Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#13771 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Tony,

Amazon is my only hope to get Alpha Protocol at a good price -- get some Steam keys for it from Sega and put it up as a weekly feature deal the next couple of months.

#13772 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?

No but the 4-pack sale on Steam wasn't too far off from $22.50 per copy.

#13773 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?

Gamersgate

Spoiler

#13774 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Gamersgate

Spoiler

But that one's called... beating yourself!

#13775 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

That's pretty funny!
Actually, it is Danny Kaye from the 1956 movie - The Court Jester.
Call me weird, but I really enjoyed watching replays of his movies when I was growing up. How many of you guys have actually seen one of his movies?

What can I say - I am probably one of the older gamers on CAG... :)

I thought it looked a little like Danny Kaye; but to be honest, White Christmas is the only one of his movies I've ever watched.

#13776 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Gamersgate

Spoiler

Yup, I can't complain for $11.25 a copy.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#13777 SuperSonic X 316

SuperSonic X 316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

I know the site is called Cheap Ass Gamer but it seems that Amazon is expected to match every other site's deals. I am loving the deals though; got Scribblenauts Unlimited and the 2k Super Strategy Pack.

#13778 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Wonder what the chances are of Civ 5 items (specifically Gods and Kings) appearing in the EC list? Steam has the whole Civ 5 at 75% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

Tried to get it off GMG (first time on that site, was using GG as my "other" site until the epic pricing fail) but they refuse to take any of my payment options. I don't believe for a second that Paypal thinks they're a gambling site. :roll:

One buddy of mine has the same problem (we're in Canada). Are you using a CC that was issued by your bank? My other buddies and I use Amex without issue. An alternative would also be transferring funds to your PP balance.

#13779 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Random question Tony, any chance we'll be seeing a decent deal on Syndicate anytime soon?

#13780 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Random question Tony, any chance we'll be seeing a decent deal on Syndicate anytime soon?

While it doesn't help now, it was $4.99 just two weeks on Amazon.

Could hope it'll return to that price in Jan? I doubt it's making the EC list though.

#13781 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

While it doesn't help now, it was $4.99 just two weeks on Amazon.

Could hope it'll return to that price in Jan? I doubt it's making the EC list though.

I know, it's why I'm asking. Didn't notice the sale earlier.

#13782 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Also, are there any words on Mafia 1 sticking around or dissappearing from Amazon list soon? Tony, any ideas? :|

I was kinda curious about that too, would be cool if Santa Tony could answer, or if he is feeling generous include it in the upcoming EC selection... :applause:

#13783 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Any chance Far Cry 3 goes on a decent sale?

#13784 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

It would be nice if Amazon had a $15 Civ pack with 4 complete, 5 GOTY, and expansion. Already have Stronghold.

#13785 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Anyone else buy Spore from amazon and having issues? This is my first time buying downloads from amazon, so I may just be an idiot...

Had to buy the Spore pack for $7.50 because I was one of the 5 people who actually loved the game. It did not say what type of keys they were though. First, I tried installing through Steam, but it did not recognize the keys. So I tried just downloading them myself from amazon, but when it finally downloaded, it would not let me hit the install button. Now when I go to amazons digital download page, my only option is to download the entire game again (another 8 hours). Any suggestions? I also bought the 2k Civ 5 pack on amazon at the same time, and that one installed on steam with no problem.

#13786 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Any chance Far Cry 3 goes on a decent sale?

It's on sale now for $37.49. You can get it for $27.49 if you're an Amazon Prime student member. That's the best you're going to get for a while.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#13787 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Anyone else buy Spore from amazon and having issues? This is my first time buying downloads from amazon, so I may just be an idiot...

Had to buy the Spore pack for $7.50 because I was one of the 5 people who actually loved the game. It did not say what type of keys they were though. First, I tried installing through Steam, but it did not recognize the keys. So I tried just downloading them myself from amazon, but when it finally downloaded, it would not let me hit the install button. Now when I go to amazons digital download page, my only option is to download the entire game again (another 8 hours). Any suggestions? I also bought the 2k Civ 5 pack on amazon at the same time, and that one installed on steam with no problem.

Try the keys on Origin yet?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13788 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

LOL, I'm not even sure if it's up to the developers. Amazon probably eats the costs. If what The End says it true, they were free after getting PM'd, meaning the devs may not have known. My expectations aren't delusional, were you around last January? At least 5 or 6 games were free. Clearly the devs were ok with their game being added to the Editor's Choice list, maybe YOUR expectations are delusional. Hotline Miami is on sale for $5 VERY often, do you really think it has no chance of being free, or close to free?

Maybe you don't realize how the industry works. Large publishers have the ability and interest in drastically lowering their prices during promotions, a small indie developer with a wildly successful game that has no need to drop their product below 50% off to continue bringing in money? Not so much. I was here last January, none of those games that were free were small wildly successful indie titles. They were all major releases with major publishers.

Your expectations are delusional and you have nothing to support them other than blind assumptions based on wishful pie in the sky leaps of logic. There is nothing legitimate to suggest that Hotline Miami will be free, or nearly free. There is no benefit to this small indie developer devaluing their game when it currently is so successful. If they were going to do that, then they would stick it in a Humble Bundle instead, and actually make some money doing it, instead of what you propose, some promotion where Amazon would supposedly give it away, for free, just because.

#13789 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Try the keys on Origin yet?

from the product feedback on Amazon:

I do have to note that if you use Origin, you may encounter an issue with your product keys. Both myself and a friend purchased this bundle, and we both encountered the same issue. The key Amazon gives you for the original Spore game simply would not register on Origin. The Galactic Adventures and Creepy/Cute Pack keys worked fine though. Should you encounter this issue, simply go to Origin help and choose Live Chat. You may have to wait a few minutes. They will ask you for your email address and the game key, and they will add the game to your collection that way. Not a major issue but it should be noted.

#13790 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Thanks folks. I had not heard of origin. Just googled it and will install that I guess.
I'm still waiting on a response from Steam for The Witcher which will not play, so I am just getting bummed at all these installation issues with my new purchases. Haha

#13791 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

The developers have nothing, NOTHING to do with it being free. You use the 5$ coupon, amazon still has to pay that purchase to the developers!

Actually, they do still have to do with it being free. If they know that putting it on that Editor's Choice list at 50% off the base price will mean that everyone with a coupon, and that is a huge number of people, will get it for free, then they would also be thinking about what that will do to FUTURE sales. If it is devalued down to FREE during a promotion, people will be less likely to pay even $5 in the future once the promotion is over. It is simple common sense. They would be more likely to come in WITHOUT any initial reduction in cost, and allow people to take their $5 off coupons and get it for $5. They are already wildly successful, I doubt they will want to completely devalue their product and have it going for free, which they most certainly have the right and ability to determine for themselves.

#13792 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Maybe you don't realize how the industry works. Large publishers have the ability and interest in drastically lowering their prices during promotions, a small indie developer with a wildly successful game that has no need to drop their product below 50% off to continue bringing in money? Not so much. I was here last January, none of those games that were free were small wildly successful indie titles. They were all major releases with major publishers.

Your expectations are delusional and you have nothing to support them other than blind assumptions based on wishful pie in the sky leaps of logic. There is nothing legitimate to suggest that Hotline Miami will be free, or nearly free. There is no benefit to this small indie developer devaluing their game when it currently is so successful. If they were going to do that, then they would stick it in a Humble Bundle instead, and actually make some money doing it, instead of what you propose, some promotion where Amazon would supposedly give it away, for free, just because.

Actually, they do still have to do with it being free. If they know that putting it on that Editor's Choice list at 50% off the base price will mean that everyone with a coupon, and that is a huge number of people, will get it for free, then they would also be thinking about what that will do to FUTURE sales. If it is devalued down to FREE during a promotion, people will be less likely to pay even $5 in the future once the promotion is over. It is simple common sense. They would be more likely to come in WITHOUT any initial reduction in cost, and allow people to take their $5 off coupons and get it for $5. They are already wildly successful, I doubt they will want to completely devalue their product and have it going for free, which they most certainly have the right and ability to determine for themselves.

Someone needs to change their tampon.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#13793 asdo

asdo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

anyone interested in splitting a desert-to-sea bundle? i have a 2K coupon and i want spec ops, but i already have the 2 bioshocks.

leave me a pm in case.

#13794 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Someone needs to change their tampon.

Racist!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#13795 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

... Uh, among the games that were free last year we had Amnesia and the Witcher: enhanced edition of for free.

You know, small indie successful titles. If you don't remember that fact then you really shouldn't be talking about what could or couldn't be in the upcoming sale.

#13796 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I still have the Amazon 2K credit that I won't be using, since GMG won for me this time with the Civ V G&K special. If someone wants to use it at cost, just let me know.

EDIT: 2K credit used up now.

Edited by krushnine, 31 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.
credit used.

#13797 rasvelen

rasvelen

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Is the editor's pick page on Amazon update or was there any updated list about the editor's pick games somewhere?

bump for this

#13798 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

You'll know on January 1st!

#13799 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:41 AM