Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#12961 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

With regards to Slickdeals, is it okay to just suggest that they look at the forums on CAG as it may answer their questions. Yes, I saw some griping on SD, but just PM'ed the people I knew to basically say Tony has it covered, be patient or in some cases, contact CS for application of the $5 credit.

Maybe it is just me, I do not understand why some on SD do not like CAG. If you look at their deal postings a significant amount are regarding games. Why not look on CAG for more information?

Ugh. Not this again.

It doesn't matter how you feel about other forums. The few CAGers that repost on other forum communities help Amazon make more sales. Amazon having more sales gives Tony a better bargaining position. This means Tony can negotiate better deals for your benefit.

And I'm sorry if I implied at all that there was any hostility from SD members to CAG members. It's more of just an abundance of caution concerning the guys who run the forums. Forum sites like SD and CAG pay for their servers through referral links. Every time you make a purchase by clicking a CAG link, CAG may receive compensation. And if I learned one thing in life, you never mess with other people's money lightly. But I may be too paranoid on this issue as well and I certainly don't speak for anyone else in my posts.

So if you like CAG, purchase using CAG links.

I myself have been purchasing mostly through CAG but that's because it's usually the site I spend the most time talking about Amazon deals.

I've also been reposting less Amazon deals and letting others take care of it, mostly because some people can be very rude out of ignorance (please note, I'm not talking about any the posts on this thread). I hope next time that Tony asks someone to update the SD community, that person does not decline because they might get flamed.

As to the specific question -- it's because you guys are a subset of the deal hunters out there. Most folks spend their time on a general forum like slickdeals, fatwallet, or the general reddit threads. So they're not going to spend a lot of time on CAG because they want to know about all the deals online out there -- not just video games. That's why the reposts are helpful, we're spreading deal news to a larger audience.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#12962 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Thanks. That's what I figured.

Black Light Retribution is F2P and from the same dev.

#12963 bazookajoex9

bazookajoex9

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

I would buy the Desert to Sea bundle but I already own both Bioshocks. I would buy the WTF pack but I already own Borderlands. Is there someway I can get a bundle with just the Darkness 2, Duke Nukem, and Spec Ops?

#12964 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I would buy the Desert to Sea bundle but I already own both Bioshocks. I would buy the WTF pack but I already own Borderlands. Is there someway I can get a bundle with just the Darkness 2, Duke Nukem, and Spec Ops?

I wish.

#12965 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Ugh. Not this again.

It doesn't matter how you feel about other forums. The few CAGers that repost on other forum communities help Amazon make more sales. Amazon having more sales gives Tony a better bargaining position. This means Tony can negotiate better deals for your benefit.

And I'm sorry if I implied at all that there was any hostility from SD members to CAG members. It's more of just an abundance of caution concerning the guys who run the forums. Forum sites like SD and CAG pay for their servers through referral links. Every time you make a purchase by clicking a CAG link, CAG may receive compensation. And if I learned one thing in life, you never mess with other people's money lightly. But I may be too paranoid on this issue as well and I certainly don't speak for anyone else in my posts.

So if you like CAG, purchase using CAG links.

I myself have been purchasing mostly through CAG but that's because it's usually the site I spend the most time talking about Amazon deals.

I've also been reposting less Amazon deals and letting others take care of it, mostly because some people can be very rude out of ignorance (please note, I'm not talking about any the posts on this thread). I hope next time that Tony asks someone to update the SD community, that person does not decline because they might get flamed.

As to the specific question -- it's because you guys are a subset of the deal hunters out there. Most folks spend their time on a general forum like slickdeals, fatwallet, or the general reddit threads. So they're not going to spend a lot of time on CAG because they want to know about all the deals online out there -- not just video games. That's why the reposts are helpful, we're spreading deal news to a larger audience.

Thank you for the information. Kind of what I thought. I only get a little miffed at the SDers who whine about CAG and others that blatantly copy and paste from CAG to SD without giving credit. I am all for spreading the news and love, but I like to give credit to whom it is due. I like reading about video game deals on CAG and other deals on SD. I really appreciate that Tony can interact wtih CAG and offers insight into deals and even admits when it may be better to make a purchase at a different site if you want the title now.

Tony, there are a couple of things I would appreciate amazon thinking of;
-better interface for video games and other products. Nevertheless, I do believe that if you navigate to the digital deals page, most people can find the most popular deals there.
-sort by publisher
-better filters for physical media i.e. used games
-better influence with Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc... to have them pay amazon for forums where we the customers voice what we want to see as far as features of their hardware, software, interface, complilations, etc...

Yes, I have a dream - Sony puts out a HD complilation of Persona and another one of other Shin Tegami Tensei ie Nocturne, Devil Summoner, Devil Digital Saga.

#12966 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

With all of the repeats in purchasing for certain games, I feel like the next logical step might be a build a bundle thing. I wonder if Amazon could do something like that?
gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#12967 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

With all of the repeats in purchasing for certain games, I feel like the next logical step might be a build a bundle thing. I wonder if Amazon could do something like that?

I was just thinking the same thing.

#12968 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Quick question- and its probably been asked and answered many times before so sorry ahead of time- but for the $5 promotion for the editors choice games in January, will the prices for those games be discounted at all? I'd love to pick up a super cheap Max Payne 3 and maybe Walking Dead for a friend or something.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#12969 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Quick question- and its probably been asked and answered many times before so sorry ahead of time- but for the $5 promotion for the editors choice games in January, will the prices for those games be discounted at all? I'd love to pick up a super cheap Max Payne 3 and maybe Walking Dead for a friend or something.

There is overlap with the steam sale for 9 days, so if one of the editor's choice is a daily deal I believe amazon will match it.
Wondering about Tony...

Guardian_owl.png

#12970 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Picking up the Gods and Kings deal with my 2K coupon tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Tony Amazon. :D

#12971 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Tony,

I'd love to see in a future/Summer 2013 sale an updated 2K Strategy Pack of Civ 5 GOTY + Gods and Kings + Stronghold 3 Gold (maybe the Collection, too) + XCom~

#12972 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Roll of the dice I guess, depends on price matching Steam/other US distributors

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#12973 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

There is overlap with the steam sale for 9 days, so if one of the editor's choice is a daily deal I believe amazon will match it.
Wondering about Tony...

I'm pretty sure Tony will be sending that video to everyone now. That is awesome.

#12974 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Still waiting to hear about BF Premium. And don't just say to find someone to buy the BF3 code off me. That's work. I just want Premium for $20. Let's do this

#12975 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Thinking about grabbing that total war bundle. Really only wanted shogun 2 and fall of the samurai though

#12976 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Speaking of GTA... these Amazon prices have been so good lately that it almost feels like stealing! :D

Posted Image

this is amazing did you make this yourself?

Tony should use it as his avatar

AnQAzfm.png

#12977 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Last year, as I recall, items on the Editor's Choice list went on sale throughout the month. Not all at one time, it was sort of like the Steam sales where you might as well wait it out until the last day or else the 25% off $15 game you used your coupon on was a 50% off $10 game the next day. I remember using up most of my coupons on the first day or so and being a little annoyed when I saw many of those games go on deeper discounts a week or two later.

Obviously I don't know if they'll do it the same way this year.

#12978 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Most of the time it's just going to be lucky coincidence of price matches to Steam, Gamefly, and Gamer's Gate.

#12979 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Most of the time it's just going to be lucky coincidence of price matches to Steam, Gamefly, and Gamer's Gate.

One of these things is not like the others!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#12980 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

and one have a extra fall of the samurai or rise of the samurai? pm me

#12981 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Thinking about grabbing that total war bundle. Really only wanted shogun 2 and fall of the samurai though

same here...

#12982 SRV

SRV

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Burning Hot Bundle [Download]

If the price is reasonable, I am interested.

#12983 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Yeah, one of those starts with an S.

#12984 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

So what are today's deals? Heard a lot about Civ but price hasn't changed on the Strategy Bundle has it?

fs_pc.png

#12985 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Let the countdown begin to...

2K FRIDAY

#12986 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

I was also trying to hold off on that Total War bundle and see if FotS would fall to $7.50 or something (i know it has before). I've never played the series, but that era of Japan interests me and I only recently got the PC to be able to run it.

Waited until the last minute here but couldn't resist. Welp, hope I end up loving this series and get some value out of all the old ones.

#12987 DeusAtrox

DeusAtrox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Picking up the Gods and Kings deal with my 2K coupon tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Tony Amazon. :D

/jealous but glad for you mate

Tony, this sale has rocked. To be honest I haven't been a fan of all this email chaotic $5 coupon thing--but the deals you guys have offered have been fantastic!

It sounds like the complicated email coupon mechanic made things pretty chaotic and painful on Amazon's end as well. You work too hard man--lets simply the whole sale thing for all of us! ><

One last suggestion, and this is just because I'm a complete dumbass--Maybe really clearly mark games that include a steam code.... like mark them so well that someone as stupid as me won't buy Prototype and then wonder why the key won't work on Steam. LOL

That's not a complaint, just a reminder that there are people as slow as me, and a giant ass glowing blinking steam logo in a fixed location on the layout for all digital download listings would be of great help. Most people on here CLEARLY don't have the reading trouble I do though--so I won't hold my breath, but man it'd be a great feature.

Even better would be multiple icons indicating anywhere the code would work (thinking Steam Logo, Origin Logo, not sure if there's any others).

Anyway, none of this is meant as a complaint, I'm a HUGE fan and thank you so much for all your hard work. Though I got none of the coupons to work out well for me--I still saved TONS without them on this sale and am a VERY happy customer!

Cheers,

DA

P.S. (sorry all for the rambling 2am novel)
Posted Image

#12988 celt

celt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

That's not a complaint, just a reminder that there are people as slow as me, and a giant ass glowing blinking steam logo in a fixed location on the layout for all digital download listings would be of great help. Most people on here CLEARLY don't have the reading trouble I do though--so I won't hold my breath, but man it'd be a great feature.

I need this too. "Fixed location" being a key part of that. Right now I mostly figure it out between the comments section, the DRM section, checking the "Steamworks" listing on Wikipedia, and checking next to the title where it sometimes says "Online Game Code" (or something like that).

#12989 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

One last suggestion, and this is just because I'm a complete dumbass--Maybe really clearly mark games that include a steam code.... like mark them so well that someone as stupid as me won't buy Prototype and then wonder why the key won't work on Steam. LOL

I have been complaining about this for a long time. :-P

He finally got them to add a field for it, but the field is not there 100% of the time and when it is it's a small text that's very easy to miss instead of an image logo or something bolder and highlighted etc.

I also think it's important for them to note when a game doesn't have DRM or has some other non-Steam DRM instead of just leaving the field blank.

It's one of the most important criteria for gamers and making sure that it's very obvious and there all the time will save a lot of headache on the back end for customer service.

/DRM field rant

steam_sig.png

#12990 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Forgive me for asking, but I've only skimmed this thread over the past few days. I heard Tony say something about some additional deals that would appear before the 2K coupon runs out. Did any of that ever pan out? Do we know anything about that?