to tip over the desk when I run across computer situations like that.

It happened at 2:00am. I got complaints from the neighbors this morning. Definitely yelled,might havw broken this stupid paper standing lamp I've been meaning to throw away forever. Paddy was barking at me, I had a piece of Thanksgiving pie, broke the stupid lamp again and went to sleep.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#7476 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

I have 7 2TB HDD in RAID5 for my movies (have 0.9TB free), 2 500GB HDD in RAID 1 for my data (doc, pics, etc.)...but only 1TB in my desktop for gaming.

Oh, and I have 13 1TB HDD that are my backups.

Holy Shit. I just bought 2x 3TB internals to add to my 2x 2TB drives that I already have installed for a total of 10TB of storage space. But I'm a frickin' piker compared to you. lol

#7477 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

It happened at 2:00am. I got complaints from the neighbors this morning. Definitely yelled,might havw broken this stupid paper standing lamp I've been meaning to throw away forever. Paddy was barking at me, I had a piece of Thanksgiving pie, broke the stupid lamp again and went to sleep.

Cheers,
Tony

:lol:

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7478 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Holy Shit. I just bought 2x 3TB internals to add to my 2x 2TB drives that I already have installed for a total of 10TB of storage space. But I'm a frickin' piker compared to you. lol

HTPC + BD.iso = LOTS of storage needed

I can only hope my PC gaming collection in no way approaches my movie collection because there is NO WAY I can afford that much storage. It is kind of shocking to see the size of some of these game downloads, however. I still remember when I got Dragon's Lair for my Amiga 2000 and it was on like 6 or 8 3.5" floppy disks and I was like "damn, this game is HUGE!".

#7479 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Cheers,
Tony

LOL, sounds like a rough night Tony!

#7480 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

I use 2 wireless xbox controllers to play nba 2k13 no prob. If you wireless you can do 4 controllers on one dongle. If its wired just plug em in and go.

So you have a receiver-thing? I've just been using a wired 360 controller but I have a wireless lying around somewhere

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#7481 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Tony I just want to let you know I didn't spend a dime on Steam and bought all of my games on Amazon. :)

#7482 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Subscribing to the sentiment, another wonderful sale Tony, congratulations.

#7483 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

Tony I just want to let you know I didn't spend a dime on Steam and bought all of my games on Amazon. :)

Same here :D

#7484 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Tony, any possibility of matching Steam's price for the Kung-Fu Strike DLC? I'll be getting it either way but I'd rather get it from Amazon.

#7485 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

That $5 credit is awesome!!

Well, at the last minutes I jumped on a Paradox package (I love the King Arthur series... already have the first one, so I added the 2nd one and some other stuff.) Then bought the Civ 5 pack for Babylon... Then bought Robin Hood - (Ugh, not what I thought it was... oh well. Maybe I will enjoy it at some point.)

Strongly toyed about getting the Nancy Drew's... but I am going to hold off for a collection price... hint... hint...

Great great job!!!

#7486 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

On hard drive talk, I have a 10 TB NAS, but I build lots of VMs.

My new gaming rig will only have a 256 GB SSD. Just only installing what I am playing.

Tony, another great sale. Looking forward to what you have cooking next.

#7487 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

So you have a receiver-thing? I've just been using a wired 360 controller but I have a wireless lying around somewhere

Yep its called a dongle, you only need one for up to 4 controllers. I rotate the controllers between my xbox and cpu. Only prob is if they are hooked up to the xbox i need to power them on, turn off the xbox and then put the controller on pairing mode.

Edited by lwhitit, 27 November 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#7488 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Tony,

I see Amazon has discounted Warlock 75% off; any chance we can get the same discount on its DLC:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009ETPKFS/
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B007ZU5GWA/
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009CCXYSM/ -- Note the page is incorrect for this, it's displaying the base game and its description not the DLC and its description (which is $3 as opposed to the $20 the base game is)

This.

MARS

#7489 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

any thoughts on KOA as it is in the number 2 spot right now in digital games. any chance of seeing same bundle with the weapons DLC?

since this game is EA, requires Origin

#7490 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

So I entered my purchase key on steam for Borderlands 2 and its a 5 Gig Download, yet on the Borderlands 2 page on Amazon it says like 13GB. Weird. Anyone know why?
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#7491 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Yep its called a dongle, you only need one for up to 4 controllers. I rotate the controllers between my xbox and cpu. Only prob is if they are hooked up to the xbox i need to power them on, turn off the xbox and then put the controller on pairing mode.

Dongle butt...heehee

What's the one that you use? Third-party or MS'? or did you buy a 360 Controller for Windows and it came with one?

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#7492 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

any thoughts on KOA as it is in the number 2 spot right now in digital games. any chance of seeing same bundle with the weapons DLC?

since this game is EA, requires Origin

We chatted about this several weeks ago (actually, I had the same question about the weapons DLC which Amazon doesn't offer). IIRC, someone mentioned that the weapons DLC had a low chance of being released on Amazon at this point because the studio behind the game is effectively dead. I felt better about it not being in the Amazon KoA bundle when some CAGs said the weapons pack really didn't add much to the game. Further, it was mentioned that the two other DLCs were much more important (and part of the pack sold on Amazon).

TL;DR: There's little chance of Amazon offering the Weapons pack DLC. It doesn't add much anyway, and the Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel are substantial enough. Buy it anyway :)

#7493 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

We chatted about this several weeks ago (actually, I had the same question about the weapons DLC which Amazon doesn't offer). IIRC, someone mentioned that the weapons DLC had a low chance of being released on Amazon at this point because the studio behind the game is effectively dead. I felt better about it not being in the Amazon KoA bundle when some CAGs said the weapons pack really didn't add much to the game. Further, it was mentioned that the two other DLCs were much more important (and part of the pack sold on Amazon).

TL;DR: There's little chance of Amazon offering the Weapons pack DLC. It doesn't add much anyway, and the Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel are substantial enough. Buy it anyway :)

Thank you for the explanation. Seems like a great deal, Origin not withstanding.

#7494 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Ditto. Great sale. Barring any last minute purchases, I limited my spending since I am crazy busy until Christmas anyways. I had a very hard time holding off on XCom and BL2, but I am staying strong.

So awesome to see Amazon killing it in this market. Competition is a great thing for a CAG.

#7495 reyhantyo

reyhantyo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

does anyone know how many hours left for me to buy civ 5 goty for 12,49$ ?

#7496 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

If the deals end 11/27, then 3 hours

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7497 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

does anyone know how many hours left for me to buy civ 5 goty for 12,49$ ?

13 hours.

EDIT: Sorry, thought this was the Steam thread. I don' gone to the wrong neighborhood.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7498 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but does anyone know why my software/video games credit is displaying $19.98? I think I have only purchased 1 qualifying game for the $5 credit. Just wondering what is up with that and if it's a glitch or real for future use.

#7499 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but does anyone know why my software/video games credit is displaying $19.98? I think I have only purchased 1 qualifying game for the $5 credit. Just wondering what is up with that and if it's a glitch or real for future use.

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards 25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins.

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack.

I don't think the $5 ones are currently showing up in that total.

#7500 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards 25 Runescape Squeel of Fortune Spins.

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $9.99 promotional credit, good towards the Stronghold Kingdoms Mighty Castle Pack.

I don't think the $5 ones are currently showing up in that total.

Okay, that makes more sense. My email thought Amazon was spamming me so I didn't see those emails at first (after having made 2 purchases now and getting 6 emails about promo credits).

Thanks.