Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#10591 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Didnt received the 2k credits either.

#10592 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

But it was listed in the second post of this thread!

Nothing about these credits is listed in the 2nd post as of right now (or the first). If you are referring to the DSII deal, yes that was listed, which is why I bought it. You didn't actually read the post.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10593 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.

I'm not going to say your complaint isn't valid; I'm having the same problem and it's definitely worth addressing. I just hate it when people bring up how much they buy from amazon or follow Tony's thread when complaining.

You do that because Tony's doing an awesome job here, which makes you spending time in this thread worth it. Considering how easy it is to be a repeat customer, buying a lot of really great deals doesn't make your complaints any more important than anyone else's.

76561198039756693.png

#10594 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm not going to say your complaint isn't valid; I'm having the same problem and it's definitely worth addressing. I just hate it when people bring up how much they buy from amazon or follow Tony's thread when complaining.

You do that because Tony's doing an awesome job here, which makes you spending time in this thread worth it. Considering how easy it is to be a repeat customer, buying a lot of really great deals doesn't make your complaints any more important than anyone else's.

I didn't bring it up to infer my complaint was more important. I brought it up to counter some smart ass saying "Well, just buy something else from that publisher".

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10595 RankoRed

RankoRed

Oh, I can change this !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Is there any way to check what vouchers I have if I deleted the emails ?

#10596 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I didn't bring it up to infer my complaint was more important. I brought it up to counter some smart ass saying "Well, just buy something else from that publisher".

It seems a public forum is not the best place to make your petition. Did you consider a PM to Tony prior to complaining here or even a call to Amazons customer service? This thread is about announcing upcoming deals and providing feedback for future deals. Do we really need to state that a game should not go on sale cheaper for an arbitrary amount of time after a sale to make sure we don't hurt peoples feelings?

#10597 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Eh, people have mentioned that before in the thread and Tony has addressed it. Don't see why it's a problem. The Hitman sale being a recent example.

#10598 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hmmm ffxi 4.99 I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. I haven't played it in 4 years, but iv been getting an itch to start again. Anyone know if its worth it or should I let this sleeping dog lie?

#10599 MrWhitey

MrWhitey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Scribblenauts is finally at a price where I want to buy it, and I can't because I live in Canada.

;_;

Just use US address. And buy it.

#10600 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just use US address. And buy it.

That seems rather sketchy to me, won't my shit just get revoked since it doesn't match my CC adress?

#10601 mtommy79

mtommy79

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

That seems rather sketchy to me, won't my shit just get revoked since it doesn't match my CC adress?

check your PM

#10602 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Ask someone in the us to get it gifted to you

#10603 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Hmmm ffxi 4.99 I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. I haven't played it in 4 years, but iv been getting an itch to start again. Anyone know if its worth it or should I let this sleeping dog lie?

FFXI is still a jumbled pile of garbage.

Play if you feel like dusting off th ol' rose coloured glasses, if not, stay very far away from it.

#10604 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a THQ e-mail? I have the EA one, but no EA games I want, but would love Darksiders for ~$8. Alternatively, I'd be willing to buy an EA game for someone and give them the Steam keys in exchange for the Darksiders Steam keys.

#10605 RealySleepy

RealySleepy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I hope these new coupons stack because I got 5 THQ, 3 EA, and 2 Ubisoft coupons.

#10606 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a THQ e-mail? I have the EA one, but no EA games I want, but would love Darksiders for ~$8. Alternatively, I'd be willing to buy an EA game for someone and give them the Steam keys in exchange for the Darksiders Steam keys.

Nexuiz is 1$ :D

#10607 lilman

lilman

Grabbed Scribblenauts Unlimited at $7.50. Amazing price considering the Steam holiday sale the other day was for $20.

#10608 madnessnewb

madnessnewb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Where's the place where I can see all the credits that I have on my amazon account? I forgot :/

#10609 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.

I think a lot of people here run into this. I know I can't find an EA or 2k pack since I already have the stuff I want from the list. Maybe it's not from a few days ago, but I'm sure more than a handful is in the same shoes as you.

I really think their hands are sorta tied since if they want to generate revenue, they probably have to do a bit more to get the next batch of folks off the wall to buy something. One thing to also consider is Tony makes a decent effort to get better deals than Steam and most other places so faulting him for this or Amazon is a bit harsh I feel. We're all not happy when this happens, but the prices prior are pretty decent.

Maybe the best bet is to just hold off and have a very very small backlog since at the end of the day, the games can only get cheaper. Also, looking at the Steam trading thread, games I thought were cheap are even cheaper for sale. Most likely due to people having gift cards/trade ins so they are selling things from super sales even less. Sorta like people who got Sleeping dogs for $6 can sell it for that or around there or less than 9.99 for the DoW Pack.

That said, maybe like with buying stocks, maybe always have a buy list of stuff you won't play right away and just hold off until it comes with a crazy sale AND coupon or it's near free.

Only thing I can recommend since there's no benefit to have everything in your backlog since I'm sure someone out here has a key you might need if you need to play something right away.

#10610 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I got 7 EA promo credit emails, but haven't received anything for 2k or THQ yet.

#10611 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Can Tony please clarify if getting more emails means you can buy more than 1 item?

#10612 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Pretty sure Tony said it's a limit of one coupon per publisher purchase so even though people might get multiple codes there's a good chance you'll only be able to use one. I'm sure Tony will be able to confirm tomorrow.

#10613 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

missed out on Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack dam.....:wall:

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#10614 ccm0628

ccm0628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

I was really close to getting Scribblenauts on Steam for $20 last week. I'm glad I didn't. Picked up that and LEGO LOTR. Thanks Tony!

#10615 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Here is a custom search for cheap games arranged by publisher
link

Edit: nothing for EA under $2 so you may have to spend a little more. I haven't tried any demos to see if maybe they might qualify, might be worth a try.

#10616 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

If only the KoA bundle was still on sale tomorrow!

Yeah, no kidding!

I think I'm going to be down for a deal on AC:Rev, for sure.

Too bad about the $9.99 2K deal threshold. About the only thing of theirs I don't have is $4.99.

76561197971332172.png

#10617 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Got 4 emails from EA and one from Ubisoft. Didn't receive anything from 2k, THQ, Activision, Warner or Rockstar.

Tretton.png

#10618 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I don't think WB qualifies but I sure hope it does. But right now it seems that just Ubisoft, EA, THQ and 2K are the only publishers they are doing it for. Hopefully it is expanded to WB.

#10619 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Wow I got a whole bunch of EA emails - probably due to the sale last January, which I remember to be kinda similar to this (money off next EA purchase and then the EA games turned out to be $0-$3)

#10620 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I don't think WB qualifies but I sure hope it does. But right now it seems that just Ubisoft, EA, THQ and 2K are the only publishers they are doing it for. Hopefully it is expanded to WB.

Awww :cry: sad to hear. Scribblenauts from 2.50 with this credit would have been a Christmas miracle.

Tretton.png