Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#12841 MadBrad

MadBrad

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

I know it's not much, and they aren't really new games but I'm sure somebody will put them to good use.

Please post if you take the key. Saves a lot of people the trouble of trying.

Thank you so much! I used the Bioshock key!

#12842 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I grabbed Darksiders I. Thanks.

decker%2001.jpg

#12843 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

... You know, come to think of it this thread really has been my go to for a lot of the past two years now. I remember doing the grind through amazon or not bothering, hell waiting for others to post deals (this is basically normal amazon these days) but ddl is... Easy. Definitely due to this topic series.

#12844 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Umm, I'm not getting the point of the calender on the right of the "Digital Holiday Deals" page here:
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000855031

I posted this:
http://www.cheapassg...postcount=12685
asking how Walking Dead could go any lower. Today was supposed to be it's day. Price didn't change.

Is it more just highlighting deals already under way?

Walking Dead was PM'ed to $12.49 prior to the planned $12.49 promotion. The calendar is driven off promotions we know about.

This also highlights some of the challenges in trying to change the merchandising. Remember, we are the only digital retailer that does any sort of price matching, so other sites run sales, and merchandise only those.

This confusion is a perfect example of the non-technical difficulties around this subject.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#12845 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Walking Dead was PM'ed to $12.49 prior to the planned $12.49 promotion. The calendar is driven off promotions we know about.

This also highlights some of the challenges in trying to change the merchandising. Remember, we are the only digital retailer that does any sort of price matching, so other sites run sales, and merchandise only those.

This confusion is a perfect example of the non-technical difficulties around this subject.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks. Makes sense. I would have bet money on TWD not going lower, but definitely keeping an eye on the calender from now on. Also, even though the thread is where I learn about the sales, I also find this page useful for a quick run down of what's going on:
Amazon Digital PC Late Breaking Deals <----worth a bookmark people.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#12846 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for matching MLB 2K12. About to purchase now.

#12847 Shing0

Shing0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

One thing I keep pointing out is that things go in cycles. Whomever is the low price winner today won't necessarily be one tomorrow, because as companies gain market share, there is no need to be the lowest and they can raise prices and keep more of the profit. Meanwile, others will undercut them and try to gain some market share so that they can do the same. Some build up enough market share where they don't have to consistently be the lowest, just occasionally. Steam is certainly at that point right now. I suspect that Amazon would like to eventually get there as well, and maybe people here would get upset at that point that Amazon is no longer the lowest. (Just like when people here get upset about Amazon Gold Box deals on the console side.)

Yes, I agree but in the long term the strategy you pointed will hurt the company's reputation. I am not sure if this is a good example but it just came to my mind. Call of duty franchise, everybody knows the story. Prices high but demand is still there. I don't believe this is a good practice of business. You need to think about the reputation that you built in the first place.
For instance Valve started to make huge discounts long time ago. And peope kept registering to steam to get advantage of the sales. Not anymore with the reasoning as sales. It is happening to activision, they are losing customers and they will. It doesn't matter if they come up with a brand new game. People will think what they did with call of duty. Milking the market. Valve built a high customer expectation. If they wont meet the demand they will lose their reputation(Longterm). It is already happening as you can see we check the other sites to get a good deal.
What I am saying if you set the bar high you better keep it up that way with offering good deals to keep the business alive in the long term. Occasional discounts won't help you.

#12848 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

FYI. We are likely going to move 3 products in the Civ sale to less than a 75% discount, these are Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ V, and Civ IV Complete.

We're going to take each of these products to $9.99 so that customers with 2K coupons will be able to get them for $4.99.

This decision was made 38 seconds ago at my boss's desk. Again, before potential flames creep up, I did announce several pages back that customers interested in the Civ products should wait until 12/28.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12849 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Can't wait to get civ gods and kings
8-) Head BrokeAss

#12850 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

FYI. We are likely going to move 3 products in the Civ sale to less than a 75% discount, these are Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ V, and Civ IV Complete.

We're going to take each of these products to $9.99 so that customers with 2K coupons will be able to get them for $4.99.

This decision was made 38 seconds ago at my boss's desk. Again, before potential flames creep up, I did announce several pages back that customers interested in the Civ products should wait until 12/28.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks, I'm gonna grab the 2k super strategy bundle then. The price is the same and I get the Strongholds collection (even if I prefer the gog version, at least that one is HD).
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B005HEA2FC/
This one is going down to 75% as well, right?
Thanks

#12851 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Tony: Any chance on an Assassin's Creed 3 deal?

#12852 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Thanks, I'm gonna grab the 2k super strategy bundle then. The price is the same and I get the Strongholds collection (even if I prefer the gog version, at least that one is HD).
http://www.amazon.co...uct/B005HEA2FC/
This one is going down to 75% as well, right?
Thanks

Yep that will be 75% as well.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12853 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Is that a hint that your boss is the defunct 38 Studios?

I bought Gods and Kings to get an editor's choice coupon, so I could buy Civ V during the editor's choice sale. Oh how I wish I just waited and bought the strategy bundle.

elessar123.png

#12854 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Yep that will be 75% as well.

Cheers,
Tony

Great, then I'll play Civ until amazon will put the Grand Master Collection to 75% again
:D

Thanks.

#12855 AcrylamideTic

AcrylamideTic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Haha, I love it. I was just thinking I wish they would do this so I could get Gods and Kings for $5. What a weird situation, I am happy a retailer is raising the price of something.

#12856 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

awesome civ g&k for $5. i am getting that tomorrow, just 10 more hrs.

#12857 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

awesome civ g&k for $5. i am getting that tomorrow, just 10 more hrs.

Can someone tell Slickdeals? There's a huge thread about the coupons over there and I don't want those dudes to miss out.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12858 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Tony,

I'm sure it's posted somewhere in here but any other 2K deals planned for the 29th to 31st -- trying to figure out if I'll use it or just offer to buy something for someone else.

#12859 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Tony,

I'm sure it's posted somewhere in here but any other 2K deals planned for the 29th to 31st -- trying to figure out if I'll use it or just offer to buy something for someone else.

We don't have any planned. We talked about out it, but figured we'd just wait until January and dump anything we want to give customers an incremental $5 on into the EC list.

I'm actually working through early January with my Take 2 guy right now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12860 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Can someone tell Slickdeals? There's a huge thread about the coupons over there and I don't want those dudes to miss out.

Cheers,
Tony

Updated the wiki at the top of the thread, doing a direct quote of your post.

That should be enough to notice them.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#12861 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

We don't have any planned. We talked about out it, but figured we'd just wait until January and dump anything we want to give customers an incremental $5 on into the EC list.

Cheers,
Tony

Cool, Unfortunately, I don't have my 2k coupon anymore so glad we can see more sales in Jan instead since the 2k coupons were 1 time only.

#12862 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Not too late to pitch my Max Payne 3 + Spec Ops for $10 bundle idea!:bouncy:

You did tell me it was ok for me to continue suggesting bundles. ;)

Also, you may want to check if they are interested in doing a GTA IV Complete bundle for $10 (with coupon making it $5). It's just a little less then where they have been in the past and they do have GTA V on the horizon.

Steam Keys for sale:

#12863 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Not too late to pitch my Max Payne 3 + Spec Ops for $10 bundle idea!:bouncy:

You did tell me it was ok for me to continue suggesting bundles. ;)

Of course! :) That particular one will never see the light of day but please keep making them!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12864 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

I don't think the complete edition was. If it was, I totally missed it.

Just checked my receipt and I was wrong! It sold for 5.74 (just like it is now). Sorry about the confusion! I could've sworn I saw it at 4.99

My loyalty is to my paycheck, so whoever makes it last the most gets my money :D Even though Amazon has the slight disadvantage of charging me tax, they still got most of my holiday digital-game money
Posted Image

#12865 Emuaust

Emuaust

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

a bundle suggestion Tony, it has been brought up before, a Sonic bundle with just the classic Sonics, GEN/SCD/DC games, a lot of us already have Sonic Generations and the other modern games and while the current bundle is a great buy it means doubling up on keys.

thanks

#12866 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Of course! :) That particular one will never see the light of day but please keep making them!

Cheers,
Tony

That's cool. I guess I'll just have to wait a year to give 2K my $5 for Max Payne 3. Hopefully GMG doesn't beat you to the punch. ;)

Steam Keys for sale:

#12867 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Updated the wiki at the top of the thread, doing a direct quote of your post.

That should be enough to notice them.

Thanks dude. Also, guys, when you post to Slickdeals, since they frown on direct interaction with company reps. Can you please post a link to some way to get in touch with me, either my profile here, or on Reddit? I feel bad when I see people complaining about not getting a coupon yet when I can get them sorted with just an order ID.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12868 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

How about the 'Dishonorable Dealer' Bundle
-Dishonored
-Skyrim
-Oblivion GOTY
-Fallout 3 GOTY
-Fallout New Vegas GOTY
-Brink Complete
-Hunted
-Rogue Warrior
-RAGE
-Doom 3 BFG

for $27.32

#12869 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

How about the 'Dishonorable Dealer' Bundle
-Dishonored
-Skyrim
-Oblivion GOTY
-Fallout 3 GOTY
-Fallout New Vegas GOTY
-Brink Complete
-Hunted
-Rogue Warrior
-RAGE
-Doom 3 BFG

for $27.32

Bethesda digital products. We have them not.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#12870 Shing0

Shing0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Tony sent you a private message regarding to Editor choice coupon. Any news ? Thank you.