Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#1231 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

lower the price of XCOM some more please!

Given the way 2K has been sale-happy this year, I fully expect to see XCOM for $20 or less in somebody's year-end sale.

Only a matter of time before he splits his soul into seven pieces and stores each piece into a different game.

Yeah, but then next MAYhem would feature a "Tony's Horcrux Bundle" where all 7 games are $9.99. If he wants to keep the pieces of his soul separate, he can't hide them in games.

#1232 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

[

Why not?
Completionists who want to OWN the entire JC series will be happy.

Gotta collect them all =D

I also don't have a whole lot of faith in the Windows Marketplace being particularly successful or useful, especially for end users like you or me. I just don't think it's going to be all that offensive, either.

Just to note that Apple gets away with it by delivering tightly focused products that pretty much fulfill their promise for their target audience. Microsoft has been making good strides in this regard, but I think they just don't have enough (corporate-organizational) focus to pull it off.

Is the Desura client mandatory?

#1233 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Man, I really want the Batman Bundle... but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon, I'm hesitant - I have no desire to spend half an hour trying to figure out how to install around a shitton of DRM roadblocks. :cry:

#1234 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Man, I really want the Batman Bundle... but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon, I'm hesitant - I have no desire to spend half an hour trying to figure out how to install around a shitton of DRM roadblocks. :cry:

That's why I didn't buy it. Also, while Amazon does give infinite keys for personal use, it's gotta be a pain to get your game revoked from Steam if you run out of activations.. Steam isn't known for having great customer support.

#1235 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

That's why I didn't buy it. Also, while Amazon does give infinite keys for personal use, it's gotta be a pain to get your game revoked from Steam if you run out of activations.. Steam isn't known for having great customer support.

WHAAAT! :-s did NOT know about the activation limits and I bought a Batman: AA key from a CAGer on the trade forum. ( who only needed Batman: AC) :wall:

I thought the whole point of Steam was so that I won't have to deal the BS like this (seeing that Steam is DRM)

EDIT: Found some info about the Securom from link

Spoiler

And here

Spoiler

I feel better now, scared me a bit.

Edited by voken, 12 October 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#1236 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

@TONY
So, does Amazon DVG got any big deals planned for NEXT WEEK? ;)

#1237 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

It seems the pricematch on Focus Home Interactive games are now live!

Is there a Sherlock Holmes Collection on Amazon? I can't seem to find it.

#1238 DropZite

DropZite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

@TONY
So, does Amazon DVG got any big deals planned for NEXT WEEK? ;)

Aside from the $9.99 Square Enix bundle?

#1239 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Aside from the $9.99 Square Enix bundle?

Yes.

#1240 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Wow even beat the Game of Thrones price, the bundle on Steam is still the best deal for both the GOT games if anyone is interested.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#1241 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Throw in the Left 4 Dead series and I'm in.

That proposed Zombie bundle w/ the L4D games would be sick.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#1242 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Did some research on Google an apparently Wargame comes with a variant of Starforce DRM and 5 machine activation limit. Can anybody confirm this? is that s the case then i won't be purchasing the game. It's a shame cause it looks really good.

#1243 cranky2

cranky2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

I don't have a single Zombie game, so a massive Zombie bundle would be... killer.:drool:

#1244 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Did some research on Google an apparently Wargame comes with a variant of Starforce DRM and 5 machine activation limit. Can anybody confirm this? is that s the case then i won't be purchasing the game. It's a shame cause it looks really good.

If you know amazon gives replacement keys are you holding back because of principle? Amazon is the only place I'll look for the Batman games because of their drm and amazon's key policy puts the activation limit to rest.

#1245 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

If you know amazon gives replacement keys are you holding back because of principle? Amazon is the only place I'll look for the Batman games because of their drm and amazon's key policy puts the activation limit to rest.

The problem is with Steam it's a pain in the ass to get them to remove a game from your account. So every time you get a new key from amazon you would have to ask Steam to remove the game from your account, wait the two weeks it takes for them to respond to CS and hope they do it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1246 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

The problem is with Steam it's a pain in the ass to get them to remove a game from your account. So every time you get a new key from amazon you would have to ask Steam to remove the game from your account, wait the two weeks it takes for them to respond to CS and hope they do it.

I've always had steam support get back to me within 24 hours. Granted I've only dealt with them twice but it was always within 24 hours

#1247 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I've always had steam support get back to me within 24 hours. Granted I've only dealt with them twice but it was always within 24 hours

The only time I emailed them was at the beginning of the winter sale years ago. They didn't get back to me until the winter sale was over. It was a winter sale game question.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1248 cranky2

cranky2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

So can someone with the Batman bundle tell me if you can play whilst offline? What if I go out of town, where there is no interwebs? For about $4 each, I can stomach a one-time activation and three-fold DRM, but only if I don't have to be online just to play.

#1249 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

The only time I emailed them was at the beginning of the winter sale years ago. They didn't get back to me until the winter sale was over. It was a winter sale game question.

Ah mine had to so with the invalid dead island keys people were getting from newegg. I had one activated on my account and another activated on a friends account. I was actually shocked at how easy it was. I'd imagine during a huge sale it could get like that.

#1250 cheapgamer 23

cheapgamer 23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

i have a question about the batman bundle and steam. I brought the bundle and got the steam keys and put them in steam to download and install the games. I forgot to download the games from the amazon option. Can some one help me? Thanks

#1251 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hey Tony, not sure if you missed this question or thought it was a joke, so here it is again. :lol:

(Ooh, yellow name now.)

"And to change the subject and ask a legitimate question: Any update on the Call of Duty sale you mentioned, Tony? Can you please sell your soul to Activision the devil so that we can get a wicked good bundle deal on MW1-3, Black Ops, and WaW? I think we can agree that $19.99 sounds fair, yes? ;)"

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1252 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

i have a question about the batman bundle and steam. I brought the bundle and got the steam keys and put them in steam to download and install the games. I forgot to download the games from the amazon option. Can some one help me? Thanks

I don't understand what the problem is.

You shouldn't need to download the game from Amazon, you have a Steam key and can download from Steam. Regardless, you should still be able to go to your account settings and look at your downloaded games/software and find everything you're looking for, anyway.

I'm kind of perplexed as to what you're asking.

#1253 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

I would love it if that CoD bundle materialized.

#1254 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

I don't think Amazon DVG has signed a deal to sell any Valve games...

EDIT:

Hey Tony, not sure if you missed this question or thought it was a joke, so here it is again. :lol:

(Ooh, yellow name now.)

"And to change the subject and ask a legitimate question: Any update on the Call of Duty sale you mentioned, Tony? Can you please sell your soul to Activision the devil so that we can get a wicked good bundle deal on MW1-3, Black Ops, and WaW? I think we can agree that $19.99 sounds fair, yes? ;)"

The completionist in me only needs these COD games -- COD: Black Ops and World At War.

#1255 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

There are a couple threads in the W:EE forum indicating that the DRM was removed a couple months ago. Linky

#1256 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Companies change their policies the way my wife changes clothes. I love Amazon for having this policy; but I wonder how it works on the back end. Does Amazon browbeat the publisher into making good on activation-depleted licenses for free? Or does Amazon pay the publisher for another license, and write that cost off as "customer service"?

If the key-replacement policy entails a quantifiable cost to Amazon, there will always be a danger of the policy being canceled at some future point. It's a perq, not a contractual obligation, and could cease to exist at any time.

#1257 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Companies change their policies the way my wife changes clothes. I love Amazon for having this policy; but I wonder how it works on the back end. Does Amazon browbeat the publisher into making good on activation-depleted licenses for free? Or does Amazon pay the publisher for another license, and write that cost off as "customer service"?

If the key-replacement policy entails a quantifiable cost to Amazon, there will always be a danger of the policy being canceled at some future point. It's a perq, not a contractual obligation, and could cease to exist at any time.

That's a great point. I've wondered how they do this, keys don't just magically pop out of the sky.
Posted Image

#1258 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

There are a couple threads in the W:EE forum indicating that the DRM was removed a couple months ago. Linky

#1259 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the price match on W: EE Tony! I just bought it now from Amazon :D

On Steam the Game of Thrones bundle is $17.49 which contains both A Game of Thrones - Genesis, Game of Thrones while on Amazon Game of Thrones alone cost $17.49 I guess I'll wait for a better deal from Amazon on this.

#1260 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

That's a great point. I've wondered how they do this, keys don't just magically pop out of the sky.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this