Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14821 Whipper

Whipper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Thanks, at least I got MP3 and some dlc for a good price.

#14822 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Screw it, I'm buying The Secret World. Curse you guys!

That's exactly what I said! I didn't even know anything about the game till maybe a week ago.

#14823 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

just noticed mp3 steam version comes with 4 dlc, at least on mine
classic max
disorganized crime
pill bottle
special ed pack

Just checked and it lists them as me having them too. Don't plan on playing MP but it's nice to have gotten them with the game anyway.

#14824 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

That's exactly what I said! I didn't even know anything about the game till maybe a week ago.

Same.

Holiday sales always make me hate the fact that I have an Internet download cap and have to share it with 3 other people. Ha. About to kiss at least 15 GB goodbye.

#14825 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

The time period for receiving EC promo credits is over. The time to spend them has just started.

Just imagine if they still dished them out... self-replicating coupons. :lol:

#14826 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

It's NOT like WoW.

I told people over on the Steam thread, and I'll say it here.

Do NOT review the game until you have done 2 things:
1) Kingsmouth Code - You get this quest from the Priest in Solomon's Island, just past the Sherriffs station.
2) Do Polaris (first instance) - Recommended at QL2-3.

Do those. If those don't make you go WHOA, then the game will be a bust. But I'd be willing to bet it'd satisfy the urge for most people.

(mind you, using a walkthrough on the Kingsmouth code will defeat the purpose and leave you wanting)

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm just beginning to do quests in Kingsmouth and am totally loving the amazing variety of quests. I haven't really played an MMO since I first played Guild Wars around launch, so TSW is, to me, a real breath of fresh air.

• The real world merged with secret societies, occult, and all other types of cool magiclike things is really neat.
  • Combat so far is a lot of fun and feels snappy and responsive. Even with two starting skills I feel like I'm really making an impact and kicking ass right away. I'm tired of feeling like a baby lamb when I start some RPGs.
  • Quest structure is terrific. I haven't played an MMO in ages but I am truly enjoying the variety and multi-tiered nature of the quests. In other words, you're not just filling a quota or fetching something all the time. I feel like they add to the story and give you a sense of being a part of the world.
  • I haven't joined a group yet, but so far I really like how TSW handles solo play. In a way it's as if they considered casual, single players like me first rather than design around group play. Having said that, I do look forward to playing with you guys and gals online because these powers and skills are just too fun not to use them in a group :)

Tony, thanks for the awesome deal on this game. I think the combination of the price and subscription fee drop was the perfect storm this holiday season.
TSW CAGS, thanks so much for championing this game these last couple of months. I would never, ever have looked into it unless so many of you justified your praise for it.

My character is "Bugtong" on Grim, so please add me to the CAG group :) Seeya online!

P.S. Oh, and to confirm, YES, I did get Issue #5, so hopefully the rest of your post-midnight purchasers/registrants also get this along with the December goodies.

#14827 CrusherX

CrusherX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Screw it, I'm buying The Secret World. Curse you guys!

Same here finaly decided to get it. Never even heard of TSW until a few days ago and never played a mmo.

Edited by CrusherX, 01 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

What is this "play" you speak of? I thought these were nothing but decorative boxes to line my shelves with.

It's something I used to do a long time ago...then I found cag.

#14828 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

But in all seriousness, if people end up playing in a group with other people from here let's try and keep the deal stuff out of the game if we can help it.

My thoughts exactly. Let the man have some fun time away from the "office" :)

#14829 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Damn TSW Download is moving so slow! Curse my 1MB a second download speed.

#14830 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

It's not updated on the front page, but Torchlight is now $3.75 instead of the posted deal of $4.99 for anyone interested in it.

#14831 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well if you are downloading from Amazon you can try downloading straight from Funcom, or vice versa.

I've heard neither are giving very good download speeds lately. Personally I downloaded it really quickly but I got mine off of Steam and I also paid more. :-P

steam_sig.png

#14832 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

It's not updated on the front page, but Torchlight is now $3.75 instead of the posted deal of $4.99 for anyone interested in it.

Likely just a Steam price match.

#14833 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

so i've only got 57 gb left on my hard drive (really should have sprung for the 500gb ssd instead of the 250)

so how much space does the secret world take?
the page says 30gb but everyone keeps mentioning 15gb
if it is only 15, i am gonna get it

#14834 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

My character is "Bugtong" on Grim, so please add me to the CAG group :) Seeya online!

Sorry, I read "Buttgong" at first. :mrgreen:

I'll post my char names to the CAG group once I create some tonight.

#14835 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

so i've only got 57 gb left on my hard drive (really should have sprung for the 500gb ssd instead of the 250)

so how much space does the secret world take?
the page says 30gb but everyone keeps mentioning 15gb
if it is only 15, i am gonna get it

Downloader says 15.4 GB.
sudo mklove

#14836 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

You curse at that and I get happy when I get 450kb :D

#14837 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

My thoughts exactly. Let the man have some fun time away from the "office" :)

ROFL!!!
I can see it now, a mass of CAGers joining TSW and asking Tony while ingame to PM games on Amazon.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#14838 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I am only getting 1.5MB-2MB too, but still much faster than PSN.

#14839 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

mine was going good until about 5 minutes ago. now it shows I have to wait 66 more hours. it must have been the flood of CAGS finally breaking down and getting it.
Posted Image

#14840 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

God damnit, I should've waited for the possibility of 12.49 TWD pre-coupon. I didn't think there was any chance with the Steam sale being over soon and it already having that as a daily deal. Also, didn't know the 2K packs or Spec Ops would be part of the EC deal, so I got the D to S bundle with coupon and ended up with extra Bioshock keys rather than just using my coupon on the Strategy pack, ahh man I'm too compulsive :D

Looking forward to the sales this month, though! At least Darkness 2 will be available for 2.49 AC, although not sure if I should just get the WTF pack for an extra Borderlands key for a friend. Hopefully TWD does hit that 7.49 price AC, will pickup an extra code for a friend.

#14841 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I've never played an MMO and would love to try TSW but by the time I get a machine that will run it everyone will have moved on to the next great thing. Poo.

#14842 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

sorry if this was mentioned before, but do I have to wait until the dl finishes to see if I got the issue #5? Under "your products", it shows that i have the initiate pack but nothing else.
Posted Image

#14843 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Just checked and it lists them as me having them too. Don't plan on playing MP but it's nice to have gotten them with the game anyway.

so if i buy the $15 MP3 on amazon, i get these 4 DLCs for free?

#14844 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Picked up War of the Roses - House of York Edition.

Thanks for the price match Tony!

#14845 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I just bought MP3 since I got the Max Payne bundle last week and I've been enjoying the first game so far.

#14846 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

sorry if this was mentioned before, but do I have to wait until the dl finishes to see if I got the issue #5? Under "your products", it shows that i have the initiate pack but nothing else.

It shows up under Boost packs for 0 coins in the store I believe, but you have to have created a character first. Also the launcher should say something about Magazine #5 version of the game.

So far it seems like everyone buying the game today is getting it.

so if i buy the $15 MP3 on amazon, i get these 4 DLCs for free?

AFAIK yes.

steam_sig.png

#14847 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Are people still getting all the extra Secret World content currently?

This will determine if I buy nor not.
Posted Image

#14848 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

*double post*
Posted Image

#14849 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

The most recent person did, but that was an hour or 2 ago
Posted Image

#14850 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yes, so far all reports are this way. I can't say 100% for sure you will absolutely get it but it doesn't appear there is anyone there in Norway on New Year's day to shut it off for the time being.

If it's buy or no buy it's not a guarantee so you will just have to take a chance but in all likelihood you will get it.

Also it will be a while before you can verify if you have Magazine #5 for free since you will need to install the game and create a character before you can access it.

steam_sig.png