Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#11251 sixheavens

sixheavens

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Would be great if Amazon just got their mailing system working properly so Tony wouldn't have to deal with that nonsense...

It really needs to be better integrated on the website. I should be able to see all the credits on my account, even if they aren't able to used at the moment or what have you.

#11252 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Okay, so this is bugging me now. Got a couple questions on a game that's been on an unanounced sale for a while: Rayman Origins.

Tony, I'm aware that Amazon already has Rayman Origins for a cheaper price than Steam. Is it at all possible for you guys, like Steam, to get a DRM Free version of it, or even a Steam-redeemable one? Rayman Origins came in two varations: TAGES, DRM-Free. That's why on the Steam page for it it says that there's no third party DRM, Steam's just an installer basically. I'm not sure how integrated it is, but you can run the game standalone, without Steam, and be fine. It sucks that there's a very limited few groups who could get Rayman Origins; I knew retail had it like that but that's near non-existent far as I've looked, wasn't sure if Steam did or didn't but know now, and am wondering if you guys can be the other big dog with it. The game's long since past any "grace period" that could reasonably be expected for piracy measures on Ubisoft's end, so I'm hoping that something could be done (and if possible, make it for January! >_>)

I also find it weird that the game is just sort of there, not in any lists at all regarding a sale. Still, if there's anything you can do on it that'd be great.

I'm planning on buying this with my Ubisoft Coupon at once it's live. My brother owns it for his Vita and it looks pretty good (he loves it, but he's 9 so I don't know if that counts for much). Played Rayman's Jungle Run for my Galaxy S3 and it was a blast too, so for $5 after coupon, I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

I guess I'd also like any clarification on the DRM (or lack of) used in the Amazon DD version of Rayman Origins :) Thanks guys!

#11253 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

is the lego lotr worth buying? im a big fan of lotr but is it chilidish?

http://www.cheapassg...line=1354310363

Spoiler

#11254 sixheavens

sixheavens

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

is the lego lotr worth buying? im a big fan of lotr but is it chilidish?

To me it looked like a silly take on LOTR. They literally kept the same scenes and dialogue but add in these whacky moments to poke fun at it all. The gameplay seems like standard Lego game style. Watch this Giant Bomb quick look for a good idea of what it's like.

#11255 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Anyone else waiting on their THQ coupon?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11256 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

I'm planning on buying this with my Ubisoft Coupon at once it's live. My brother owns it for his Vita and it looks pretty good (he loves it, but he's 9 so I don't know if that counts for much). Played Rayman's Jungle Run for my Galaxy S3 and it was a blast too, so for $5 after coupon, I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

I guess I'd also like any clarification on the DRM (or lack of) used in the Amazon DD version of Rayman Origins :) Thanks guys!

Solidshield from TAGES (5 Machine Activation Limit if i'm not mistaken)

Tretton.png

#11257 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

And just for the sake of doing a "me too" post:
I've received coupon emails for EA and THQ purchases (Jan, ~12hrs ago respectively), but not for my Ubisoft purchase (early last week.)

And I don't have my 2K cou... :fridge:

#11258 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

I am. Debating if I should just buy something cheap to get the emails unclogged like it has for other people.

#11259 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Dammit, I'm not a kid anymore; why do I hafta wait anxiously on Xmas Eve to open my present redeem my coupon!

I WANT MY TOY NOW
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11260 homeland

homeland

woman wooh man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

still haven't received any emails either. Specifically THQ, If Tony sees this, Can you just give us a heads up when all emails are out so we know if we have an issue and need to contact support. Thanks!

#11261 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

To me it looked like a silly take on LOTR. They literally kept the same scenes and dialogue but add in these whacky moments to poke fun at it all. The gameplay seems like standard Lego game style. Watch this Giant Bomb quick look for a good idea of what it's like.

hmmm thanks for the video, game is exactly like the movie but lego...ill probably have to pass for now and get it later if it gets any cheaper in the future. If only steam had the hobbit...ill probably cash out for it

#11262 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I gave up waiting. I just bought a 33 cent DLC and got a promo email instantly.

#11263 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I am. Debating if I should just buy something cheap to get the emails unclogged like it has for other people.

It doesn't get the email "unclogged". You just get a coupon for that specific purchase. It's a fairly good idea if you want something and your only missing coupon is THQ, but if you're missing an EA coupon for instance, buying something cheap from THQ isn't going to help. Also, nothing from EA is dirt cheap so if you already have everything, there's nothing to buy to get your EA coupon earlier either.. :(

#11264 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT1: Understood, its not Dec. 25 everywhere.

EDIT2: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present and THQ Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! Are prices going to change for this promo?

I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.

Edited by ochentay4, 25 December 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#11265 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone!

All Amazon deals go by PST, so you'll need to wait another 2 Hours for Amazon to think it's Christmas. Merry christmas btw :)

Solidshield from TAGES (5 Machine Activation Limit if i'm not mistaken)

Thanks man. Even though I'd rather not deal with DRM, I think I'll still bite on this. Anyone else with me? :D

Any chance the DRM will be patched out in the future? :(

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high!

I'm getting Alice:Madness returns (not complete) for $5 with the coupon (If my EA coupon ever arrives that is V_V ). I've always wanted this game and never seem to be able to get it when it's on sale. Pretty weird now that I think about it..

#11266 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

:cry: I was waiting for the Total War bundle on sale, and I've just discovered that it was on sale... one/two days ago.

Derp of the year.

#11267 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

It's not December 25th everywhere. You need to wait for us on the west coast.

#11268 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

@TONY
Will the Dec 25th coupons be ready to be able to be used at 12:01am PST / 3:01am EST?

#11269 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.

Seattle != Argentina

#11270 jrodri86

jrodri86

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Any chance the DRM will be patched out in the future? :(

It may get patched, Far Cry 2 and the first AC are DRM free now on most of digital stores (including Amazon). But i think it will take some time for this to happen. It's a crappy shot taking in consideration that we are talking about Ubisoft and their DRM policy.

Tretton.png

#11271 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

(raises hand)

#11272 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.

AC:R for $2.49 is high?

Also, yes, I will give a heads up when i have confirmation the emails should have gone out.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#11273 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present and THQ Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! Are prices going to change for this promo?

I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.

It needs to be December 25th PST (so, about an hour and a half from now)
Posted Image

#11274 jrodri86

jrodri86

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Question, does the SRTT full package comes with separate keys or only one? I already own SRTT but non of the DLC. If it's only one key then i rather wait to see if it goes on sale on January and grab the Season Pass for free.

Tretton.png

#11275 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high!

Am I the only one here who can't wait to jump on Alice: Madness Returns for $5 ? I mean it was just discounted for $15, and although that was the complete edition, with the original Alice, as well as some DLC, its still $10 cheaper...

#11276 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Am I the only one here who can't wait to jump on Alice: Madness Returns for $5 ? I mean it was just discounted for $15, and although that was the complete edition, with the original Alice, as well as some DLC, its still $10 cheaper...

Already own Alice Madness Returns.

#11277 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I got Alice on GamersGate months ago for 3 bucks.. so no Alice for me, also, it bored me and Alice (old version) is still unfinished on an old dvd lost on my room. It was better than current Alice though.

#11278 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

I gave up waiting. I just bought a 33 cent DLC and got a promo email instantly.

Link?? Suggestions?? I really commend Tony for wanting to do this retroactively but it must be one f***** daunting task.

PS
Meant that in *the best possible way* and I don't have any problem in making a cheap purchase to get the coupon

#11279 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Question, does the SRTT full package comes with separate keys or only one? I already own SRTT but non of the DLC. If it's only one key then i rather wait to see if it goes on sale on January and grab the Season Pass for free.

1 key. I pulled the trigger since I already got SRTT really cheap from the THQ Humble Bundle.

#11280 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

When I first got into buying PC DD games, Alice was on sale for $5 pretty often, but I never pulled the trigger even though I was sort of interested in it. Guess that sort of regret has made me really want to buy the game. For some reason EA doesn't list it in my country's Steam store. It used to be, but it was $50 when it was $20 in the US, so I never got to buy it on Steam like I had hoped..