Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#931 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone know if the fear pack comes with the fear 2 dlc?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#932 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

I've never played any of the FEAR games. Worth tossing the $10 to give it a shot?

FEAR 1 is a masterpiece - a trend-setter of a shooter, mixing tense horror; FPS shooter elements; awesome shootouts; superb AI; and an excellent and twisted story. This is one of my favorite shooters of all time.

It pretty much...goes downhill from here...

FEAR: Extraction Point (expansion) is more FEAR and is good, but not as great as the original FEAR.
FEAR: Perseus Mandate (stand-alone expansion) is...okay. Nothing great or special. Nowhere as good as even Extraction Point.

FEAR 2: Project Origin...is good, but is not a trend-setter. It takes a lot cliche tropes from FPS's (rail shooter elements found in military FPS's; tram ride like HL2; mech section like Riddick: Butcher Bay) and reuses a lot of the same type of horror moments from FEAR 1, making it formulaic and it's nowhere as scary as the original. It's predictable, in that sense. The story is still pretty good - but, the game itself overall is nowhere as great as FEAR 1.

Can't speak on FEAR 2: Reborn DLC - never bought it.

FEAR 3....is not a trend-setter, either. It's decent, but nothing great. Nowhere as good as even FEAR 2. There's a new cover system here. The games actually feels less of a horror-theme FPS, but more like a COD type of shooter, oddly enough.

#933 Eoma

Eoma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Bought the batman pack. Thank Tony. Realllyyy hoping Darkness II get's PMed or better yet goes 4.99. :)

#934 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have AA on GFWL.....if you activate AC on GFWL does it stay in your account to download forever like steam activations?

Also, you don't get the DLC for 2, only FEAR 1, if anyone wants to know

And Im not particularly looking for AC, but if someone only wants A A I'll maybe go for the split .for 3.75

#935 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Anyone not want or need Fear 2 I would be willing to split a pack with you.

23480.png

#936 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I have AA on GFWL.....if you activate AC on GFWL does it stay in your account to download forever like steam activations?

Also, you don't get the DLC for 2, only FEAR 1, if anyone wants to know

And Im not particularly looking for AC, but if someone only wants A A I'll maybe go for the split .for 3.75

If you bought it from GFWL, yes. If you got it elsewhere and just activated an online pass etc, no.

23480.png

#937 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

If you bought it from G4WL Marketplace directly, YES.
Otherwise - you'd have to get the installer files from wherever you bought the game digitally at.

Back to games you buy direct from G4WL - after you a download of an install on a game you buy directly from G4WL Marketplace, BACKUP all of your temporary CAB files somewhere. The CAB files contain the ENTIRE game installer files! You can always use a ZIP file opening program to open them all up if you need to it; or you could sign into G4WL and have the CAB files in the temp folder to just tell the game to install itself. These CAB files get destroyed in the Temp folder, after you do an install while signed into G4WL!

Edited by MysterD, 07 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#938 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Couldnt resist The Batman bundle for $7.50. Currently fighting the urge to grab the F.E.A.R bundle as well

#939 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

@MysterD Odd, I liked Fear 3 more than Fear 2. I played Fear2 soon after finishing 1, and I actually started predicting things that were supposed to "scare me". As for 3 - I liked the dual character co-op/SP options and the storyline.

#940 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Here's the link for saints row I was refferring to

http://www.thq.com/u...am_weekend_sale
Posted Image

#941 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

picked up the batman pack, thanks!

#942 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

How terrible of a person am I if I buy the BF3 unlock code? I have no intention in putting in a ton of hours in MP to unlock that stuff. I got the game for $10 and a free Premium DLC pass from a friend.

Cheaply, spend the money and get the unlock pack. The game has been out so long now that nobody cares. Treat yo self!

#943 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

If anyone used the coupon code and doesn't want AA, would like to buy it off you for $3 PP gift, please PM, thanks!

I can also host if anyone just wants AC. But I already used the coupon code. Thanks.

#944 Deques

Deques

CAG Noob Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

are the batman games region restricted to usa only?

#945 AmazingHulk

AmazingHulk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Picked up batman pack. Thanks Tony on this great deal.

Will take Fear pack too

#946 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

are the batman games region restricted to usa only?

What you mean with that? if you're trying to buy them on Amazon you'll need a US address to do it. If you're trying to play them, both games use GFWL which means your account has to be from one of the 35 supported countries.

http://en.wikipedia....indows_–_Live

#947 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Just picked up the Batman Pack. Thanks Tony!

#948 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Bought the Fear pack, even though I doubt I'll ever play any of em.

#949 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Bought the Fear pack, even though I doubt I'll ever play any of em.

Did Fear 2 include the reborn dlc?

23480.png

#950 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Is the FEAR pack worth geting? Everyone says only the first one is good... so, is 7.50 worth spending? Or maybe in the Holiday sales that pack would be even cheaper, or Haloween if that's the case.

#951 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

What is the coupon everybody is talking about?.

#952 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Did Fear 2 include the reborn dlc?

Nope.

#953 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

What is the coupon everybody is talking about?.

OCTOFUN1 = 25% off whatever you buy.
I think it can ONLY be used once, though...

See this post here:

Want to save an additional 25% on anything we're selling that is NOT a pre-order or new release within the last 30 days?

Type in "OCTOFUN1" in the promotional code area at checkout.

Cheers,
Tony

EDIT:
Yes, it's ONE time usage for this particular "OCTOFUN1" code, see here:

Yep but it isn't "used" until you actually buy something. Also, we might run a few of them in october, just depends on how this first one does.

Cheers,
Tony

#954 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

What you mean with that? if you're trying to buy them on Amazon you'll need a US address to do it. If you're trying to play them, both games use GFWL which means your account has to be from one of the 35 supported countries.

http://en.wikipedia....indows_–_Live

Batman AA GOTY is not restricted to the 35 GFWL countries, Batman AC is

fs_pc.png

#955 firepelt

firepelt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'd probably buy Spec Ops if it were price matched with Gamefly. Would rather buy it from Amazon.

#956 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Is there any chance that there will be another 25% off code this week? I would definitely buy the F.E.A.R. pack for $7.50.

#957 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Batman AA GOTY is not restricted to the 35 GFWL countries, Batman AC is

oh yes, i forgot that, that's the reason why i can buy AA but i can't buy AC on Steam.

#958 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

I've never played any of the FEAR games. Worth tossing the $10 to give it a shot?

Yes, FEAR is a very good shooter series. Although many will complain that FEAR 1 is so different from the others, and thus 2 and 3 are not worth playing; I still very much enjoyed the others as shooters. Don't forget, the games still look pretty darn good for their ages.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#959 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Was hoping for Spec Ops and Darkness 2 PM.I am dissapoint.

#960 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yes, FEAR is a very good shooter series. Although many will complain that FEAR 1 is so different from the others, and thus 2 and 3 are not worth playing; I still very much enjoyed the others as shooters. Don't forget, the games still look pretty darn good for their ages.

The FEAR Pack deal here is DEFINITELY EASILY worth the money.

If gamers like shooters in general, I think gamers will like ALL of the FEAR games.

I just think FEAR 1 is the BEST of the pack BY FAR - and one of the best shooters EVER made. I'd put it FEAR 1 right up there w/ some of my fav FPS's such as the likes of HL series, Quake 2, MOH:AA, and COD4: Modern Warfare.

All of the other FEAR games range from decent to good - but none of those are really in FEAR 1's league.
Not many are, TBH.