Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#9331 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

LSL... Wow - that is an old school reference.

Is there a download coming up from them? Those Sierra games of that era were epic! (Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest etc.)

#9332 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Is there a download coming up from them? Those Sierra games of that era were epic! (Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest etc.)

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded

#9333 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Oh no, we couldn't do that. We can't have any interaction with Developers or Publishers. That would debase this noble enterprise called Cheap Ass Gamer.

Lol I see what you did there Sir End of The, noblest knight in all the internets.

yea, i have a few questions for those guys

Sweet, this is going to be fun.

See below.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded

QFT.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#9334 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I keep thinking QFT = Quit Fing Talking. But it means Quoted For Truth

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#9335 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

i keep thinking qft = quit fing talking. But it means quoted for truth

qft.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9336 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

lol :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#9337 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

It was kickstarted back in spring. I'm a $15 backer.
http://www.kickstart...-again?ref=live

The one thing I have to say with kickstarter is the OMFG levels of communication. I'm sure some people like it, I just wish it didn't force me to filter all my kickstarter emails (and thus miss the important ones). I've mainly backed people/teams I believe in: Wasteland 2, Leisure Suit Larry, Carmageddon Reincarnation.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9338 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

leisure suit larry in the land of the lounge lizards: Reloaded

back.this.game
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#9339 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yay on the Q&A

Bummer that so far I can't find anything that I want to buy or am getting knocked out 'cause it's bundled with something I own.

Looking forward to January and the rest of the Winter Sale!

#9340 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Come to think of it, any chance of an end of the world bundle?

I'll start it off with:

• Bing bang bundle
  • It's game over man bundle
  • The just in case they are right bundle
  • The WTF bundle (and it's already up so that's easy)
  • The finally a bundle that activates on origin and steam
  • The 1C bundle - just cause we had to do it...

looks like gog is having a little fun with their 'end of the world' bundles.

my favorite is the 'santa snapped' one.

on a more semi serious note:

TONY

*please* keep working on bringing some of the old titles. I'd love a city builder series and the sierra quest ones. I want the gog selection but with Tony's special pricing.

#9341 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Actually, it's largely good news. They seem to be going with a restructuring sort of bankrupcy rather than a shut-everything-down sort of bankrupcy. Without some recent sales income, they may have been forced into the latter instead.

What worries me is that they are selling their assets, all of them, even if they managed to pull the stunt of just switching paycheck signers, nothing guarantees that further along the road they won't start to desperately slice the pie away.

Now, yeah, maybe you are right, indeed THQ really needs a change of management, it's just astounding to see a company sitting on the assets THQ has and going bankrupted.

Most of THQ's problems stem from a disastrous venture into hardware. The uDraw absolutely killed THQ, as it tied up resources that would have allowed the company to weather the commercial disappointments of Homefront and Red Faction: Armageddon.

By going through a structured bankruptcy, THQ will retain the studios and IPs it currently possesses, while eliminating debts it can't afford to repay. (Those of you who bought THQ stock, my sympathies for your upcoming loss.)

The real question will be how the new owners (whether Clearlake or someone else) view the digital-download landscape. But that question won't be settled anytime soon, so the deals already in place for the holiday season shouldn't be affected. *knock on wood*

#9342 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Just got off the phone with THQ. We're good on the promos for this holiday, no changes. BTW Mac the Geek's explanation is pretty spot on.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#9343 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

does "this holiday" include any possible January sales or just the stuff in December? It's basically the question of "so if anyone's waiting for the THQ stuff to pop up in Jan should they assume the gamble isn't a gamble anymore but a guaranteed no"?

#9344 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

random question - anyone here know if either guild wars 2 or diablo 3 will be on sale soon? looking to buy copies for friends, and would like to save a few bucks ya know

#9345 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

On this note I just got off the phone with the Leisure Suit Larry guys...they are really cool, would you guys be interested in interacting with them?

I'm thinking a Q&A or something.

Cheers,
Tony

Q&A with Al Lowe and the gang would be great. As would Amazon carrying these games (with Steam key option, of course ;))!

#9346 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

I'm so glad they didn't. I thought the SR3 zombie missions were truly awful and completely ruined the flow of the game.

I thought it was a missed opportunity. Like it was just a checkbox on their to-do list.

Though I do recall thinking that if if there're going to be aliens, there damn well better be zombies.

76561197971332172.png

#9347 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

I thought it was a missed opportunity. Like it was just a checkbox on their to-do list.

Though I do recall thinking that if if there're going to be aliens, there damn well better be zombies.

Regardless of whether zombies were done well, it is safe to say that some crazy mother f*****s made a great game that had just about everything in it, and it was one hell of a good time!

#9348 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Most of THQ's problems stem from a disastrous venture into hardware. The uDraw absolutely killed THQ, as it tied up resources that would have allowed the company to weather the commercial disappointments of Homefront and Red Faction: Armageddon.

The what? I've never heard of it. :???:

#9349 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Sounds like some awful console device along the lines of a guitar player interface thingy.

#9350 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

The what? I've never heard of it. :???:

Here's the Wikipedia link.

Warning: it's not for the faint-hearted.

#9351 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

any price match for gmg on guild wars 2?

#9352 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Amazon doesn't price match GMG. It's based out of Europe.

#9353 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Here's the Wikipedia link.

Warning: it's not for the faint-hearted.

I did look it up before, and I really can't recall hearing anyone mention it, haven't seen it in a store (online or offline), and certainly don't know anyone who owns one - even my flatmate who owns a collection of Wii peripherals hasn't mentioned it.

Amazon won't price match non-US stores (eg: GG, GGG, GMG.)

#9354 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

I did look it up before, and I really can't recall hearing anyone mention it, haven't seen it in a store (online or offline), and certainly don't know anyone who owns one - even my flatmate who owns a collection of Wii peripherals hasn't mentioned it.

Amazon won't price match non-US stores (eg: GG, GGG, GMG.)

they won't take my money :( ive tried my debit card and my paypal, i just want GW2 - what can i do? take my money!

#9355 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Tony, any chance for a deal on this ? :

Need For Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack DLC

fs_pc.png

#9356 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

they won't take my money :( ive tried my debit card and my paypal, i just want GW2 - what can i do? take my money!

Payment errors with GMG are typically related to your bank blocking payment to them for one reason or another. Personally I haven't had that happen, but my bank isn't American.

#9357 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

So. tell me something guys.. SO lets say THQ totally got Bankrupt. IS that the end of the THQ deals like darksiders franchise starting today ?? we'll never get any deals after that?????
Sorry my English is not that good :(

#9358 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Tony, in addition to deals that you have planned, does Amazon intend to also price match the deals that steam has during their Holiday sale?

#9359 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Chapter 11 does not mean that they're looting and burning their offices while employees smuggle out memorbilia underneath their pink slips.

There's going to be more sales, they have time for this type of stuff. They aren't going to give Saint's Row to EA tommorow. Obviously we don't know exactly what is going to happen but people are generally blowing the news story out of proportion right now.

#9360 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Plenty of time for Darksiders 2 to hit $5~