Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#1291 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

I find these discussions interesting, but out of respect for Tony let's keep this thread limited to deal talk. I doubt he wants to trek through pages of posts about Steam to find questions or information relevant to him.

#1292 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Jeez, you kids. I leave for an hour and look what happens!

#1293 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

I don't think Amazon DVG has signed a deal to sell any Valve games...

The completionist in me only needs these COD games -- COD: Black Ops and World At War.

Eh jus sayin' lol. You've never played BO?

The enter button would like a word with you.

Haha! My thoughts exactly

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#1294 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

FYI guys if any of you are sports games/soccer fans you should check out our Fifa 13 deal tomorrow-Sunday we'll have it for $25.99.

Cheers,
Tony

My friends will jump with joy.

#1295 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

My opinions are based upon the facts and my personal experience. I have no problem supporting and substantiating them. If you want to refute them, then feel free to try. Your throwing labels at me like "bigotry" and "troll" is a cop out.

What facts are your opinions based on? You haven't given one single fact since you started. Even if your opinions have some legitimacy to them, you present them with so much vitriol that it makes you seem bitter.

#1296 jluva

jluva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

FYI guys if any of you are sports games/soccer fans you should check out our Fifa 13 deal tomorrow-Sunday we'll have it for $25.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the heads up, Tony!

#1297 ars9876

ars9876

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hey Tony,
Let the Hamsters know that I think they are doing a fine job and have now purchased more from Amazon than any other download service.

#1298 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Pretty sure N_B is the same guy that was already banned twice for the way he acted in this thread over the summer.

That SquareEnix bundle is amazing, but I already own everything in it :\ A few of my friends should be picking it up when they see it go live and realize I wasn't making it up.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1299 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Seriously didn't mean to stir the pot in here suggesting that Amazon get their own client!

Just thought it would be cool is all. I know Amazon (as a company) have a large amount of resources, talent, and bandwidth - even more so than Valve - so I thought I would at least make the suggestion. To the best of my knowledge, the Amazon digital download service has even more titles than Steam. Call me lazy all you want, I just thought it would be cool to have a client I could use as a download manager / game manager.

So yes, let's keep the Steam bashing to a minimum out of a respect for Tony. Thanks guys!

#1300 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Gaaaah this Batman double pack has been taunting me all week, but I can't pull the trigger because I own all the DLC on PS3 already. Most of the reason I want AC again is to kick ass as Nightwing. :(

Currently Playing:
:ps3: nothing
:pc: Payday 2
:psp: Ys: Memories of Celceta / Rayman Legends

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World / Xenoblade Chronicles

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#1301 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Seriously didn't mean to stir the pot in here suggesting that Amazon get their own client!

Just thought it would be cool is all. I know Amazon (as a company) have a large amount of resources, talent, and bandwidth - even more so than Valve - so I thought I would at least make the suggestion. To the best of my knowledge, the Amazon digital download service has even more titles than Steam. Call me lazy all you want, I just thought it would be cool to have a client I could use as a download manager / game manager.

So yes, let's keep the Steam bashing to a minimum out of a respect for Tony. Thanks guys!

I wouldn't take any blame for it, man. Some people have their own agenda and use anything as a catalyst to unleash it. I wouldn't mind a Desura like client - meaning it would be optional. Or an update game page. Gamersgate doesn't have it's own client, but I find their shelf/game list easier to navigate than Amazon.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1302 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Got fifa12 last year for 19.99 within a month of release. Now I got 13 for $26. Can't beat that. Thanks!

#1303 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

@TONY
So, does Amazon DVG got any big deals planned for NEXT WEEK? ;)

Aside from the Squeenix Bundle? Nothing yet.

Thanks for the price match on W: EE Tony! I just bought it now from Amazon :D

On Steam the Game of Thrones bundle is $17.49 which contains both A Game of Thrones - Genesis, Game of Thrones while on Amazon Game of Thrones alone cost $17.49 I guess I'll wait for a better deal from Amazon on this.

We'll have a bundle for $9.99 in the near future.

Speaking of sports games, it would be nice to see a repeat of the EA Classics bundle that ran not to long ago with Madden 08 and NHL 09 for $5 (or even cheaper?). I totally spaced and missed that one.

Yep we'll have this again in November.

I can't help but laugh at anyone who thinks for a second that any of these companies actually are on your side somehow. They're businesses. They want to make money, that's it. Is Amazon any different? No, the only difference is that we have the good fortune of having a sales guy who takes his job seriously and is a nice dude.

There's no reason for Steam to do anything differently. They are making a ridiculous amount of money, therefore there is no reason to change anything. Changes cost money, so why spend money on them if everyone is already buying your stuff? It's not that complicated. It would take a massive user boycott for anything to change (Steam strike, anyone?), and that's not going to happen.

That said, Steam offers a pretty good service regardless of their flaws. There's not much use in complaining about it, though I understand the negativity.

1. I'm a marketing guy not a sales guy :)
2. I do this for more reasons than just "I want to affect change in our bottom line". If that were the case I wouldn't do things like meet up with you guys for lunch, play video games with you, etc. etc. I just like the Video Game community and enjoy being a part of it...even though you're all insane :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1304 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Steam's CYA/SSA policies are less than ideal for the consumer, especially if you cross the line into the grey areas. And the landscape they've formed is very different from how PC gamers used to take ownership of their games.

But to call Steam a shit service and claim that Valve releases its own games lacking in content—when in fact so much is added post facto and for free—just shows an illogically prejudiced and bitter perspective.

But hey, Amazon. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of their current digital library setup, but I like their prices.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1305 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

@ Tony,

Any chance of matching the Sherlock Holmes bundle?

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#1306 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

@ Tony,

Any chance of matching the Sherlock Holmes bundle?

Unfortunately we don't match bundles as they take time and resources to create, so unless we have them in existence we can't justify that time to make new ones just for matches.

Example, the guy who would make that bundle is currently making the Squeenix bundle.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1307 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

@ Tony:

Any advance of Mass Effect 3 sale? Thanks man for your time.

#1308 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

@ Tony:

Any advance of Mass Effect 3 sale? Thanks man for your time.

I've got some stuff cooking but not until November.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1309 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Any possibility of a sale on BF3 Premium? I got a $10 copy from the last sale but I've played the crap out of the vanilla maps on 360 so I'm hoping for a good deal on the maps at some point. Keep up the good work with the sales Tony, I'm looking forward to Black Friday, although I don't think my wallet will be too thrilled

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#1310 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Tony, i know this is probably not your department. Could you please inquire to bring back the digital store for consoles (ex. Playstation Network or Xbox Live Content).

I only ask because i have purchased content from amazon's digital store and it is flawless. Other retailers are falling WAY short in this department. I don't even know where to begin from inefficiency to overall poor customer service.

I know you focus on the PC market, but if you can shoot up the ladder that everyone else is pretty much failing on the console digital downloads front.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#1311 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Tony, i know this is probably not your department. Could you please inquire to bring back the digital store for consoles (ex. Playstation Network or Xbox Live Content).

I only ask because i have purchased content from amazon's digital store and it is flawless. Other retailers are falling WAY short in this department. I don't even know where to begin from inefficiency to overall poor customer service.

I know you focus on the PC market, but if you can shoot up the ladder that everyone else is pretty much failing on the console digital downloads front.

Seconded, PSN purchases doen through Amazon were quick and painless
Posted Image

#1312 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Seconded, PSN purchases doen through Amazon were quick and painless

We still sell XBOX Live points and subs:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B001V7QIDO/

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004VSTQ2A/

This actually got moved under my group now. Are you asking specifically about the PSN points cards?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1313 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Steam's CYA/SSA policies are less than ideal for the consumer, especially if you cross the line into the grey areas. And the landscape they've formed is very different from how PC gamers used to take ownership of their games.

But to call Steam a shit service and claim that Valve releases its own games lacking in content—when in fact so much is added post facto and for free—just shows an illogically prejudiced and bitter perspective.

But hey, Amazon. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of their current digital library setup, but I like their prices.

I think the issue has a lot to do with people seeing companies as either greedy and money grubbing or benevolent angels with nothing in between. Amazon and Steam are made up of people who have all sorts of complex motivations for the things they do. They are companies, so of course they are interested in being profitable. They want to continue doing what they do and perhaps explore exciting new things as well. At the same time, why would money be the only thing driving a company when it is run and maintained by a group of (probably) decent people? Certainly the bottom line is important, even crucial, but that doesn't automatically make everyone looking to turn a profit an ancient evil greed monster out to destroy you.

2. I do this for more reasons than just "I want to affect change in our bottom line". If that were the case I wouldn't do things like meet up with you guys for lunch, play video games with you, etc. etc. I just like the Video Game community and enjoy being a part of it...even though you're all insane :).

Cheers,
Tony

You meet people for lunch? :shock:

#1314 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I am really talking about everything PSN/XBL Currency and you used to be able to buy games that were on PSN/XBL. Hell sometimes amazon used to have PSN/XBL sales. I have had such a terrible experience recently and i came to you for change. Your like the Barack Obama of Amazon. I'm not asking for a solution today, just know there a lot of people that are desperate need this back.

Also everyone else that is doing this are fucking lemmings.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#1315 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I wouldn't take any blame for it, man. Some people have their own agenda and use anything as a catalyst to unleash it. I wouldn't mind a Desura like client - meaning it would be optional. Or an update game page. Gamersgate doesn't have it's own client, but I find their shelf/game list easier to navigate than Amazon.

I think an optional client is totally fine and wholly support this idea. I don't see why people would complain about something being optional but I guess people will find anything to complain about.

Anyway, Amazon has a ways to go before they can get to something like a client so I don't think anyone needs to worry about that happening soon. They can't even figure out how to sell a bunch of keys at once for 1C. :-P

#1316 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

True. However, I find it easier to access my games now, with Steam and other services, than I ever did back in the days of discs (or disks) in boxes.

#1317 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I think the issue has a lot to do with people seeing companies as either greedy and money grubbing or benevolent angels with nothing in between. Amazon and Steam are made up of people who have all sorts of complex motivations for the things they do. They are companies, so of course they are interested in being profitable. They want to continue doing what they do and perhaps explore exciting new things as well. At the same time, why would money be the only thing driving a company when it is run and maintained by a group of (probably) decent people? Certainly the bottom line is important, even crucial, but that doesn't automatically make everyone looking to turn a profit an ancient evil greed monster out to destroy you.

Good customer service and being considered consumer friendly are great ways to be profitable -- it costs roughly 6 times as much to acquire a new customer as it does to retain an existing one, which is more likely when you have good customer service. Those satisfied customers are more likely to tell their friends, and who doesn't love free advertising from credible sources? Kudos to Amazon for realizing this and giving us someone as awesome as Tony, who no doubt does a better job because he's actually a gamer as well. :)
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1318 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

You meet people for lunch? :shock:

Yeah dude, I've met a few of you jokers for lunch at this point. I was supposed to meet up with one of you today but I bring my dog to work and it is crappy out so outside dining wasn't an option.

I am really talking about everything PSN/XBL Currency and you used to be able to buy games that were on PSN/XBL. Hell sometimes amazon used to have PSN/XBL sales. I have had such a terrible experience recently and i came to you for change. Your like the Barack Obama of Amazon. I'm not asking for a solution today, just know there a lot of people that are desperate need this back.

Also everyone else that is doing this are fucking lemmings.

We don't carry non-sub/point content right now nor do I know what the plans are for doing so. As for the PSN stuff...keep an eye on this thread yo.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1319 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah dude, I've met a few of you jokers for lunch at this point. I was supposed to meet up with one of you today but I bring my dog to work and it is crappy out so outside dining wasn't an option.

We don't carry non-sub/point content right now nor do I know what the plans are for doing so. As for the PSN stuff...keep an eye on this thread yo.

Cheers,
Tony

You can bring your dog to work? Each day your job sounds more and more awesome.
Posted Image

#1320 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

You can bring your dog to work? Each day your job sounds more and more awesome.

The only days of Paddington's life that haven't been spent at Amazon.com have been the 8 weeks before I got him, weekends, and the 2 times I've gone out of town since getting him.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"