Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#14941 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Wow, and here I thought I was the only person with a spreadsheet...

All mine has though is purchase date, vendor, and price.

That's a separate sheet for me! LOL

(It does seem slightly redundant to keep two identical sheets with different data, I'm thinking of just combining it. But at some point the plethora of data available all at one time just gets ridiculous to look at. It's also tiring to keep hiding/unhiding stuff when you're trying to quickly add/edit info. But since it makes keeping unredeemed keys easier to keep track of, they're likely to stay separate sheets)

#14942 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

See the Raptr thing in my sig? It will do THAT work for you....

Had it, didn't like it. I prefer to do things on my own.

#14943 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

That's a separate sheet for me! LOL

(It does seem slightly redundant to keep two identical sheets with different data, I'm thinking of just combining it. But at some point the plethora of data available all at one time just gets ridiculous to look at. It's also tiring to keep hiding/unhiding stuff when you're trying to quickly add/edit info. But since it makes keeping unredeemed keys easier to keep track of, they're likely to stay separate sheets)

Whomever comes up with Calibre for gaming (with significantly less of a performance hit) will own digital distribution.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#14944 celegus

celegus

Kupo for Kupo Nuts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to use Amazon Payments on a digital game download? I can't seem to find the right button to make it use that instead of a credit card.

#14945 sanguinox

sanguinox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to use Amazon Payments on a digital game download? I can't seem to find the right button to make it use that instead of a credit card.

You have to withdraw the amount you want to an amazon gift card and it will be applied to your next Amazon purchase. I believe that is the only way to use it with digital downloads.

#14946 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

i really wish i knew 100% that hitman absolution won't be an editor's choice

For what it's worth, several days back Tony mentioned it will be highly unlikely for Hitman to make the EC list [I'm guessing because of the current sale Amazon has on the game.]. Hitman may make an appearance, but I don't think it will be cheaper than the current sale price of $20.

Found his post: http://www.cheapassg...postcount=13321

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#14947 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Had it, didn't like it. I prefer to do things on my own.

Which is fine, but that's not easier. It's a bit OCD if anything, but it's not easier at all.

Bought an extra Hotline Miami for my little brother who had already bought it. Guess that goes to my tradelist now!
Posted Image

#14948 jakejaws

jakejaws

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

It should be matched now.

Again, the promo is working on the House of York, do you have a screenshot with it not applying to your checkout?

Posted Image

Also, guys, these conversations are soul sucking. Starting today I'm instituting a "Tony checks and responds to CAG once per day". I'm going to do this for a week and see how it works out.

Responding to stuff until 2-6AM everyday for the past ~2 weeks is starting to wear on me.

To note, again, in this specific situation, the WOTR price match was just that, a price match, there was 0 way I could have told you in your previous posts, whether or not it would occur.

This is my last post for today. See whoever is playing TSW in game.

Cheers,
Tony

Good for you!!! I've been wondering how long you could play hand maiden for some of these whiners b4 exhaustion from answering them, as if they were the only person you service, set in...p.s. getting sick is sometimes a sign of exhaustion.

I like the attention you give but take a break :D 1 time a day sounds like an excellent compromise. You leeches let go of his pants leg!!!!!!!

#14949 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

i would seriously consider moving if i had to pay tax to amazon

#14950 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

For what it's worth, several days back Tony mentioned it will be highly unlikely for Hitman to make the EC list [I'm guessing because of the current sale Amazon has on the game.]. Hitman may make an appearance, but I don't think it will be cheaper than the current sale price of $20.

Found his post: http://www.cheapassg...postcount=13321

I'm 13 hours or so into Hitman: Absolution.
It's...definitely DIFFERENT compared to MOST of the previous Hitman games that I've played (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin; Hitman: Contracts; and Hitman: Blood Money).

EDIT:
I've never played the original Hitman: Codename 47, I should note.

#14951 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

wait so did we figure out that the 2012 bonuses for the secret world ended finally?
i'm just going to wait if they did.
maybe it will go free to play soon

#14952 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Which is fine, but that's not easier. It's a bit OCD if anything, but it's not easier at all.

Why is it when people like to keep their private lives as private as they wish, it's an "OCD" thing?

First thing you're greeted with on Raptr is "Sign up with Facebook"

Now that's a first impression of a website that's going to leave a mark...

But I'm looking at Raptr... With all the stats it's keeping, you'd think it would rival HowLongtoBeat.com... But I'm not finding those kind of stats on a particular game at all.

#14953 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

wait so did we figure out that the 2012 bonuses for the secret world ended finally?
i'm just going to wait if they did.
maybe it will go free to play soon

No. It will not go Free-To-Play.
You pay once for the game, then it's free forever after that. Free-to-play would mean a bunch of annoying in-game purchases, which makes things unfair. So hopefully they don't do that.

Just buy the game if you want it, there's no subscription needed.

#14954 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Contemplating getting one last game between Chivalry, War of the Roses, The Secret World, Serious Sam 3, or Darksiders 2.

Thoughts? Why is everyone getting TSW lately, just because of no monthly Sub?
Posted Image

#14955 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Contemplating getting one last game between Chivalry, War of the Roses, The Secret World, Serious Sam 3, or Darksiders 2.

Posted Image

#14956 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

it was much cheaper in a bundle before. you are getting ripped off. you feel better now?

http://groupees.com/bm5

anyone know of a site that keeps track of these kinds of bundles?

i know of humble, indiegala and now groupees - any other ones?

thanks...

#14957 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

That, and it's an awesome game.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#14958 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

thanks...

IndieRoyale
BundleinaBox

#14959 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Good for you!!! I've been wondering how long you could play hand maiden for some of these whiners b4 exhaustion from answering them, as if they were the only person you service, set in...p.s. getting sick is sometimes a sign of exhaustion.

I like the attention you give but take a break :D 1 time a day sounds like an excellent compromise. You leeches let go of his pants leg!!!!!!!

Well, I don't want to call any of Amazon's other customers "leeches" or "whiners" on an Amazon promotional thread where I generally think highly of the Amazon representative. The sentiment makes less sense than when the Republican pres. candidate called his base moochers unwilling to take self-sufficiency in their own life.

But I honestly am fine with Tony just doing a 1 time a day update. Especially if he tended to do it during the same time, I would find personally find it useful to just have to check in once per day and be up-to-date on what is going on.

Right now, because of the randomness, things not making it to the OP, etc., some of us have to wade through a lot of posts they are not interested in to get the information I came to this thread for -- updates on future Amazon deals. Not to say that's I'm innocent on that score but we should probably have sent a lot of the discussions to their own threads (although they were sometimes fun discussions) ;)

Also, it bears reminding and this might lower the impression that one is being ignored. If you feel Tony has not responded to your question timely, PM him. He's usually amazingly responsive there and from what I understand the PMs also end up in his email box. Finally, we've all been ignored from Tony time to time and shouldn't hold it against him. In fact I'll prove it:

My question to be ignored: Hey Tony, I heard on Reddit it was true that Amazon has no problem with foreigners purchasing Amazon deals if they put in a fake US address. Can you confirm? :D

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#14960 igotnodough

igotnodough

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

how does the editors coupon work?

#14961 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

My question to be ignored: Hey Tony, I heard on Reddit it was true that Amazon has no problem with foreigners purchasing Amazon deals if they put in a fake US address. Can you confirm? :D

Other parts of the Amazon store are region-locked (i.e. I can't make a purchase from them when I'm outside the US) but the game downloads aren't. That's either a hint or a hole.

#14962 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

That, and it's an awesome game.

Oh, no - here we go w/ more TSW talk!
Stop it, already!
It ain't cheap enough for my blood...yet! :P
You can thank GMG recent $5.xx sale for ruining that!

#14963 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

how does the editors coupon work?

It is automatically shown applied at the checkout screen if you have some on your account and you are buying a game on the list.

Guardian_owl.png

#14964 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

thanks...

http://www.indieking...le-tracker.html

#14965 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

thanks...

Sorry misread you LOL.

Edited by smurfinaus, 02 January 2013 - 01:51 AM.
correction

#14966 waabulo

waabulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

wow, I got home from work and it took about an hour to get caught up on this thread (about 40 pages) since I looked last night

Tony, sorry about all the frustration. I think alot of people are just excited for the kick off of the new year and amazon's promotion

TSW seems like the game to get right now if you even are considering a MMO type game

#14967 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Just purchased TSW & sent Idiotekque a friend request on Steam. Does TSW activate on Steam when purchased through Amazon?

#14968 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

I check this thread multiple times a day, have no one to which I'm obliged to respond... and it wears me out. More sympathetic I could not be.

Anyhow... snapped up Max Payne 3. So fast, in fact, that I got the wrong one.

Customer Service was fast and super-helpful in getting it sorted out. Amazon rocks.

76561197971332172.png

#14969 shingletingle

shingletingle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

i would seriously consider moving if i had to pay tax to amazon

You'd pay a large sum of money (hundreds, potentially thousands) to move to a different state to get around paying tens of dollars to Amazon due to tax. Um, okay.....

By the way, you're not paying the tax to Amazon. You're paying it to the state and Amazon is collecting it. Even if Amazon didn't collect it, you're supposed to report it in your taxes, although few people do that.

#14970 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Oh, no - here we go w/ more TSW talk!
Stop it, already!
It ain't cheap enough for my blood...yet! :P
You can thank GMG recent $5.xx sale for ruining that!

We know, MD. We know. ;)

Just purchased TSW & sent Idiotekque a friend request on Steam. Does TSW activate on Steam when purchased through Amazon?

Nope, you activate it here: https://register.thesecretworld.com/

And the game updates and launches through it's own launcher, so there's not much point having it on Steam unless you're just anal about that.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif