Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8101 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Tony, is there a way to separate credits for the fiesta game and Software/Video Game downloads?
the credits page just lumps both of them together, it's confusing

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#8102 hatefish

hatefish

Oh, it seems i can change this.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if not, our friends at slickdeals noticed that Far Cry 2 is selling for $2.50 with eligibility for the $5 January promo code

www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-2-Fortunes-Download/dp/B002WC80M4/

What is the DRM on Far Cry 2?

#8103 pieczonka

pieczonka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Tony gamestop has hitman for 29.99 reg and 39.99 deluxe are you going to price match?

#8104 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Is Battle for Graxia going to be coming back to Amazon Connect? :)
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#8105 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Ok, Seraphym just bought the Sega Genesis bundle and got Sonic 3D Blast with it. So, if you buy it now the key for the first pack should activate Sonic 3D Blast. I'm guessing early purchasers are the only ones that didn't get it.

#8106 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Ok, Seraphym just bought the Sega Genesis bundle and got Sonic 3D Blast with it. So, if you buy it now the key for the first pack should activate Sonic 3D Blast. I'm guessing early purchasers are the only ones that didn't get it.

I just activated my purchase from yesterday (maybe late morning/early afternoon) and I got Sonic 3D Blast as well.

#8107 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

:cry:

#8108 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I saw this in my rss feed and figured Id share it:

Amazon offers a $5 off $25 Amazon credit for free when you answer a question and post it to your Facebook page. (The credit will then be applied automatically to your Amazon account.) That's tied with our mention from two weeks ago as the largest such credit we've seen from Amazon. Limit one per person. Credit expires December 9.

http://dealnews.com/...,644283,2500660
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#8109 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

What is the DRM on Far Cry 2?

I would assume Tages. At least my GG copy was...

#8110 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

The one on Steam actually had SecuRom once upon a time.

#8111 yaynick

yaynick

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I wish the runscape bonus was still active. My son was digging the squeel stuff, so I was buying stuff with that in mind. This new bonus is a yawn!!

If the promotion is tied to the link they send you, you can have mine. Pretty sure it's tied to the Amazon account though. Don't know how the spins work in Runescape, but I can create a dummy account with the spins and give it to you if you want. Or if you have an extra (empty) account, I could credit them there.

#8112 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Got a question that might be answered: Will all of these $5 promotion coupons stack?

#8113 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Got a question that might be answered: Will all of these $5 promotion coupons stack?

They don't stack.

#8114 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

One per purchase. Can't get a $10 game free.

#8115 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I would assume Tages. At least my GG copy was...

Possibly DRM free on Far Cry 2. I got it early this year as part of a buy one for $5 and get one Ubisoft sale, all DRM-free. They may now be distributing a different version now, but I can download a DRM-free one from my account.

#8116 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Tony gamestop has hitman for 29.99 reg and 39.99 deluxe are you going to price match?

We'll have the same or a better deal starting on Sunday. I'm pushing for better and will have more info soon.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8117 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

We'll have the same or a better deal starting on Sunday. I'm pushing for better and will have more info soon.

Cheers,
Tony

{Eyes wide open}

If we do buy Hitman: Absolution, any idea if there be a $5 credit gained for next year's BSO?

#8118 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

{Eyes wide open}

If we do buy Hitman: Absolution, any idea if there be a $5 credit gained for next year's BSO?

i would imagine it would..everything has so far

#8119 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Torn on Far Cry 2. The reviews on Amazon make it sound HORRIBLE, yet it's got a relatively good Metacritic score (85) while the user score is much lower (5.5).

Any thoughts on it here?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8120 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Torn on Far Cry 2. The reviews on Amazon make it sound HORRIBLE, yet it's got a relatively good Metacritic score (85) while the user score is much lower (5.5).

Any thoughts on it here?

Far Cry 2 suffers from AC1 syndrome - main quest stuff's good; meanwhile a lot of the side quests are copy & paste and repetitive.

While I did like it, I was disappointed w/ it overall. Didn't live up to the hype.

#8121 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Far Cry 2 suffers from AC1 syndrome - main quest stuff's good; meanwhile a lot of the side quests are copy & paste and repetitive.

While I did like it, I was disappointed w/ it overall. Didn't live up to the hype.

But what did you pay for it? For $2.50 + $5 coupon code...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8122 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Any thoughts on it here?

From the steam thread:

RE: Far Cry 2

Chalk me up as another who didn't like it. I knew I should have liked it. I know I wanted to like it. For some reason I just didn't. I gave it multiple attempts over periods of time and just couldn't settle into it. I don't know if it was the locale, the traveling or what. I wouldn't call it bad by any means. It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth, if anything it was like water and left no taste at all. Though Far Cry 3's gameplay does have me intrigued enough to keep an eye out for it possibly this time next year.

Yet I did just re-get it from GG when they had it on sale to give it one last shot hoping maybe my tastes have changed. Though I don't have high hopes. Maybe I'm justnot that into that open of a world shooter.

#8123 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

But what did you pay for it?

It was not too long after release, around one of their BF sales in 2008.
$17.50 from Amazon (Retail), if I recall.

For $2.50 + $5 coupon code...

Oh, it's surely worth that!

#8124 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Don't waste your money on FC2. The best part of the game was the setting and graphics. Having to deal with respawning outposts was beyond annoying (think clearing an out post of like 15 guys, drive down the road for 15 seconds and turn around go back and outpost has all the guys back again). Not to mention you get malaria for damn near anything and guns jam way to frequently.

Save the few bucks and put it towards Far Cry 3

#8125 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Let's see what I've learned from the last couple of pages. People like Hell Yeah even though metacritic professionals didn't. People didn't like Far Cry 2 even though metacritic did.

Sounds about right.

#8126 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Let's see what I've learned from the last couple of pages. People like Hell Yeah even though metacritic professionals didn't. People didn't like Far Cry 2 even though metacritic did.

Sounds about right.

You know what they say about accounting for taste. I recently read a post complaining that Far Cry 3 took away what was good and unique about the masterpiece that was Far Cry 2.

#8127 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Sounds about right.

Don't get me wrong, I liked FC2...
...I just didn't love the game.
It was just DISAPPOINTING and overhyped - just like AC1.

I'm really looking forward to FC3, though...once it price-drops enough to suit me, of course....

#8128 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

You know what they say about accounting for taste. I recently read a post complaining that Far Cry 3 took away what was good and unique about the masterpiece that was Far Cry 2.

I don't know what was so good and unique about FC2.
It certainly wasn't the story; and it certainly wasn't copy & pasted side quests.
The performance on my (then) PC, bugs, and broken quests were crappy before Patch 1.01 dropped.

White Gold was better than FC2, IMHO.

#8129 Devasive

Devasive

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

I didn't get 3D Blast with my purchase. =/

#8130 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Looks like these two mods pretty much make Far Cry 2 both playable and amazing looking:

http://www.moddb.com...y-2-realism-mod - Tweaks

http://www.moddb.com...ancement-config - Graphics

bZ2g3eF.png