Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13561 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?

Last year stuff on the Editor's Choice list went on sale throughout the month of January while the coupons were active. Not all at once, but each few days brought different sales on the EC list. I was a little annoyed with myself for using all my coupons early and then watching things go cheaper but whatever. It was a learning experience.

I have no way of knowing if they'll run it the same way this year. Since the coupons are good all month, I'd just note which games you're interested in and watch the site and/or this thread and see if they get a discount. Coupons are good all month anyway and I'm sure your backlog misses you.

#13562 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Random question. If someone buys an Amazon giftcard in Australia or wherever, can they send it via email to an American and they are able to use it?

From a retail store, and what currency is the gift card in?

Someone living Australia can buy a digital gift card from Amazon.com, and anyone can claim it on the US Amazon store.

Also, I don't think there is an Australian version of Amazon. (amazon.com.au redirects to amazon.co.uk)

#13563 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

any word if hitman will be added to the editors choice? want to know if i should just buy it now or wait and see if its on the editors choice so i can get it for 15

Tony said it's highly unlikely.

Vanilla will still be only $19.99 though starting in three hours. Still cheaper than Steam right now during the Flash sale.

#13564 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

From a retail store, and what currency is the gift card in?

Someone living Australia can buy a digital gift card from Amazon.com, and anyone can claim it on the US Amazon store.

Also, I don't think there is an Australian version of Amazon. (amazon.com.au redirects to amazon.co.uk)

I can confirm that there's no Australian Amazon. Have an Aussie friend who always bitches about sellers not offering international shipping and whatnot, lol.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13565 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

that would be awesome, amalur on its own has been under $10 a few times, but never with all of the dlc content.

Oops, that's what I mean to say. KoA with all of the DLC for under $10.

Don't own it, don't hate it, but not a fan, don't know anything about it. Hence I forgot about the DLC angle of the sale.

#13566 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

tony any sale on starcraft 2?

Might want to check GamersGate for that one first.

#13567 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Fuck did I miss something about the Civ 5 GOTY sale being only a day? Went out for my brother's birthday and completely forgot about it until now...

#13568 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Fuck did I miss something about the Civ 5 GOTY sale being only a day? Went out for my brother's birthday and completely forgot about it until now...

Yeah, that was a one-day sale event.

I just bought the 2K Strategy Pack for $14.99 though instead.

#13569 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

tony any sale on starcraft 2?

Amazon doesn't sell digital downloads of Blizzard games.

#13570 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

^^^^
Ya, get the 2K Super Strategy Pack [make sure it is the SUPER pack that includes the God&Kings expansion]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#13571 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

How much was it? I asked the other day about any additional 2K deals that might be coming up and people told me it was just the 2K packs. So I flat-out missed the Civ 5 GOTY sale.

#13572 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

^^^
CIV 5 GOTY was $12.50 and 2K coupon eligible [bringing the price down to $7.50]

**EDIT**
Here's to hoping Tomb Raider: Underworld flips to a sub $3 price at midnight PST!!!

Edited by UW_Shocks, 30 December 2012 - 06:10 AM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#13573 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Sounds like I didn't miss much. Better to buy the Super Strategy pack if I'm interested in Civ 5.

Speaking of which, if I were to buy the Super Strategy pack, would I own every last piece of Civ 5 DLC? Or is there something not included?

#13574 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

^^^^
Ya, get the 2K Super Strategy Pack [make sure it is the SUPER pack that includes the God&Kings expansion]

Actually, it's the 2K Strategy Super Pack if you want to get that technical with exact precise wording.

But it's the only 2K pack with Civ 5 GOTY anyway, so I'm not sure what your point was.

EDIT: The Mega Pack apparently also has Civ 5 GOTY. Someone just interested in Civ games isn't going to be interested in that pack though. Either way, all of this is in the OP.

Edited by Tolyngee, 30 December 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#13575 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Sounds like I didn't miss much. Better to buy the Super Strategy pack if I'm interested in Civ 5.

Speaking of which, if I were to buy the Super Strategy pack, would I own every last piece of Civ 5 DLC? Or is there something not included?

You still need this:

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack

It was $1.87 yesterday; now it's $3.74.

#13576 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Actually, it's the 2K Strategy Super Pack if you want to get that technical with exact precise wording.

But it's the only 2K pack with Civ 5 GOTY anyway, so I'm not sure what your point was.

He was just trying to help you out man. No need to take it any other way.

You still need this:

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack

It was $1.87 yesterday; now it's $3.74.

Oh Ok, thanks. I had a feeling that there was something else.

#13577 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

This can only be settled by a fight to the death.

#13578 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

By potentially causing confusion?

My apologies for abbreviating anything. Next time people can just look at the OP.

Actually, I think he meant it could be confused with the Mega Pack. Apparently that also has Civ 5 GOTY.

But someone just interested in Civ 5 isn't going to want that pack anyway, and it's no where near the price I mentioned.

#13579 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

This is juicy.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13580 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Keep going, guys. I wanna see who wins the internet!

#13581 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

You know, this has all the makings of the stupidest argument in the history of the internet. I think I'm just gonna back out of this right here.

Thanks to both of you for the answers to my questions.

#13582 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Oh snap.

#13583 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Taking the high road? Oh no he didn't!

bZ2g3eF.png

#13584 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

When the deals first launched there was an older strategy pack by 2K that had the same games but without the Gods and Kings expansion. It too was $20, and had 1 less game.

Here it is, although it looks like the price is now back to the pre-sale price:
http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B006OF1BCG

I was referring to the previous posts:

did I miss something about the Civ 5 GOTY sale being only a day? Went out for my brother's birthday and completely forgot about it until now...

Thanks The End, didn't mean to rile up this thread,

Edited by UW_Shocks, 30 December 2012 - 06:24 AM.
added more

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#13585 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Taking the high road? Oh no he didn't!

Damn, I paid good money for that.. and it ended so quickly :cry:

#13586 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Damn, I paid good money for that.. and it ended so quickly :cry:

Gotta work on your stamina man...

bZ2g3eF.png

#13587 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

This can only be settled by a fight to the death.

You couldn't help remind me of Captain Ronald Speirs from Band of Brothers. He'd tell soldiers their problem isn't that they're scared (everyone's scared), but that they still have hope. Once you accept that you're already dead is when you can finally become the soldier you need to be.

The man survived the entire European Theatre (including D-Day) with that attitude, and without much of a scratch to boot. Why he wasn't killed at the Battle of Foy is anyone's guess.

#13588 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I happen to have an extra code for Civ 5 GOTY, if anyone wants to buy it off me drop me a PM. Thanks 2k mega pack!

#13589 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

So any more games going to be added to the Ediors Choice for 2012?

#13590 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hey, Mooby. Lets fight. I wanna make i name for myself for being the first person to defeat whatever you are.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png