Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14731 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Im sort of new to this, but how do you submit a price match request.

Just wondering since C&C ultimate is 25 on origin, just seeing if we can get a match on that

They don't match Origin, at least for EA stuff, because EA is also the publisher. ie they don't have a middle man to pay and can charge whatever they want.

In general though there should be a link on any Amazon page that says "Tell us about a lower price" and you can use that.

And people should be using that instead of all pestering Tony about it, IMO.

*Edited to add: Since EA has run that $25 price on the C&C pack at Amazon before, my guess is they are running it at $30 now because they are factoring in the coupon, thus they don't want you getting it under $25 no matter what.

Unless it's from a Gamersgate price screw up, but we won't talk about that. :-P

steam_sig.png

#14732 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just wondering since C&C ultimate is 25 on origin, just seeing if we can get a match on that

Under normal circumstances, I'd say just post your request here (a few times). However, probably won't work today. If you find the product on Amazon you want PM'd, scroll down to "Product Details" and select "tell us about a lower price".

#14733 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Let's see...
- Rockstar Social
- Gameshield
- Possibly Steam

...damn. At least this time around they didn't screw things up with Gameshield on performance I hear, that's a step up from L.A. Noire where Gameshield actively hurt the game. Still not sure if I'll bite at $10.

Yeah, that's too much DRM for a Steam-version.
When Steam's involved, there should NOT be any GameShield even enabled - since Steam's forced onto Steam users.
Anything extra on a Steam version = redundant.

That's why a bit ago, I went Non-Steam w/ Max Payne 3.

Also - I don't know why Rockstar doesn't just decide from here forward to go flat-out Steamworks + RSC w/ their PC games.
Forget GameShield entirely.
{shrug}

#14734 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

thanks, submitted, but I guess it wont matter since like you said they wont match origin. Oh well, was wishful thinking. Was hoping to have that ultimate collection so I dont have to worry if my old 'first decade' collection dvd gets destroyed

#14735 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, that's too much DRM for a Steam-version.
When Steam's involved, there should NOT be any GameShield even enabled - since Steam's forced onto Steam users.
Anything extra on a Steam version = redundant.

That's why a bit ago, I went Non-Steam w/ Max Payne 3.

Also - I don't know why Rockstar doesn't just decide from here forward to go flat-out Steamworks + RSC w/ their PC games.
{shrug}

There are still people who don't like Steam. R* is better off offering an option than committing to a service that isn't theirs.

#14736 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

RSC is probably the single most confusing DRM to me. "Hey, have an account with us" doesn't strike me as a security measure, just self padding numbers to keep track of the game's actual sales. So weird that it'd be a requirement.

#14737 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

There are still people who don't like Steam. R* is better off offering an option than committing to a service that isn't theirs.

Well, true - that is a good point.
But, it also does mean there's an additional version (Steam & Non-Steam) for them to test, patch, and spend resources ($ and time) on.
Well...Rockstar does got the $ probably to be able to offer multiple-versions (Steam and Non-Steam), anyways - hehe.

#14738 iamanerd

iamanerd

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Seeing as how Steam has the Total War Grandmaster pack for 75% off, can we see a price match from amazon maybe :P Also maybe EC eligible too :)

#14739 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

http://www.amazon.co...and and conquer

Midway down you'll see "tell us about a lower price".

BAM.

#14740 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I hope this isn't too much of a FAQ, but is there any way to get things like these airmech or adventurequest-type additional bonuses amazon is giving out to people that might want them or use them?

#14741 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

hey everyone,
submit a price match of vessel to steam

it has good reviews
looks interesting
is an editor's choice game
and is $5.09 on steam

#14742 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Was anyone able to get TSW redeemed through Origin after talking to CS? Just curious if anyone tried, prior to me being the ginea pig.

#14743 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Damn, too bad Blades of Time isnt in the EC list :(

Im tempted to buy Max Payne 3 a lot of times but the 30gb size is too much for me.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#14744 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi! Just came here... How's the show? Did I miss something? :bouncy:

#14745 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Was anyone able to get TSW redeemed through Origin after talking to CS? Just curious if anyone tried, prior to me being the ginea pig.

Well at least one person inquired about it some time ago on Funcom's forums and was told by them to go to EA's customer service about it.

http://forums.thesec...ead.php?t=40917

BTW, did you have any luck? I know in the past when EA published games don't normally activate to Origin or in some cases have a key at all some people were given different answers by different reps, ie some told them no but they kept trying and eventually someone added it for them.

Or at least so the reports go, I don't have any first hand experience.

steam_sig.png

#14746 amundsjm

amundsjm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

How do I get $10 total off of BF3 Premium like in the OP? The only EA-specific credit I ever got was for 12/25 only. It's still applying my EC credit correctly, however.

#14747 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well at least one person inquired about it some time ago on Funcom's forums and was told by them to go to EA's customer service about it.

http://forums.thesec...ead.php?t=40917

BTW, did you have any luck? I know in the past when EA published games don't normally activate to Origin or in some cases have a key at all some people were given different answers by different reps, ie some told them no but they kept trying and eventually someone added it for them.

Or at least so the reports go, I don't have any first hand experience.

Haven't started yet, Will post my adventures when I start tackling this in a couple of hours.

#14748 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Keep in mind if you are buying "The Secret World" (TSW) under the current January Promotion that you will have to spend an additional $5+ to purchase the DLC content that is given to those who activated in Decemeber for free. So your coupon doesn't really get you anything....

Source: http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay

"NEW CONTENT FOR THE FUTURE

Periodically we will release packs of DLC (Downloadable Content). These updates, called Issues in The Secret World, contain new content, such as more Auxiliary Weapons, new missions and story arcs. These packs are fully optional and can be purchased for the Bonus Points that are included in the optional Membership, as well as with the Grandmaster Lifetime service.

The first DLC will start selling in January 2013, and is the main storyline of issue #5. This will sell for $5, however this content is already fully unlocked for anyone who has a full game account registered before the end of December 2012.

Regular patches with free content and updates and enhancements to the core game will still continue."

#14749 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Keep in mind if you are buying "The Secret World" (TSW) under the current January Promotion that you will have to spend an additional $5+ to purchase the DLC content that is given to those who activated in Decemeber for free. So your coupon doesn't really get you anything....

Periodically we will release packs of DLC (Downloadable Content). These updates, called Issues in The Secret World, contain new content, such as more Auxiliary Weapons, new missions and story arcs. These packs are fully optional and can be purchased for the Bonus Points that are included in the optional Membership, as well as with the Grandmaster Lifetime service.

The first DLC will start selling in January 2013, and is the main storyline of issue #5. This will sell for $5, however this content is already fully unlocked for anyone who has a full game account registered before the end of December 2012.

Regular patches with free content and updates and enhancements to the core game will still continue."

You might've missed a few posts, a bunch of people have reported that they bought TSW from Amazon today and received the bonuses from December. Not sure how long it'll last, but I believe it's still active.

#14750 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

*Edit Ninja sandwich.

Except that people have reported in this thread that they bought the game on 1/1/13 and got issue #5 anyway.

I don't know how much longer it is going to go on but for it seems that people are still getting the bonus stuff that was supposed to end in December.

steam_sig.png

#14751 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

There's no way of know if it is still possible (or when it ends (ended?), but several people in this thread have reported getting the same bonuses after buying today. So, people shouldn't buy based only on this, but it's probably still possible.

[edit] ninja'd - great minds or something

Edited by CrimsonTribe, 01 January 2013 - 08:53 PM.
ninja'd

Workin on it

#14752 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Pretty sure this is what everyone is referring to when we say we got the December only bonus content added to our accounts.....

#14753 MrWhitey

MrWhitey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

How long deal for Darksouls will be active? Cant decide if buy it or wait for better games, and then take it on last day, if nothing better comes up.

#14754 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think at very least people who buy TSW today should be safe with still getting the bonuses.

If Gamersgate taught me one thing it's the Scandanavians do not work on holidays so anything that needs getting done will just have to wait until after the holidays are over. :-P

steam_sig.png

#14755 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

my version of TSW says issue #5 I bought it at around 7 pst
the note in the launcher says current players and those who purchased in december get it.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#14756 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

How long deal for Darksouls will be active? Cant decide if buy it or wait for better games, and then take it on last day, if nothing better comes up.

OP says 1/5.

#14757 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

the sale for it ends on 1/5

T9rTk6Q.gif

#14758 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Seriously? Read the first post. Tony keeps it updated.

#14759 frankie007

frankie007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm still downloading so I cannot confirm anything but, according to this information, issue #5 has already been released, so I guess we are getting it as well.

The only thing I can confirm is that I got "The Initiate Pack" as it is showing in my account.

Guess both things are "tied", but don't know for sure.

#14760 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hey... super delayed realization here, but I bought the Prototype Pack on Nov 9th when it was $7.49. I was supposed to get an EC coupon for that, wasn't I? I never did....

it's not a biggie but I was just curious if we were indeed supposed to get one with that purchase or if that promo started later on in the month.