Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#1201 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Pretty much this completely when it comes to Amazon now. Everyone who bought bundles with games for $3-4 each were total idiots (myself included), now the bundles have games for $1.42 each!

And to change the subject and ask a legitimate question: Any update on the Call of Duty sale you mentioned, Tony? Can you please sell your soul to Activision the devil so that we can get a wicked good bundle deal on MW1-3, Black Ops, and WaW? I think we can agree that $19.99 sounds fair, yes? ;)

If he's going to sell his soul, he should probably include Black Ops 2, CoD 1-3, and all DLC/expansions for every CoD game ever made. Plus, a handwritten note from Bobby Kotick apologizing for what he did to the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk franchises along with a promise to stop milking Call of Duty recklessly.

And a cupcake. Every day.

Forever. Once you die, they could get a new address and ship the cupcake to your heirs to be divvied up as they see fit.

If souls are involved.

#1202 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Can we all agree that Tony is a wizard now?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#1203 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

It is an amazing bundle. I'd be excited if I didn't already own all of those barring QC.

Missing Link shows up as a separate game/entry in Steam so I imagine it is a separate key.

You're right, there's no DXHR goty, and Amazon hasn't had combo codes before. Thanks for logicing that one out. DLC for me and extra games to my cousin I that case.

#1204 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Pretty much this completely when it comes to Amazon now. Everyone who bought bundles with games for $3-4 each were total idiots (myself included), now the bundles have games for $1.42 each!

Happily, the games that I'm most interested in from the bundle I've not only bought but actually played. In the case of JC2, I've played it into the ground :lol:

It's when your backlog games hit $1.42 that it hurts.

#1205 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

If Supreme Commander 2 does not come with the Infinite War Battle Pack DLC then do yourself a favor and do not play the game until you also buy the DLC. Your first impression of the game is that it is a little light on content and units. The DLC takes care of all that. Consider it to be essential.

If you buy games at a price you like and then play them you really can't complain.

But if you're the kind of person that hoards games you can't play... and then allow yourself to be bugged by the inevitable lower price point, then yes you're an idiot. I mean that only in the nicest possible way.

76561197971332172.png

#1206 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hi Tony,

Can Amazon price match the Focus Home Interactive weekend sale on Steam?

Specifically the Wargame: European Escalation game currently on sale for $9.99 (75% Off)

I would rather buy it from Amazon :D

#1207 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'd like a price match on the Pendulo Adventure Pack actually. The games are all on Amazon already.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#1208 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Can we all agree that Tony is a wizard now?

Only a matter of time before he splits his soul into seven pieces and stores each piece into a different game.

#1209 ConfUzeD

ConfUzeD

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Can we get a pricematch on the Focus Steam deals Big T?

Thanks!

#1210 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Another vote for this one! I'd love to buy the Sherlock Holmes Collection and some of the Pendulo games I'm missing from Amazon instead of Steam (and dare I hope for DRM-free?)

#1211 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Already own the games I want from that pack but informed a couple of friends who hadn't picked up Deus Ex or Quantum Conundrum yet. Sweet bundle deal.

#1212 Soljah

Soljah

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

What happened to 99c release day delivery?

#1213 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

We don't pay for delivery up in this thread, son.

#1214 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hi Tony,

Can Amazon price match the Focus Home Interactive weekend sale on Steam?

Specifically the Wargame: European Escalation game currently on sale for $9.99 (75% Off)

I would rather buy it from Amazon :D

Thanks!

Another vote for this one! I'd love to buy the Sherlock Holmes Collection and some of the Pendulo games I'm missing from Amazon instead of Steam (and dare I hope for DRM-free?)

Hamsters are running.

Unicorns.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1215 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hamsters are running.

Unicorns.

Cheers,
Tony

Small mammals and mythical creatures are stealing all our good American jobs!

You're part of the problem, Tony. I hope you're happy.

#1216 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

You're right.

It's a slippery slope before Microsoft owns your house and steals your children.

Absolutely right, microsoft definitely isn't known for shoehorning their way into new markets by illegally using their monopoly as leverage to push out the competition by smaller companies.

Never ever happened once! Valve needs to take off the tin-foil hat obviously.

#1217 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hey T,

What do you think of this?

Strategy First - SFI Super Bundle - 29 games for $9.99 + Charity

#1218 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey T,

I think I'm calling my SFI guy...wow...

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1219 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

That would be awesome! The only reason I haven't bought the Sherlock Holmes on Steam is because the Jack the Ripper game has Tages DRM :cry:

#1220 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I bought the old SE bundle(with JC2 and SC2) in amazon, If I buy the upcoming bundle I will have two JC2 and SC2 in my download library right?

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#1221 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I bought the old SE bundle(with JC2 and SC2) in amazon, If I buy the upcoming bundle I will have two JC2 and SC2 in my download library right?

You'll have 2 codes for each game.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#1222 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hey T,

It might be a good sign, maybe they're trying to get a slice on the sale of the games before allowing Amazon to do their own, so it might be close to approval from them.
Posted Image

#1223 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

You'll have 2 codes for each game.

Thanks for the reply.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#1224 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hopefully the SF Bundle is in the works :D

P.S. - SF Bundle needs Pathologic!!! Make sure this game is included
http://www.amazon.co...ords=pathologic

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1225 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Tony,

I know this has probably been asked before but:

Are there any plans for you guys to have your own game client similar to Steam, but probably more like GOG? It'd be really nice if there were a standalone desktop (Windows) application that you could sign in to with your Amazon account and get a list of your available downloads. It could be used like a download manager / content delivery system.

With SO many great deals on Amazon lately, I'd be more tempted to bite on some of the non-Steam deals if there were an easier way to keep track of it all. No offense, but your "Download History" screen or whatever is a bit of a mess.

Just my two cents - keep up the great deals!

#1226 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Absolutely right, microsoft definitely isn't known for shoehorning their way into new markets by illegally using their monopoly as leverage to push out the competition by smaller companies.

Never ever happened once! Valve needs to take off the tin-foil hat obviously.

It's less about the possibility that Microsoft may do something along those lines, as their business practices have been anything but respectable in the past, and more to do with my own weariness over the knowing, prophetic tone people use to attack a product and service that isn't even publicly available yet.

Personally, I think we're in a technical landscape where both consumers are savvy enough to recognize the obtrusive practices of Microsoft's past and reject them, while Microsoft, if they plan to continue to be viable as a company in a way that they clearly are aiming for, doesn't plan to shoot itself in the foot by alienating those consumers. But this is something we can't possibly know until Windows 8 is in wide release and the Windows store matures over the next several years.

I don't have much respect for reductionist theories disguised as knowing snark.

I also don't have a whole lot of faith in the Windows Marketplace being particularly successful or useful, especially for end users like you or me. I just don't think it's going to be all that offensive, either.

And this is probably absolutely not the venue for this conversation. :-#

Tony,

Are there any plans for you guys to have your own game client similar to Steam, but probably more like GOG? It'd be really nice if there were a standalone desktop (Windows) application that you could sign in to with your Amazon account and get a list of your available downloads. It could be used like a download manager / content delivery system.

With SO many great deals on Amazon lately, I'd be more tempted to bite on some of the non-Steam deals if there were an easier way to keep track of it all. No offense, but your "Download History" screen or whatever is a bit of a mess.

Seconded

Edited by Eldredpe, 11 October 2012 - 09:55 PM.
Added quoted response.

#1227 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Honest question - why put JC1 in there? From my understanding it's pretty irrelevant next to JC2.

Why not?
Completionists who want to OWN the entire JC series will be happy.

#1228 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Tony,

As long as Amazon DVG Game Client IS NOT REQUIRED to be running for me to RUN my games, I'd be okay w/ such a product existing.

#1229 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

As long as Amazon DVG Game Client IS NOT REQUIRED to be running for me to RUN my games, I'd be okay w/ such a product existing.

Yes this exactly. Ideally, it would be functionally equivalent to GOG's (quite excellent) client, which even allows you to do things like start downloading something to your machine over the web. Obviously with GOG there is no built in DRM because well... there's no DRM.

So I guess I'm just wondering if Amazon has plans or would consider plans of building a download manager / client for their game downloads. It would be optional, but would allow those of us that choose to use it a few additional features (like maybe sorting options, etc).

#1230 firepelt

firepelt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Tony,

I would be fine with this as long as it's not mandatory to use to download your games (have the current method and this?). There's already Gamefly, Impulse, Origin, Capsule, and Steam.

Then again, with all these deals, I'd probably be OK with it...