Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#8851 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, in the last 1/3rd of the Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit game...

Spoiler

Were you that surprised I mean that was the advertised game play. QTEs get a bad name but mostly because you will be watching a cutscene and bam out of no where there was a QTE. It can keep you from enjoying the cutscene and only makes you feel minimally engaged.

I didn't find it a problem in IP because it had a simon says QTE gameplay. Heavy Rain is the same way. Some people find that gameplay boring/bad and I can understand that but QTEs aren't always a bad thing.

Lastly, the person you responded to might have meant this too but everyone I know that has played it and didn't like the last 3rd (including me) was because the story took a turn for the really wacky and nonsensical. This is a very bad thing when the game is heavily story driven.

#8852 clickpow

clickpow

Zeus himself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Amazon bundles are godlike.
:cold:

#8853 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Just a question regarding the 2012 Editor's choice - will it be single games only or will bundles be included? (I'm guessing it's unlikely, but worth to ask)

Bundles have not been taken off the table for that promo :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8854 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Any deal for Battlefield 3 games on the upcoming days?

#8855 FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sucks you were banned from NeoGAF, Tony. Tis a shame. :(

I've known about it for a while, but figured I'd just say something now haha

#8856 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Were you that surprised I mean that was the advertised game play. QTEs get a bad name but mostly because you will be watching a cutscene and bam out of no where there was a QTE. It can keep you from enjoying the cutscene and only makes you feel minimally engaged.

I didn't find it a problem in IP because it had a simon says QTE gameplay. Heavy Rain is the same way. Some people find that gameplay boring/bad and I can understand that but QTEs aren't always a bad thing.

The 1st 2/3rd's had some QTE's...
...but the last 1/3rd of the game literally bashes you over the head w/ them!

The last 1/3rd takes a more action approach to the game (b/c of the QTE's), while the first 2/3rd's did a better job of mixing QTE's and "pure" adventure game elements. I thought the more "pure" adventure game elements (investigating things, puzzle-solving, talking, making decisions) are what really made the game interesting.

Lastly, the person you responded to might have meant this too but everyone I know that has played it and didn't like the last 3rd (including me) was because the story took a turn for the really wacky and nonsensical. This is a very bad thing when the game is heavily story driven.

I absolutely agree w/ this 100%.

For me, the last 1/3rd was horrible b/c the game fell apart for me in every regard...
That would be b/c of the overdosage of QTE's; lack of "pure" adventure elements; and the horrible story turn.

Though, for $2.50-$3 (depending on where you buy it) - that first 2/3rd's is EASILY worth the price of admission.
It'd be plain silly to pass this deal up from either Amazon DVG or GOG.

#8857 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

If anyone is interested in Alice: Madness Returns. I have Gamersgate gift to sell for $4. (not on Steam but its a EA game so blame EA).

PM me if interested.
My GMG referral Link: GMG Link

If you're new to GMG, use the link above and we both get free $2 credit when you spend at least $2 on your first purchase.

#8858 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Anyone who gets the 2K Shooter pack want to trade Serious Sam HD 1 & 2 + DLC for Duke Nukem Forever and it's DLC? PM me.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Edited by KidInTheHall, 16 December 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#8859 deletion

deletion

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

does Crysis not redeem on origin? tried it and doens't work.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#8860 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Per the information on the product page, it does not and doesn't require a client. You download it from Amazon directly.

#8861 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Crysis, Wars, Warhead = No
Crysis 2 = Yes

#8862 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Try to chat with EA Support, they'll do it for you.

Tretton.png

#8863 deletion

deletion

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Try to chat with EA Support, they'll do it for you.

thanks everyone. i just assumed it would. my fault for not reading the details. i already have the game as standalone, for some reason, 5 bucks, i wanted to add it to my origin library. stupid. i will slowly walk away now.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#8864 tcastle

tcastle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thanks a lot for this thread!

#8865 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hey Tony, is it possible to get Steam version for Test Drive 2 Unlimited? Link here - http://www.amazon.co...02TAMQP1RCG2NNZ

Also, any idea what DRM is Split/Second?

Thanks!

#8866 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Any thoughts on the Price of Persia series, they're $2.49/ea (all 4 of them). Any chance they'd go on sale on Steam or is Ubisoft too busy with uPlay to have promos on Steam?

Also, any experience with King Kong ($2.49)?

Star Raiders ($2.49) from Atari activates on Steam. Any good?

Thanks in advance :-)

#8867 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

On a call with 35 other people working on it.

Cheers,
Tony

There's a light bulb joke in there somewhere.....:lol:

Thanks for the great deals Tony!

#8868 czerwony

czerwony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

thanks everyone. i just assumed it would. my fault for not reading the details. i already have the game as standalone, for some reason, 5 bucks, i wanted to add it to my origin library. stupid. i will slowly walk away now.

https://activate.ea....meactivation.do
https://activate.ea....yentitlement.do

These two links can apply older stuff to your Origin account.

#8869 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Any thoughts on the Price of Persia series, they're $2.49/ea (all 4 of them). Any chance they'd go on sale on Steam or is Ubisoft too busy with uPlay to have promos on Steam?

Also, any experience with King Kong ($2.49)?

Star Raiders ($2.49) from Atari activates on Steam. Any good?

Thanks in advance :-)

They were on sale during the Summer Sale. For 2.50 . I'm talking about Prince of Persia

#8870 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

The 1st 2/3rd's had some QTE's...
...but the last 1/3rd of the game literally bashes you over the head w/ them!

The last 1/3rd takes a more action approach to the game (b/c of the QTE's), while the first 2/3rd's did a better job of mixing QTE's and "pure" adventure game elements. I thought the more "pure" adventure game elements (investigating things, puzzle-solving, talking, making decisions) are what really made the game interesting.

I can agree with that. Personally I was just happy there were no more stealth things because I hated that but I can agree with them dropping a lot of the other adventure elements.

Sorry but I had thought you were just bashing the game for having a QTE style game play style like most of the time I see when Quantic Dream games come up.

Edit: I just picked up Endless Space. Looks like a great 4x space game which I have been itching for.

#8871 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

They were on sale during the Summer Sale. For 2.50 . I'm talking about Prince of Persia

Thanks, decisions to make!! Get a coupon from Amazon and a most likely DRM free version or see if they show up on sale on Steam.....

#8872 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

If anyone's planning on buying the Double Fine bundle, I'd pay for Stacking. PM me.

Oh, and if anyone wants to split the Desert to Sea Bundle, I'd buy Spec Ops.

Curse you, Tony, forcing me to interact with other human beings ;)

Edited by tjs09, 16 December 2012 - 05:10 PM.

76561198039756693.png

#8873 Beckett

Beckett

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is the PC download version of King Kong free of all traces of Starforce?

(I never had trouble with Starforce games until I tried to install the CD version of King Kong on my Windows 7 machine. It caused some real problems. I don't know that much about Starforce--maybe it only applies to CD products--so I thought I should ask.)

#8874 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Nice price on Endless Space, a lot of other standard sale prices, Alice is crazy expensive. Nothing here for me, yet, though.

#8875 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Payday the Heist 4 Pack is only $15.

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

Worth it?

#8876 miraclemart

miraclemart

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Great sale!!... but since I bought most of what Tony has thrown our way this year, I already got 99.9% of all games listed. First World Problem, I know...

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add these:

- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC (Steam)
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B005O2TTCO/
(I already have the main game on Steam... just missing the DLC, which I haven't seen on sale yet)

- Mafia II: Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) or Complete (Deluxe + DLCs)
(There is no way to "upgrade" a standard version to deluxe... so I'm still waiting to get to whole thing. Also, I own every other games in the 2K Mega Pack)

Thanks a lot!!
miraclemart AKA kinologik ;)

#8877 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Payday the Heist 4 Pack is only $15.

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

Worth it?

There is a free to play version on steam, test the game with that.

PS
No idea what added bonus does the paid for version has.

#8878 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Is the PC download version of King Kong free of all traces of Starforce?

(I never had trouble with Starforce games until I tried to install the CD version of King Kong on my Windows 7 machine. It caused some real problems. I don't know that much about Starforce--maybe it only applies to CD products--so I thought I should ask.)

Very good question, couldn't find any info that Ubi should have patched out the StarForce protection :-(

Anyone knows if this is the "Gamer's Edition" as mentioned on Moby Games:

"Windows versions

Two different versions of the game were released for the PC: the original retail release which compares to the PS2/Gamecube and other current generation consoles, and a so-called Gamer's Edition only available through online purchases or OEM disks which features the improved models and textures from the Xbox 360 version and allows for even higher gameplay resolutions."

#8879 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Darn, I knew I should've waited on Civ 5 + G&K. I could've gotten Civ 4 and Stronghold included for the same price :cry:. For anyone who wants to try out Civ games, get this! This deal is so good I want to buy it again even though I already have it :bouncy:

#8880 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

If anybody bought Indigo from Amazon DVG before, speak up - does it activate up on Steam?

This may be a little late, but it does not activate on steam. It's DRM free to my knowledge (no key in the G&S Library). Also, Indigo Prophecy isn't even on steam anymore. Not sure if it's the uncut version, I think it is just regular.
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy