Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15211 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Don't worry, it will "magically" reappear in stock when the Steam pricematch disappears. It may be a day or two later so the illusion looks "real".

I wonder if it also was the fact that you could get MP3 with *half of the DLC included* for $9.99 with coupon.

(still gotta wonder if the DLC included was a mistake...)

EDIT: to clarify, it came with four of the DLCs

#15212 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Tsw question:

Anyone know how easy you can copy these files to another computer?

I did it. Copied from my PC to my laptop - after copying I re-ran patcher setup and the client patcher and about 5 mins later I was gtg.

#15213 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

You won't know until you get to Kingsmouth and can "claim" issue #5.

Where do I go to claim Issue #5?

I see "special issue 51" under "claim items", but assume that isn't it.
Posted Image

#15214 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

So, the real deals right now is Hotline Miami, Spec Ops, and The Darkness II?

To be honest, I don't really have a strong interest in any of them, but might end up with HM. One of my 3 is reserved for Crusader Kings II if it drops in price.
Posted Image

#15215 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Two questions regarding TSW:

1) Is the bonus content still available?
2) I have a registered account from a free weekend a few months ago. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had an account and did not receive the bonus content when they registered their key. Anyone know what the deal is with this? IF the bonus content is still available, any chance I wont' receive it because I have a pre-existing but non-activated account?

Thanks.

#15216 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Don't worry, it will "magically" reappear in stock when the Steam pricematch disappears. It may be a day or two later so the illusion looks "real".

To be honest, I don't think Amazon can sell a good AAA game with $60 retail price for $10 for a long time, so this is perfectly understandable

fs_pc.png

#15217 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Supposedly through the 7th, no guarantees.

2) I have a registered account from a free weekend a few months ago. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had an account and did not receive the bonus content when they registered their key. Anyone know what the deal is with this?

That was me who reported not seeing it and I don't know what the deal is. Maybe you had to buy time for December to get the offer and the free month with a purchase qualifies you. I'm not willing to pop $14.99 and find out.

To be honest, I don't think Amazon can sell a good AAA game with $60 retail price for $10 for a long time, so this is perfectly understandable

I'd point out that I bought it for something like $8 from GamersGate back over Thanksgiving but that's probably not the best data point ;)

#15218 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Two questions regarding TSW:

2) I have a registered account from a free weekend a few months ago. Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had an account and did not receive the bonus content when they registered their key. Anyone know what the deal is with this? IF the bonus content is still available, any chance I wont' receive it because I have a pre-existing but non-activated account?

Thanks.

1) Someone picked it up this morning and still got the content
2) Not sure on that one. The person before had an actual account where he had purchased the game before. They should still get Issue 5 since that was for all people active prior to Dec 31,2012. The Initiate pack is, by my understanding, for people who are new players.

#15219 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yeah, I only care about Issue 5, as much as I care about anything. My account already has newbie bonuses (newbie weapons, pet cat, t-shirt, some magic ring) that I think are of the "supposed to be pre-order but you get them anyway" variety so the Initiate Pack doesn't interest me.

#15220 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Supposedly through the 7th, no guarantees.

Alright, I bit the bullet and picked it up. I've registered my game on their website to my account. Is there anything else I need to do to try and get access to the bonus content, or is that sufficient for now? I'm at work, and not sure when I'm going to have a chance to actually download the game client in the next few days or possibly even weeks, especially if it's as large as everyone says it is.

#15221 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Need some opinions:

I have 1 of the 2k coupons. The only 2 games I'm looking at is Spec ops, and nba2k13.
[snip]
Spec ops to me looks like a better quality game, in terms of it having a good story line, and action based (but i heard its short).

So....thoughts? :\

Spec Ops is a great game (story, atmosphere, setting,all great), but it can be completed in about 4-7 hours or so (depending which difficulty you set and whether you look for all the hidden intel items), though you will probably want to play through it at least 1 more time. If you care about achievements you have to play it through at least 2 times to get all of them. Multiplayer is LITERALLY tacked on (the single player devs didn't want it, it was forced on them by the publisher and done by another studio) and is completely dead unless you organize with a friend to play with. All of the achievements are for single player. Voice acting is great too, it's Nathan Drake Vs. Tron!

Guardian_owl.png

#15222 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Your right!!! That is why Steam has had multiple good AAA games with a $60 retail price on sale for $15 or less and we have only seen keys run out ONCE on the Witcher, two years ago... As I said, if Amazon puts it back in stock after the sale we will know the truth.

#15223 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ok, those $2.5 deals are awesome! Spec Ops is a no brainer at that price point, haven't heard bad things about that game.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#15224 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm halfway through mission 12 out of 15 from picking up Spec Ops when it was on sale at GMG, and while I don't regret it for $5.25 yet alone if I had gotten it for $2.50, I'm thus far not as impressed with the story as I expected. It brings up interesting scenarios but I don't find the overarching plot or characters too good. We'll see what the final act brings though, too early to judge.

The gameplay while generic is very solid, no complaints. You can die pretty quickly on normal difficulty.

#15225 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Alright, I bit the bullet and picked it up. I've registered my game on their website to my account. Is there anything else I need to do to try and get access to the bonus content, or is that sufficient for now? I'm at work, and not sure when I'm going to have a chance to actually download the game client in the next few days or possibly even weeks, especially if it's as large as everyone says it is.

You can only be SURE you got it about an hour in when you gain access to the in-game store as you can finally check the "Boosts" section and see if Issue 5 is listed with a price or for $0. That being said, I think all you have to do is register and you should be fine. I don't think it actually has to be claimed by that point.

**However, having recently been screwed by the whole take-back Gamersgate thing, I have learned to grab content ASAP when you believe there is some sort of screw-up going on.

#15226 Razorfish

Razorfish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Although the installer told me that I needed 15gb of space free, the install folder was actually 36.4 gb in size when the patcher finished doing its thing.

You might want to log into the Item Store (you can do so through the web, it is the bottom-left-most option button in the launcher) and claim the Issue #5 content update as well, just in case.
http://www.thesecret....com/itemstore/

#15227 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

lol. Amazon runs out of keys a lot, even when they order tons and tons of them. If they wanted to stop the price match they would just raise the price. Last year during the price matches when some games were free they ran out of keys sometimes within minutes.

#15228 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm halfway through mission 12 out of 15 from picking up Spec Ops when it was on sale at GMG, and while I don't regret it for $5.25 yet alone if I had gotten it for $2.50, I'm thus far not as impressed with the story as I expected. It brings up interesting scenarios but I don't find the overarching plot or characters too good. We'll see what the final act brings though, too early to judge.

The gameplay while generic is very solid, no complaints. You can die pretty quickly on normal difficulty.

If you are taking the story at face value it does not surprise me that you feel that way about it. Start paying a bit more attention to what your comrades are saying and how they respond to you. There's a lot of subtlety that becomes apparent once you see the ending, but it's all there throughout and is blatant on a 2nd playthrough. Kind of like watching The 6th Sense again knowing Bruce Willis is a ghost; you see all the hints, references, etc that you missed the 1st time.
And part of me can't help but think the generic appearance and gameplay is intentional given the message they try to put across. It's intentionally playing on tropes of the modern military action hero.

#15229 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Although the installer told me that I needed 15gb of space free, the install folder was actually 36.4 gb in size when the patcher finished doing its thing.

You might want to log into the Item Store (you can do so through the web, it is the bottom-left-most option button in the launcher) and claim the Issue #5 content update as well, just in case.

Where would I find Issue #5 in the store?

Nevermind. Apparently in boosts, which is a weird place for it. lol
Posted Image

#15230 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Apparently I need a character to log into the item store, so while it's a great idea, it's not going to work for me. :(

#15231 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

lol. Amazon runs out of keys a lot, even when they order tons and tons of them. If they wanted to stop the price match they would just raise the price. Last year during the price matches when some games were free they ran out of keys sometimes within minutes.

I agree, my comment was on whether it was a true "out of keys" or a "we are DONE selling at the PM price". We will see based on when the keys get restocked.

#15232 DaFees

DaFees

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Of all the games on the list I only have Bioshock 1 & 2 so I am wondering if Spec Ops for $2.49 will be the best deal I could score this month or if a better deal would crop up later in the month?

I <3 :br:, my :ps3:, and my 46" Samsung HDTV
I am :error:

#15233 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I paid full price for Xcom and it was worth it.....

I want the damn DLC to drop in price :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#15234 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Of all the games on the list I only have Bioshock 1 & 2 so I am wondering if Spec Ops for $2.49 will be the best deal I could score this month or if a better deal would crop up later in the month?

I was in the same boat and just picked up Spec Ops by itself...Maybe since the game is so short, I will actually finish a game for once.

Curious what all the comments on the great story is about.

#15235 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

great price for xcom

remembering civ 5 pricing
it retained initial 50$ list price for the first year
and civ 5 goty list price is still 50)

so id say we wont see a deeper discount soon-i expect 12,5 around summertime

#15236 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Any CAGs who've just gotten into TSW can either add me on Steam: PetriesLastWord or on Cerebus server as "Petries", account the same as Steam (unsure about how adding friends works yet!
Posted Image

#15237 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Go into spec Ops the line as cold as you can, the less you know the greater the effect it will have. It is mostly linear and often the hidden intel items are at bottle necks so you should come across most in the course of the playthrough, I think I only missed about 20% of them. There is chapter select with difficulty setting and an index of intel items on the main menu (so you can see which ones you missed easily and listen to them out of game, all at once) so it's very easy to go back and pick up the ones you missed, no need to follow a guide while playing.

Edited by guardian_owl, 02 January 2013 - 05:02 PM.

Guardian_owl.png

#15238 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

So my cousin ended up gifting me TSW as a late Xmas present (good thing I hadn't bit already) and... IDK... maybe it's because I've never played MMOs before (except for like a hour of Guild Wars 2) ... the controls are really awkward/clunky for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but at the same time I find myself wishing I could play with my controller, lol (as I tend to play most TPS-style games with a controller)

I really want to like it! The story seems interesting. I just hope I can get past the controls thing.

#15239 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

great price for xcom

To be honest, I'm surprised it hit such a low price. I was expecting about 33% off, given past history with Civ.
Posted Image

#15240 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

great price for xcom

Sounds about right considering GMG had XCOM at $17.50 with their voucher recently.