Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#10561 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Man. This DLC talk gets me to thinking that this sounds a lot like the usual $5 codes. Which... would mean DLC works on them. So if you don't have one yet, what's stopping you? You buy the DLC, qualify for THIS $5 code, get a $5 code in Jan, and the purchase you make tomorrow/the upcoming days will get you ANOTHER $5.

#10562 baconcow

baconcow

Which company do I need to buy a game from to get 5$ towards Max Payne 3 by rockstar, would that be 2k? If so what is the cheapest 2k game since I own a bunch of em.

Max Payne is a Rockstar / Take Two Interactive game. I do not think there are any ties to 2K.

#10563 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Which company do I need to buy a game from to get 5$ towards Max Payne 3 by rockstar, would that be 2k? If so what is the cheapest 2k game since I own a bunch of em.

maybe you can grab it on the 2012 Editor's Choice Games

#10564 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just curious do those $5 promo things stack....?

#10565 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the coupons for previous purchases, that was pretty awesome from you guys and the pubs!

Is there any remote chance that the Amalur pack will return on the 25th? Having it < 10 would put it right into my "Can't pass it up" range (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone!)
Posted Image

#10566 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Ok, I don't remember what Tony said and I can't seem to gind his post, so here's my inquiry:

I received 3 Amazon/THQ emails and 2 Amazon/EA emails about $5 promos. Does that mean I have 3 THQ and 2 EA promos to use, or just 1 from both (as I have seen various CAGs state)?
76561198025510545.png

#10567 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Just curious do those $5 promo things stack....?

The Editor Choice credit doesn't stack, and the publisher coupons are one per publisher
Posted Image

#10568 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

I received 3 Amazon/THQ emails and 2 Amazon/EA emails about $5 promos.

For sake of curiosity: when did you make the orders that the promo emails were associated with? (I'm interested in whether the emails are send chronologically.)

#10569 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

For sake of curiosity: when did you make the orders that the promo emails were associated with? (I'm interested in whether the emails are send chronologically.)

I have no clue. I'll have to dig thru my Amazon purchases. I didn't even know I had THQ purchases...
76561198025510545.png

#10570 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Too bad the Crisis collection is off sale. Very few EA items to use the credit for if you are not into the sims or sport games.

I think I'll probably use mine on Alice Madness Returns, currently at $9.99 on Amazon. The coupon would make it $5.00; not a bad price at all.

(I would post a link for it, but I'm not sure how :))

#10571 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Only received email with Ubisoft coupon.Should be getting an EA and THQ soon too. Maybe 2K as well.. Waiting waiting

#10572 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the coupons for previous purchases, that was pretty awesome from you guys and the pubs!

Is there any remote chance that the Amalur pack will return on the 25th? Having it < 10 would put it right into my "Can't pass it up" range (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone!)

I have the same rule... But the Amalur pack is an exception because it includes 2 DLCs. And those DLC doesn't seems to be cheap ones. Besides that, it seems Amalur is somewhat difficult to get discounted since the company broke. Amazon appears to be the only one making it. Look at steam, can't remember the last time they had a sale on that game. And is VERY expensive

#10573 icefiresr

icefiresr

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Just received a THQ coupon. May I please know when the Darksiders 2 pack with all the DLC will be on sale again? Will it happen tomorrow? The coupon is for one day use only.

http://www.amazon.co...hildsplaycha-20

#10574 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just received a THQ coupon. May I please know when the Darksiders 2 pack with all the DLC will be on sale again? Will it happen tomorrow? The coupon is for one day only.

yes, tomorrow
Darksiders Franchise Pack _-_13.19

#10575 BradGrenz

BradGrenz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

It includes now. The only limiting factor is it is ONE coupon per publisher.

Hmm. I've gotten multiple emails about the EA coupon, in addition to my THQ and Ubisoft emails. Just an error? I did buy lots of EA stuff on Amazon this year. Maybe they'll stack!

I have the same rule... But the Amalur pack is an exception because it includes 2 DLCs. And those DLC doesn't seems to be cheap ones. Besides that, it seems Amalur is somewhat difficult to get discounted since the company broke. Amazon appears to be the only one making it. Look at steam, can't remember the last time they had a sale on that game. And is VERY expensive

38 Studios self-published that game on Steam. Since they went under and everything is in bankruptcy proceedings there is no one in authority who could authorize a sale price on Steam. EA published it everywhere else which is why Amazon and GamesGate have been able to offer sale prices.

#10576 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I don't think I would even pay $2.50 for some cosmetics, which I can unlock by playing the game and gamebreaking DLC, that need 3rd party program to lock it.
I will get Season Pass for free.
I would pick up Darksiders complete, but after THQ announced bankrupcy, I see it hitting $7.50 or less quite soon.
At least sooner than I would install it.

I sorta think it won't get priced less since once the new owners have full control, they have no more incentive to cut prices further since they paid for the assets based on what they are worth in bankruptcy. The company is probably trying to raise as much cash to make their balance sheet look better now to satisfy their bond holders as much as possible.

After the new bond holders take control, they would have full control to set prices at that point of the IP and THQ does have some properties which are decent.

I would move if the price is pretty much heavily below the standard 75% like the DoW pack on Steam. If you think about it, if you bought a property at a much lower value than what they are charging now, why would you cut prices even further and try to lose more money? They are probably just facing a cash crunch now.

If you look at Amalur, Steam pretty much sets the price since they have full control of a non-EA version of that game and the new owners of THQ can set prices and re-negotiate prices after that's all done.

#10577 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Would like to get a 5$ ea coupon, any cheap ea 5$ steam games anyone liked?

EA Steam games don't exist on Amazon. All Origin, all the time.

76561198039756693.png

#10578 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Would like to get a 5$ ea coupon, any cheap ea 5$ steam games anyone liked?

Syndicate WAS on sale for 5$... now there's not that much.

#10579 baconcow

baconcow

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033. I bought these games, just wondering if anyone received coupons for any of them:

Bioshock & Bioshock 2 [2K]
Borderlands 2 Season Pass [2K]
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings [2K]
Spec Ops: The Line [2K]

#10580 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033. I bought these games, just wondering if anyone received coupons for any of them:

I got a few of those and haven't gotten any 2K coupons.

#10581 try2catchmike

try2catchmike

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Has anyone made a list of the games that will be free/super cheap due to this deal? I'm guessing Amazon PM against Steam will make these coupons pretty good (assuming Steam puts some of this stuff on sale on the 25th)

Side note: Amazon is kicking ass, I bought a .99 SR3 DLC and got a $5 coupon to use in January and $5 off THQ product. That's pretty damn amazing. And actually when I saw how many promo codes popped up in my inbox I realized DAMN I bought a lot of games on Amazon this year.

#10582 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Just received a THQ coupon. May I please know when the Darksiders 2 pack with all the DLC will be on sale again? Will it happen tomorrow? The coupon is for one day use only.

http://www.amazon.co...hildsplaycha-20

yes, tomorrow
Darksiders Franchise Pack _-_13.19

Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10583 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

If only the KoA bundle was still on sale tomorrow! Aside from that, I'm not aware of any EA games/bundles that I'm interested in.

Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet? I only received my THQ coupon for buying Metro 2033.

I bought DNF and Bulletstorm in January, and haven't yet received coupons for either... but we're only a few hours in to the day, and Tony said he thinks it'll take most of the days to get all the coupons out.

#10584 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Did anyone receive their 2K coupons, yet?

Not a single coupon, yet, does this work retroactively or just for people purchasing after it was announced???

#10585 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I got a few of those and haven't gotten any 2K coupons.

Tony mentioned we won't get any e-mails about 2K coupons until 12/25.
I'm also waiting for my 2K $5 credit/coupon and put to good use next 26th :)

#10586 baconcow

baconcow

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Not a single coupon, yet, does this work retroactively or just for people purchasing after it was announced???

I bought Metro 2033 a long time ago, so it seems that if you purchased it in 2012, you're okay.

#10587 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.

But it was listed in the second post of this thread!

retroactively and after it was announced, until tonight at 23.59

#10588 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Well, whaddya know? I did buy THQ games: SR3 in July, Space Marine in April, RF:A in April.

EA games: Crysis 2 in January, Shift 2 in April, Syndicate in July, KoA in August, ME3 in August, Dead Space 1&2 in October, NFS: The Run in October, EA Niche gamer bundle in December

2K games: Darkness 2 in October, XCOM:EU in November

So, still missing a few emails.

Side note: good lord. I bought way more that i thought in 2012. And that doesn't include Paradox, Sega, Activision, etc...
76561198025510545.png

#10589 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I vote we start a charity for the hurt, angry children that don't know how to keep their mouths shut about good deals. Maybe that will shut them up and not hold back additional discounts for others...

#10590 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Scribblenauts is finally at a price where I want to buy it, and I can't because I live in Canada.

;_;