Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14851 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

The most recent person did, but that was an hour or 2 ago

I guess I'll buy and report back.

How will I know?
Posted Image

#14852 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Also, it'd be nice Tony if you worked your wizardry and got the Darksiders Franchise up again for a day or so and on the EC list since Darksiders 2 is already on there anyway. :D

#14853 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

The most recent person did, but that was an hour or 2 ago

with my current speeds (3.1 MB/s), I'll be able to check in an hour.
Posted Image

#14854 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Decisions decisions...

#14855 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I'd love to join in on the TSW funfest and play with ya'll but I think I have enough games now to last me for most of 2013 :P

#14856 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

I guess I'll buy and report back.

How will I know?

When you register your account you will see a few items from the "Initiate Pack" including a raven, etc on the main page. All assumptions say that is linked to issue #5 as well, but that you will in the installer when you're done in the top left corner.

#14857 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Initiate pack is NOT the same as issue 5. Completely different.

You have to finish the tutorial and if you look in the store under the first tab (Redeem, I believe)... it also notifies you that you have it as soon as you enter Kingsmouth (finish of the tutorial)

#14858 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Initiate pack is NOT the same as issue 5. Completely different.

You have to finish the tutorial and if you look in the store under the first tab (Redeem, I believe)... it also notifies you that you have it as soon as you enter Kingsmouth (finish of the tutorial)

But if I got it, I'll have it no matter when I finish the tutorial right? I don't need to play tonight?

Gonna take awhile to download.
Posted Image

#14859 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Godammit you guys, I just bought Guild Wars 2 on Christmas and have yet to even create a character (let alone play any of the other 20 games I've bought in the last week), but here I am buying yet ANOTHER mmo (that I have never even heard of before this thread, btw) because these $5.00 coupons are burning a hole in my pocket. Oh, and peer pressure.

#14860 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99). I bought the Blades of Time Collector's Edition when Tony had it on sale and I'm feeling OCD. By the way, Blades of Time is schlocky but entertaining. My only complaints include a rifle mechanic that feels hard to aim (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and am used to KBM - maybe that's it?) and the time rewind mechanic which I'm a bit baffled by at times. I found it tricky to kill certain enemies using it but maybe that's just me as well.

#14861 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

If you got it it'll be in the store under that section. I haven't heard anyone come back to confirm it through here though. Everyone has been under the assumption that the initiate pack = issue 5. Or that because the downloader says issue 5... which are both incorrect. When someone comes back and specifically states it was in their store under redeem then it'll be confirmed. Until then, it's hearsay.

What they stated on their forum is that if the KEY is attached by Dec 2012, then you'll get Issue 5 free. So actually PLAYING isn't necessary to get the thing but since it's a day late, who knows.

#14862 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

i really wish the secret world activated on steam

#14863 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

When you register your account you will see a few items from the "Initiate Pack" including a raven, etc on the main page. All assumptions say that is linked to issue #5 as well, but that you will in the installer when you're done in the top left corner.

This is incorrect. The installer is showing what the latest version is, not what you have purchased. There's no way for the installer to know what you own since it comes before any account checks.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#14864 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

If you got it it'll be in the store under that section. I haven't heard anyone come back to confirm it through here though. Everyone has been under the assumption that the initiate pack = issue 5. Or that because the downloader says issue 5... which are both incorrect. When someone comes back and specifically states it was in their store under redeem then it'll be confirmed. Until then, it's hearsay.

It was in my store. When I got to Kingsmouth I did this:

• Clicked on Menu in the upper-left
  • Clicked on Store
  • Clicked on Boosts
  • There it was for 0 currency. I purchased it and found some sort of icon in my inventory.
Hope that helps!

#14865 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ahhhh! TSW client d/l speed is slow (jumps between under 2 hours to 15 hours. Lol). Everyone that bought it on Amazon slowing it down? :)

WE'RE CRASHING THEIR DOWNLOAD SERVER! I bet Funcom is going "WTF" at this.

...or probably not. But yeah, it's really slow for me unless I devote 100% of my bandwidth to it. I might get 250k/s then if I'm lucky.

#14866 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

• Clicked on Store
  • Clicked on Boosts
  • There it was for 0 currency. I purchased it and found some sort of icon in my inventory.
Hope that helps!

There, confirmation.

That's all we needed.

#14867 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99). I bought the Blades of Time Collector's Edition when Tony had it on sale and I'm feeling OCD. By the way, Blades of Time is schlocky but entertaining. My only complaints include a rifle mechanic that feels hard to aim (I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and am used to KBM - maybe that's it?) and the time rewind mechanic which I'm a bit baffled by at times. I found it tricky to kill certain enemies using it but maybe that's just me as well.

i think you convinced me to get it too
if you get it, can you let me know if it activates on steam

#14868 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I'd love to join in on the TSW funfest and play with ya'll but I think I have enough games now to last me for most of 2013 :P

Just 2013? I think I have enough games to last until 2060. Didn't stop me from buying more though. :-P

What they stated on their forum is that if the KEY is attached by Dec 2012, then you'll get Issue 5 free. So actually PLAYING isn't necessary to get the thing but since it's a day late, who knows.

There, confirmation.

That's all we needed.

Sunghost also said a number of pages back that he got it, but you know how this thread goes. Imagine that, people miss stuff when replies are moving so quickly. ;)

#14869 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Someone stop me from buying X-Blades ($1.99)

Just a PSA, but GameFly had it for $0.99 ($0.79 after discount code) around BF.

#14870 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

• Clicked on Store
  • Clicked on Boosts
Hope that helps!

There for me as well and I bought this AM. Sorry if I mislead about the Issue 5 on the installer. I had thought thought that would be the easiest way for someone who had yet to even install the game much less see the menus. Didn't realize that wasn';t an indicator.

I still suspect that, given the linked timing, the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 can be considered linked for the purpose of these purchases since they both "expired" at the same time. That's all I meant.

#14871 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Sweet, got TSW Grandmaster pack for only $199.00 after registering my account. Free lifetime play baby!! You guys should all jump on this before it expires.

#14872 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Sunghost also said a number of pages back that he got it, but you know how this thread goes. Imagine that, people miss stuff when replies are moving so quickly. ;)

Honestly can't keep track of every single thing :-) But the sheer amount of speculation was the only reason I chimed in again.

Spending an inordinate amount of time in here today... I was really hoping for something interesting to pop sale-wise today.

You know what I want? Animal Crossing. That's the jones I've got going.

#14873 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Honestly can't keep track of every single thing :-) But the sheer amount of speculation was the only reason I chimed in again.

Spending an inordinate amount of time in here today... I was really hoping for something interesting to pop sale-wise today.

You know what I want? Animal Crossing. That's the jones I've got going.

Somebody needs to remake Animal Crossing or do it for the PC. I'm not too adult to admit I loved that game. :-P

#14874 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Sweet, got TSW Grandmaster pack for only $199.00 after registering my account. Free lifetime play baby!! You guys should all jump on this before it expires.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Because honestly the GM packs get quite a few of pretty damned cool bonuses.

Just like the December sale for the yearly sub. You get a year sub for 90 (I think it's $180 regularly) bucks. But you get 1200 points a month ($12) AND the guarantee that if there is DLC for sale it WON'T be more than 1200 pts for you.

GM's get that PLUS 20% discount in the store AND all the monthly items that they're releasing. That's pretty damned premium (even though the game went B2P under their feet)

Motoki.... first new AC is out over in Japan. Due in NA for the first half of 2013... AC New Leaf . It's NEW not remade. :-)

#14875 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

It shows up under Boost packs for 0 coins in the store I believe, but you have to have created a character first. Also the launcher should say something about Magazine #5 version of the game.

So far it seems like everyone buying the game today is getting it.

AFAIK yes.

I'm guessing past owners of TSW don't get in on the Initiate Pack gravy train, do they? I realized I'd already bought this game ages ago when I started reinstalling everything earlier, which is a bummer for the money I spent and probably not getting anything from having bought it pre-B2P update. Oh well.

Going back through my email, it looks like I've got 5 coupons to blow. The question is, what do I get?If only Coconut Queen was an EC game...

Motoki.... first new AC is out over in Japan. Due in NA for the first half of 2013... AC New Leaf . It's NEW not remade. :-)

Oh shit, and I just got a 3DS too. Please tell me they added back rooms from AC:WW. I was so bummed when they took them out for the Wii one. I loved having so many sets of furniture.
Posted Image

#14876 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Because honestly the GM packs get quite a few of pretty damned cool bonuses.

Just like the December sale for the yearly sub. You get a year sub for 9 bucks. But you get 1200 points a month ($12) AND the guarantee that if there is DLC for sale it WON'T be more than 1200 pts for you.

GM's get that PLUS 20% discount in the store AND all the monthly items that they're releasing. That's pretty damned premium (even though the game went B2P under their feet)

FWIW, when I activated my TSW copy it came with a free 30 days of membership, which is a bit of a moot point I guess right now but if you do want some of the store stuff it does get you another 10% off.

I can't recall if it automatically went to the 30 days membership I had to manually start it in my account info but I think it was the latter.

#14877 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Are people still getting all the extra Secret World content currently?

This will determine if I buy nor not.

I did just a little big ago.

FWIW - it's just 35min now 'til it's Jan 2nd wherever TSW is HQed. Just mention this in case Jan 2nd ends up being the cut-off.

So, my suggestion might be to decide within the next half-hr.

#14878 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Question. I have Mass Effect 1 and 2. I haven't played through either. I'm gonna try to sometime this year though. New Years resolution and all.

Should I go ahead and get ME3? Is it worth $5 more for the digital deluxe edition? Or should I wait until I've finished the other two, OR it goes below a certain price?

#14879 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

it was much cheaper in a bundle before. you are getting ripped off. you feel better now?

http://groupees.com/bm5

#14880 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I did just a little big ago.

FWIW - it's just 35min now 'til it's Jan 2nd wherever TSW is HQed. Just mention this in case Jan 2nd ends up being the cut-off.

So, my suggestion might be to decide within the next half-hr.

Already decided. Got copies for my g/f and I. Hope I get the bonus stuff!
Posted Image