Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15151 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Seems unlikely that they will make it free, considering the withdrawal of the $5 Bioshock Dual Pack.

#15152 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

So is Hotline Miami going to drop more or is $2.50 with the coupon the lowest it is going?

If you wait long enough I bet it'll be in an indie game pack, but for now, I really doubt it'll drop more considering the reviews and sales.

#15153 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Seems unlikely that they will make it free, considering the withdrawal of the $5 Bioshock Dual Pack.

There's a possibility of it being free if another retailer has it for $5. Might get PM'd. Bioshock dual pack got taken down because it was never meant to be free, Tony made a mistake.

#15154 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

WE'RE CRASHING THEIR DOWNLOAD SERVER! I bet Funcom is going "WTF" at this.

...or probably not. But yeah, it's really slow for me unless I devote 100% of my bandwidth to it. I might get 250k/s then if I'm lucky.

Actually, its their own fault. What kind of an installer crashes hours into a 16 GB download? I've tried it three times after blowing away all the data after the 2nd attempt didn't work.

Always on "patching resource database" 4/4.

#15155 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Actually, its their own fault. What kind of an installer crashes hours into a 16 GB download? I've tried it three times after blowing away all the data after the 2nd attempt didn't work.

Wha? I shut my computer off and came back and it picked up right where I left off.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15156 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

This kept happening to me to, was what my earlier post was referring to. When it crashed it would not retain the download progress before. On my 4th try though, it did retain the info and finished up.

And now I am realizing that my pc is not up to the specs for this game. :lol: What I get for impulse buying. Oh well

#15157 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

This kept happening to me to, was what my earlier post was referring to. When it crashed it would not retain the download progress before. On my 4th try though, it did retain the info and finished up.

And now I am realizing that my pc is not up to the specs for this game. :lol: What I get for impulse buying. Oh well

Play it on DX9, not DX11, set everything to low, and if that doesn't work, start cycling down your resolutions.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15158 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Tsw question:

Anyone know how easy you can copy these files to another computer?

#15159 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Called Amazon cs to see if I could get a refund on 2k Strategy Super Pack since I bought it yesterday and it's $5 cheaper today. He offers a $5 promo credit. Not as good as a refund, but I'm planning to buy something from Amazon anyway. Checked http://www.amazon.co...tegy super pack and it's back to $19.99. Wow, that was fast.

#15160 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Play it on DX9, not DX11, set everything to low, and if that doesn't work, start cycling down your resolutions.

Yeah, I've been crashing constantly in the Secret World trying to run 1920x1200 resolution and DX11. You'd think an i7 and GTX 660 Ti could handle it, but reading on their forums apparently that's a pretty common issue.

I might have to swap down to DX9 and see if it's more stable, but I want my eye candy, darnit!

Edited by Necrotron, 02 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.
Tyops!

#15161 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Called Amazon cs to see if I could get a refund on 2k Strategy Super Pack since I bought it yesterday and it's $5 cheaper today. He offers a $5 promo credit. Not as good as a refund, but I'm planning to buy something from Amazon anyway. Checked http://www.amazon.co...tegy super pack and it's back to $19.99. Wow, that was fast.

Yeah, it was a glitch.

Yeah, I've been crashing constantly in the Secret World trying to run 1920x1200 resolution and DX11. You'd think an i7 and GTX 660 Ti could handle it, but reading on their forums apparnetly that's a pretty common issue.

I might have to swap down to DX9 and see if it's more stable, but I want my eye candy, darnit!

It's because the game is badly optimized on DX11 to nVidia cards. Hopefully it will be fixed, but in the meantime, using DX9 only loses you SSAO and tessellation. Normally I'd be bummed about no SSAO, but in this game I really can't notice the difference much. Tessellation is nice (bumpy ground), but really not that big of a deal.

I switched to DX9 and I can set everything to max no problem. Game looks great.

bZ2g3eF.png

#15162 Arkental

Arkental

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Well I'm happy, got Darkness 2 for $2.50 :) Wish amazon would price match steam on the Total War Grandmaster collection as I'd rather buy it from amazon :P

I'll agree with this, a PM on the assorted games/bundles in the Total War series (75% off at steam) would be great.

#15163 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Except my internet isn't an issue. I've got 50 down/10 up, and it rarely hiccups.

#15164 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Whoa, it was down to $15 pre-coupon? Wish I had seen that. I held off on buying that pack even though I had a 2K coupon burning a hole in my pocket because I was waiting for a super-duper complete version of Civ 5. For $10 dollars though, I would have definitely taken the plunge.

How long was it up for $15? Is this something that I managed to miss for the better part of a day?

EDIT: Oh I see that it was just a momentary glitch. Don't feel so bad about missing it now. I can't be watching this thread 24/7. So if something slips by, it slips by.

#15165 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The GamersGate glitches have invaded Amazon!

Sad I missed the 2K Strat pack at $14.99. I would have bitten.

#15166 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Whoa, it was down to $15 pre-coupon? Wish I had seen that. I held off on buying that pack even though I had a 2K coupon burning a hole in my pocket because I was waiting for a super-duper complete version of Civ 5. For $10 dollars though, I would have definitely taken the plunge.

How long was it up for $15? Is this something that I managed to miss for the better part of a day?

Maybe 10-15 minutes. It was back to normal price right after I got off the phone with their cs.

#15167 Nidaba

Nidaba

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks, tried it with DX9 and low, and playing windowed seems to work ok enough. This is just my first experience with a game telling me my comp is below suggested requirements. My poor baby is old now I guess :cry:

But now that I finally have it working and Necrotron sent me a steam invite I will have to play with you guys!

#15168 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Well I'm happy, got Darkness 2 for $2.50 :) Wish amazon would price match steam on the Total War Grandmaster collection as I'd rather buy it from amazon :P

You better get it off from steam then.

#15169 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Is Transformers Fall of Cybertron likely to drop in price anytime soon? ($29.99 Amazon, $24.99 Daily on Steam atm). Seems like newer games have been discounted a lot more but this game stays a bit on the high side :/.

Edited by smurfinaus, 02 January 2013 - 09:21 AM.
Correction

#15170 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Ahha, can get spec ops for 2.49$ now and I jumped at the chance to get it for 4.75 after coupon and trade in at GMG.

Oh well, I don't regret it! 4.75 was an amazing price

#15171 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

It's Activision. The only decent deal they've done in a while is with the Prototype franchise and that's probably because the second game was a huge bomb.

#15172 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Any idea if Dark Souls will go lower than $18? Also can the $5 coupons work on it?

#15173 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

The GamersGate glitches have invaded Amazon!

Sad I missed the 2K Strat pack at $14.99. I would have bitten.

Same here. $10 is a no-brainer, $15 is just a bit too much for me to add to my backlog.

Any idea if Dark Souls will go lower than $18? Also can the $5 coupons work on it?

No idea. Obviously.

#15174 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Probably not and yes.

#15175 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, it was a glitch.

It's because the game is badly optimized on DX11 to nVidia cards. Hopefully it will be fixed, but in the meantime, using DX9 only loses you SSAO and tessellation. Normally I'd be bummed about no SSAO, but in this game I really can't notice the difference much. Tessellation is nice (bumpy ground), but really not that big of a deal.

I switched to DX9 and I can set everything to max no problem. Game looks great.

Thanks, I'll just give it a run in DX9 then and be done with it.

#15176 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Only way Dark Souls goes lower than $18 (before coupon) is via price match and I don't see Gamestop or Gamefly doing that this sale cycle.

#15177 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'll just pretend that I'm playing TSW while on Youtube since the Illuminati is mentioned in the comments for practically every video.

Well, the Internet is pretty much The Secret World in real life. "Imagine if every conspiracy theory were actually true."

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#15178 n0id

n0id

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Need some opinions:

I have 1 of the 2k coupons. The only 2 games I'm looking at is Spec ops, and nba2k13.

I'm not a basketball fan at all (in fact, not a fan of any sports) and the last basketball game i played was nba jam for snes. But, id get more hours of play from nba2k13 than spec ops.

Spec ops to me looks like a better quality game, in terms of it having a good story line, and action based (but i heard its short).

So....thoughts? :\

#15179 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

To those on the fence about KOA, go get it fast! I've been playing it for about 2 hours and is a blast. I really like the combat system. The only annoying thing is the FOV, but I see there is a generic fix that I'll be trying tonight.

#15180 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I keep seeing the term FOV lately and had never seen it before. What does it stand for?
Posted Image