Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13741 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Double Dribble sounds similiar - you probably would have like it too back in the day! :applause:

Double Dribble (NES) really is not THAT much similar to NBA Jam. Good NES game, back in its day, though.

I'd say NBA Jam series more like that old game Arch Rivals on steroids.

Anybody remember Super High Impact? ;)
NFL Blitz reminds me of Super High Impact on steroids, as well.

#13742 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

If you bought the Bioshock Pack for $4.99, you didn't get the 2K $5 off deal? O_o

If you are asking about getting the coupon, you had to have bought it on or before 12/25 to get the credit.

If you were asking about using the coupon on it, credit was only good on a purchase $9.99 or greater.

#13743 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Last I played was NBA Jam T.E. on the PSX. It was 2D, like a side-scrolling platformer, and it was awesome.

The game I miss more is NBA Jam's cousin, NFL Blitz. Granted that the late hits, legdrops and crazy celebrations will never fly in Roger Goodell's NFL, but it was still insanely fun twisted sister to Madden.

#13744 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

The game I miss more is NBA Jam's cousin, NFL Blitz. Granted that the late hits, legdrops and crazy celebrations will never fly in Roger Goodell's NFL, but it was still insanely fun twisted sister to Madden.

And watching Brett Favre do backflips.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13745 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Wonder what the chances are of Civ 5 items (specifically Gods and Kings) appearing in the EC list? Steam has the whole Civ 5 at 75% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

Tried to get it off GMG (first time on that site, was using GG as my "other" site until the epic pricing fail) but they refuse to take any of my payment options. I don't believe for a second that Paypal thinks they're a gambling site. :roll:

#13746 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Wonder what the chances are of Civ 5 items (specifically Gods and Kings) appearing in the EC list? Steam has the whole Civ 5 at 75% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

Tried to get it off GMG (first time on that site, was using GG as my "other" site until the epic pricing fail) but they refuse to take any of my payment options. I don't believe for a second that Paypal thinks they're a gambling site. :roll:

Gods n Kings is still only $3.15 at GMG.

#13747 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Anyone here that won't be using their 2K coupon? I'd love to get a NBA 2K12 (the Steam key) for $5 paypal, and maybe some sweet if you need it :) I have decent rep overall on Steam, so I hope you'll be fine with that!

Also, are there any words on Mafia 1 sticking around or dissappearing from Amazon list soon? Tony, any ideas? :|

#13748 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

NBA 2K13 for $10 before coupon in January? kthxbai <3

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13749 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

NBA 2K13 for $10 before coupon in January? kthxbai <3

I like that thought. :D
Though, I still got my $5 off 2K coupon that dies tomorrow.
So, I'd rather NBA2K13 goes on sale TOMORROW at $10 (before coupon). ;)

#13750 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Anyone here that won't be using their 2K coupon? I'd love to get a NBA 2K12 (the Steam key) for $5 paypal, and maybe some sweet if you need it :) I have decent rep overall on Steam, so I hope you'll be fine with that!

Also, are there any words on Mafia 1 sticking around or dissappearing from Amazon list soon? Tony, any ideas? :|

Check your messages mate :D

#13751 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I like that thought. :D
Though, I still got my $5 off 2K coupon that dies tomorrow.
So, I'd rather NBA2K13 goes on sale TOMORROW at $10 (before coupon). ;)

I like your thinking, but what are the chances of the very first discount for NBA2K13 on steam being 66% off and starting tomorrow?
Don't most steam discounts start at 25%-50% off the first time they are discounted?

#13752 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

I like your thinking, but what are the chances of the very first discount for NBA2K13 on steam being 66% off and starting tomorrow?
Don't most steam discounts start at 25%-50% off the first time they are discounted?

I don't have anything to add to this conversation. I just want to say that every time I see your avatar, I think it's Al Bundy as a jester.

#13753 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I don't have anything to add to this conversation. I just want to say that every time I see your avatar, I think it's Al Bundy as a jester.

Funny! I would have said Eddie Haskell, but I see Al Bundy as well...

(Heck, some probably see Steve Carell)

#13754 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

I see the beer posters.

Spoiler

#13755 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

I see the beer posters.

Spoiler

Off topic even more, I saw those quotes on your signature and I recommend the addition of the following one

#13756 UselessB

UselessB

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

So awesome, there'a a few in there that I want, and I still have a promo credit. Thanks.

#13757 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Check your messages mate :D

Argh! Dude!!!! Damn, a million thanks to you :D

Edited by mm3n, 31 December 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#13758 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Haven't played a basketball video game since Dr. J and Larry Bird Go One-on-One.

Troof.

#13759 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.

#13760 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

I see the beer posters.

Spoiler

That's pretty funny!
Actually, it is Danny Kaye from the 1956 movie - The Court Jester.
Call me weird, but I really enjoyed watching replays of his movies when I was growing up. How many of you guys have actually seen one of his movies?

What can I say - I am probably one of the older gamers on CAG... :)

#13761 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.

Amen.

bZ2g3eF.png

#13762 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Wasn't Mechromancer $3.50 at GMG the other day too?

#13763 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

GMG runs out of keys too fast. I tried to get Sine Mora, Alpha Protocol and some other game and every time I went it said "out of stock". It's like some divine force only wants me to shop at Amazon...

#13764 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now.

Just me being curious, but do you mean by "3% for the international"?

#13765 arsenhazzard

arsenhazzard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Just me being curious, but do you mean by "3% for the international"?

Most US credit cards charge a 3% (or thereabouts) transaction fee for international transactions. GMG is considered a UK site for billing purposes.

#13766 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

That's pretty funny!
Actually, it is Danny Kaye from the 1956 movie - The Court Jester.
Call me weird, but I really enjoyed watching replays of his movies when I was growing up. How many of you guys have actually seen one of his movies?

What can I say - I am probably one of the older gamers on CAG... :)

Danny Kaye does bear a striking resemblance to Eddie Haskell...

I'm very familiar with Leave it to Beaver, so I'm not that young myself...

#13767 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Most US credit cards charge a 3% (or thereabouts) transaction fee for international transactions. GMG is considered a UK site for billing purposes.

Pay via Paypal through your checking acct or PP balance and you avoid these fees.

#13768 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Wasn't Mechromancer $3.50 at GMG the other day too?

Yes, and the BL2 Season Pass was around $10, and Alpha Protocl today was like $3.50. They're really bringing it this week.

#13769 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yes, and the BL2 Season Pass was around $10, and Alpha Protocl today was like $3.50. They're really bringing it this week.

Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?

#13770 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Since 2K hasn't had any of theirs sports games as a daily at all yet, I doubt it...
....but, we never know w/ Valve and 3rd party publishers (like THQ) during these sales.

Sometimes, they troll the hell out of us (see the crazy Dawn of War: Franchise + SR:TT Franchise Pack/Full Package sales) - especially true on final day of a sale;
Or even RIGHT after it (Jade Empire sale, anyone?). ;)