Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13441 DeusAtrox

DeusAtrox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

yeah that side menu thing has been bs so far

Agreed, the side menu is at BEST unreliable.
Posted Image

#13442 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders Amazon reviews:

Requires some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!!

Beautiful scenes and music, moderately challenging puzzles, fun to play.

Requires a some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!!

here's one of those gems
This review is from: Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders [Download] (Software Download)
I paid for this, began what I thought would be a straightforward download, and got a message that I had to install a program called Steam in order to complete the download. This required a whole new registration at an unfamiliar website, which gave instructions to click on one of two (depending on which "support" menu you read) links to "activate a new program." NEITHER LINK APPEARS ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN OR ON ANY OF THE DROPDOWN MENUS!
So I link to the Steam support function, and come to find that "Support" is an entirely separate website that you have to register for all over again! Outrageous BS! You're left having paid for the game and with no way of downloading it. Thanks Amazon or Steam or whoever it is who is ripping me off. Well that was a totally bogus waste of time and money!

Should I pick up Spec Ops or Darkness 2 with my 2k coupon?
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#13443 Lunk

Lunk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Tony -

I'm loving Amazon's sales so far. With the exception of one dirt cheap piece of DLC, every game I've bought during the Black Friday and Christmas sales has come from Amazon, and I expect that will probably continue as all the Editor's Choice coupons I've accumulated become active. Great work! :)

Do you (or anyone else) know if the $2.50ish deal you had on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes a couple weeks ago is likely to be coming back any time soon? I meant to buy it but forgot, and by the time I checked again it had gone back up.

#13444 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Any chance of seeing Endless Space before the end of January?

fs_overall.png

#13445 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

How likely is it that LA Noire will make it onto the EC list?

not even remotely

#13446 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

That's a tough one - b/c both are awesome.

If you want a short (like 7-hours or so), but great SP campaign b/c of its story, choices, and character development -- go w/ Spec Ops: The Line.
Gameplay-wise, it's a good 3rd-person cover-style shooter - but it's the other stuff (that I mentioned above) that stands out majorly; especially when you compare it to other military shooters.

If you want a game w/ awesome shooting mechanics, the cool-as-can be quad-weildling, twisted story, cool cel-shaded graphics and lots of gore/violence -- take Darkness 2. This IS how I think FEAR 3 should've turned out, if you ask me.

Beautiful scenes and music, moderately challenging puzzles, fun to play.

Requires a some program called Steam. This sucks!!! 1 star!!

here's one of those gems
This review is from: Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders [Download] (Software Download)
I paid for this, began what I thought would be a straightforward download, and got a message that I had to install a program called Steam in order to complete the download. This required a whole new registration at an unfamiliar website, which gave instructions to click on one of two (depending on which "support" menu you read) links to "activate a new program." NEITHER LINK APPEARS ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN OR ON ANY OF THE DROPDOWN MENUS!
So I link to the Steam support function, and come to find that "Support" is an entirely separate website that you have to register for all over again! Outrageous BS! You're left having paid for the game and with no way of downloading it. Thanks Amazon or Steam or whoever it is who is ripping me off. Well that was a totally bogus waste of time and money!

Posted Image

EDIT:
BTW, double face-palm is aimed at those pathetic reviews, BTW.
I can understand people not liking Steam (b/c it's DRM), but Steam's VERY functional and has A LOT of benefits - for both those who know what they're doing and even those who don't.
If people want to knock DRM, they need to knock the "always online" bullcrap some other games have (MMO's; Diablo 3; what UbiSoft once did w/ AC2 and SC: Conviction before the complaints caused them to lighten up).

Even when I hated Steam (i.e. back when it first came out, before it got much improved), I still thought back then HL2 was fantastic game.

#13447 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

both are great
great stories
about the same length (spec ops may be a little longer-don't remember for sure)
I would say spec ops has a better story and darkness 2 has better gameplay
(but that doesn't take into account the tps versus fps factor - personally i like tps better so to me they were about equal on gameplay)
and spec ops has a better story

its a personal preference thing
i liked spec ops better

#13448 Evrad

Evrad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Tony, i repeat this: Any chance of having a sale on Alan Wake's games?

PS: If you add TSW to the EC list, and we're able to get it for 10$ or less (with a coupon) I'll buy it in a heartbeat, and some of my friends too!

#13449 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Of course the wife informs me she wants the Civil V Gods & Kings DLC this morning after I already used my 2K coupon. Thanks for still having it somewhat on sale Tony. I can't tell you how far you've helped me stretch my gaming dollar this year.

#13450 asdo

asdo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

@Tony, any chance of a deal on NBA 2K13 anytime soon?

#13451 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

how long is the deal on Assassin's Creed III for?

#13452 yaynick

yaynick

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Of course the wife informs me she wants the Civil V Gods & Kings DLC this morning after I already used my 2K coupon. Thanks for still having it somewhat on sale Tony. I can't tell you how far you've helped me stretch my gaming dollar this year.

Gods & Kings is expected to be $3.15 soon on GMG with their 30% off code.

#13453 mink-e

mink-e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Gods & Kings is expected to be $3.15 soon on GMG with their 30% off code.

Thanks a ton! Obviously I need to watch more threads around here. My first choice for buying games has been well earned by Tony and crew, but that's just too good a deal to pass up.

#13454 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Tony I have a shameless request to price match Steam's daily deal for Witcher 2 at $7.49

#13455 Patch517

Patch517

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Tony I have a shameless request to price match Steam's daily deal for Witcher 2 at $7.49

They don't carry it.

#13456 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Tony, i repeat this: Any chance of having a sale on Alan Wake's games?

PS: If you add TSW to the EC list, and we're able to get it for 10$ or less (with a coupon) I'll buy it in a heartbeat, and some of my friends too!

TSW should be 12.99 after coupon soon. I remember it being mentioned somewhere in the thread.

#13457 lulzorcito

lulzorcito

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Anyone knows if this pack is coming back on offer during January? It shows in the 2012 Editor's Choice list

#13458 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Tony said that it would never come back.

foxhack.jpg

#13459 Papytendo

Papytendo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Anyone knows if this pack is coming back on offer during January? It shows in the 2012 Editor's Choice list

There is Absolutely 0 chance of that happening.

Cheers,
Tony

^

edit: yeah that

#13460 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Let's get the giving started again today!!!! I will start us off.

Darksiders II Abyssal Forge DLC:
Spoiler

#13461 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

The Big EA bundle is not shown anymore on the upcoming list. Did that fall through?

#13462 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Darksiders II Abyssal Forge DLC:

Spoiler

Lurked by turds

#13463 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

^

edit: yeah that

Tell us more Tony :D
10$ after coupon? 5$?

#13464 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yeah it does. Which is odd and disappointing.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#13465 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Tony, just out of curiosity, is there some reason the 2K Shooter Pack has DNF in the picture instead of Borderlands GOTY? I'd imagine that you'd get a bit more interest if Borderlands were displayed prominently.

#13466 yaynick

yaynick

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Yeah it does. Which is odd and disappointing.

I'm pretty happy about it. :applause: The more people happy, the better, right?

Edit: Also, why be disappointed? The last time it was on sale, editor's choice hadn't even been mentioned. Why be disappointed when a deal is made accessible to more people? The price of the bundle isn't even known yet, so it could be worse anyway.

#13467 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Tony, just out of curiosity, is there some reason the 2K Shooter Pack has DNF in the picture instead of Borderlands GOTY? I'd imagine that you'd get a bit more interest if Borderlands were displayed prominently.

I didn't even realize that it had Borderlands GOTY and avoided even clicking on it when it shows The Duke. A little late now but it really does need changed since featuring Duke Nukem front and center honestly does turn a lot of people off if they already own Bioshock 1/2.

#13468 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I have a DOTA 2 invite I'd be willing to give in return.

Whenever I see DOTA I always think 童貞[doutei] (virgin boy).

Spoiler

As sad as it is, I find the raging steam hate on Amazon reviews useful for pointing out untagged steam titles.

Thanks a ton! Obviously I need to watch more threads around here. My first choice for buying games has been well earned by Tony and crew, but that's just too good a deal to pass up.

The most useful PC threads are in my sig (barring the steam thread).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13469 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

I've talked with several people who did not even know Borderlands was included because it isn't in the picture.

#13470 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Apologies if this is old news, but someone was asking Tony about it:

Amazon has now PMed Sonic Adventure 2 Battlemode DLC to Steam's price of $1.49.

Now I just wish Amazon would PM Legendary: Steam's sale price is $1.24, it's still $1.99 on Amazon.