Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8191 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

>.< More games I already own. I think I picked up AP (DRM-FREE) for $4 on GG earlier this year.

I bought it around release for $30 or so at Retail from Best Buy.

#8192 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Tony,

Are there any chances for Tomb Raider bundle, and or carrying the extra tomb raider games that just got released on steam? I know you have done Square deals before so just wondering. Might be in best interest too for Square, since their new Tomb Raider game is coming out in March, so nice hype and exposure for the series!

Thanks!
PC master race.

#8193 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Any chance that Far Cry 2 will go back on sale? I completely missed it yesterday.

You can get 1+2 bundled for $6.25 from GGG. Not as cheap as Amazon's price for the single games but better than full price.

#8194 joshuatly

joshuatly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just curious, does the $5 amazon promo stack on January? Or only can get $5 off each 2012 Editor's Choice game?

#8195 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Just curious, does the $5 amazon promo stack on January? Or only can get $5 off each 2012 Editor's Choice game?

They don't stack.

This seriously needs to be in the OP or something. It's starting to get asked more than if EA games activate on Steam and that's saying something.

#8196 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Man I am hot under the collar. Just finished downloading Crysis 2 and found out I had to activate it on Origin! WTH, why won't it work on Steam?

lol

#8197 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

They don't stack.

This seriously needs to be in the OP or something. It's starting to get asked more than if EA games activate on Steam and that's saying something.

Do the 5 dollar credits activate on steam? Can I use more than one and add it to my steam wallet to stack so that I can get free games from Origin?

#8198 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

There's a review for Hotline Miami where some German (who by the way aren't supposed to be buying from Amazon DD anyway) got all Frau Farbinssina and called it scheisse because it requires Steam.

Posted Image

#8199 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

There's a review for Hotline Miami where some German (who buy the way aren't supposed to be buying from Amazon DD anyway) got all Frau Farbinssina and called it scheisse because it requires Steam.

The nitwit shoulda bought it on GoG then.

#8200 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

There's a review for Hotline Miami where some German (who by the way aren't supposed to be buying from Amazon DD anyway) got all Frau Farbinssina and called it scheisse because it requires Steam.

Germans who live in America aren't allowed to buy from Amazon? o_O Wow, it's kinda ironic that Amazon are being such nazis. How far does Amazon's policy extend on this? Are Japanese people in America allowed to use Amazon? Black people? :bouncy:

Perhaps Tony could update the OP with a list of Amazon's discriminations. :applause:

And why aren't more people discussing the fact that Amazon have matched Steam's $5 Hotline Miami offer? Buy buy buy!
Spoiler

#8201 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

There's no reason to buy Hotline Miami right now unless you absolutely MUST play it right now. It's eligible for the $5 promotion in January, so even if it has no sale, it will still be $5 after a coupon.

If it DOES go on sale, even a minor sale, it will be under $5 obviously, and if it hits 50% off again, it will be free. Hence, wait!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8202 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Germans who live in America aren't allowed to buy from Amazon? o_O Wow, it's kinda ironic that Amazon are being such nazis. How far does Amazon's policy extend on this? Are Japanese people in America allowed to use Amazon? Black people? :bouncy:

Perhaps Tony could update the OP with a list of Amazon's discriminations. :applause:

And why aren't more people discussing the fact that Amazon have matched Steam's $5 Hotline Miami offer? Buy buy buy!

Spoiler

I think Tony is a wee bit busy.

It's not Amazon's fault. Complying with German laws is a good bit of extra work. Obviously Amazon made a business decision not to dedicate resources to that yet.

#8203 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

I don't think ANY store checks your nationality before you buy, do they? They might check what region you're in, but that's slightly different...

#8204 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Amazon checks billing address and shipping address for tax purposes.

Sales Tax Requirements

#8205 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

I don't think ANY store checks your nationality before you buy, do they? They might check what region you're in, but that's slightly different...

I don't imagine there will be a ton of people who are residing in the US writing a review for a US based store in German.

Anyway it's no big secret that a bunch of Europeans routinely use fake addresses to buy games from Amazon US DD. It's all over RPS and a bunch of other sites where people freely admit to doing it and advise others to do the same.

It was an assumption on my part yes but a likely assumption. I'm sorry if that seems to bother you.

#8206 argyle

argyle

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Tony, any chance we'll see a sale on XCOM before Christmas? I've decided it will make the perfect gift for a friend of mine, assuming I can get it at the right price. :)
Posted Image

#8207 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

I don't imagine there will be a ton of people who are residing in the US writing a review for a US based store in German.

Anyway it's no big secret that a bunch of Europeans routinely use fake addresses to buy games from Amazon US DD. It's all over RPS and a bunch of other sites where people freely admit to doing it and advise others to do the same.

It was an assumption on my part yes but a likely assumption. I'm sorry if that seems to bother you.

You do seem to be going out of your way to make up things over which to attack that nitwit ('their first language is German. They MUST be in Germany! They should not use Amazon!'; 'I can't imagine someone in the US writing a review in German!'; 'Other people use fake addresses on Amazon. THIS PERSON MUST BE DOING THAT TOO!').

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to judge them based on the facts? Can't we tease them about complaining that a game download comes as a Steam key (and to be fair, Amazon don't actually advertise that fact).

Then again, this is the Internet. What better place for stereotypes and baseless attacks? ;)

#8208 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.

#8209 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

If you got Spec Ops: The Line for cheap recently, I hope you're playing it.

Dat. Story. :O
Posted Image

#8210 InsertUserNameHere

InsertUserNameHere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Tony,
Is Amazon getting this?
http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3990

Alice: Madness Returns – The Complete Collection includes:
Alice: Madness Returns
Original 2000 PC Game American McGee’s Alice
Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack

#8211 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

You do seem to be going out of your way to make up things over which to attack that nitwit ('their first language is German. They MUST be in Germany! They should not use Amazon!'; 'I can't imagine someone in the US writing a review in German!'; 'Other people use fake addresses on Amazon. THIS PERSON MUST BE DOING THAT TOO!').

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to judge them based on the facts? Can't we tease them about complaining that a game download comes as a Steam key (and to be fair, Amazon don't actually advertise that fact).

Then again, this is the Internet. What better place for stereotypes and baseless attacks? ;)

Guys, I don't know if I'm just tired, but the debate going down here is striking me as tremendously dumb.

#8212 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Its funny because Motoki already apologized for it. Anyway that German review did give me a laugh

Let this subject end there.
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#8213 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.

Maybe Amazon plans to have a better price in the future. What I don't get is why Sine Mora was in the casual section. I was fortunate to scroll down low enough to see it on the page.

#8214 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

here's a vote for this as well.

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#8215 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Tony,
Is Amazon getting this?
http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3990

Alice: Madness Returns – The Complete Collection includes:
Alice: Madness Returns
Original 2000 PC Game American McGee’s Alice
Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack

Wow, that's the first time I've seen a pack like that other than the Origin deal ages ago. The Weapon/Dress DLC comes with the game anyway, you just need to edit the config file to unlock it.. but the remastered version of the original game was impossible to get after the Origin deal ended.

#8216 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

It's not Amazon's fault. Complying with German laws is a good bit of extra work. Obviously Amazon made a business decision not to dedicate resources to that yet.

Guess what the (only?) other country/region serviced by Amazon PCDD is::
http://www.amazon.de...node=1333619031

#8217 Streetie

Streetie

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hi guys,

I want to add something to the discussion above: There has been a thread on Neogaf (I think) about upcoming deals where someone from Amazon.com (if not Tony) stated that everyone who isn't located in the US may create a fake adress in order to buy digital deals from amazon.com.
So I don't see the point why customers from let's say Germany shouldn't do so. I mean keys for steam (bought from a retailer) in the US are region free which means, they can activate them in Germany or any other country. (unless a uncut-version is not activateable in Germany)
All in all it is cheaper in the US compared to Europe. In the US, something costs 5$, in Germany the same product costs 5€, which is nearly 6,50$.

#8218 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi guys,

I want to add something to the discussion above: There has been a thread on Neogaf (I think) about upcoming deals where someone from Amazon.com (if not Tony) stated that everyone who isn't located in the US may create a fake adress in order to buy digital deals from amazon.com.
So I don't see the point why customers from let's say Germany shouldn't do so. I mean keys for steam (bought from a retailer) in the US are region free which means, they can activate them in Germany or any other country. (unless a uncut-version is not activateable in Germany)
All in all it is cheaper in the US compared to Europe. In the US, something costs 5$, in Germany the same product costs 5€, which is nearly 6,50$.

I just don't like that it's also an unfair way for people to dodge paying taxes. I have to pay them in PA, but people out of the country can just use a state that isn't charging yet and get away with something I can't.

If taxes weren't recently added I wouldn't care, but now it feels unfair.

#8219 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

They are throwing thousands of euros into the U.S. economy...

#8220 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

If taxes weren't recently added I wouldn't care, but now it feels unfair.

Now you know how we in the EU feel all the time with the higher prices xD