Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#10861 matthewrex

matthewrex

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

It'll be available tomorrow, when it is on sale.

Sorry haven't seen them, what was the question?

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10862 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

I think everyone will agree, including Tony, that a big reason Amazon has been kicking butt for over a year is due to honest feedback from this thread and Tony using "The Force" on the Publishers. Private or public the feedback has been beneficial. I am not trying to stir the pot here, but I believe walkonshadows is just trying to give honest feedback on what this looks like to early adopters again. I do agree with walkonshadows from that point. I have a feeling I will be hesitant to jump on a 1st time deal at the last minute like I did with this one. I was an early adopter on the Paradox bundles and was rewarded. I was an early adopter in Darksiders II Complete and was not rewarded. You live and learn. Moving forward I will have to think more about the consequences on jumping on deal like this as an early adopter - again just honest feedback.

Please don't bash walkonshadows. He should not be bashed for giving his opinion. I don't believe he is trying to piss anyone off. He is just trying to show what it probably looks like to early adopters that may not have the CAG IQ to browse these boards.

Just my 2 cents...

Referring to someone who jumps on a deal early as an "early adopter" seems a bit weird to me, since I think that term normally means you would be taking a risk of some sort (buggy game, bad gameplay) just to get a chance to play the game a bit longer than those who wait a bit. I guess it is like jumping on a Steam -50% off price early in a sale window, only to see the game go -75% during a daily, or flash before the end of the window. The reality is the DS2 deal was extended and we did have warning. That said, I do appreciate why people are bummed out - as $5 will probably get you a THQ collection in 2 months :)

I guess I am coming at it from a slightly different perspective, as I have added 700+ games in the past 12 months, primarily due to Amazon's aggressive pricing, trading like a fiend and gala bundles. How many of those have I played? Maybe a few dozen. What we have all learned this past year or so is that PC games are dropping at insanely ridiculous rates (and not just the THQ stuff). Darksiders 2 has only been out for 4 months, and now the whole collection is 13 bucks (maybe 8 if you waited?) That is just plain crazy. Spec Ops for $5 (or less)?

At a certain point, we need to step back and recognize that Tony is certifiably insane. His insanity and access to both the publishers and the hamsters is our gain - especially for us late adopters :)

#10863 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

So will "Saints Row the Third The Full Package" still be at $7.49 when this coupon activates?

As for the e-mail situation: I got 2 THQ, 1 EA, and 0 2K; though I remember buying some 2K games earlier this year (The Darkness 2, Borderlands GOTY edition, Spec Ops: The Line, Sid Meier's Civilization V GOTY Edition). If it helps, here's what I bought this year from the other two companies. (EA: The Saboteur; THQ: Saints Row the Third, Darksiders)

EDIT: Ah, just saw that the 2K e-mails haven't been sent out yet.

Edited by Cao Cao, 24 December 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#10864 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Sorry haven't seen them, what was the question?

Cheers,
Tony

No worries, just making sure :)

Questions were about whether we can expect better discounts on older Call of Duty titles than the 50% currently on Steam?

#10865 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Referring to someone who jumps on a deal early as an "early adopter" seems a bit weird to me, since I think that term normally means you would be taking a risk of some sort (buggy game, bad gameplay) just to get a chance to play the game a bit longer than those who wait a bit. I guess it is like jumping on a Steam -50% off price early in a sale window, only to see the game go -75% during a daily, or flash before the end of the window. The reality is the DS2 deal was extended and we did have warning. That said, I do appreciate why people are bummed out - as $5 will probably get you a THQ collection in 2 months :)

I guess I am coming at it from a slightly different perspective, as I have added 700+ games in the past 12 months, primarily due to Amazon's aggressive pricing, trading like a fiend and gala bundles. How many of those have I played? Maybe a few dozen. What we have all learned this past year or so is that PC games are dropping at insanely ridiculous rates (and not just the THQ stuff). Darksiders 2 has only been out for 4 months, and now the whole collection is 13 bucks (maybe 8 if you waited?) That is just plain crazy. Spec Ops for $5 (or less)?

At a certain point, we need to step back and recognize that Tony is certifiably insane. His insanity and access to both the publishers and the hamsters is our gain - especially for us late adopters :)

It's true...I have issues.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#10866 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Here's the thing though...you are being rewarded for buying the pack...with $5. I know for a fact that some customers who bought the darksiders franchise pack are really excited to get the THQ medley for $5...what you're doing here is applying your specific situation to the entire population of people with coupons.

This may be a valid assumption, but it will take a few months of data collection and analysis to determine whether or not it is a fact.

Cheers,
Tony

I understand what you are saying. Things happen and you can never make everyone happy. Thanks for pulling this off in such short time and I am sorry if this come across as being ungrateful. I can honestly say that I have purchased more from Amazon than Steam due to your work. Merry Christmas!

Not trying to bash him myself. Just pointing out that things are out of our control and WE have to decide if we feel like we are ready to pounce on a deal we may feel be the best price we may be able to get. And we shouldn't make a big stink out of it when it goes on sale for cheaper later

I don't think anyone is bashing walkonshadows directly. This is a DEAL FORUM, we are just tired of people voicing their personal issues here. There are other forums on CAG that you can go to complain about why the car dealer gave the pretty blonde a better deal on the car than you, or why your literally PISSED OFF that you paid an extra buck or two for a video game in your backlogged than the guy who waited an extra day and used a coupon... There are other venues for drama, if you cannot voice constructively, take it to Slickdeals, because our community is better than that.

I wasn't try to call anyone out. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just trying to defend walkonshadows since I agreed to a point.

#10867 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Alright, serious question and apologies if it's been already answered in advance.

Are the prices we are seeing on the EA Holiday Present page the actual prices we'll see when the $5 coupon is activated? Or are they just the prices right now and thus subject to change?

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#10868 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Alright, serious question and apologies if it's been already answered in advance.

Are the prices we are seeing on the EA Holiday Present page the actual prices we'll see when the $5 coupon is activated? Or are they just the prices right now and thus subject to change?

See 1st/2nd post for the known pricing schedule.

#10869 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

It's true...I have issues.

Cheers,
Tony

Speaking of issues, I will neither confirm nor deny that I am allowing my wife to do all of the Christmas Eve preparations while I multitask upstairs. Multitasking in this instance includes me watching Rudolph with my 2 yr old, planning out what games I will be buying this week, comparing Steam's sale page and Amazon's and laughing, and daytrading on Steam market.

I will go downstairs when the apps are done, though.

#10870 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thread moving too quickly now.

#10871 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

I understand what you are saying. Things happen and you can never make everyone happy. Thanks for pulling this off in such short time and I am sorry if this come across as being ungrateful. I can honestly say that I have purchased more from Amazon than Steam due to your work. Merry Christmas!

I wasn't try to call anyone out. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just trying to defend walkonshadows since I agreed to a point.

No one should have to defend anyone else in this thread. We're all friend here.

Except MysterD.

Cheers,
Tony

P.S. Myst knows I love him.
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#10872 secularsage

secularsage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

The thing about rapid-fire deals and dynamic pricing is that you never know if you're going to see a better deal or not unless you've got some inside info. So, here's how I decide if a deal is "good enough":

1) Will the game likely come down in price before I'll get around to playing it? This has saved me from buying a lot of new releases that are "half price" at 29.99, but which I don't have time to mess with due to the other games I've bought on sale. Generally if you wait 6 months to a year, new releases can be found on sale for $15-20 or less (through bundles) via Steam, Amazon etc.

2) Will there be a more complete version of this available later on? in the era of DLC, this is a valid question, because often, publishers drop prices on games just before they launch a "GOLD" or "COMPLETE" edition which includes all the DLC and/or expansions. I held out on games like Fallout: New Vegas and Batman: Arkham City for this reason, and I was rewarded for my efforts.

3) Is it a bundle or a single purchase? Bundles have quickly become the best way to buy popular games. I've gotten far more mileage out of them than I ever get buying the games on sale a la carte. When I realized that Indie games are getting bundled like crazy, I stopped buying them on sale unless I really wanted to support them with a direct purchase.

4) Can I get a sale copy for a console? I either rent new releases on consoles or buy new releases on consoles when they're on sale and then resell them when I've finished playing through them. That way, I don't plunk too much into them, get the thrill of playing them out of my system and I can hold out for a long-term purchase on my PC at a much lower price. (By then, mods and patches have usually made the game worth a rebuy anyhow if it's worth owning.)

I realize I'm not nearly as skilled as some CAGs, but those rules help me to save a bundle and not to get mad if I miss the absolute lowest price. It does suck if you buy a game "on sale" for $9.99 one day and it's $4.99 the next in a flash sale. But if the game is worth owning, it's worth the risk of getting the sure-thing price and not holding out for a risky, but possible, ultra-low.

#10873 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

so no one got there 2k pomo's yet?

#10874 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I don't think anyone is bashing walkonshadows directly. This is a DEAL FORUM, we are just tired of people voicing their personal issues here. There are other forums on CAG that you can go to complain about why the car dealer gave the pretty blonde a better deal on the car than you, or why your literally PISSED OFF that you paid an extra buck or two for a video game in your backlogged than the guy who waited an extra day and used a coupon... There are other venues for drama, if you cannot voice constructively, take it to Slickdeals, because our community is better than that.

You would never see this kind of complaint on slickdeals. The folks there are used to others who paid more than us. Maybe you might hear someone going - Oh darn, I just bought that. But it's more like oh well, time to buy another for my wife, brother, sister, sell on ebay, etc.

The reason is because when we hear of someone complaining that he paid more it feeds the rest of our cold, dead hearts with joy. :bouncy:

Steam Keys for sale:

#10875 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

So Question for Tony:

It's Christmas Eve, Why are you still here working?

Though nothing wrong with spending time with us CAGers.

Also, a question I've been asking over and over again. Any chance to get a sale on The Enlightened Entertainment Package Again? It was $5.99 once in August?

Happy Holidays Everyone!
My GMG referral Link: GMG Link

If you're new to GMG, use the link above and we both get free $2 credit when you spend at least $2 on your first purchase.

#10876 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Low sleep here, which is why i'm probably not being as clear as i should be.

It can be used on any THQ product priced higher than $5. This is hard coded in our system so if, at time of checkout the price you would have paid is higher than $5 (I THINK pre-tax) you can use the credit. So, the Season Pass should work. I'll be testing at midnight.

Cheers,
Tony

So I could say get a few pieces of Darksiders 2 DLC (like the weapons are the only DLC from it I don't have) and then say some random small pieces of DLC from Saints Row 3 and as long as it totals $5 or more it will work, if so, excellent. Thank you

#10877 JostVice

JostVice

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'm sorry for repost Tony, hope you see it this time! :)

Anyway I was hoping to get Need For Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack DLC for $5 with the credit but the DLC is not in the EA Holiday Present list. Can you fix that Tony ?

Im up for this too!

Anyway, this is brilliant news Tony! Merry xmas to everyone! :D

Also, will you have stock on the Cities In Motion Collection?

#10878 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

so no one got there 2k pomo's yet?

Not as far as I know, no.

That one is supposed to take a little longer to backfill.

#10879 yknitS

yknitS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

You can use 2k coupons in 26, we can wait alittle more when Tony give 2k Coupons for everyone.

Is more important Ubisoft/EA/THQ Coupons because we can use only in 25

btw, where are my THQ Coupons? :( ah kidding :P

#10880 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

thanks motoki

#10881 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Jesus it is a $5 coupon that anyone can spend on any item from that publisher. This is a bonus $5. You can apply it toward any game, not just DS Pack. it can be a pre-order for Metro or South Park or maybe an older game like Saints Row 2. Hell, you could even buy a 2nd DS pack as a gift for a friend. You didn't get ripped off for getting an extra $5 toward any of the publisher's games, it is an extra bonus.
People find a way to complain about anything, typical self-entitlement complex that so many people suffer from.

#10882 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Don't let a few sour apples get you down Tony, me and thousands of gamers everywhere appreciate all of your hard work!

#10883 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Plus, that deal is starting on the 26th if I remember correctly, so probably the priority is getting the other coupons out first to all the customers.

Repeat Q for Tony/CAGers since this thread is going by so fast. Are the prices on the preview page pretty much the prices we'll see during the coupon redemption period, or just the prices as of right now and subject to change (higher or lower)?

Or if Tony has already answered this one or, better yet has returned to celebrating the holidays with his family, I would greatly appreciate if someone else with the answer since I'm going to skip catching up on this thread.

Steam Keys for sale:

#10884 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Can I buy some really cheap DLC and be eligible for coupons?

#10885 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Repeat Q for Tony/CAGers since this thread is going by so fast. Are the prices on the preview page pretty much the prices we'll see during the coupon redemption period, or just the prices as of right now and subject to change (higher or lower)?

Guess you missed it...

See 1st/2nd post for the known pricing schedule.

#10886 georgebot84

georgebot84

Has anyone gotten Ubisoft and THQ coupons, but not EA?

#10887 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I bought a THQ title but I only got the EA promo coupon. Will I still be getting the THQ one?

#10888 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

I bought a THQ title but I only got the EA promo coupon. Will I still be getting the THQ one?

Tony has stated he is actively working on the backfills...

#10889 roztworek

roztworek

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

me, still didn't got coupon for battlefield 3, and most likely some other games from ea

#10890 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Tony when are you going to list of the rest of the deals for tomorrow? Since it says on the second post there will be more and they will be impactful.