Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#9001 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Payday is fantastic. Much better than KF in my opinion and has more last appeal than L4D

I don't consider KF to be in the same gaming sphere as either Payday or L4D.

At higher difficulty levels, KF is about finding a good spot to bunker down and hold on tight. You bust your ass to the trader and back in between rounds and start all over again.

L4D and Payday are more objective-based games that require you to move from point A to point B. They scratch completely different itches for me and I'm sure most others as well. I always cringe when I see comparisons between KF and either of those games because they don't play out the same way at all.

I've logged three times as many hours in KF as either of those games. It has a tough initial learning curve, but once you get past that it can be intense.

76561197971332172.png

#9002 fgq

fgq

Where's my wheels?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Medal of Honor Warfighter is already listed under "Highly probable". #42

I must have missed it, maybe it's time for some sleep :lol:

#9003 miraclemart

miraclemart

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Consider me Gobsmacked.

I wouldn't count on lightning striking twice though. Ubisoft has their own client (Uplay) that they're trying to get some traction for.

Medal of Honor Warfighter is already listed under "Highly probable". #42

I don't want to be that guy, but...

U-Play is installed if a game needs it, even if bought on Steam. So the client is "pushed" no matter the store.

Also, Ubisoft has been quite opened lately at the idea of expending their "horizons":

http://www.gog.com/c...?search=Ubisoft

If Ubisoft would really want to be aggressive in promoting Uplay, I would suggess them first to consolidate all the games I have bought with my Ubisoft account (Ubi store), and then redeem the games I bought from other distributors (like EA did - to a certain point - with Origin). Then, I might consider it as valid game client.

Just my 2 cents...

#9004 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Dang it! I picked up Secret World thinking they'd fixed the graphics driver issues. Nope! Looks like I can't play it until I quit using an Nvidia graphics card.

#9005 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Dang it! I picked up Secret World thinking they'd fixed the graphics driver issues. Nope! Looks like I can't play it until I quit using an Nvidia graphics card.

I'm using an nVidia graphics card. .-.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9006 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm using an nVidia graphics card. .-.

I had no trouble w/ TSW Beta on my NVidia card (GF GTX 560 Ti), some time ago...

#9007 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Any idea how long some of the smaller things are gonna last (i.e. Viking Battle for Asgard). If it goes into January, I know what I'm using my credit on :D Speaking of which, anyone else think Viking will make Editor's choice? I'm hopeful, but it's not really a big title...
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#9008 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

I had no trouble w/ TSW Beta on my NVidia card (GF GTX 560 Ti), some time ago...

well, maybe it's just my card then. My card is a laptop card and when I tried to update it for the beta it crashed every time I loaded the game. I eventually had to roll it back and tune my graphics settings way down (talking about super jaggy image) just to be able to play for 30-60 min blocks before it'd lock-up and crash.

#9009 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Any idea how long some of the smaller things are gonna last (i.e. Viking Battle for Asgard). If it goes into January, I know what I'm using my credit on :D Speaking of which, anyone else think Viking will make Editor's choice? I'm hopeful, but it's not really a big title...

I highly doubt it. Also everything I've read points to it being horribly optimized for PC.

#9010 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

well, maybe it's just my card then. My card is a laptop card and when I tried to update it for the beta it crashed every time I loaded the game. I eventually had to roll it back and tune my graphics settings way down (talking about super jaggy image) just to be able to play for 30-60 min blocks before it'd lock-up and crash.

What card do you have? I'm running it on an nVidia 680M (laptop card).

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#9011 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

What card do you have? I'm running it on an nVidia 680M (laptop card).

GeForce GTS 360M

#9012 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

GeForce GTS 360M

Well, looks like you aren't the only one (maybe you've already read this topic).

http://forums.thesec...ead.php?t=40124

At least it seems like you should be able to play no problem with DirectX 9.

bZ2g3eF.png

#9013 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

any chance of getting metro 2033 in the medley swapped with another game? Its pointless since it was given away free
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#9014 iTz Spooky

iTz Spooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

So i accidently ordered the wrong Bioshock dual pack that does not activate on steam! fml.

Is there any way i can get my ordered switched to the steam redeemable?

I ordered this one http://www.amazon.co...shock dual pack

instead of this one: http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

#9015 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Dear Tony,

Posted Image

-gomikeoh

p.s. any square deals? cough - tomb raider? - cough
or are those deals at a later date

I also want to give my thanks, these deals are beyond amazing.

#9016 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for the sale Tony. Unfortunately you spoiled us so much during the year that I have nothing more to buy from the current sale.

Problem is that all of these bundles are more or less repeats. A few have slightly better prices (most notably the strategy bundle), but otherwise we've seen all of this before.

So much for the Amazon winter sale. >_>

The difference in tone between these 2 posts is just astounding.
Posted Image

#9017 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Well, looks like you aren't the only one (maybe you've already read this topic).

http://forums.thesec...ead.php?t=40124

At least it seems like you should be able to play no problem with DirectX 9.

Dang... it was doing so well too. I got all excited and then it locked up my pc and I had to hard reset it. :( I don't blame funcom. I blame Nvidia for making bad drivers!

#9018 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Tony likes it rough.

bZ2g3eF.png

#9019 lidl

lidl

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

So i accidently ordered the wrong Bioshock dual pack that does not activate on steam! fml.

Is there any way i can get my ordered switched to the steam redeemable?

Just contact Amazon's Customer Support, they'll sort you out.
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#9020 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Some people are just ungrateful bastards.

#9021 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Games are more of a happy exclusive for Windows than something that they consider a major focus of the OS.

Spoiler

Weird. Games are the only reason I have windows installed on my desktop (gaming) machine.

Were you that surprised I mean that was the advertised game play. QTEs get a bad name but mostly because you will be watching a cutscene and bam out of no where there was a QTE. It can keep you from enjoying the cutscene and only makes you feel minimally engaged.

Spoiler

I find cutscene QTEs irritating. I just want to sit back and take it in, which adds some nice change of pace. Before QTEs were all the rage, I remember when PS2 games (e.g. DMC) would rumble during cut scenes. The would startle me. I often set my controller on my desk, so this made a terrble noise and frequency vibrated the controller right of the desk.

Sucks you were banned from NeoGAF, Tony. Tis a shame. :(

I've known about it for a while, but figured I'd just say something now haha

Their loss. Our gain.

Hey Tony, is it possible to get Steam version for Test Drive 2 Unlimited? Link here - http://www.amazon.co...02TAMQP1RCG2NNZ

Also, any idea what DRM is Split/Second?

Thanks!

It is SecuROM elsewhere. I'd guess that same on Amazon. If you have a console, I'd recommend getting it there. It's still a great game, I can recommend at the $5 mark. I own it from D2D.

From an ealier post (can't quote a post in a locked thread).

Split Second: Much fun. The gimmick set-destruction is very very well integrated and mastery of is critical to getting 1st place. Unfortunately, I've played 2/3 though three times... my saves get horribly corrupted. (Despiite rolling back to prior saves: GoGo Dropbox restore w/Link Shell Extention -- I should post about that separately). I want to finish this sometime by not exiting it before completion.

Spoiler
I see Drakensang: The River of Time is $5.
What's the DRM on that?
And do you guys carry that game's Philleason's Secret DLC?

I agree, Amazon's sorting options are in dire need of improvement. Drakensang complete was ~$10.20 (w/o IGN) during the first week of the GG August sale. I wound up picking it up on eBay for $10. My understanding is that only the Special Plastic Edition (retail) is DRM-Free.

75% on Sreeping Dawgs hasn't happened but it's been as low as $14-$15 which is like... 70% off.

$13.60 after GMG coupon, just before Thanksgiving.

Edited by asheskitty, 17 December 2012 - 07:26 AM.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9022 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Man, I friggen love The Secret World. Thanks for putting that on sale.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#9023 Kschreck

Kschreck

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Are these the only holiday deals that's going to happen or will there be more (perhaps next Sunday)?

#9024 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

More stuff will be added.

#9025 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I bit on TSW even though I just got TOR.

I hope I don't regret it. >_>
Posted Image

#9026 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Just a heads up to everyone who bought TSW, the Blood Raven pet only can be claimed on ONE character. The weapons and jackets can be claimed on every character you create, once each.

Wait, I was wrong. The game was just lagging or something and didn't show it.

Edited by Idiotekque, 17 December 2012 - 08:32 AM.

bZ2g3eF.png

#9027 Kschreck

Kschreck

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hey Tony, what day will Lego Lord of The Rings be on sale? :)

#9028 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

As great as this is, thinking about when Amazon may match some of Steam's sale prices is exhilarating.

#9029 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Cripes. Funcom sure doesn't like people using their accounts made during the The Secret World's beta!

I had to make a new one to redeem the key. But now it's done! Hooray. :)

#9030 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

I was wondering where all the Borderlands 1 GOTY's were coming from on SG.

If anyone is selling hit me up.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery