Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#11881 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

No Fluxy...Merry Christmas...TO YOU!

Hope you're having a good one!

Cheers,
Tony

i am actually having a good christmas, thanks to the nba2k13 price, such a steal for 16 bucks thanks tony

#11882 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Sorry should have been clearer. The sentiment around the coupons fot about 10 pages yesterday way "not cool I would have waited to buy the THQ stuff." Same concept here.

Cheers,
Tony

Seriously Tony?? We all have to pay for a couple of wuzzies that threw a fit over a few bucks??

Those people should be banned from this thread dammit!

#11883 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Imo, the issue is with how EA treated this coupon issue, raising most prices so that even with a $5 coupon I can't see anything worth buying other than the Burning Storming Reflecting pack (but I already own 3 of those).

Damnit! The complainers ruined it for everyone :cry:

and now I'm turning into a complainer! lol

Don't get me started on complainers!

Spoiler
Also I'm stuck in Orlando Airport and it sucks :(.

Cheers
Tony

Ick, at least it's a nice little airport. Tampa greyhound station on New Year's Day is completely another matter.

Spoiler
I actually wanted to play it. I guess I'll just have to pick it up next time it goes on sale.

All this game playing talk is really invading the buying threads. ^_~ I blame the Steam "sale."

I picked up DS2 Season Pass for THQ since I don't have any DLC for that game yet, and the burning, whatever...5 pack for EA (Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, The Sabateur) The EA pack I've never really wanted any of those games, but hey it was a good deal and I'm sure I can get some enjoyment out of them.

Bulletstorm is a fun slightly crass romp. Burnout Parasise is great. Mirror's Edge is interesting -- you haven't played anything quite like it (and the first? game to feature PhysX). No experience with the others.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#11884 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

My two promos were for items in free-to-play games. So yeah...can it already.;)
sudo mklove

#11885 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Seriously Tony?? We all have to pay for a couple of wuzzies that threw a fit over a few bucks??

Those people should be banned from this thread dammit!

Lol, thinking of it as punishment is kind of harsh. You should be jazzed that we'll finally have an answer to the age old question, "is this a vocal minority?"

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#11886 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

hey Tony, do you have any information on what the supposed Civ deals there will be on the 28th?

#11887 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm sure this has been asked before, I bought two games on Amazon today, does that mean I get 1 or 2 $5 credits? Also, When do we get the codes for the credit?

#11888 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

soooo how do you apply it? I bought THQ medley and Darksiders 2 isnt going down in price
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#11889 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

hey Tony, do you have any information on what the supposed Civ deals there will be on the 28th?

Yeah but I need to format all the links and such. I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in Seattle. If I don't pass out on the flight I'll format offline on the plane and do it when I get home.

I'm pretty tired though so this might not happen in flight.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#11890 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Lol, thinking of it as punishment is kind of harsh.

It feels that way though. I feel like I am in grade school and the whole class got punished because two or three kids were acting up.

steam_sig.png

#11891 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

More information benefits everyone. Also remember companies test stuff all the time, you all just have someone to tell you about what we're testing and why.

My only suggestion is if it is possible to create a separate thread to discuss feelings and impacts about deals, and keep this one about actual deals. It's kind of hard to wade through all the posts complaining about this (not just the ones about complaints, but the ones complaining about complaints).

I just want to find the best deals for the current promotions!

#11892 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yeah but I need to format all the links and such. I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in Seattle. If I don't pass out on the flight I'll format offline on the plane and do it when I get home.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks. Get some sleep, you need it. And thanks for all the amazing deals.

#11893 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

I got my 2k promo as well. I really can't find much use for this since I already PAID MORE for the stuff before the coupon <laugh>. If someone still needs Bioshock 1&2 for cheap, let me know and maybe I'll pick up Spec Ops.

Spec Ops is totally worth it. The story is top notch. I happily paid $20 for that pack.

i agree with this statement, i paid full price for digital saint row 3,Darksider 2, Borderlands 2 an X com when they first came out, few month later their price drop a lot but i don't mind i got too enjoy those game at price i thought was worth it

Full price?!? Lots of CAGs pre-ordered but none of them paid full price. Tony had a nice BL2 pre-order promo in this very thread. (DS2 as well iirc)

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#11894 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

That's usually the first post; that's where Tony makes his updates.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#11895 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

And oddly enough, I won't complain because I thought they were worth $7.50 when I bought them, that was the price that I as an adult who makes my own decisions chose to pay and I'm not going to whine about it if someone gets them for $2.50 next month.

That's life. If I really didn't think they were worth $7.50 I wouldn't have bought them but I did and I am perfectly content with that decision.

I also think letting a few vocal complainers on the internet influence pricing decisions is just nuts. No matter what you do someone will be unhappy. That's life.

I am also quite unconvinced on this whole macro level thing. I think people that sit around camped out at the computer and watch every damned price shift are a minority. They seem like the majority here because that's the nature of this forum but most people I know don't obsess over price differences like people do here.

But it's not my job to worry about these sorts of micro/macro customer feelings so I concede there may be factors I am not seeing.

i agree, its only 5 bucks guys 7.50 is pretty darn cheap for some good games. pretty sad how people want it lower than it already is. how is amazon and the developers going to make profit then..fucked up christmas spirit

Edited by Fluxy, 25 December 2012 - 10:49 PM.
i did not put up after shaq fu

#11896 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Lol, thinking of it as punishment is kind of harsh. You should be jazzed that we'll finally have an answer to the age old question, "is this a vocal minority?"

Cheers,
Tony

Why oh why we all have to suffer?!?!

Honestly I hope you care to share that data with us, it'd be interesting to see what the numbers show.

#11897 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Good Lord, people. It is what it is. Move on.

#11898 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

My only suggestion is if it is possible to create a separate thread to discuss feelings and impacts about deals, and keep this one about actual deals. It's kind of hard to wade through all the posts complaining about this (not just the ones about complaints, but the ones complaining about complaints).

You're new here, huh? You don't need to look further than the OP for that. Sure it might get updated minutes, even hours later, but that's all you need. And seriously without feelings involved why even bother with video games?

Why oh why we all have to suffer?!?!

That there are a large number of tough guys who are in touch with their inner drama queen.

#11899 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

That's usually the first post; that's where Tony makes his updates.

There are plenty of times when Tony doesn't update it, or the deal is about a pricematch which doesn't make it to the OP. I also like reading posts by users explaining why this deal is better than that deal.

#11900 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I might be part of the vocal minority on this issue, BUT...

I say get some rest. You were up late last night making sure the coupons went out smoothly despite some last-minute technical issues. I think you and your dev did great work!

We can handle not knowing about a deal 3 days in advance. This time. ;)

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#11901 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

You're new here, huh? You don't need to look further than the OP for that. Sure it might get updated minutes, even hours later, but that's all you need. And seriously without feelings involved why even bother with video games?

New here? Please. I've been posting here before you were a member. I don't need to read your posts over and over in this thread complaining or asking the same questions over and over.

#11902 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Sure, remember I don't own this thread or forum, Cheapy does. He and I have a great relationship but I'm not going to dictate what people can and can't do in any thread, even one I provide most of the updates for.

The only exception is when we get trolls in here or people start calling names. Then I say something, but even then I reach out to Cheapy either before or immediately after.

If you want an "Amazon feedback thread" on the sale site, I'd love to help field questions and take feedback.

i agree, its only 5 bucks guys 7.50 is pretty darn cheap for some good games. pretty sad how people want it lower than it already is. how is amazon and the developers going to make profit then..fucked up christmas spirit

To be clear, I don't think our profitability should ever be a non-Amazon employee's concern (so you guys). That's my job, you all should be focused on getting the best content you can at the best value, however you define value. Some define it as straight amount paid for a game, others define it as getting to play day 1 with everyone else, others want all DLC at launch or when on promotion, etc.

We'll worry about profit, and I'll try to be as transparent about it as possible while we do :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#11903 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

I can't believe people are crying because he doesn't want to sell you Syndicate for less than 25 cents.

#11904 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

New here? Please. I've been posting here before you were a member. I don't need to read your posts over and over in this thread complaining or asking the same questions over and over.

Thread obviously. Then don't.

#11905 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

#11906 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I think you missed my previous post. To summarize:

You're looking at this at the Micro level as "people on CAG complained so there isn't a price match". We're looking at it from a Macro level and want to find out "is this sentiment something widespread and impacting the business?".

We'll wrap a battery of analysis around people who purchased the THQ products from us prior to the couponing and how they responded over time and do the same with Syndicate purchasers. This will give a quantified look at how this type of promotion impacts the business long term.

Again, we're collecting data not shooting from the hip, and the end goal is to create a better experience for the customer.

Cheers,
Tony

It still seems extremely silly and nonsensical, no matter what analytical spin is put on it. Something goes on sale, people buy it, later it goes on sale for cheaper, those people complain. This is standard fare since the dawn of the digital gaming age; does it really take that much analysis to figure that out?

But alright, like Mooby said, it is what it is. It "is" stupid, but oh well.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11907 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

To be clear, I don't think our profitability should ever be a non-Amazon employee's concern (so you guys). That's my job, you all should be focused on getting the best content you can at the best value, however you define value. Some define it as straight amount paid for a game, others define it as getting to play day 1 with everyone else, others want all DLC at launch or when on promotion, etc.

We'll worry about profit, and I'll try to be as transparent about it as possible while we do :).

Cheers,
Tony

Well said.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#11908 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hey tony, When are the $5 codes going to be sent out?

#11909 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Just got my 2K $5 coupon! Here I come 2K Strat Pack!
Thanks Tony!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#11910 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

Lol never change Mooby. You've quickly risen to one of my favorite people on the earth.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"