Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#12541 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays.

How dare they! For you OK, for them...work, work work.

Keep it up Tony. Love the sales!

#12542 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Just an FYI :).

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome! That's my sweet spot for Amalur :)
Posted Image

#12543 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

I will die waiting for Steam to put Amalur on sale. NEVER AGAIN ORIGIN. NEVER AGAIN.

#12544 GBPackRat

GBPackRat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Tony,

As promised, here's some live feedback on what I purchased this holiday season specifically from Amazon Digital and why. Hope it helps!

1.) 2K Strategy Super Pack - $19.99 - Bought this on 12/20 before I even knew about the pubs promo credit. I thought this was an amazing deal compared to other places (steam included) and I didn't have any of it yet, so I jumped at the $19.99 price and the $5 EC credit was a nice bonus.

2.) LEGO Lord of the Rings and Scribblenauts Unlimited, again the price at $7.50 was so amazingly low compared to other places I had to jump. I think it'll be a while before these title drop this low on a regular basis, so jumped at the chance to get them. I think both also came with the $5 EC credit which again is a nice bonus.

3.) Next was the Darksiders Franchise Pack. I almost got this when it was at $13 dollars, but the fact that I could knock another $5 off with the THQ credit it was an amazing deal. I already had Darksiders, but at $8ish, that was low enough for just Darksiders 2 that I jumped at the chance again. I think I picked up some cheap DLC on the 24th just to get the $5 bonus, to then use that bonus on the 25th. This also triggered a $5 EC credit.

4.) I then used that 2K $5 credit today to get the Desert to Sea Bundle. I wasn't going to get this at $9.99, but at $4.99, it was totally worth it to me. I already had Bioshock 1 and 2 for the xbox, but I was really gunning for Spec Ops: The Line and at $4.99, that game alone was cheaper than anywhere else. So again I jumped at the price. This one didn't trigger the $5 EC credit, don't know if it was suppose to or if that stopped on 12/25.

All in all I'm really excited about my purchases. I got the Civ Bundle because I thought the price was amazing, I think its the only one I really would have bought on its own merit. Lego LOTR and Scribblenauts Unlimited were so much cheaper than anywhere else and were just released that pretty much convinced me to buy them. The Darksiders DLC purchase and the Franchise Pack I never would have bought without the credit, so the credit entirely drove that purchase. And again having the 2k $5 credit drove purchasing Desert to Sea Bundle. I never would have bought it without the credit.

I would have and did buy the civ bundle entirely on its own merit without needing the credits as an incentive. I also wasn't as excited about the EC $5 credit for next month as I was about the $5 pub credit. I think that's because a lot of the EC games are more expensive and to be honest, my price point on digital games is $5 - $20, so anything more and I just wait for it to come down in price. So even with the $5 EC credit on a lot of the currently posted games, I doubt I'll go after any of them. However, if you add some bundles or games at the $10 - $20 price point, I might bite again.

There ya have it, hope you enjoy the feedback and start running you analysis on it. Its only fair your willing to be pretty transparent with us on how your end works, so we should do our part and explain the why's behind our purchases.

Thanks again for everything you do for us!

Tanner Dabel

#12545 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Any chance of a Sims 3 deal in January?

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#12546 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Can you do me a solid and add hitman absolution to the editors choice? or put far cry 3 for sale; or if you're feeling really generous do both, whatever floats your boat, brah :P

#12547 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Can you do me a solid and add hitman absolution to the editors choice? or put far cry 3 for sale; or if you're feeling really generous do both, whatever floats your boat, brah :P

I did get a nibble on FC3 for the Editor's Choice list from UBi, waiting to see what their final thoughts are before posting specifics though. It looks like we'll be adding to the EC list in some capacity, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#12548 Beckett

Beckett

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Tony any chance the Steam version of NBA 2K12 could be price matched to the non-steam version.

Steam Version $19.99

Non Steam Version $9.99

It looks like the Steam version of NBA 2K12 has been lowered to $9.99. Thanks Tony!

#12549 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Is it too late to buy a 2K product to get a 2K coupon?

#12550 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Is it too late to buy a 2K product to get a 2K coupon?

too late

#12551 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

there will be more stuff added, example, the amalur bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10,

<3

76561197971332172.png

#12552 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Tony,

Anything on the missing emails for the $5 promo credit on the Editor's Choice games? I've have 10 different Order ID that I bought last night / early morning (depending on your timezone) but I only receive 1.

I sent you a PM with the last 3 Order ID that didn't get the $5 promo credit.

Thanks!

I also have not received emails for $5 editor's choice coupons.

Maybe we need to Hightlight our text so Tony would notice..

I also did not receive an email for the $5 promo credit + the other promos. I did not use any of the publisher credit when I ordered earlier.

#12553 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hey Tony, was Scribblenauts sucessful to get one the editors choice list? :P

#12554 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Maybe we need to Hightlight our text so Tony would notice..

I also did not receive an email for the $5 promo credit + the other promos. I did not use any of the publisher credit when I ordered earlier.

SORRY THE THREAD IS MOVING QUICKLY AND I MISSED THESE. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET YOUR COUPONS SOMETIME TODAY, THERE CAN BE UP TO A SEVERAL HOUR DELAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12555 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

SORRY THE THREAD IS MOVING QUICKLY AND I MISSED THESE. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET YOUR COUPONS SOMETIME TODAY, THERE CAN BE UP TO A SEVERAL HOUR DELAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX

Cheers,
Tony

I don't know how you do it, Tony (and I work Customer Service at a big-box retailer...)

#12556 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Zo-no! I could have saved $2 if I had waited for Kingdom of Amalur! Then again, I'll be back at work then, at least buying early I can enjoy it on my days off. Totally worth the $12. Anxiously (and patiently) waiting for more EC titles to spend my coupons on. Make me spend more money Tony!

I did not pick up anything 2K this sale, was on the fence for a while with a few but decided against it. So far Amazon has given me:

Kingdom of Amalur Complete
- And the EA coupon it provided got me to get the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack
Darksiders 2 - Argul's Tomb
- And the THQ coupon it provided got me Darksiders 2: Season Pass
LEGO Harry/Batman collection
LEGO LotR
LEGO Batman 1

Now mainly waiting for the EC items on Jan 1.

I also got 1 game from GMG, and a couple bundles and extra games/DLC from Steam, but this is an Amazon thread

#12557 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Zo-no! I could have saved $2 if I had waited for Kingdom of Amalur! Then again, I'll be back at work then, at least buying early I can enjoy it on my days off. Totally worth the $12. Anxiously (and patiently) waiting for more EC titles to spend my coupons on. Make me spend more money Tony!

I did not pick up anything 2K this sale, was on the fence for a while with a few but decided against it. So far Amazon has given me:

Kingdom of Amalur Complete
- And the EA coupon it provided got me to get the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack
Darksiders 2 - Argul's Tomb
- And the THQ coupon it provided got me Darksiders 2: Season Pass
LEGO Harry/Batman collection
LEGO LotR
LEGO Batman 1

Now mainly waiting for the EC items on Jan 1.

I also got 1 game from GMG, and a couple bundles and extra games/DLC from Steam, but this is an Amazon thread

We'll also be adding TSW as well.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12558 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

dang no EA coupon to help me get bf3 prem edition, this sucks XD, shouldve bought something from ea...

#12559 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

We'll also be adding TSW as well.

Cheers,
Tony

:applause:

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#12560 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

/me riots ... $2 cheaper KOA! outrage i tell you, outrage!

j/k .... Unless you magically pull off steam keys and then doubleoutrage! =)

#12561 BellardB

BellardB

Get your head in the game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many Cags were able to use their $5 EA Christmas day only coupon? I didn't see anything on sale/worthwhile besides the "Burning, Sabotaging, etc" bundle which I already owned.

#12562 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

^^^^^
LOL @ Tony's response :bow:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#12563 Shing0

Shing0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Great news. I missed Amalur Bundle sale. Glad I can use a coupon and get it for 10$.

Thank you Tony!

#12564 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nice. I'm sure there will be a few EC games I'm willing to buy. I just bought my husband two more Christmas presents, so he can't be too pissed at how much I've spent on games :twisted:

#12565 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

we'll also be adding tsw as well.

Cheers,
tony

..tsw?

#12566 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Is the DRM-free version of Civ 4: Complete up to date? Some reviews/comments from a year ago mention needing to apply patches, but I'm wondering if the Amazon package was updated. Thanks!

#12567 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Just out of curiosity, how many Cags were able to use their $5 EA Christmas day only coupon? I didn't see anything on sale/worthwhile besides the "Burning, Sabotaging, etc" bundle which I already owned.

Picked up Darksiders Franchise for $8.19

#12568 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

..tsw?

The Secret World

T9rTk6Q.gif

#12569 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

..tsw?

t- the s- secret w- world

#12570 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Picked up Darksiders Franchise for $8.19

Except that's THQ and not EA