Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8071 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yes -- they can (and probably will) add some more stuff.

Yeah, last year Tony was still adding stuff to the list halfway through January. So there's still plenty of time.

Good thing too. I already have 7 promo credits and there's only 3 things on the current list that I don't already have & want to buy.

#8072 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000728511

Thanks. Still the same so far it seems.

Suppose it's possible but since the game 'flopped' and is already at 75% off it would surprise me. The two existing DLC seem pretty lackluster as it is with one being just a pack of cosmetic items and the other being time trial/challenges.

Yeah, I liked the demo, but I'd rather buy it all together for like $5 or so. I dunno if t being discounted so early means much these days. I mean, what game isn't doing a 1-month later discount?

#8073 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I was fully against buying Hell Yeah, but the one of the worst reviews on it was from IGN (ooh, better listen to them) and their biggest/only complaint was that the controls were "floaty" and that the sprawling maps were boring. Then I heard someone comment on how tight the controls were. Makes sense.

I'm scrounging for cheap games to get more coupons, so I figured it was worth a shot. Seems to be a lot of goodies and customization to the game, and that's a fetish of mine...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8074 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Are we actually supposed to be able to see the credits somewhere? Or are they only going t show up/apply in January.
I checked the link, but last I remember some people could see their credits and others not... do I have that wrong?
I have a few emails from Amazon saying I will have credits, but I currently have $0.00 in all the balance boxes.

Some of us are in the same boat. For some people it seems to be showing in their account now, for others not. Tony assured us the credit would all be sorted through by January so nothing to do but wait and see.

I know I got some promo email notifications, but nothing about any free to play bonus credit. But I believe I had already DLed and connected my account for Stronghold Kingdoms and something else so that may explain that one.

I played the PSN demo for Hell Yeah. Didn't really like it. Levels did feel sprawling and controls did feel floaty. It wasn't bad enough for me to stop playing, but there was very little in it that drew me in. So I'll probably be passing. Already have enough platformers between all these indie bundles.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8075 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Has anyone played the F2P game Fiesta? Any thoughts?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8076 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hell Maybe!

#8077 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Well, the downfalls of Hell Yeah quickly become apparent. Either you play it with a KB/M, or you can't jump and aim/shoot at the same time.

Jump is mapped to the A button, aiming is the right stick. Do the math. For some strange reason certain controller buttons are changeable, but the jump button is not. The developer made a big mistake there. It's that problem alone that's fueling a lot of the negative reviews. If the jump button was mapped to the left trigger (like... 99 Levels to Hell), this wouldn't be an issue at all. Yet another reason instance of developers making games and not playing them. A control issue this game-breaking, obvious, and ridiculously easy to fix should have been corrected before the game was released.

Looks like it's time to figure out how JoyToKey works again...

bZ2g3eF.png

#8078 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Obviously the developer is a big proponent of the the ClawGrip ™.
Ring Finger: RT
Middle Finger: RB
Index Finger: A/B/X/Y
Thumb: Right Stick/R3

#8079 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ring Finger: RT
Middle Finger: RB
Index Finger: A/B/X/Y
Thumb: Right Stick/R3
Genitalia: Start/Select

Fixed that for you.

bZ2g3eF.png

#8080 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Fixed that for you.

Negative. That might work if you have dangly bits, need verification.

#8081 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

It's a very niche controller. Kind of like Hell Yeah is only for people with two thumbs on their right hand.

bZ2g3eF.png

#8082 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

It is very hard to use dangly bits to control any games that aren't for Kinect.

#8083 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hrmm, I tried M+K on the demo but it felt awkward. That said I find aiming with a console stick maddening.

#8084 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Ok, I haven't played the demo since the game released, but I didn't remember having a problem with the controls even though I do think I remember them being like you've all said. I just don't remember having to jump and shoot for some reason. I'll download it again and see, but either way, I still won't buy this until I see that they aren't releasing any more unannounced DLC.

Hell, I haven't even bought Sonic Generations yet because of this. I hate buying base games at one price only to see the complete version come out at the same price right after.

Edit: Ok, I played through again. I guess I forgot about the shooting since there was only one real opportunity to use it. I don't think the game is intended to have you shoot and jump at any time though. In the video that advertises the game after the demo the character is always in one place shooting. It didn't rely on shooting in the demo area so I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by 60fps, 05 December 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#8085 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Pretty much every review I've read brings the aim/jump point up as a massive issue. It's a really fast paced and difficult game as you progress from the looks of it, so while you can probably keep it simple in the demo, I doubt that stays the same...

#8086 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Got my promo credit email for hell yeah. Maybe it was just delayed or maybe tony pushed it through. Either way I have it now and paddington does not lol

#8087 PKB Mac

PKB Mac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

@ Tony,

Nevermind. Answered below.

Edited by srk-mac, 05 December 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#8088 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

@ Tony,

Any chance of a PM on Shoot Many Robots? $3.38 on Gamersgate.

http://www.gamersgat...oot-many-robots

Thanks in advance!

Hi you must be new. Amazon doesn't price match international sites.

#8089 PKB Mac

PKB Mac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hi you must be new. Amazon doesn't price match international sites.

Whoops. I am relatively new, and I was also completely unaware that gamersgate was an international site. Thanks for the clarification.

#8090 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Again, as apparently one of the few people who actually played Hell Yeah on PC to completion, I'll weigh in. One of the things about jumping in that game is that the wheel is basically also a jetpack, so the jump is pretty significant, allowing you a little time to switch over to the stick and fire off a few missles/bullets. Throughout the game, though, it's really not a necessary function. There are plenty of opportunities to sit in place and shoot at whatever monster you are killing as you see their patterns. I guess I didn't notice that oversight as much as some other people.
Posted Image

#8091 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

bought Hell Yeah, and the missions DLC and got 10 dollars in credits. Wow.
Ummm, Tony, I received 4 $5 promo codes after purchasing these. (should've just received 2)

Also, is there any chance that you can carry this http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28977 as a Steam code or even just drm free download?

Edited by sunasun, 05 December 2012 - 06:25 PM.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8092 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Got my promo credit email for hell yeah. Maybe it was just delayed or maybe tony pushed it through. Either way I have it now and paddington does not lol

Yeah, I got mine too.

#8093 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I wish the runscape bonus was still active. My son was digging the squeel stuff, so I was buying stuff with that in mind. This new bonus is a yawn!!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#8094 AutoXman

AutoXman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Again, as apparently one of the few people who actually played Hell Yeah on PC to completion, I'll weigh in. One of the things about jumping in that game is that the wheel is basically also a jetpack, so the jump is pretty significant, allowing you a little time to switch over to the stick and fire off a few missles/bullets. Throughout the game, though, it's really not a necessary function. There are plenty of opportunities to sit in place and shoot at whatever monster you are killing as you see their patterns. I guess I didn't notice that oversight as much as some other people.

This is how I feel 100%. Honestly never throughout the game was I wishing to aim and shoot in the air, I didn't even realize this "problem" until reading this thread. Whoops.

If you like platformers give it a shot guys, it's cheap enough, and I really enjoyed it. The presentation is excellent, and the music and everything about it is very high quality for the price we are paying.

#8095 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

bought Hell Yeah, and the missions DLC and got 10 dollars in credits. Wow.
Ummm, Tony, I received 4 $5 promo codes after purchasing these. (should've just received 2)

Sure 2 of them are not credits for Fiesta?

I also received mine from Sine Mora and I got some credit for Fiesta as well.

#8096 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Got my promo code for Sine Mora and Hell Yeah. Thanks Tony!

#8097 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Might have happened yesterday and I missed it but Serious Sam stuff is now 75% for the Steam Big Picture sale and Amazon has matched. Still going to hold off until the Winter Sale as it'll be the same price again and maybe Tony has some special promotion up his sleeve~

#8098 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sure 2 of them are not credits for Fiesta?

I also received mine from Sine Mora and I got some credit for Fiesta as well.

didn't buy fiesta.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8099 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if not, our friends at slickdeals noticed that Far Cry 2 is selling for $2.50 with eligibility for the $5 January promo code

www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-2-Fortunes-Download/dp/B002WC80M4/

#8100 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

didn't buy fiesta.

Of course you didn't. It's a F2P game.