Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14911 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

See here.

Awesome thanks. Just bought it and registered the key on their site, and the initiate pack shows up. Is the Issue #5 part of the initiate pack or is it supposed to show up on my account?

#14912 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

No part of what you just described is easier than Steam.

You're confusing "easy" and "more versatile".

nah its even easier to keep these records carved on the walls of the cave Im living
and hundreds of hard copies and installers I own- dont require time to find & install
and I want no auto updates too they tend to break some games for few hours
also steam versions are usually stripped from other drm used in alternative versions
-thank god rockstar doesnt do it-
because i love handling many keys and instaling authorising & deauthorising various drm
and there is no spoon)

#14913 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

I don't think so, even if it was, Amazon doesn't match GamersGate.

Ah, that's right. In that case I'll probably hold off and save my money for Amazon this month. I suspect we'll see some GOTY for Risen 2 at some point anyway.

#14914 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Spec Ops the line is great, I just bought it and beat it a couple of days ago. I can definitely recommend it when it is on sale tomorrow. Multiplayer appears to be completely and utterly dead though as everytime I try quick match on Coop or death match it starts me as a host to create a server.

Guardian_owl.png

#14915 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Awesome thanks. Just bought it and registered the key on their site, and the initiate pack shows up. Is the Issue #5 part of the initiate pack or is it supposed to show up on my account?

Read back a couple of pages. This has been discussed over and over and over.

#14916 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

What's the point in being a part of a community if you're just here to be bitter?

Marriage counselors should use this as the first thing out of their mouths.

#14917 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

sadly my account is missing issue #5 :(

I believe you have to "buy" it from the in-game store to obtain it (as well as the other extras like the bird, jacket, and weapons):

http://www.cheapassg...postcount=14895

Follow the directions and let us know if you were able to get Issue #5. Hopefully it's still available for everyone.

#14918 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Ah, that's right. In that case I'll probably hold off and save my money for Amazon this month. I suspect we'll see some GOTY for Risen 2 at some point anyway.

Maybe, but it got panned critically and hasn't sold very well even though it only came out like 6 months ago.

If you are itching for pirate-themed action, I highly recommend Sid Meier's Pirates.

#14919 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Uh, I have asked the question three times over a five day period and you quote every post around mine but never mine and did not answer the question until today. It is cool and all.

Y'know, whatever. I spend too much money on Amazon to be apologizing to you guys. You waste time on people like Ideoteque (whatever) who wants free Bioshock who literally sandwiched my posts with his/her whines (of which you quoted all of his/her posts) but someone like me that has spent $500 or so on Amazon DVG over the past two years, I cannot get a "yes/no/maybe" to a simple question: "Will there be a sale on War of the Roses in January?"

Idiotekque*

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

More time for TSW!

That said, I think catching up and answering questions all at once is far more work and more draining, lol. Hope it works for you though!

#2: Is your avatar male or female? Srsly can't tell

2. I'm actually not sure, both maybe?

Posted Image

Cute little Pico. <3

Posted Image

yes TSW works in eyefinity, some UI elements (mini-map, quests) can't be moved though

if anyone wants to add me I'm perfectsil

Sonuvvabitch! That's badass, man.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14920 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hey Idiotekque.. glad you saw the idiot who posted earlier and was the sole reason for Tony only posting once a day for the next week. I don't know what I'm going to do without Amazon to talk to :-( I know.. [deleted for fear of giving some a-hole an idea]

#14921 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yes, source of where I bought it so I know where to download it was key to why I started.

Here's an example of current sources:

Amazon
BigFIshGames
Blizzard.com
Bundle in a Box
CD
D2D (Gamefly)
DVD
Gamersgate
GetGames
GOG.com
GreenManGaming
groupees
Humble
IndieGala
IndieRoyale
Mojang
Nzone
Origin
Steam
Uplay

Keep track of that in my head?

Much easier to just make a spreadsheet: Game, who I bought it from.

Damn, that's a pretty sweet idea!
{takes notes}

When I back-up installer and/or install games, I just put them in a specific folder where I want them.
Usually, the folder's named after where I bought them and/or what program the game might require.

I'd install games in C:\Program Files (x86)\{Name of where I bought it from or program it requires}
Usually, if it requires a program - that takes precedent.

Example - keep in mind, this is not exactly where I'm putting them, but you get the idea:
Steam-required games -> Steam's default folder (since I'm lazy)
Games requiring Origin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Origin
Games I bought from Retail w/out any required client-programs -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Retail Games
Amazon DVG games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon DVG Games
Gamersgate games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamersgate
GameFly/D2D games -> C:\Program Files (x86)\GameFly
GOG Games -> Games requiring Origin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Games

#14922 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Which dimension is everybody playing on TSW?

#14923 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

So, is there some repository on who is playing TSW, where, and under what name? I have it but haven't gotten too far and I won't be on CAG much, if at all, for a while.
Posted Image

#14924 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

So, is there some repository on who is playing TSW, where, and under what name? I have it but haven't gotten too far and I won't be on CAG much, if at all, for a while.

There is in the group.

Announcement:

If you grabbed TSW and want an invite to the CAG Steam group, please add me on Steam (idiotekque) and send me a message there. I'll get you added. Please don't PM me, as my inbox is exploding. >.>

Also, anyone can join for now, but it may not always be that way. Not to be elitist douchebags or anything, but the group is getting HUGE very quickly, and has zero rules at the moment. It's a recipe for disaster, but hopefully everyone plays nice.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14925 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Idioteque's got a CAG Steam group.
While I am on it - b/c he wants me to get this game annd all - yeah, MysterD is NOT a TSW gamer....yet.
:P

#14926 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I don't understand the rush, I thought someone posted that The Secret World December Bonus was extended into Jan. (not trolling, I'm looking for the post now). I will update when I find it.

I sincerely apologize. I mis-interpreted/mis-read this post: http://www.cheapassg...postcount=14779

Also, TSW is only on sale on Amazon through tomorrow.

So, even if the Dec bonus is extended into Jan, you only have 48 hours max to get it at $12.99.

#14927 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yes, source of where I bought it so I know where to download it was key to why I started.

Here's an example of current sources:

Amazon
BigFIshGames
Blizzard.com
Bundle in a Box
CD
D2D (Gamefly)
DVD
Gamersgate
GetGames
GOG.com
GreenManGaming
groupees
Humble
IndieGala
IndieRoyale
Mojang
Nzone
Origin
Steam
Uplay

Keep track of that in my head?

Much easier to just make a spreadsheet: Game, who I bought it from.

Definitely a spreadsheet thing. Started making my own to keep track of what games/bundles i had bought, when, whether i used the serial/activated it (i sometimes buy multiples for giving away etc). Believe me.Like you and a few others, it makes life helluva lot easier when trying to keep track of games (and whether to buy something when you know you already have got it!!argh!) :)

#14928 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Definitely a spreadsheet thing. Started making my own to keep track of what games/bundles i had bought, when, whether i used the serial/activated it (i sometimes buy multiples for giving away etc). Believe me.Like you and a few others, it makes life helluva lot easier when trying to keep track of games (and whether to buy something when you know you already have got it!!argh!) :)

An example of this:

10 minutes ago I was still completely ignoring the C&C Bundle for $25 as I was thinking I already owned some/most of the stuff.

Five minutes ago I decided to check my spreadsheet. Maybe $25 was still worth it?

My spreadsheet made me realize I do not even own a single C&C game at all.

I just own too many games. I can't keep track of it all.

Now to see if C&C is something I might ever play. Since I've never bought any of it, that seems to suggest no. But 17 games for $25, hard to ignore.

#14929 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

An example of this:

10 minutes ago I was still completely ignoring the C&C Bundle for $25 as I was thinking I already owned some/most of the stuff.

Five minutes ago I decided to check my spreadsheet. Maybe $25 was still worth it?

Now to see if C&C is something I might ever play. Since I've never bought any of it, that seems to suggest no. But 17 games for $25, hard to ignore.

I actually have from Retail --> C&C Saga Box (C&C Anniversary X: The First Decade - Collection Box + C&C3: Tiberium Wars) + C&C3: Kane's Wrath + C&C: Red Alert 3 - Premier Edition (tin box).
Yeah, I never even touched any of them.

I never bought C&C4 - probably b/c of the "always online" DRM. Even though, it has been dirt-cheap many times.

EDIT:
Oh, I'm also missing C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising.

#14930 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

An example of this:

whats this bundle your talking about?
c&c?

#14931 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

c&c?

C&C Ultimate Bundle in the OP.

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection

17 games, $25

#14932 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

This is one thing that I do with my spreadsheet:

Spoiler

It helps me determine what my play style really is vs. what I think it is to help me with purchasing games.

I also have it broken down by DRM, release date, client key, cd key, distributor, platform, 1st genre, and 2nd genre. I'm contemplating adding a 3rd genre for those really diverse games.

#14933 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Anyone recommend the Amalur DLC? Still have an unopened physical copy of the base game that I might sell if the DLC is good.

#14934 angruss

angruss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I use Steam shortcuts and custom categories to do the same thing in an interactive way, then I add Grid-view images to the non-steam games, and then I can navigate games by store (or which Humble Bundle it's from) in Big Picture using my wireless 360 controller.

Also, Big thanks to recent sales for letting me Steam-ify some games I had. (Had Civ 4 base game, got the 2K Strategy Pack, Had Sonic 3d Blast from Green Man, got the Genesis pack.)

#14935 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

c&c?

Command & Conquer

#14936 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

http://www.amazon.co...and and conquer

#14937 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Wow, and here I thought I was the only person with a spreadsheet...

All mine has though is purchase date, vendor, and price.

#14938 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

i really wish i knew 100% that hitman absolution won't be an editor's choice

#14939 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

This is one thing that I do with my spreadsheet:

Spoiler

It helps me determine what my play style really is vs. what I think it is to help me with purchasing games.

I also have it broken down by DRM, release date, client key, cd key, distributor, platform, 1st genre, and 2nd genre. I'm contemplating adding a 3rd genre for those really diverse games.

See the Raptr thing in my sig? It will do THAT work for you....

#14940 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Anyone recommend the Amalur DLC? Still have an unopened physical copy of the base game that I might sell if the DLC is good.

Supposedly the Dead Kel DLC is the bee's knees and better than the base game but I'm not speaking from experience.