Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#11671 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

SO I cant get max payne 3 for 9.99 I see.
so if it is the same price as steam, is there any point in getting it from amazon?
New to the amazon thing, saw it gave some bonus in January but I dont think I would use that. I mean should I just wait and see if it is 14.99 in january since i have a 5$ coupon already?

how does the editor thing work, they pick the top sales from now and repeat them?

-Supporting Amazon because they've been very good to the customers

-Way better customer support

-You own games for life, no matter what activation limit a game may have

-Easier with Amazon credit

-You get a $5 promo credit

fs_pc.png

#11672 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Damn nothing really for sale for EA guess I will let that coupon go to waste.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#11673 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Are there still more deals to come for today or are the 12/25-12/27 and 12/25 deals in the OP the only ones?

Not sure if I understood 'impactful' wrong, but for the most part, today's deals seem to be same (both game- and price-wise) we had during the Cyber Monday sale, no?

Yeah that post was made when we were still deciding if we were going to take any of those deals down further in price. We ended up deciding not to go further since these were the deals we ran during Black Friday (you might have missed the few pages of disappointment around the $5 coupon promotion). Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#11674 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony

It's always amazing how the minorities always manage to spoil it for everyone.

Thanks for my thq coupon, I'm a happy camper right now, Merry Xmas Santa Tony!!

#11675 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Yeah that post was made when we were still deciding if we were going to take any of those deals down further in price. We ended up deciding not to go further since these were the deals we ran during Black Friday (you might have missed the few pages of disappointment around the $5 coupon promotion). Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey, thanks for all your hard work either way.. Not upset with any deals you've had.. I've bought more off of amazon that I have steam... seems to be the norm though.
Posted Image

#11676 iamtorsoul

iamtorsoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Picked up the Darksiders Franchise pack. Couldn't beat $8.19. Now to decide what to use my EA coupon on...

#11677 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony, I may sound a little (:cry:) annoying... but is there going to be any deal on the total war grand master bundle? since the dlc-less version with viking is 20$ now?

#11678 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Out of curiosity, was there a lot of rage on other forums? Seems like there was maybe a handful of people really upset about it here. Seems odd the promo would be altered or held back for them when I thought the majority was happy with it.

#11679 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Not all of us feel that way. Don't let it get to you too much. There are still MANY of us who very much appreciate yours and Amazon's hard work. I for one thank you for this GIFT.

#11680 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D

I though Ubi removed ALL DRM except uPlay?

And Ubi also said Rayman would have no DRM

#11681 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Out of curiosity, was there a lot of rage on other forums? Seems like there was maybe a handful of people really upset about it here. Seems odd the promo would be altered or held back for them when I thought the majority was happy with it.

No, but there was enough negative sentiment here, combined with the data analysis and projection around the strength of the deals we have in place (they are doing really well) to merit not risking further kicking the hornet's nest.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#11682 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I though Ubi removed ALL DRM except uPlay?

And Ubi also said Rayman would have no DRM

The whole thing was more like a big PR damage control event, it gave the impression they were going to correct all wrongs, yet they didn't, only their new releases come with uplay only.

No, but there was enough negative sentiment here, combined with the data analysis and projection around the strength of the deals we have in place (they are doing really well) to merit not risking further kicking the hornet's nest.

Cheers,
Tony

That is what we are trying to tell you, any negative sentiment to be found came from a handful of persons, maybe not even a handful, the vast majority remained positive about your work.

The whole affair was embarrassing, Steam sales have (had) always been like that, you grabbed a game at 66% regular sale one day and chances were the next you could see it at 75% daily sale, and life kept going forward.

#11683 bleenr1

bleenr1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Do we get a $5 2k credit if we have bought CivV: Gods and Kings?

#11684 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

The whole thing was more like a big PR damage control event, it gave the impression they were going to correct all wrongs, yet they didn't, only their new releases come with uplay only.

Figures that's what they where doing. Can't imagine them removing from existing games .. that would require work an patches :)

But I did see that Steam version is DRM free .. :)

#11685 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Can you do me a favor and send me 1 order id from each publisher you qualify for credit from. I'll try to get it sorted before I get on my plane.

Edit: Getting on a plane soon so needs to be in the next hour and a half or so, otherwise I likely won't be able to get it as I'm flying across the country.

Cheers,
Tony

PM sent. I bought the SR3 full package on 12/23 but got no code, and there's no discount showing up in my cart.

I did get a UbiSoft coupon for a prior purchase, but for some reason the THQ order didn't get picked up, and I really wanted to get either Darksiders II or Saints Row 2.

Thanks! Hope it reaches you before you get on the plane.

#11686 mattrobertsjr

mattrobertsjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

is beyond good & evil steam game?

#11687 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I have $3 promotion on top of $5 for THQ. I could either get DS Franchise for $5 or SRTT for free. Choices, choices... Any chance DS2 + DLC will ever be back down to $5 again? THQ is bankrupt after all.

#11688 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Tony,

Thanks for your diligent and hard work. Not many would spend half of their Christmas break catering to customers on a 3rd party forum. Thanks again, hopefully you had a Merry Christmas.

Keep the deals coming.

#11689 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Whats the best Assassin's Creed game to use the coupon on for someone new to the series? I actually got Assassin's Creed 3 for free today buying a Solid State Drive from Newegg. For those interested, today only sale,

Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128gb, only 119.99 and comes with a free copy of Assassin's Creed 3. Great deal for anyone in the market for an SSD, the free game is just a bonus.

So, what's the best Assassin's Creed to start with as I have a Ubisoft coupon to use today.

#11690 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

.................... Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.........

GOOD JOB PEOPLE!!! :wall:

O well, I'm still grabbing that 2K pack tomorrow!!! W00T! Thanks Tony!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#11691 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Never thought I'd say this, but: Eff steam (their holiday sale anyway, the worst ever). At least someone is picking up the slack, and doing a great job at it. Merry christmas everyone!

I'm actually glad Steam has another legitimate -- nay, dominating -- competitor :) I lurve scrounging for weirdo pricing glitches at Gamersgate and the occasional great deal at other digital distributors, but the great bundles, coupons, this awesome thread, and Tony have completely swung me around to almost exclusively Amazon for my PCDD shopping this year.

#11692 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Ahh bummer, I had multiple THQ promotion codes emails, and when I tried to buy a 2nd copy of SRT it shows up as full price (7.49), I was planning on buying copies for my sons friends.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#11693 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

So awesome to finally have those Genesis Classics on Steam. My neighbors are having to deal with chiptunes blasting far louder than they should be on any day let alone Christmas day.
sudo mklove

#11694 malbrax

malbrax

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Whats the best Assassin's Creed game to use the coupon on for someone new to the series? I actually got Assassin's Creed 3 for free today buying a Solid State Drive from Newegg. For those interested, today only sale,

Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128gb, only 119.99 and comes with a free copy of Assassin's Creed 3. Great deal for anyone in the market for an SSD, the free game is just a bonus.

So, what's the best Assassin's Creed to start with as I have a Ubisoft coupon to use today.

Assassin's Creed 2 :)

#11695 Wulfgr

Wulfgr

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I just bought Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition today from Amazon.com, will I still get a $5 coupon ?

It's the only Ubisoft game I purchased this year from Amazon.

#11696 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

So awesome to finally have those Genesis Classics on Steam. My neighbors are having to deal with chiptunes blasting far louder than they should be on any day let alone Christmas day.

Playing Kid Chameleon any? I've been playing that game since the sixth grade, and I still haven't beaten it. (I'm 30.)

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#11697 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Playing Kid Chameleon any? I've been playing that game since the sixth grade, and I still haven't beaten it. (I'm 30.)

One of my favorites. I beat it once when I was a kid but used a lot of the warps to do so.

I basically replaced most of my original Genesis library, which I sold long ago, in this one $5 purchase.:applause:

*turn-up volume, load Phantasy Star IV title screen, walk away and let the neighbors deal with it*;)
sudo mklove

#11698 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I still didn't get the THQ/2K credit...

#11699 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Allright we need an official word on this. Tony any idea of the DRM on Rayman Origins? The store page says is Solidsheild but some CAGs are reporting that the game might be DRM Free but i would like an official word on it to give you guys my money. Thanks in advance.

Tretton.png

#11700 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Are there still going to be more "impactful" deals as alluded to in the second post?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....