Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15271 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Any recs for stuff besides Hotline Miami under $8? I have a $5 and a $3 credit that are apparently stacking.

#15272 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

The majority of the posts in the thread are people just being helpful, informative, etc. Sure the thread derails at times (like all threads) but it's not as dire as some people like to pretend it is.

For those who "miss" Tony's updates, just find a post by him (like the OP) and look up on his profile his latest posts and you'll see all HIS posts and the information HE provided. It's not really as difficult some make it out to be.

For me personally, I miss his presence in the threads, not his actual posts (for reasons you noted above - easily searchable). I know it's only a day though lol. Just happens to be a day where I have a question for a change.

#15273 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

The majority of the posts in the thread are people just being helpful, informative, etc. Sure the thread derails at times (like all threads) but it's not as dire as some people like to pretend it is.

For those who "miss" Tony's updates, just find a post by him (like the OP) and look up on his profile his latest posts and you'll see all HIS posts and the information HE provided. It's not really as difficult some make it out to be.

Actually, I tried that. With people deleting their posts, the links no longer work.

Some work, some don't...

Quick example is 12-28 post "BF3 Premium will be $25...after the coupon" should be at the bottom of page 2 of his list of posts. Click, and you end up nowhere.

I believe this is caused by others deleting their posts, and the link breaking thanks to that.

#15274 Raptor25

Raptor25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Went ahead and finished Spec Ops, that was probably the best stretch of the game. It did elevate some of the things that had happened, though I'm still a bit luke warm on parts of the story which I don't want to get into for spoiler reasons. Need to think about it a bit. The epilogue was pretty impactful.

In any case, it's an interesting game well worth $2.50. Alright, I won't go any further into that tangent =)

#15275 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well, I woke up to see that it errored out a 2nd time. Re-downloading again. To people wanting to see if they got the bonus content easily, issue 5 is either in game or in the item store (must have created a character to log into that), but if you just want to see if you got all the bonuses, check this page and you should see the Initiate Pack:
https://register.the...ption/ctrl/tsw/yourIDhere

If you see the initiate pack, then your set.

Dowloading for the 3rd time, I let it uninstall the previous installation this time, or at least I tried to. It still says it's on my system every time. I re-downloaded the official launcher from the web site. This is stupid. It's easier to pirate the damn thing than deal with this crap, and I actually paid for it.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#15276 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Honestly, nobody should have to do that. If that was desired then why make a topic for it with sales in the first post? How is that user friendly to anyone? Right now there are two sales that started today and no signs of it in the first two posts. People can't pop in, go "oh here's the link," and buy. I think the sale is only for today too (if it were there I would actually know instead of just assuming!) so it is extremely easy to forget that the sale is for today and miss on the deal.

This isn't a case of 'tell us first!' or even 'give some warning!." This is a sale happening right now and has been for almost half a day. That's a real problem there and hopefully not a sign of where the topic is going.

#15277 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered several times before, but I haven't seen anything about it and I was hoping for a clarification of some kind. The Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says:

When I check my email inbox though, I only see emails for Promotional Credit for purchases made on November 19th and later. My earlier November purchases don't seem to have gotten any Promotional Credits, at least emails concerning the credit being applied that is. Were ALL November purchases given Promotional Credits, as the Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice Games page specifically says? I certainly hope my November purchases of the "Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle", "The Harry Batman Bundle", and the "Prototype Pack" have their rightful credits applied to my account, even despite there being no emails! :o

To find your $5 promotional credits, search for 1000728511 in your email.

babble, babble, parallel dimension, babble, babble, !?, babble, babble, tired of this...

You're so eloquent. ;)
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#15278 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Haven't tried it myself yet, but you can do most everything in the game with a controller using Xpadder - apparently it works pretty well. I actually have a chatpad hooked up to mine with a community-made keyboard driver allowing it's use - so theoretically you could do everything with one of those.

Being my first MMO style game I'm having problems as well. Just seems awkward trying to move with WASD and then hit the number keys for attacks. Using the mouse to click them is a bit easier, but then the problem is picking who to target.

Anyone have any advice to make my life easier?
Posted Image

#15279 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

To find your $5 promotional credits, search for 1000728511 in your email.

Great tip!

#15280 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Being my first MMO style game I'm having problems as well. Just seems awkward trying to move with WASD and then hit the number keys for attacks. Using the mouse to click them is a bit easier, but then the problem is picking who to target.

You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.

#15281 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

How are you guys downloading tis through amazon, all I get from amazon is an html with a link to thesecretworld.com telling me to register and download the client there. Which isn't working.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#15282 RankoRed

RankoRed

Oh, I can change this !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Guys, the 5$ credit promo can be used more than 1 time per account ? Of course I bought few games that gave the credit.

#15283 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Tony,

any chance for a PM on sacred gold - it's $2.00 on steam - also do you know what kind of drm the amazon version uses?

better yet, any plans for a strategy one or meridian4 bundle? thanks!

btw - with all the hotline miami talk, if you're looking for a few more guilt-free (i.e. not people) shooters, may want to look at alien shooter (1/2) and zombie shooter http://www.amazon.co...s=alien shooter. You can get a demo over at steam and they sometimes end up in a cheap bundle as well.

#15284 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.

Well alright then. Will fight the urge to click and just get used to number keys then. Thank you.
Posted Image

#15285 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

@walkonshadows Just a random thought... how much space do you have free on the drive you're trying to dl/install TSW to? TSW installed consumes 37 GB, and you probably need a bit more room for it to uncompress downloaded files. So if you have less than 37+15 GB free, that could be the problem. (I had 60 GB free on that drive, and the TSW installer/patcher ran completion/error. A quick relaunch and it declared all good). I was using the setup.exe from the TSW account page.

Don't forget the mocking and ridicule we subject "keyboard turners"* to.

*Turning with the keyboard is always slower than turning with the mouse.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15286 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

btw - with all the hotline miami talk, if you're looking for a few more guilt-free (i.e. not people) shooters, may want to look at alien shooter (1/2) and zombie shooter http://www.amazon.co...s=alien shooter. You can get a demo over at steam and they sometimes end up in a cheap bundle as well.

Hotline Miami really isn't a shoot. It is more a puzzle/strategy game that just uses shooting as its mechanic.

#15287 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Dowloading for the 3rd time, I let it uninstall the previous installation this time, or at least I tried to. It still says it's on my system every time. I re-downloaded the official launcher from the web site. This is stupid. It's easier to pirate the damn thing than deal with this crap, and I actually paid for it.

I have no idea what's going wrong. The installer does do a weird thing where it tells you there's an error at the end, but if you close it and just relaunch it (eg: your start menu) it works fine. Are you deleting it after it gives you an error or something? Don't think any of the other NUMEROUS people in this thread have had the difficulty installing it that you have. I've installed it on 3 different computers (desktop, media center, laptop) like I do most of my PC games and haven't had an issue on any other than what I described above.

#15288 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

@walkonshadows Just a random thought... how much space do you have free on the drive you're trying to dl/install TSW to? TSW installed consumes 37 GB, and you probably need a bit more room for it to uncompress downloaded files. So if you have less than 37+15 GB free, that could be the problem. (I had 60 GB free on that drive, and the TSW installer/patcher ran completion/error. A quick relaunch and it declared all good). I was using the setup.exe from the TSW account page.

Jesus, I'm going to have to relearn everything that feels "natural" to me!
Posted Image

#15289 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

lol I nearly forgot about keyboard turners and they are worse than clickers haah

#15290 Ogedai_Khan

Ogedai_Khan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Anyone able to hand out buddy invites for a The Secret World trial account?

#15291 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

See my tip earlier about remapping the strafe and turn keys (essentially swapping them). Using tab to change targets is helpful at times. I keep frequently used "spells" on 1-4/5 and less often elsewhere. Those not on 1-5 are often clicked with a mouse as a result, but that is just what i've gotten used to. It is a different control mechanic, but one that is pretty consistent throughout most MMOs and my tips would help you acclimatize to any of them. Think of it as playing an FPS where you are switching your guns frequently?

#15292 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

See my tip earlier about remapping the strafe and turn keys (essentially swapping them). Using tab to change targets is helpful at times. I keep frequently used "spells" on 1-4/5 and less often elsewhere. Those not on 1-5 are often clicked with a mouse as a result, but that is just what i've gotten used to. It is a different control mechanic, but one that is pretty consistent throughout most MMOs and my tips would help you acclimatize to any of them. Think of it as playing an FPS where you are switching your guns frequently?

I have logged into TSW yet, but another handy MMO remapping is useful skills/buttons to F1-F5 (and possibly whatever key is to the left of "1" on your keyboard).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#15293 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Problem is I play my FPS on console or with a gamepad as a general rule. It's something I'm trying to unlearn now as I gravitate more towards PC! lol
Posted Image

#15294 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

For me personally, I miss his presence in the threads, not his actual posts (for reasons you noted above - easily searchable). I know it's only a day though lol. Just happens to be a day where I have a question for a change.

I think we're all in the same boat, but can't blame the guy for needing a break since some people think he's their personal CSR instead of just a cool member of the community.

Actually, I tried that. With people deleting their posts, the links no longer work.

Some work, some don't...

Quick example is 12-28 post "BF3 Premium will be $25...after the coupon" should be at the bottom of page 2 of his list of posts. Click, and you end up nowhere.

I believe this is caused by others deleting their posts, and the link breaking thanks to that.

Didn't realize it affected that too, kind of sucks, probably time for a new thread.

That's weird. The TSW DLer consistently craps out on me, but usually I just restart and it keeps DLing instead of starting all over again.

Honestly, nobody should have to do that. If that was desired then why make a topic for it with sales in the first post? How is that user friendly to anyone? Right now there are two sales that started today and no signs of it in the first two posts. People can't pop in, go "oh here's the link," and buy. I think the sale is only for today too (if it were there I would actually know instead of just assuming!) so it is extremely easy to forget that the sale is for today and miss on the deal.

This isn't a case of 'tell us first!' or even 'give some warning!." This is a sale happening right now and has been for almost half a day. That's a real problem there and hopefully not a sign of where the topic is going.

It's just the nature of the amazon site. It's built on fluid pricing, not set time sales for the most part. If you want to know what's on sale at one time just go here:

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000716161

I'm a clicker. I played WOW clicking and not until the end did I start doing the buttons after my brother told me too. It definitely made it a lot better. MMOs tend to have wonky controls, but TSW to me has some of the better ones. Feels more RPGish.

#15295 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's.

I've been clicking icons since Everquest. Never got out of the habit.

Except back when I used to play my EQ bard.
Spoiler

#15296 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Tony Withdrawal Syndrome- TWS

Symptoms include sweating, tremors, headaches, looking frantically through CAG forums for Tony's last post, shouting T-Money into dark alleys, and diarrhea or constipation.
8-) Head BrokeAss

#15297 Fodder

Fodder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm worried that this is a question that's asked frequently, but I don't see any mention of it in the OP, and I'm sure as heck not reading through 500 pages for the answer, so I'll post here.

I have $17.99 in Amazon Digital Video game credit, but when I go to purchase a game, in this case X-Com, it doesn't apply any of it. It only deducts a $5 coupon. How do I use the credit?

Thanks for your help!

#15298 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Sounds like the board admin needs to run an update on the db through the VB control panel.

Either that or start a new thread.

76561197971332172.png

#15299 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hi all,

I'm worried that this is a question that's asked frequently, but I don't see any mention of it in the OP, and I'm sure as heck not reading through 500 pages for the answer, so I'll post here.

I have $17.99 in Amazon Digital Video game credit, but when I go to purchase a game, in this case X-Com, it doesn't apply any of it. It only deducts a $5 coupon. How do I use the credit?

Thanks for your help!

You don't have $17.99 in DVG credit. What you have is different credit towards different games. Likely $5 off an editor's choice game (which is what you see being taken off) and $12.99 towards AirMech or some other F2P starter/booster pack.

So you will only get $5 off X-Com which is the way it should be.

#15300 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for your help!

Well, you can only apply one coupon per game. Aside from that, the credit tracker is terrible and counts things such as free-to-play game DLC values and similar promotions in its total. So you probably don't have $18 in liquid credit if you're basing it off that.