Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8011 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. Good to see you're on the case -- would love to see some DLC bundles at the end of December if possible.

#8012 Patch517

Patch517

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

So I'm just gonna go ahead and assume Arkham City Goty is dead in the water at this point.

#8013 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

So I'm just gonna go ahead and assume Arkham City Goty is dead in the water at this point.

Negative, it'll be up this week or next and I have it suggested as part of our Holiday Promo.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8014 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hey Tony,

I bought Race 07 from Amazon during the BF Week. Based on the two angry reviews, my bet was that it activated on Steam and it certainly did. However, it's still not mentioned anywhere on the page:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008BLPHBM/

I can confirm that the download from Amazon is only the Steam key, so Steam is required.

Also, STCC also from Layernet is listed as a seperate game on Amazon and no mention of Steam anywhere:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008BLPJ56/

but on Steam it's listed as an add-on that requires Race 07:

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/8690/

I didn't buy STCC, but I bet your download is also just a Steam key and if so you might get another couple of angry customers trying to activate on Steam but not having Race 07. I'd suggest a check with your back office on those two titles (or maybe revise the whole Layernet catalog).

AFAIK the Race games all require Steam no matter where you get them from. I know for a fact 07 does and pretty sure STCC does too because GMG notes it as being Steam required.

Honestly, for older already existing game entries to get Amazon to put the DRM in correctly I think is an uphill battle that probably is not going to happen.

I think we just have to accept that Amazon now (I hope) recognizes the need that gamers must know the DRM and/or client (and also want to be informed if there isn't any) to make a purchase and hopefully will be entering that information in going forward.

For the older and existing pages I think the best thing to do is like you said check the reviews and see if anyone is bitching about it requiring Steam. That's what I do.

#8015 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Bought hell yeah but didn't get a promo credit email hrmmmmmm

#8016 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Same here, thought it was just me.

#8017 Patch517

Patch517

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Negative, it'll be up this week or next and I have it suggested as part of our Holiday Promo.

Cheers,
Tony

Nice, thanks!

#8018 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Same here. I ordered the DLC as well.

Edited by Palinn, 04 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#8019 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Bought Sine Mora and didn't get any credit email either.

#8020 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hear that? Sounds like Paddington laughing to the bank!

#8021 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

AFAIK the Race games all require Steam no matter where you get them from. I know for a fact 07 does and pretty sure STCC does too because GMG notes it as being Steam required.

Honestly, for older already existing game entries to get Amazon to put the DRM in correctly I think is an uphill battle that probably is not going to happen.

I think we just have to accept that Amazon now (I hope) recognizes the need that gamers must know the DRM and/or client (and also want to be informed if there isn't any) to make a purchase and hopefully will be entering that information in going forward.

For the older and existing pages I think the best thing to do is like you said check the reviews and see if anyone is bitching about it requiring Steam. That's what I do.

Well, I know Amazon is not 100% up to date with the DRM info, but in the case of STCC, if it flat out requires Race 07 then it should be noted.

Get some grad student or something to update all this crap. Hell, hire me, get me a VPN and I'll do it ;-)

Seriously, I worked 10 years in purchasing for one of the largest computer distributors and part of my responsibility was making sure that the product info was correct, especially when visible to end users on the web. I guess it's an occupational hazard that it sticks out like a sore thumb to me :-)

#8022 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Garbanzo for Tony's executive assistant!

Posted Image

#8023 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Wait... you guys aren't getting promo credits? On anything other than Hell Yeah?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8024 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Wait... you guys aren't getting promo credits? On anything other than Hell Yeah?

Cheers,
Tony

Is there some way for us to check whether the promo codes are being applied? (Other than counting how many of the relevant emails we have received, that is.)

#8025 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Hell Yeah is the only thing I've purchased today, so I can't say for sure. I bought the Dreamcast pack and the Genesis bundle yesterday and got credit emails for both of those.

Please tell Paddington to stop stealing our credits!

#8026 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hell Yeah is the only thing I've purchased today, so I can't say for sure. I bought the Dreamcast pack and the Genesis bundle yesterday and got credit emails for both of those.

Paddington isn't stealing credits lol :). I've got a pretty sweet red exclamation point email ready to roll.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8027 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I received my promo credit.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#8028 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Wait, didn't you originally buy the non-Steam version then complained when the Steam version came out, got a refund and got the Steam version? Now you are complaining about that?

Nope, bought a non-Steam version of Condemned thinking Amazon simply didn't carry the Steam version, then the Steam version popped up.

I just sent CS an email asking if it would be possible to exchange it (since I never pushed the "show key" button and whatnot), expecting them just to say yes or no. Instead the guy says "No, but I refunded your purchase and removed the game from your account."

Bit of a language barrier there. >_>

If all else fails I can live with 1280x720, which by the way is 16:9 (aka widescreen) the same aspect ratio as 1920x1080. Hell there's some adventure games I play in 640x480. It's somewhat to be expected with some older games. You can always do a stretch to fit full screen option in your video card settings.

And I wish that were true, but apparently the Steam version is not true 1024x720 (and I meant 1024, not 1280). It's scaled 1024x720 from 640x480. I really am not sure what that means, but it equals really terrible picture quality that looks nothing like 1024x720.

It's explained better on the Sonic forum post that I linked. There's also an example picture there that is completely true to what it looks like in game.

The Dreamcast pack is still an awesome deal, just not if you're buying it mostly for SADX.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8029 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Same here...typically I get an email explaining the $5 promo credit after every DVG purchase...unfortunately there isn't an easy way to tell if we did get it. All the promo credits stack...like the 9.99 for the 25 Runescape Squeel of fortune credits I got....so you can only see a lump total...it isnt broken down individually.

#8030 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Garbanzo for Tony's executive assistant!

I could live with that :lol:

#8031 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hey, I'm suppose to be Tony's assistant! We both hate FL!

#8032 laneth

laneth

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Bought Hell Yeah & Dlc and Sine Mora, didn't get any promo credit email

#8033 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

What ever happened to the "adventure game" bundles like the Black Mirror/Gray Matter bundle (May and April of this year according to my purchase history), then there was talk of the Nancy Drew games being bundled. I ask because I remember Tony saying that the publisher was actually impressed with the sales (enough that it was bundled twice as I recall). Any news on that front?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8034 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Lol, you can all be my assistant right now if you want to help out.

If you ordered something and didn't get a $5 promo email, please PM me your order ID so I can have the team look at it.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8035 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

If you ordered something and didn't get a $5 promo email, please PM me your order ID so I can have the team look at it.

Cheers,
Tony

PM'd you.

#8036 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

PM'd you.

Thanks bro, and Lincoln.

You all get "best assistant" mugs.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8037 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

#8038 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hey, I'm suppose to be Tony's assistant! We both hate FL!

LOL, I hate Florida too, that's why I left.

#8039 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Cheers,
Tony

PM Sent

#8040 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

What ever happened to the "adventure game" bundles like the Black Mirror/Gray Matter bundle (May and April of this year according to my purchase history), then there was talk of the Nancy Drew games being bundled. I ask because I remember Tony saying that the publisher was actually impressed with the sales (enough that it was bundled twice as I recall). Any news on that front?

The same bundles were on sale again for BF week, but didn't see any new ones.