Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8311 indef

indef

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Fuck yeah, Madden 08.

I picked that up this summer. It's a little dated, but you can still get mods/updated rosters for it from footballidiot.com.

#8312 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'd check the integrity of the Steam files (right click on the icon to find those options) or I might even delete the local content and try reinstalling it. You could also check to be sure you have the most up to date drivers for your motherboard chipset, audio, and your video card.

You might also try running it in compatibility mode if you're in Windows 8. Googling, "Lego Batman 2 black screen," it appears a few other people saying stuff, but mostly about consoles and/or a Steam forums link that never worked for me.

Going to steampowered.com and finding the forums for the game, I found:

http://steamcommunit...39071066442466/

http://steamcommunit...38350727258119/

Thanks

I tried everything from redownloading from steam to direct x is 11 reinstalled. reinstalled updated nvdia drivers, xp mode no luck. Not sure what to make of it. Everything else runs fine. Maybe I need to totally delete the folders. I did a delete from steam

MY specs are

asus board

16 gig

windows 7 pro

2 550 ti in sli

hdmi running to the tv

Thanks,

#8313 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Also, animated gifs in people's sigs really need to be outlawed on this site. Freekin' obnoxious.

They all break for me.

#8314 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks

I tried everything from redownloading from steam to direct x is 11 reinstalled. reinstalled updated nvdia drivers, xp mode no luck. Not sure what to make of it. Everything else runs fine. Maybe I need to totally delete the folders. I did a delete from steam

MY specs are

asus board

16 gig

windows 7 pro

2 550 ti in sli

hdmi running to the tv

Thanks,

Try disabling SLI in the Nvidia Control Panel & starting the game up & see if it's an SLI issue with it.

#8315 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

But that would remove Fox's sig gif and we just can't have that...

There are exceptions to every rule...

#8316 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

There are exceptions to every rule...

That gif has not loaded properly for me in over 2 months.

#8317 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

I picked that up this summer. It's a little dated, but you can still get mods/updated rosters for it from footballidiot.com.

weren't madden and nhl in a $5 combo a while back? I think i'll wait till jan to finally pick these up. gotta feeling these might be good to get with the coupon.

#8318 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

For anyone that bought As. Creed 2 Deluxe from Amazon, does it show up as the Deluxe edition in your Uplay account? Mine just says AC2 and I'm very concerned.

Edit: I'm assuming it is the deluxe since the Hawx 2 Deluexe I bought from them when it was $1 just shows as Hawx 2. I just really hope it is there, my wife and I went to the bonus locations added in the deluxe version when we went to Venice and Florence this spring. Our trip is the primary reason I bought this game and is a Christmas present for us :) Think I'll have to get Brotherhood too since we went to Rome as well.

Edited by Needles-Kane, 09 December 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#8319 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Can you use a controller on it? I kinda wish it was an Origin key but the mods sound pretty tempting if you can still get a 2012 roster.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#8320 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

I wonder if hitman will see a similar sale on steam.. Tony seems to have a good relationship w/eidos, though. Newer stuff doesn't seem to go on sale very often from them on steam.

#8321 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Never mind, misread.

Why's this thread moving so slow today, normally I come here and there's been like 10 pages of activity, plus I thought their deals started on Sundays. Surprised that nothin's going on in here.

Probably because not too many exciting deals until the Christmas stuff kicks off.

#8322 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Why's this thread moving so slow today, normally I come here and there's been like 10 pages of activity, plus I thought their deals started on Sundays. Surprised that nothin's going on in here.

#8323 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Deal-wise it's been a very quiet week. Nothing exciting until closer to Christmas. Then we'll be back up to 10+ pages a day.

#8324 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

But... does it activate on Steam?!?!

#8325 Devasive

Devasive

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with the Steam forums? Seems like they've been down for days because they're "migrating to new hardware". I would think they would be back by now though.

#8326 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Darn, was hoping for the $5 NFL + NHL bundle again. Or $2.50 each. They're so damn old! People GIVE away the console versions of these games, c'mon EA! >.<

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8327 indef

indef

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

weren't madden and nhl in a $5 combo a while back? I think i'll wait till jan to finally pick these up. gotta feeling these might be good to get with the coupon.

Yeah, think that deal was during BFweek.

Can you use a controller on it? I kinda wish it was an Origin key but the mods sound pretty tempting if you can still get a 2012 roster.

Mostly. 360 controller works for gameplay, analog sticks and everything, but it doesn't always work in the menu system, so you need to use a mouse to select stuff like "new game" or mess around with the stats and options.

And rosters still get updated regularly by users, although the community is slowly dwindling.

#8328 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Any opinions on Eve Online?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8329 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Any opinions on Eve Online?

Played for about 3.5 years. Great game, but not for everyone. You can do anything you want in it, but everything has a consequence too. The learning curve is a brick wall that will fall on top of you and crush you if you try and and cut corners. It has given me some of the most satisfying and memorable game experiences I've ever had in my 27 years of gaming. It will give you the biggest highs you'll get in a game from sneaking past a fleet of enemies in your cloak ship, to the biggest lows of being 20 meters away from the gate to jump to safety then seeing your ship explode losing your precious cargo on top of the ship lose.

The best I can suggest is try the free trail they offer and go in knowing you have a lot to learn. You will spend a lot of time reading online on how to do stuff and what does what exactly (like any other MMO but more so in Eve by a factor of 10).

#8330 UselessB

UselessB

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for keeping this up to date. Bought a bunch over the last month or so.

#8331 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

I wonder if hitman will see a similar sale on steam.. Tony seems to have a good relationship w/eidos, though. Newer stuff doesn't seem to go on sale very often from them on steam.

It's the same price at Impulse, and also for over a week. I'd say there's a pretty big chance of every retailer at least matching the price. I mean, Impulse is generally the worst sales wise of the bigger DDs, and they had it first, so I can see Hitman getting discounted pretty hard pretty fast.

#8332 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Thanks for the info on Madden 08.

Was NHL 09 the last NHL from EA on the PC?
If yes - did NHL 09 wind-up modded like Madden 08 still is to this day, too?

#8333 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Just remember that the $5 coupons will only be applicable towards the Amazon Editor's Choice games. I am not sure if that list has been updated, but likely it will only be titles that came out in 2012 or maybe late 2011.

#8334 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Just remember that the $5 coupons will only be applicable towards the Amazon Editor's Choice games. I am not sure if that list has been updated, but likely it will only be titles that came out in 2012 or maybe late 2011.

that's a good point - forgot about the 2012 bit. Guess i'll wait till the next go around and see if it goes back down to $5 for both.

#8335 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Had my eye on Hitman for a while now but i'm new to the series. $30 a good price?
or should i wait for the inevitable steam sale discount..

#8336 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Doubt it gets much cheaper during the Steam sale. Maybe $25 on Amazon but definitely not any less on Steam.

#8337 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's on week long discounts at two stores at the same time. It'll at the very least be matched or better at christmas.

#8338 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

And I still stick to my opinion that I doubt it gets cheaper on Steam itself. They're pretty stingy with fairly new release discounts. $25 is possible elsewhere but better than that... meh... unless the sales have been horrible I can't see it getting over 50% off after a month.

#8339 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

And I still stick to my opinion that I doubt it gets cheaper on Steam itself. They're pretty stingy with fairly new release discounts. $25 is possible elsewhere but better than that... meh... unless the sales have been horrible I can't see it getting over 50% off after a month.

Square Enix would have to be disliking the sales quite a lot to dip it under 50% on Steam, I doubt it'll happen.

#8340 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, I kinda hope it doesn't fall too fast. That would mean sales were really bad. Which would mean it's less likely that we'll ever see another Hitman game made.

I'm cheap enough to wait until it hits $10 or less. But I'm big picture enough to hope that it takes a while for it to hit my price point.