Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13321 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Update, these will be on sale in January AND added to the Editor's Choice List:

1/1-1/2:

The Secret World
- $17.99

1/1-1/5:

Mass Effect Trilogy - 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - 14.99
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 26.99
Mass Effect 3 - 14.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - 19.99
Battlefield 3: Premium Edition - 35.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition - 29.99
FIFA Soccer 13 - 19.99
FIFA Manager 13 - 19.99
Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection - 29.99

Cheers,
Tony

Meh

Hope 2K, WB, THQ, and Ubi give us better deals

#13322 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Some, decent deals on newish games for the EC list. Looks like EA learned a bit from their awful one day sale with coupon. Nothing for me, but promising for the month of January.

#13323 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

guys, question

do i really need the DLC for TW: Shogun 2 to enjoy the game?

Do the DLC's make a big difference for the game?

Can i still enjoy the game without the DLC? because the game has been out for a while and im probably only going to play it just because its in my library

#13324 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Game is perfectly fine without the DLC. Rise and Fall are both pretty good additions. The other DLC is mostly for huge fans that want to specialize.

#13325 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

ME3 won't be lower than $15? That'd make it $10 after promo credit which is kind of weak IMO since gamefly had it for $8 recently.

Yeah, not impressed at all. I thought the price match was held out on because there was going to be a better sale on it in January, not a crappier one. Conflicting...? Alright.

Idiotekque will want us all to get TSW...

Correction, you will all get TSW.

If only I see that TSW $5 deal on GMG again (or by anyone else)...
...and/or TSW gets an OFFLINE MODE added.

Shush, you're buying it.

I'd love to see a repeat of all the Sims 3 packs (or at least the half-dozen packs released in 2012) on the EC list.

Yeah, that won't happen...

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#13326 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Game is perfectly fine without the DLC. Rise and Fall are both pretty good additions. The other DLC is mostly for huge fans that want to specialize.

i was just wondering thanks man, because i just bought the fall of the samurai from gmg and i almost bought the total war 2 pack but didnt haha

#13327 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Tony,

I've referenced this before but sort of realized it wasn't possible: since Stronghold Collection and Stronghold 3 have two different publishers they could never end up in an Amazon bundle together, right? Anyhoo... Summer Sale: XCOM + Civ 5 + Stronghold Collection pack!

The Stronghold games could possibly be bundled together. Steam is currently selling them as a bundle.

#13328 pantsattack

pantsattack

this computer is a time machine, but it only goes forward

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Hmmmm, should I get the WTF Pack for Darkness II and resell the keys for DNF & Borderlands or get the Desert to Sea bundle for Spec Ops and resell the Bioshock keys? Both Darkness II or Spec OPS will go in my backlog as I don't have the PC to play them yet.

Kinda feel that there'll be more sales on Spec Ops in 2013 so I might be better off getting Darkness II for cheap now. But wouldn't the Bioshock keys be easier to sell at let's say $2/ea or $3/both?

You sound like you're in my boat. I've decided to hold on D2 and Spec Ops, as they can headline packs for only so long. Either there will be a reshuffling of bundled games or the sale price will go lower yet. Mafia 2 is getting older and hasn't had many decent sales I'm hoping it shows in a pack with the previously mentioned games so I don't have to resell my duplicates.

#13329 quaintenance

quaintenance

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Haven't had a chance to scan through all of this thread, but have a question about buying a bundle of Total War: Shogun 2 (all DLC and expansion). I know there is a deal on GMG right now. But any opinion as to how good a deal that is right now? Is it likely to be on Amazon Editor's Choice in a pack in January?

Thanks!

#13330 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Can anybody weigh in on if the extra $5 is worth it for Mass Effect 3 digital deluxe version? Thanks in advance.

#13331 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

guys, question

do i really need the DLC for TW: Shogun 2 to enjoy the game?

Do the DLC's make a big difference for the game?

Can i still enjoy the game without the DLC? because the game has been out for a while and im probably only going to play it just because its in my library

No, you don't really need any of the DLC to enjoy Shogun 2. Most of it adds new units, battles, and clans to play as or against, but you definitely don't need any of these, as the game comes with plenty of them as is. If you're only looking for DLC that really adds something substantial, you might want to just stick with the "Rise of the Samurai Campaign" DLC, as it adds a new campaign to the game.

#13332 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Cool to see The Secret World being added to the list, I'll probably buy that one and play with you guys.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#13333 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Hey Idiotekque, can you convince us why we NEED TSW. I am willing to buy into it if you can give me some highlights? Thanks

#13334 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Correction, you will all get TSW.

Only if you gift it to us all. :P

Shush, you're buying it.

See my above statement again. :P

#13335 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hmmmm, should I get the WTF Pack for Darkness II and resell the keys for DNF & Borderlands or get the Desert to Sea bundle for Spec Ops and resell the Bioshock keys? Both Darkness II or Spec OPS will go in my backlog as I don't have the PC to play them yet.

Kinda feel that there'll be more sales on Spec Ops in 2013 so I might be better off getting Darkness II for cheap now. But wouldn't the Bioshock keys be easier to sell at let's say $2/ea or $3/both?

Darkness II will be on deals at $5 mostly. Spec Ops will go at 7,5$ the firsts 2 months of 2013.

If you want Gameplay, go with Darkness II, is addictive and the action is awesome.

If you want a deep and intense background, Spec Ops.

BUT, Darkness 2 background is GREAT too... different but great. You WILL play both games straight until finished

#13336 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Mass Effect 3 for $10 ($14.99 - 5 off coupon) is what I was looking for! I have ME 1 and 2 already.

#13337 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Darkness II will be on deals at $5 mostly. Spec Ops will go at 7,5$ the firsts 2 months of 2013.

If you want Gameplay, go with Darkness II, is addictive and the action is awesome.

If you want a deep and intense background, Spec Ops.

BUT, Darkness 2 background is GREAT too... different but great. You WILL play both games straight until finished

Agreed with this, the only reason i haven't bought Spec Ops on PC (finished the game on the PS3) it's because the history is great but the gameplay is fun but not awesome. The Darkness while being a short game makes it up with really awesome gameplay and i see myself playing through the game again to get all the upgrades.

Tretton.png

#13338 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Mass Effect 3 for $10 ($14.99 - 5 off coupon) is what I was looking for! I have ME 1 and 2 already.

ME3 is great, for the most part...

Just make sure you shut the game off at a certain point, when you reach the final mission.
You'll thank me later. ;)

So, bookmark this post and read this once you actually hit the final mission...
Spoiler

:D

#13339 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

I have my doubts on TSW...

The way I see it: It went from a very anticipated game. High price, all the media upon it, monthly fee... Now no much talking about it, no montlhy fee... it seems it will go F2P soon...

Am I wrong? Is the game any good?. I only use to play MP games on the likes of L4D2, KF, BFBC2 and such... never a MMO. Yes, I NEVER played WOW. I don't like to pay monthly fees, and I don't like most of the F2P games, don't know why

#13340 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hahaha yeah I read about that whole ending thing of ME3. I actually started ME probably around 3 or 4 times already but stopped playing it.

#13341 Womps

Womps

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Sorry if this has been posted before, but does purchasing Gods and Kings give you the $5 2K publisher coupon? Thanks in advance.

#13342 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Hey Idiotekque, can you convince us why we NEED TSW. I am willing to buy into it if you can give me some highlights? Thanks

Hmm, I posted some info on it here: http://www.cheapassg...postcount=12739

Really though, I think it's main value comes from the fact that it's a very well put together modern day RPG. There just aren't any of those. It's either medieval or future; there's nothing that coincides well with present day and has a good RPG base. The only other similar series that comes to mind is Persona (which are GREAT games), but you're of course going to get some crazy anime influences there.

TSW is very mature, gritty, yet still whimsical and artistically created. It's something new (and no, it's not all zombies).

Only if you gift it to us all. :P

You're a grown ass man, you can cough up $12.99. :P

it seems it will go F2P soon...

I actually DON'T see that happening, primarily from the fact that the cash shop doesn't consist of items that you have to buy to be powerful in the game. The cash shop is full of cosmetic items, that's about it.

Unless of course you've read anything eluding to the fact that it will go F2P, I think that's a misconception. The game is very active and seems to have a loyal player base.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#13343 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Sorry if this has been posted before, but does purchasing Gods and Kings give you the $5 2K publisher coupon? Thanks in advance.

Too late for publisher coupons, 2K was 12/25 or earlier, other three were 12/24 or earlier

#13344 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm looking for a good deal on The Walking Dead in January, hopefully $10 or so after coupon. I would get BF3 Premium but that would be the only game I have on Origin (other than this 1 game I got for free but can't recall) which isn't worth it to me. I guess I can wait for the 2K Strat pack, I already have a massive backlog already. If all goes well with the Bethesda Pack, I think I'm good for this sale season. I just can't decide whether or not I should get CS:GO/Franchise or not, think it should be a steeper discount.

#13345 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hmm, I posted some info on it here: http://www.cheapassg...postcount=12739

Really though, I think it's main value comes from the fact that it's a very well put together modern day RPG. There just aren't any of those. It's either medieval or future; there's nothing that coincides well with present day and has a good RPG base. The only other similar series that comes to mind is Persona (which are GREAT games), but you're of course going to get some crazy anime influences there.

TSW is very mature, gritty, yet still whimsical and artistically created. It's something new (and no, it's not all zombies).

My problem w/ TSW, back when I was in the TSW Beta (NO NDA's!), was that the combat and questing was NOT that great to me.
Since the game is combat-heavy, combat felt floaty and just didn't feel right at all.
Meanwhile, questing often felt like typical ARPG/MMO fanfare (kill X enemies, kill X enemies by setting them on fire, find X locations, find X people, etc).

You're a grown ass man, you can cough up $12.99. :P

GMG ruined it, by having the game once at $5.xx (back right before the game dropped subscriptions).
We get something around that ballpark for an "online only" game, I might consider it. ;)

EDIT:
If they ever drop the required DRM (and include an optional additional offline mode), I'd consider it at a little bit more expensive than $5.xx. :P

#13346 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

My problem w/ TSW, back when I was in the TSW Beta (NO NDA's!), was that the combat and questing was NOT that great to me.
Since the game is combat-heavy, combat felt floaty and just didn't feel right at all.
Meanwhile, questing often felt like typical ARPG/MMO fanfare (kill X enemies, kill X enemies by setting them on fire, find X locations, find X people, etc).

Really? I find the combat really nicely done, in fact that's probably my favorite thing about it so far. I wonder how much they tweaked things since the demo.

GMG ruined it, by having the game once at $5.xx (back right before the game dropped subscriptions).
We get something around that ballpark, I might consider it. ;)

Seeing that the sale price went up from the last sale, I don't see that happening for quite awhile. Fluffnugget and I have a wager about that, I think...

uwkiCEr.gif

#13347 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Really? I find the combat really nicely done, in fact that's probably my favorite thing about it so far. I wonder how much they tweaked things since the demo.

Here's something I've said before about TSW Beta:

The combat controls - seems odd that left-click don't do a basic attack and that I can't attach a Basic Attack to that; I have to hit Hotkey [I set it as Middle Mouse and Right Control] to do a basic attack. Got used to it, though.

EDIT:

Seeing that the sale price went up from the last sale, I don't see that happening for quite awhile. Fluffnugget and I have a wager about that, I think...

Probably won't, since it dropped the sub....unless the game STILL is tanking.

#13348 Womps

Womps

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Too late for publisher coupons, 2K was 12/25 or earlier, other three were 12/24 or earlier

I bought Gods and Kings during Black Friday, but I didn't get any publisher coupon. I don't know if I was supposed to or what.

#13349 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

GMG ruined it, by having the game once at $5.xx

Agreed. I want it and yet now that I know it was $5 at one point...

steam_sig.png

#13350 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Agreed. I want it and yet now that I know it was $5 at one point...

Exactly!

I guess we'll have to convince Funcom and Tony to do some TSW giveaways or something.
Why not?
He did some 2K giveaways that I missed out on! ;)