Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#12691 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

If Blades of time stay in the list for January :(

Is Blades of Time going in the 2012 editor's choice games?

#12692 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Bought mafia and used a 2k coupon.

Do we get another coupon if we use the coupon on a purchase?

Another 2K credit...no. Prior purchases only and only 1 credit per pub.

January EC $5 credit...again, I believe the answer Tony gave was no.

#12693 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

$14.99 in the Editor's choice list.

Cheers,
Tony

Ah, I just looked through that but I must have missed it. Thanks.

Already grabbed it for $11.99 here, but that's an awesome price on the game. Much better than people made it out to be. It's not perfect and it has a good bit of flaws, but it feels like what Fable could have been if they didn't oversimplify the series.

(Also, I've gotten $5 January coupons while buying these $5 off publisher games. I have to many though, so it doesn't matter much.)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12694 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

I finally bit on Scribblenauts, but am going to pass on Lego LOTR. I'll get that another time, i need to play other Lego games in my backlog first.

#12695 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

(Also, I've gotten $5 January coupons while buying these $5 off publisher games. I have to many though, so it doesn't matter much.)

Interesting, as I have not. I'm not complaining as I already have more than I can use.

Edit: Scratch that...I did for EA and THQ (purchased early 12/25), but did not for Ubi and 2K (purchased late 12/25-26).

#12696 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Is Blades of Time going in the 2012 editor's choice games?

I hope both versions (Regular and Limited Edition) are added to the EC list.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#12697 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

I've got a lot of $5 off coupons, going through the editors choice, going to take an hour what ones to pick.

Edited by granturismo, 27 December 2012 - 10:03 AM.
spelling error

#12698 yaynick

yaynick

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Interesting, as I have not. I'm not complaining as I already have more than I can use.

Edit: Scratch that...I did for EA and THQ (purchased early 12/25), but did not for Ubi and 2K (purchased late 12/25-26).

Aw...so confused. I didn't get one with my THQ promo (Darksiders franchise). Tony said we probably wouldn't, so that's cool. I should have bought it earlier though because I only have 3, and I plan to use more than that. What else to buy to get them...hm...

How is Lego LOTR? Thinking of buying it to play through with my significant other, but I've never been introduced to LOTR or the Lego video game series. The consensus here seems to be that it's pretty good, but is it for someone who has no opinion on either of the series?

#12699 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Just bit on the Batman Arkham GOTY pack. Figured both for $5 each was just too good to pass up.

Oh man...I think I'm addicted to buying games I'll probably never have a chance to play on Amazon. >.>

#12700 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

January...

Yeah, that's what I thought but look at the original question. It was referring to people saying they purchased KoA, not planning to.

Oh well, thanks for confirming that Amazon didn't go forward early.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#12701 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Tony, here's my feedback...

Amazon: 6 purchases
LEGO LotR
LEGO Harry Batman Pack
LEGO Batman
The WTF Pack
Bioshock Dual Pack
Darksiders II Franchise Pack

My only regret was no Mafia I / Mafia II deal.

Didn't get the $5 promotional credit email towards EC for two of my latest orders. But I'm gonna wait, maybe it will take some time to kick in.

By the way, games on Steam I purchased so far: 0

#12702 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Shoulda grabbed when it was $15 bro! Even if it hits $15 in the EC list, it doesn't come with the new issue and extras. ;)

(Still, $10 for the game would be pretty awesome.)

So 2K patches the rosters themselves? What's the difference between that and user made roster patches?

is the secret world some kind of turn based mmo where you just click the enemy and you watch your guy/girl do all the work(like WoW) or is it active like guild wars 2?

#12703 fifamaniac

fifamaniac

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Just bit on the Batman Arkham GOTY pack. Figured both for $5 each was just too good to pass up.

Oh man...I think I'm addicted to buying games I'll probably never have a chance to play on Amazon. >.>

Lol Im the same ive got a bad habit with hoarding games

#12704 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Also, (and I think it was asheskitty who first posted this) you can check the "Digital PC Games Late-Breaking Deals" page to make sure you aren't missing something:

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979455011

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#12705 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Same. I did the math and so far this winter I have bought 47 games and 11 DLC. I have played 3 games and 0 DLC of that. My Steam list, more than half of the games have not been played at all yet, some going back 2 winter sales ago. Just so many good deals! Don't want to miss out

#12706 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

is the secret world some kind of turn based mmo where you just click the enemy and you watch your guy/girl do all the work(like WoW) or is it active like guild wars 2?

It's active.

And there are guns, so it's immediately better than other games.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12707 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

It's active.

And there are guns, so it's immediately better than other games.

active, eh? how exactly is the F2P model on this game? is it some bs like star wars or what? i'm gonna go youtube some gameplay of this game. would you recommend this game?

#12708 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Do the 30 day trials on MMOs such as FFXI start right when you purchase the game?

#12709 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

$14.99 in the Editor's choice list.

Cheers,
Tony

Hmmm, Amalur doesn't appear in my EC list?!? in linky from email

Thoughts?

#12710 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How single player friendly is The Secret World?

#12711 n4tiv3

n4tiv3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Just bought the Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands with my 2K credit.
Was debating it until I got the email with my promo.

Only thing left to do is wait till January to use my Ed.Choice promo's.

#12712 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

active, eh? how exactly is the F2P model on this game? is it some bs like star wars or what? i'm gonna go youtube some gameplay of this game. would you recommend this game?

I haven't played it much, but what I've played so far I've really liked.

It doesn't seem to be P2W (pay to win) where you're pretty useless unless you pay for better weapons, premium features, etc. It does have an in game store, but the things to buy there are very cosmetic. I just was reading something on the TSW forum awhile ago where someone suggested that paid for NPC mercenaries be added (a feature of GW2, apparently), and someone vehemently said "No! Keep the store cosmetic only!", so I see time and again that the store really is cosmetic.

All in the all, gameplay is clean and interesting. You can equip two weapon types at once, so for example, one of my characters has a shotgun and a magical sort of disc on my back that allows me to get up close and personal to use physical hand to hand magic attacks, and my other character has an assault rifle and dual pistols. The basics of combat generally consist of hitting your enemies with repeatedly with your small, simple attacks, building up "resources" (basically hit counters that build), and then unleashing an attacks that eats up those resources and does extra damage.

It's simple, but it keeps the game from becoming yet another button masher, and there is a lot of variation past that I'm sure. I really haven't played enough to unlock higher tiered attacks.

I bought it for the atmosphere, but like I said, the combat is pretty damn fun. You also can switch your movement/aiming to TPS style while you're in combat, which really helps when you're getting swarmed by zombies and whatnot, lol.

We really need to get a CAG TSW group going, too. ;)

How single player friendly is The Secret World?

Very, from what I've played. It's a common complaint that it would be nice for the game to have an offline mode; that's how single player friendly it is.

(Although I'm sure boss battles later on probably get significantly harder.)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12713 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hmmm, Amalur doesn't appear in my EC list?!? in linky from email

Thoughts?

Tony said it will be added. :)

BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Just an FYI :).

Cheers,
Tony

#12714 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

I hope both versions (Regular and Limited Edition) are added to the EC list.

Um.

Will the price go back up to normal in January? There's no way of knowing this, is there?

foxhack.jpg

#12715 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Do the 30 day trials on MMOs such as FFXI start right when you purchase the game?

They all typically start when the game is registered, not when it is purchased, with this exception: if you buy it directly from the publisher/developer, sometimes they register it automatically.

#12716 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I already owned all of the 2k Games. I've had Bioshock 1 and 2 forever. Same with Darkness II, Civilization, Spec Ops, Borderlands etc...

So, with my $5 coupon I bought the only 2k game I was missing -- NBA 2k12. I'm not really into the NBA but I always loved the NBA 2k games. I just haven't bought one since 2k8 (?) the last year of College Hoops 2k. That way I could import draft classes and stuff.

So, I am pumped to play 2k12. The NBA 2k games have always been known for their sterling graphics and that was 5-6 years ago. I cannot wait to see it in 1900x1200, Dx11 with everything jacked to the moon.

#12717 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Tony,

Any news on a War of the Roses deal for the new year that will work with the $5 coupon? I just about snagged it for the $15 recently but I am holding out hope it will be $15 and the coupon will make it $10. :D

Amazon, once again, gets most of my gaming dollars this year. My only gripe with amazon (and it is a small one) is how many e-mails you guys send me about coupons I have. I buy so much, I get 70-80 e-mails about promo codes I qualify for. Maybe something for the suggestion box would be a single alert that takes you to a page on your 'my account' that shows all of the promos you have/qualify for?

Thanks!

#12718 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Woo! Finally got my 2K credit. Thanks, Tony.

#12719 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

I was in the process of grabbing some Warlock DLC and came across this odd pricing:

Warlock Master of the Arcane: Power of the Serpent List Price $19.99 $10.00

It's just DLC... the base game is half that price. It's on sale at Steam for $1.49. Clearly a pricing error.

Tony?

76561197971332172.png

#12720 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

I'm grabbing NBA 2K12 with my 2K credit. Would love to get 2K13 for $10 within the next month, but there's no guarantee it will be on sale for $15 while on the Editor's Choice list, so I'll go with the old version. Thanks Tony!