Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14461 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Is the "oh so fine" bundle going on the EC list? i cant bring myself to spend 7.5 bucks on it

BTW: Happy New Year! Lets hope this will be better

No. I was just thinking the same. I would have bought it if it had been. Alas, it is not showing compatible with the EC credits.

Amalur does work, but is not showing up on my EC list either for what it's worth.

Ditto. Haven't bought it yet. I was burned recently by the change-over on Civ V G&K sale halfway through the 2k coupon promo (even though it ended happily when GMG gave me an even lower price), so I'm waiting to make sure KoA isn't going to get another miraculous drop mid-sale.

I did buy Hotline Miami though. $2.50 seems pretty good for a Steam version. The EC list seems... pretty barren of deals atm. Especially when the KoA Complete deal is not showing on my EC page. Odd that Saints Row The Third on the EC page does not include The Full Package imo.

I admit to being tempted by the Far Cry 3 deal. Currently matching Steam, then you can knock another $5 off. No Steam though makes me ehhhh...

If only there was a Steam version, I'd already be traipsing through the jungle painted in warpaint...

If only...

#14462 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Just to confirm, The Secret World doesn't register on Steam, correct? I have a vague memory that, shortly after launch, Amazon did have some Steam keys for it, but I could be mis-remembering.

EA-published games bought from 3rd party distributors outside of Steam (Amazon DVG, Gamersgate, etc) DO NOT register on Steam.

#14463 elitewillie

elitewillie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Just bought TSW because of this post...no idea about what half of the stuff you were talking about but yeah...lol

The Sims 3 Pack & Battlefield 3 Premium are both great deals for those that play either alot. I would spring for the BF3, if it was a month or so ago. Don't really play it much anymore.

Other games I'd target are gonna be The Walking Dead, Dark Souls, and Hotline Miami. A sale on Max Payne 3 would be enticing too but not much interest in the game or series, even with the good reviews on this one.

I just picked TSW as well and got the pack. Send me your player names when you get a chance so I can send you guys/gals friends requests.

Thanks for the info on the bonuses. It swayed my decision to buy it.

#14464 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

@TONY
Ridge Racer: Unbounded - base game ($10.19); all of the DLC's; and RRU Complete Pack ($11.89) = 66% off each on Steam.
I know you guys carry Namco games - i.e. Dark Souls: PTD - and I don't RRU on your website.
So, is there any chance you might ever get this RRU onto Amazon DVG?

#14465 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

For TSW, is it tied with the EC offer?

it doesn't expire tomorrow right?

#14466 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

The Amazon component shouldn't expire, but considering that the free addons were supposed to expire yesterday and we are lucky to have gotten in on it, THAT may expire any moment now.
Posted Image

#14467 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I really want to bite on TSW... BUT

1) Little time to play
2) No friend playing it
3) Never played a MMO game

I'm waiting for The Walking Dead since I saw it will be on the EC list...

#14468 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

The Amazon component shouldn't expire, but considering that the free addons were supposed to expire yesterday and we are lucky to have gotten in on it, THAT may expire any moment now.

Was anyone able to install and create a character and verify if you guys who got in on this deal got issue #5 for free also?

I grabbed the game from Steam yesterday so I already have it but just curious.

I really want to bite on TSW... BUT

1) Little time to play
2) No friend playing it
3) Never played a MMO game

I'm waiting for The Walking Dead since I saw it will be on the EC list...

There's a bunch of us CAGs playing TSW. Just sayin'.

steam_sig.png

#14469 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Is nice to read that! My wallet hates you!

Anyway... I'll use the force... must resist... temptation... huge backlog... little time... new year... need more games to calm the voices...

#14470 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I was coming in here to see who would be the first person to ask about a price not being in place at 12:01AM!

As a reminder, pricing takes between 20 - 90 minutes to flip. BF Premium Service will be $24.99 sometime in that period.

Cheers,
Tony

Hah, wasn't complaining about it not flipping. It had been $24 hours earlier, so I was just frustrated it was suddenly back to $49 again. Glad to hear it's a sale item again.

#14471 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Was anyone able to install and create a character and verify if you guys who got in on this deal got issue #5 for free also?

I grabbed the game from Steam yesterday so I already have it but just curious.

I'm at work right now, but I'll check once I get home and it gets installed. The ITems were definitely in my account, but I sw nothing either way about issue 5
Posted Image

#14472 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is nice to read that! My wallet hates you!

Anyway... I'll use the force... must resist... temptation... huge backlog... little time... new year... need more games to calm the voices...

You know you want to. Hit Buy and Download now!

I gave in to temptation.
Posted Image

#14473 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hah, wasn't complaining about it not flipping. It had been $24 hours earlier, so I was just frustrated it was suddenly back to $49 again. Glad to hear it's a sale item again.

Did this many people miss the BF Premium edition (base game + premium) for $25 at Best Buy right after Black Friday?
Posted Image

#14474 Itachi

Itachi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I was coming in here to see who would be the first person to ask about a price not being in place at 12:01AM!

As a reminder, pricing takes between 20 - 90 minutes to flip. BF Premium Service will be $24.99 sometime in that period.

Cheers,
Tony

Man why wasn't both premium service and premium edition discounted on the 26th? Had to buy premium edition when I already had the base game

#14475 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

You know you want to. Hit Buy and Download now!

I gave in to temptation.

I really want to. REALLY. But I KNOW I won't be playing it soon... maybe 3 months from now... even more

#14476 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Did this many people miss the BF Premium edition (base game + premium) for $25 at Best Buy right after Black Friday?

Most of us have had BF3 for 15 months now.

#14477 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Most of us have had BF3 for 15 months now.

I bought it BF3 (base game) back a bit ago, when it was $10 on Origin.
IIRC - I think that was around BF's 10th anniversary or something.

#14478 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm at work right now, but I'll check once I get home and it gets installed. The ITems were definitely in my account, but I sw nothing either way about issue 5

Just for reference, the way I found it was going to the item store and looking under the category Boosts, but you can't do that (AFAIK) until you create a character in game.

Magazine 5 should show under boosts either way but if you got it for free it should show with a price of 0 coins.

steam_sig.png

#14479 realwords

realwords

Let's DOOOO ITTTTTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Picked up The Secret World after days of waiting. Thanks Amazon! You can redeem the TSW key directly through Funcom's website. Make an account here: https://register.thesecretworld.com

and pop your key from the Games Library in the lower left "Key Registration" window.

#14480 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#14481 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Bah knew I should have stayed up later and tried for the Bioshock bundle for free.

Ohs well, you win some and you lose some.

8 coupons. Probably pick up a 2k pack or two tomorrow, Dark Souls, and maybe Darkness 2 if I don't get it in a 2k pack. Mass Effect 3 is a possibility as well. Have to play the rest by ear depending on how deals change and what items get added.

#14482 realwords

realwords

Let's DOOOO ITTTTTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Picked up The Secret World after days of waiting. Thanks Amazon! You can redeem the TSW key directly through Funcom's website. Make an account here: https://register.thesecretworld.com

and pop your key from the Games Library in the lower left "Key Registration" window.

#14483 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Does anyone know how long the BF3 Premium price will be $24.99?
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#14484 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ahhhh! TSW client d/l speed is slow (jumps between under 2 hours to 15 hours. Lol). Everyone that bought it on Amazon slowing it down? :)

#14485 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Tony's answer...

It ends tomorrow (1/2 PST) so at 12:01AM on 1/3 (PST) it won't be $17.99 anymore.

Cheers,
Tony

#14486 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.

I would say there is no chance right now until the rights for it get sold off.

#14487 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ahhhh! TSW client d/l speed is slow (jumps between under 2 hours to 15 hours. Lol). Everyone that bought it on Amazon slowing it down? :)

Amazon's DL speeds are notoriously not great. Sometime they are just average to downright bleh. No where near Steam speeds, but still way faster than Origin typically.

#14488 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur.

EA has the non-Steam publishing rights so I'm guessing zero.

38 Studios, now better known as "The State of Rhode Island", has the exclusive rights to sell through Steam. There are no retail Steam versions of KoA.

#14489 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Amalur is self published on Steam, EA everywhere else. The only way you're getting a Steam copy is via Steam sale.

#14490 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Slim pickings on EC, eh. I want BF premium for PC, but Ive already spent enough on that game.