Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#991 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Got the F.E.A.R. pack. Thanks Tony!

However, I already have the first game, would anyone be interested in a F.E.A.R. key for $2.50 Amazon GC?
Posted Image

#992 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Picked up the Batman deal for the backlog. I pretty much gave away AA to a friend may hear, so it will be nice to have a copy on the PC. Plus, my PC is a lot more capable than it was when either game was released so that made it even better. Thanks Tony.

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#993 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

Spec Ops: The Line: This is the first game that ran a little laggy/slow on my laptop :( Even on super low. So either it is really demanding (can sort of see) or maybe not well optimized? This is a fun TPS shooter so far. I love the setting (Dubai) and the shooting is good. Storyline is the strong point on this (not usually the case in shooters lbh) so that is a huge plus. I can see myself enjoying this game a lot.stem.

Does your Laptop use Nvidia Optimus? Make sure that your discrete GPU is selected

#994 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

Does your Laptop use Nvidia Optimus? Make sure that your discrete GPU is selected

This. I had a weird issue with my wife playing Sims 3 on the laptop. It was SET to run the game with the GPU, but would actually run it using Onboard graphics. I still don't know how I fixed it, but I tried fiddling with the optimus settings of which.to choose switching which graphical unit used back and forth, I think even upgrading drivers and Optimus profiles. Eventually it stuck. Only time it had ever happened.

One thing that will help is enabling the system tray icon.for Optimus. Black.and white means onboard, and a color graphic means discrete. Hover mouse over icon if you aren't sure, it will tell you.

#995 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Could we get a deal on BF3: Premium??

#996 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Gamersgate has Need for Speed Run for $5 today. I wish that Amazon would match that price as I have Amazon gift credits. I also wish Amazon would re-run the Need for Speed Collection again as I missed it the last time.

It was Prostreet, Undercover, Shift, & Shift 2. No reason to stress too much over those entries.

#997 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Spec Ops: The Line: This is the first game that ran a little laggy/slow on my laptop :( Even on super low. So either it is really demanding (can sort of see) or maybe not well optimized? This is a fun TPS shooter so far. I love the setting (Dubai) and the shooting is good. Storyline is the strong point on this (not usually the case in shooters lbh) so that is a huge plus. I can see myself enjoying this game a lot.

I don't know your laptop specs but it runs smoothly on High with my GeForce 9800 GTX+ so it can't be too super demanding.

I'm really enjoying the game (think I'm coming up on the end) except for two minor quibbles:
(A) I dislike vehicle missions in my shooters. Fortunately this game has them at a minimum but I just don't like it when a game turns into a shooting gallery and takes away the option of movement on your part.
-and-
(B) Those "Heavies" take me out of the game. Not that it's realistic that I can get shot, hide behind a sandbag and heal up in ten seconds, but those dudes taking a couple RPGs to the chest just make me roll my eyes and detracts from the experience. Yeah, I know: Shoot 'em in the face

I'm mainly just grousing though. The game itself is solid and was a great buy for the $5.99

#998 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

@TONY

I really hope you guys can sign Zenimax & Bethesda (RAGE from Id Software; Elder Scrolls series; Dishonored from Arkane Studios; etc)...

Seriously, it looks like from the reviews, Dishonored looks like it turned out awesome...
Please tell me you're going to sign Zenimax & Bethesda!

#999 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

It was Prostreet, Undercover, Shift, & Shift 2. No reason to stress too much over those entries.

I thought Run was part of it as well?
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1000 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

So here are my mini reviews/first impressions on some of the games on sale:

The Darkness II: This game is just great fun. Full disclosure, the first game is one of my favorites and I finished on the 360 a long time ago. This one is just as much fun, if not more. Just non stop action, shooting, gutting, tearing apart, etc. I heard it's short so I can see myself finishing this one up this week.

Spec Ops: The Line: This is the first game that ran a little laggy/slow on my laptop :( Even on super low. So either it is really demanding (can sort of see) or maybe not well optimized? This is a fun TPS shooter so far. I love the setting (Dubai) and the shooting is good. Storyline is the strong point on this (not usually the case in shooters lbh) so that is a huge plus. I can see myself enjoying this game a lot.

Finally, can barely get away from Sleeping Dogs. Goodness that game is awesome, addictive, beautiful! Seriously, I spend time just driving around sometimes looking at the city. Driving is great fun. Spent 10 minutes beating the wheelie record for my steam friends! Love the steam integration on it. The combat is nice and fun to me especially with the counter system. At first I had a hard time, but once you get the counter system and environment kills down it becomes easier. Honestly, I already played through the first part before on the 360, but replaying it on the PC was just as much fun and I can't wait to see where the story goes.

Totally agree with your opinion on these games

Is Ambient Occlusion enabled ? if so disable it

fs_pc.png

#1001 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Shift 2 was really, really good imo.

Hand__Of__God.png

#1002 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

@TONY

I really hope you guys can sign Zenimax & Bethesda (RAGE from Id Software; Elder Scrolls series; Dishonored from Arkane Studios; etc)...

Seriously, it looks like from the reviews, Dishonored looks like it turned out awesome...

I'm still waiting for Tony to surprise us with a bethesda 4pack bundle: lets say morrowind, oblivion, fallout3 and las vegas all for $9.99 ??? of course all of 'em GOTY w/ steam keys...:bouncy:

#1003 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'm still waiting for Tony to surprise us with a bethesda 4pack bundle: lets say morrowind, oblivion, fallout3 and las vegas all for $9.99 ??? of course all of 'em GOTY w/ steam keys...:bouncy:

that's not unrealistic at all :roll:

:lol:
Posted Image

#1004 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

No joke. It needs to have skyrim and dawnguard and cost $20. :lol:

#1005 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

C'mon Amazon, release ze XCOM keys!

#1006 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

For Oblivion - you should ask for Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Version, since that comes w/ EVERYTHING - even including the 9 DLC's.

Oblivion GOTY (Regular) only comes w/ Oblivion + Shiv Isles + KOTN...
It's MISSING the 9 DLC's.

For some reason, Bethesda ain't selling a Separate "9 DLC Only Pack" - which would help those gamers out who ONLY have Oblivion GOTY (Regular) and might actually decide to upgrade just to get those 9 DLC's.

Edited by MysterD, 08 October 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#1007 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

No joke. It needs to have skyrim and dawnguard and cost $20. :lol:

Already own Skyrim (base game).
I basically want ONLY the DLC's...

#1008 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

That probably won't happen. Now if they had Fallout 3 and Oblivion for $9.99 or Fallout 3 and New Vegas I would still be all over that.

#1009 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Does anyone know if the key for Grand Ages Rome from the Viva Big Bundle of Games is for Steam? I tried it without luck. I'm downloading the game through Amazon to see if I have to enter that key in the software directly.

The other keys got activated in Steam succesfully (Cargo, Storm Frontline Nation and Shadow Harvest Phantom Ops).

#1010 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Is the code still working or not? It says "code is not valid"

#1011 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Does anyone know if the key for Grand Ages Rome from the Viva Big Bundle of Games is for Steam? I tried it without luck. I'm downloading the game through Amazon to see if I have to enter that key in the software directly.

The other keys got activated in Steam succesfully (Cargo, Storm Frontline Nation and Shadow Harvest Phantom Ops).

Wow, I didn't know any of those keys activated on Steam. Might keep an eye out on Storm and Shadow now.

It is one time use per account. If you already used it once that is why the error is coming up. If you haven't used it at all then the code might be dead.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#1012 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Gamersgate has Need for Speed Run for $5 today. I wish that Amazon would match that price as I have Amazon gift credits.

That PM probably won't happen...

See this - from Tony's Post #2 in the thread about important extra information:

Notes on price matching:

1. Amazon DVG doesn't match physical disc deals
2. AND doesn't match International digital download deals - i.e. Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, GOG & GetGamesGo.

#1013 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Wow, I didn't know any of those keys activated on Steam. Might keep an eye out on Storm and Shadow now.

It was a surprise for me too after buying the bundle for $10. Saw the View Product Key thing in my Library and just had to check them on Steam :lol:

#1014 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

No kidding!

#1015 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

That probably won't happen. Now if they had Fallout 3 and Oblivion for $9.99 or Fallout 3 and New Vegas I would still be all over that.

Steam had them all at $5 (not all of them GOTY) during summer. So I can see Tony donig a moro/oblivion for 5 and maybe the other two (f3 and LV) for say 7.50? You're prob right - 10 is a bit too cheap but maybe 12.50?

#1016 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Damn im missing tonys constant feedback. Hopefully hes back soon form his vacation :D.

#1017 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

OCTOFUN1 = 25% off whatever you buy.
I think it can ONLY be used once, though...

See this post here:

EDIT:
Yes, it's ONE time usage for this particular "OCTOFUN1" code, see here:

Thanks! I think I came too late :(

I only wanted Batman AC (already have AA GOTY)... and with that discount it would be a nice price!. I'll wait until next time...

#1018 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Got an email that XCOM has been charged. Says I should be able to download, but am not. Guessing there's just a slight delay?

#1019 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Gamersgate has Need for Speed Run for $5 today. I wish that Amazon would match that price as I have Amazon gift credits. I also wish Amazon would re-run the Need for Speed Collection again as I missed it the last time.

Hey man,

We'll be doing a Need for Speed sale in October. NFS: The Run for $5 will be part of it.

Stay tuned.

@TONY

Its crazy that we have the same dreams.

No kidding!

Damn im missing tonys constant feedback. Hopefully hes back soon form his vacation :D.

I'll be back in the office tomorrow. Sorry about the lack of responses :(, I was checking via mobile while on vacation :).

Thanks! I think I came too late :(

I only wanted Batman AC (already have AA GOTY)... and with that discount it would be a nice price!. I'll wait until next time...

The code is done for now, we're analyzing impact and determining if/when we want to run another.

Got an email that XCOM has been charged. Says I should be able to download, but am not. Guessing there's just a slight delay?

You should get your key by 9PM PST. With pre-orders like this we start processing payment a few hours early because there are so many orders.

There's a lot of technical wizadry that goes into changing the release date on a product (pre-load and key delivery are tied to release date/time) and we took ALOT of XCOM pre-orders, we didn't want to monkey around with it so close to release.
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1020 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

We'll be doing a Need for Speed sale in October. NFS: The Run for $5 will be part of it.

Stay tuned.

Sweet. I'll wait for you guys to come up w/ that deal - especially if you got some "OCTOFUN666" code w/ percent off going on or something. ;)

Its crazy that we have the same dreams.

Let us know when Zenimax/Bethesda deal w/ Amazon DVG becomes a reality!
Plz let it be soon! :D