Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8221 Streetie

Streetie

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

but people out of the country can just use a state that isn't charging yet and get away with something I can't.

Please consider that you still have to pay less than the ones in Europe for the exact same product. If you think it is unfair, shouldn't Germans feel the same way about their local prices?
But I actually don't want to argue about that, I just think that people in the US would do the same if things would be cheaper in Europe.

#8222 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

To PenguinJim: You seem to want to be offended and argue. Again, I'm sorry that making likely assumptions bothers you. I know that being a US resident I go to US only (officially) sites and make posts in languages other than English all the time. :roll:

But as you said, it's the internet and people like to argue.

Since however I am tired of arguing with you, off to the ignore list you go!

Hi guys,

I want to add something to the discussion above: There has been a thread on Neogaf (I think) about upcoming deals where someone from Amazon.com (if not Tony) stated that everyone who isn't located in the US may create a fake adress in order to buy digital deals from amazon.com.
So I don't see the point why customers from let's say Germany shouldn't do so. I mean keys for steam (bought from a retailer) in the US are region free which means, they can activate them in Germany or any other country. (unless a uncut-version is not activateable in Germany)
All in all it is cheaper in the US compared to Europe. In the US, something costs 5$, in Germany the same product costs 5€, which is nearly 6,50$.

I hadn't seen that but it's a bit ridiculous. If they legitimately want to sell to people elsewhere then have them open their site up, you know do those pesky official things like sign contracts and comply with local laws etc. Don't tell people not to buy it and then have the Amazon rep going 'PSST come around the back alley and I'll sell it to ya'!'

I just don't like that it's also an unfair way for people to dodge paying taxes. I have to pay them in PA, but people out of the country can just use a state that isn't charging yet and get away with something I can't.

If taxes weren't recently added I wouldn't care, but now it feels unfair.

I actually saw a post on another forum where some non US people were saying 'Oh no don't use California. It has tax. Use Oregon. They don't get charged any tax'.

It makes me feel like a chump sitting here living in Washington state paying Amazon sales tax all the time, especially if a representative from Amazon is allegedly telling people to go and use fake addresses. Why can't I use a fake Oregon address too then?

And with that I think I shall bow out of this thread for a while and probably should not have even come back.

Tired of arguing, if Tony or whoever else from Amazon wants to tell internationals they can use fake addresses instead of actually getting their site setup to sell to those places then fine go for it. Have fun with that.

And yes Amazon STILL needs to get their shit together and put the DRM on the pages because that is one of the most important criteria that gamers want to know. I had been giving them a pass on existing games because I thought going forward they knew this now and would be adding it to new pages. Hotline Miami is new so guess not.

It still doesn't excuse someone from 1 starring something because it requires Steam and I'm a bit fed up with seeing that sort of nonsense.

THE END

Edited by Motoki, 07 December 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#8223 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I should be the one apologizing. I have to live with so many negative prejudices about American arrogance, rudeness and bigotry that I feel that we should be doing better than that. So when I saw you needlessly make a supposition purely to make a criticism of someone (not for humor, or information, but apparently just out of spite), I felt that it was worth pointing out.

(Edit: I travel a lot. And the experience is quite different if I pretend to be Canadian. ;))

#8224 Streetie

Streetie

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

@Motoki:

After a bit of a search, I found the thread again:
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=480502

International Buyers: Use your credit card with a random REAL US billing address and phone number.

Apparently, it wasn't Tony, I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, I don't buy many games so I don't really mind paying a bit more. I rarely look at the site of amazon.com for download deals.

#8225 BigBadGoat

BigBadGoat

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Does Amazon have problems with database or something? I purchased Total War bundle yesterday, but none of my keys show in Library. Many refreshes later and keys were displayed only once, but obviously not TW ones, as these showed only the yellow button.

#8226 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Tony, Can you do a PM on this: http://www.gamefly.c...Nail'd/5005022/
Gamefly - Nail'd for $1.25 (Amazon PCDD has it listed at $19.99)
Thanks.

#8227 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Guys, I don't know if I'm just tired, but the debate going down here is striking me as tremendously dumb.

Indeed it is.

I don't think Tony or Amazon have been suggesting to use fake addresses. I believe what somebody once said, not sure if it was Tony because this was like more than 6 months ago, was *to use US addresses*.

One more time, *US addresses*. Realize that if you use fake addresses Amazon might flag your account for suspicious activity, even block it.

Now, so far so good, not much is lost if that happens, right? What you gotta realize is that if you use fake addresses with credit card purchases you are incurring in CC fraud, that is an entirely different beast that might get you in trouble.

And if to top things, you commit fraud to evade taxes, please, do I have to tell you the kind of problems you are asking for??

So, don't be fools, if anyone out there is reading this, yes, it can be done, everybody knows it can be done, it's just that there is a safe way to do it and a stupid way to do it, it's up to you which one you will choose.

PS
Right now it's not clear how will purchasing out of region keys work on steam, with all the SSA changes and all, contact Steam support first with this question about how they feel about you activating "gifted" keys for games that are not available for your region.

#8228 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thanks.

At the very least, Amazon should "price match" Steam & Gamefly's regular price which is now only $4.99 on both stores.

#8229 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

SO, for next week, just Eve online and Hitman Absolution are going to be on sale?..

#8230 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I don't even see a Gamespot Black Friday episode for today :(

#8231 vherub

vherub

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

<cough> Many of the people on this forum are (unknowingly?) committing tax fraud by not paying use taxes for online purchases whenever the vendor does not collect sales tax, per their state tax laws. </cough>

#8232 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thanks.

Ooooh, and a Prison Break game too!

Totally buying both of those (hopefully from Amazon)
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#8233 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

<cough> Many of the people on this forum are (unknowingly?) committing tax fraud by not paying use taxes for online purchases whenever the vendor does not collect sales tax, per their state tax laws. </cough>

I had a small business for a few years, which leads to some increased potential scrutiny from the state on my taxes. I fill out the section of my return and pay the standard use tax amount to Oklahoma every year. (They have an option for paying a standard estimated amount rather than needing to add up every little purchase. I think it was around $21 for me last year.)

It's hard to claim that not paying was unknowing when there is a section on the standard tax form that asks yes-or-no if you have out-of-state purchases that you have not paid sales tax on.

#8234 deletion

deletion

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

We'll have Eve Online for $4.99 for you MMOers out there. Right now there's nothing else planned though, most of our big deals will start again closer to Christmas.

What are you talking about?

Cheers,
Tony

sorry was referring to 2012 Editor's game award. but my fault, it's not even available until january 2013. sorry.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#8235 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

tony, why aren't you allowed buy PCDD games from the amazon app or the mobile website? i'm always at work when you do the friday deals

Hand__Of__God.png

#8236 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

tony, why aren't you allowed buy PCDD games from the amazon app or the mobile website? i'm always at work when you do the friday deals

Just change the view to full site. Problem solved.

#8237 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I was just about to point out the same.

#8238 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Tony has never said to "use a fake address" on that thread, AND remember he's banned from NEOGAF.

People making excuses.....

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#8239 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

And you don't save nearly as much money as hiring an accountant to funnel your millions of dollars through offshore tax havens, in a legal manner. Of course if you don't have millions of dollars and an accountant, you probably have a broken moral compass. :lol:

#8240 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I don't see any hype on Twitter too

#8241 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Tony,
Is Amazon getting this?
http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3990

Alice: Madness Returns – The Complete Collection includes:
Alice: Madness Returns
Original 2000 PC Game American McGee’s Alice
Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack

Wow, that's the first time I've seen a pack like that other than the Origin deal ages ago. The Weapon/Dress DLC comes with the game anyway, you just need to edit the config file to unlock it.. but the remastered version of the original game was impossible to get after the Origin deal ended.

Yes we'll have that :) should go up soon.

I see Sine Mora is no longer price matched to Steam's price but Hell Yeah still is. Any chance for a re-PM since big picture sale is good to Dec. 10? It is $3.39. Thank you.

Maybe Amazon plans to have a better price in the future. What I don't get is why Sine Mora was in the casual section. I was fortunate to scroll down low enough to see it on the page.

here's a vote for this as well.

PM COMING IN HOT!

SO, for next week, just Eve online and Hitman Absolution are going to be on sale?..

We'll also have Madden 08, Plants vs. Zombies, and NHL 09 for $3.49 each.

Yeah that's why I've been so scarce :( I've been working on getting the show together, unfortunately we had to cancel the show. Lamesauce.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8242 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

It is a back end thing that is still being worked on.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8243 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Oh, any reason for the cancel of the show? Just not much help?

#8244 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

And yes Amazon STILL needs to get their shit together and put the DRM on the pages because that is one of the most important criteria that gamers want to know. I had been giving them a pass on existing games because I thought going forward they knew this now and would be adding it to new pages. Hotline Miami is new so guess not.

1. I don't disagree that this info is important, that's why I spent almost a year getting it implemented on the page :).

2. Adding DRM identification to pages is now part of our SOP (standard operating procedure), it is still a human process though, so some stuff gets missed (Hotline Miami).

3. As for getting retroactive, this is in the plans for 2013, we didn't get this functionality in place until just before we hit our huge promotional season so when prioritizing things I have to spend my pre-November/December resources running down deals, scheduling them, creating emails to promote them, talk to you guys about them, etc.

Again, this is a big focus for us, but things aren't going to get cleaned up until after the New Year for sure.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8245 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Oh, any reason for the cancel of the show? Just not much help?

No, the show rocks (especially from the digital side), we just had a bear of a time running down enough deals to fill the show. It was a function of being just after Black Friday and just before Digital Holiday.

BTW, I have some really cool promotions cooked up for the time period surrounding Christmas. More deets to come.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8246 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Yes we'll have that :) should go up soon.

Awesome. Please discount it so cheap that I won't feel bad about buying Madness Returns twice just so I can get the extras.

Sorry to hear about your show falling through.

#8247 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Sad to hear the Gamespot show cancelled, I hope you'll be able to come up with more shows in the future Tony.

Also anyone knows if "Check VS Mate" on Amazon is a Steam key? If not what's the DRM on it?

#8248 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Sad to hear the Gamespot show cancelled, I hope you'll be able to come up with more shows in the future Tony.

Also anyone knows if "Check VS Mate" on Amazon is a Steam key? If not what's the DRM on it?

Yeah, I've been interested in that game and would like to know this as well.

#8249 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Excellent thanks for the re-PM of Sine Mora!

#8250 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

It is a back end thing that is still being worked on.

Cheers,
Tony

Weirdly, the solution to buy stuff on mobile is to click 'full site' on the bottom