Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15001 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Gotcha. Just thought we were sharing tracking techniques, guess I jumped in the middle. But yeah, that's just silly. Easy is kind of subjective anyway. I find it easier to drive a manual transmission because it's more natural for me, others might disagree.

Yeah I didn't realize you weren't the original poster. Got a little bit mixed up there.

Even if something is more natural for you though, there is a certain quantifiable ease to things. You might be used to something, but an automatic is still going to be easier to drive.
Posted Image

#15002 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

True, Unless you have any 1-Click settings turned on, or have Pin-Less Debit card transactions turned on. Turn both of those off (1-Click has it's own section under account settings, but you'll have to go to "update credit card" to op out of PIN-Less Debits for that card. If any of those settings are turned on, you WILL NOT get a 2nd confirmation screen (the one that shows any credits that will be applied) and it instantly charges. Just an FYI.

Good to know. When I first entered my cc info it did say that the card I entered would be used for 1-click, but since I get the confirmation screen when I click the buy button, and I have to click another confirm button for it to go through, I guess it isn't technically set to 1-click

#15003 nny

nny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I couldn't find it anywhere. If Steam puts Hotline Miami on sale for $5 again, will we be able to get it from Amazon for free with the $5 coupon?

#15004 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I couldn't find it anywhere. If Steam puts Hotline Miami on sale for $5 again, will we be able to get it from Amazon for free with the $5 coupon?

I believe Tony mentioned under those PM situations it would be evaluated on a case by case basis.

#15005 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Tony said he doesn't have a good answer for that yet. Not sure what that means, but that's what he said.

EDIT: Or that. I heard something else, I guess.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15006 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, the big thing about this is that EA supposedly optimized the older games to run well on newer systems (XP/Vista/7/8). I actually have disc copies of most of the games I'd be interested in, but the last time EA slapped a collection of these games together, there was zero optimization and I can't get the older games like Tiberian Sun and the original RA games to run worth a crap on my computer now. However, $25 is way too steep a price to pay to play games I already own, so I'm going to have to wait for a much better sale.

I took a look at a few Youtube vids, and I came back with the same impression I probably always have: I doubt I'd ever bother playing the games. It just doesn't look like my cup of tea.

The only thing that makes me take pause it I watch the vids... and don't quite fully understand what all the heck's going on, how you are controlling what I am seeing, etc etc. Since I am not fully appreciating how the gameplay mechanics work, I feel it's something to not completely ignore with trying.

$25 is a pretty steep price for a trial, though.

#15007 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

so i just decided to get hitman during the summer sale or next winter sale since i already have such a pretty big backlog spread across the vita, ps3, 360 and pc(with pc having the biggest of them all, evem the other 3 combined xD) and im just gonna use that EC coupon on max payne since i already play GW2 i decided to pass on TSW & holy shit the Max payne file is HUGE!! 26GB!? cmon brah that is a monster file.

#15008 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Hmm nice didnt even realize I had any $5 coupon codes but apparently I have at least two of them. Bought the Desert to Sea Bundle and will probably get Hotline Miami I guess.

Probably shouldnt have bought the desert to sea bundle since all I wanted was Spec Ops and I think I read that game alone is going to be $7.50 soon. Oh well.

#15009 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

I could of swore it said I get 5$ for buying roller coaster tycoon and dark souls was on that list. Even if I'm wrong I now have another problem, it doesn't recognize I bought roller coaster.

I got an email saying:
Did 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack [Download]' meet your expectations? Review it on Amazon.com

Email to the account i logged in, also has my name on the email. I click to rate it, and it also isn't appearing.

You probably have more than one Amazon account under the same email. No, they can't be merged. It's a feature, not a bug.

#15010 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

So does the Secret World have a monthly fee? Think I read someone say it doesn't, but when you look under the details it says it does have one so asking for clarification before purchasing. Thanks!

#15011 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

So does the Secret World have a monthly fee? Think I read someone say it doesn't, but when you look under the details it says it does have one so asking for clarification before purchasing. Thanks!

No it doesn't. I'm wondering if recent buys are still getting the bonuses.

#15012 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I have $54.98 in credit but there's nothing I can really do with it. $5 off per-item isn't that great. anyway I could send that credit to other people.

#15013 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

It's free, with optional subscriptions, purchasable content packs, and microtransaction goods.

#15014 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Just to make sure, tomorrow we're expecting to grab The Darkness II and Spec Ops for 5 bucks both after applying the EC coupons, right?

#15015 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

I'm thinking about using my last promo code on TSW. I've never played an MMO before. Is it a good one for a first timer to jump into?

#15016 KBoom

KBoom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

It's free, with optional subscriptions, purchasable content packs, and microtransaction goods.

So basically it's a F2P paid game. :-&

#15017 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Just to make sure, tomorrow we're expecting to grab The Darkness II and Spec Ops for 5 bucks both after applying the EC coupons, right?

Tony said they'd be $2.50 each in a couple days after the coupon.

I'm thinking about using my last promo code on TSW. I've never played an MMO before. Is it a good one for a first timer to jump into?

Uh, maybe not. It's rather complicated and has a steep learning curve compared to most MMOs.

That said, we've got a strong group going, so you wouldn't be alone, and I'd say it's worth learning.

That's a little misleading, actually. The microtransaction and content packs are almost ALL cosmetic, while the subscriptions running are pretty useless towards actual gameplay as well.

The game is NOT P2W (pay to win).

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15018 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

So basically CAG is taking over TSW?

Nice.

#15019 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

If you don't mind it requiring Origin, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to install another client (especially just for one game.)

I had a few games on Origin for a while, namely Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and Dragon Age 1 and 2. That is, before they made half of their games free. Now I've got like 48 games on there, so it's no biggie.

Please give away free games again, EA.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#15020 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

So basically CAG is taking over TSW?

Nice.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!!!!

Damn, this download is taking FOREVER!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15021 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

I hope GMG has The Secret World for $5 again in the near future... or maybe even Amazon *hint hint

#15022 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

this secret world thing is driving me crazy
today is the last day for 17.99 right?

i already have way to many games
it WILL go free to play eventually
but it is one of the reasons i got a gaming laptop (along with guild wars 2 which i already have and have played for about 30 minutes)

#15023 scrappler

scrappler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I'm in your boat..although i already bought it and started playing. it takes some getting used to but could well be worth the effort.

the hardest part for me so far was mapping the keys...so many...and i totally re-mapped into a terrible configuration. may go back to the default.
Posted Image

#15024 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Because I have some extra Amazon credit, and I missed out the last time it was on sale... next time Guild Wars 2 drops to about $29.99 or less, I'll be purchasing it.

Tony, can you make that happen? :P

#15025 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

... but it is one of the reasons i got a gaming laptop ...

Well, there's your answer.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15026 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Tony why u no make sr3 season pass work with ec?
Posted Image

#15027 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Is that Editor's Choice list final or are they gonna be adding more games to it over time?

#15028 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Is that Editor's Choice list final or are they gonna be adding more games to it over time?

More over time.

#15029 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Tony said they will be adding more games throughout the month.

#15030 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

If you don't mind it requiring Origin, I'd say go for it. Personally, I'm hesitant because I don't want to install another client (especially just for one game.)

Just tear the bandaid off and get it over with. I wanted to have only Amazon DRM free + Steam but I would miss out on too much.