Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15301 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm worried that this is a question that's asked frequently, but I don't see any mention of it in the OP, and I'm sure as heck not reading through 500 pages for the answer, so I'll post here.

I have $17.99 in Amazon Digital Video game credit, but when I go to purchase a game, in this case X-Com, it doesn't apply any of it. It only deducts a $5 coupon. How do I use the credit?

Thanks for your help!

That is mostly F2P Credit for Airmech and Adventure Quest Worlds. You don't really have $17.99 in credit.

#15302 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi all,

I'm worried that this is a question that's asked frequently, but I don't see any mention of it in the OP, and I'm sure as heck not reading through 500 pages for the answer, so I'll post here.

I have $17.99 in Amazon Digital Video game credit, but when I go to purchase a game, in this case X-Com, it doesn't apply any of it. It only deducts a $5 coupon. How do I use the credit?

Thanks for your help!

You need to contact amazon by email or phone (or search for "amazon.com promotional credit in your email) to determine what the credit(s) actually is, all credits which may only work on certain items are all lumped together in one number.

For instance right now I have a $13 credit for fiesta online holiday house, $10 for a stronghold mighty castle pack, and $10 in runescape fortune spins. Also I don't think the $5 coupons actually add toward that listed credit total.

Guardian_owl.png

#15303 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Does anyone have any extra guest passes for The Secret World?

#15304 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well, you can only apply one coupon per game. Aside from that, the credit tracker is terrible and counts things such as free-to-play game DLC values and similar promotions in its total. So you probably don't have $18 in liquid credit if you're basing it off that.

Since Amazon knows how many EC coupons you have since they eventually run out if you use them all, they have an obvious counter somewhere.

The fact that apparently a customer can't just easily see these counter(s) sure is a disservice.

Although I have two dozen or so coupons (yeah, I'm not even positive), thanks to this uncertainty I will be certain that when I even think I am running low, I will start buying games from most interested in to least interested in. That way when I do suddenly run out, I'm not kicking myself for buying one game over another first, if I felt I could have just waited for the next sale, or for the regular price to just drop later on.

But yeah, my "counter" is currently $839.15. Frankly, I don't even know WTF that all is.

(I should really not that to the best of my knowledge, I have ~24 EC coupons left, value of ~$120. Where the other $720 is coming from, I'm not completely sure at all. WHy doesn't Amazon just have a credits/coupons/etc acct page for us to look at???)

#15305 Fodder

Fodder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

You need to contact amazon by email or phone (or search for "amazon.com promotional credit in your email) to determine what the credit(s) actually is, all credits which may only work on certain items are all lumped together in one number.

For instance right now I have a $13 credit for fiesta online holiday house, $10 for a stronghold mighty castle pack, and $10 in runescape fortune spins. Also I don't think the $5 coupons actually add toward that listed credit total.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Wow, I'm surprised its this misleading and convoluted. Not what I expect from Amazon. I guess I'll keep waiting on X-com then. Thanks again!

#15306 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Since Amazon knows how many EC coupons you have since they eventually run out if you use them all, they have an obvious counter somewhere.

The fact that apparently a customer can't just easily see these counter(s) sure is a disservice.

Sure, everyone agrees that it's a lousy system, including Tony. He's said it's intentional that the option to check credit isn't linked from the DVG page since it's not really accurate. But all he can do is bring it up at meetings and hope someone in some other department at Amazon HQ gets the memo to change it.

#15307 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yet another reason to not buy Steam games from Steam:

MP3 from Amazon was giving four of the DLCs with the $9.99 keys being sold earlier today

Now, on Steam, the Sniper Elite franchise is on sale. Realizing the DLC is also on sale, I quickly grabbed my GetGames (IIRC) key I bought a few days ago and tied it to Steam.

Wouldn't you know it!? I received an extra DLC out of it!

There are three DLCs available on Steam, and my GetGames already gave me two of them... (and for cheaper than Steam's price for vanilla, I may add)

#15308 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Tony, not sure if you'll see this, but kudos on the sales this year. You guys destroyed Steam.

#15309 Twin

Twin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Are they price matching Magicka DLCs?

#15310 wmclark

wmclark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

After listening to the soundtrack of Hotline: Miami... I had no choice but to purchase the game at whatever the cost.

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#15311 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Amazon wont match items under $1 typically.

#15312 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

They might, but also watch for in case Amazon PMs the entire Magicka Collection... not sure what all you have, but it might be worth the difference.

(Four months ago Amazon had the Plethora of Paradox Games for almost as cheap as Steam has the Magicka Collection for right now... so not impossible they may mark down the Collection...)

Amazon wont match items under $1 typically.

Oops, well watch for the Collection then, just in case...

#15313 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

[quote name='georox']What server on TSW?![/QUOTE]

I'm on Daemon (I think) and my in game name is CheersTony.

[quote name='MrWhitey']How long deal for Darksouls will be active? Cant decide if buy it or wait for better games, and then take it on last day, if nothing better comes up.[/QUOTE]

1/5/2013, in the OP.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Hey... super delayed realization here, but I bought the Prototype Pack on Nov 9th when it was $7.49. I was supposed to get an EC coupon for that, wasn't I? I never did....

it's not a biggie but I was just curious if we were indeed supposed to get one with that purchase or if that promo started later on in the month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Don't know if he got to it yet or not, but...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zillionandnine']Thanks. This thread is so hard to keep up with, so I missed that post.

I guess I'll give it another day or two, and see if it comes through.[/QUOTE]

I've contacted a Dev to help with this.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Does anyone know what TSW server Tony is on? or where I can join the cag group.[/QUOTE]

Daemon :). I'm CheersTony in game.

[quote name='Scouter']will the editor's choice list be updated throughout the month or is the sale basically what is listed in the OP and amazon page right now?[/QUOTE]

It will be updated.

[quote name='lassiterb']Okay, so are the sales advertised in the OP the only changes that are going to be made regarding the Editor's choice games? Just want to know if it's safe to use my remaining 2 credits, or if I should hang on to them for later just in case. I'd hate to miss out on a great deal later because I picked up a game I've already played (Amalur) just for the dlc.

Btw, THANKS TONY for including the premium content for Battlefield 3 without having to re-buy the base game. 20 bucks for all 5 packs and extra content is an excellent deal. I saw someone asking you to provide this a couple hundred pages ago, and it seems you listened. Thanks![/QUOTE]

We'll add stuff throughout the month.

[quote name='jwk94']So it's best to just hold off on purchases until the month is over?[/QUOTE]

If what you see listed in the time bound dates in the OP doesn't make you say "OMG I MUST BUY RIGHT NOW!" then I'd hold off, we'll have lots of good deals in the EC list.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for the heads-up! I'm just beginning to do quests in Kingsmouth and am totally loving the amazing variety of quests. I haven't really played an MMO since I first played Guild Wars around launch, so TSW is, to me, a real breath of fresh air.

• The real world merged with secret societies, occult, and all other types of cool magiclike things is really neat.
  • Combat so far is a lot of fun and feels snappy and responsive. Even with two starting skills I feel like I'm really making an impact and kicking ass right away. I'm tired of feeling like a baby lamb when I start some RPGs.
  • Quest structure is terrific. I haven't played an MMO in ages but I am truly enjoying the variety and multi-tiered nature of the quests. In other words, you're not just filling a quota or fetching something all the time. I feel like they add to the story and give you a sense of being a part of the world.
  • I haven't joined a group yet, but so far I really like how TSW handles solo play. In a way it's as if they considered casual, single players like me first rather than design around group play. Having said that, I do look forward to playing with you guys and gals online because these powers and skills are just too fun not to use them in a group :)

Tony, thanks for the awesome deal on this game. I think the combination of the price and subscription fee drop was the perfect storm this holiday season.
TSW CAGS, thanks so much for championing this game these last couple of months. I would never, ever have looked into it unless so many of you justified your praise for it.

My character is "Bugtong" on Grim, so please add me to the CAG group :) Seeya online!

P.S. Oh, and to confirm, YES, I did get Issue #5, so hopefully the rest of your post-midnight purchasers/registrants also get this along with the December goodies.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm finding some of the fetch quests frustrating due to the lighting/shading in the game but I generally LOVE the pacing/flow/story I feel like I'm playing a really good book.

I'm "CheersTony" in game and my steam id is tvac897. If you want to play I'll be on sometime tonight.

[quote name='nny']I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I couldn't find it anywhere. If Steam puts Hotline Miami on sale for $5 again, will we be able to get it from Amazon for free with the $5 coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I believe Tony mentioned under those PM situations it would be evaluated on a case by case basis.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tony said he doesn't have a good answer for that yet. Not sure what that means, but that's what he said.

EDIT: Or that. I heard something else, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Case by case basis for review.

[quote name='LN3000']Because I have some extra Amazon credit, and I missed out the last time it was on sale... next time Guild Wars 2 drops to about $29.99 or less, I'll be purchasing it.

Tony, can you make that happen? :P[/QUOTE]

I just shot an email off to NCsoft again.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY

Read this please, when you get the chance.
This is about Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga - DRM FREE Versions (the versions without Steam).
Steam-versions automatically will get/got updated to Divinity II: Director's Cut Edition.

Did you guys ever get your DRM-FREE version of Divinity 2: DKS updated to the newer and re-branded Divinity II: Director's Cut Edition?
If the answer is "NO" - can you contact the publisher (Focus Home Interactive) and get DKS updated to that newest DC build?

This is from Raze of Larian Studios (the makers of Divinity game series):
http://www.gog.com/f...thology/post879

Also from Raze of Larian:
http://www.gog.com/f...thology/post881[/QUOTE]

We have the DRM free build.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any idea if Dark Souls will go lower than $18? Also can the $5 coupons work on it?[/QUOTE]

We could match Steam's current sale ;) which I think has been the best non-Amazon price for the game so far.

[quote name='Tolyngee']I *think* Tony just said the other day that the Prototype Pack indeed should have counted, and other Nov purchases as well. I also didn't get an EC coupon for Prototype though.

Tony, should the above and I both send you our Nov order #s if indeed we should have gotten EC coupons for these purchases?

EDIT here's what I found:[/QUOTE]

I've contacted a dev to help resolve this. No ETA yet.

[quote name='rankored']Guys, the 5$ credit promo can be used more than 1 time per account ? Of course I bought few games that gave the credit.[/QUOTE]

Yes, more than one time per account. But only 1 per purchase.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,

any chance for a PM on sacred gold - it's $2.00 on steam - also do you know what kind of drm the amazon version uses?

better yet, any plans for a strategy one or meridian4 bundle? thanks!

btw - with all the hotline miami talk, if you're looking for a few more guilt-free (i.e. not people) shooters, may want to look at alien shooter (1/2) and zombie shooter http://www.amazon.co...s=alien shooter. You can get a demo over at steam and they sometimes end up in a cheap bundle as well.[/QUOTE]

The last thing I heard from Strat First was "we should have Steam keys to you soon" this was pre-holiday. I just fired off another email. Also, yes, we'll PM Sacred Gold.

[quote name='Fodder']Hi all,

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

Did you get this answered? PM me if not.

[quote name='xanchui']Does anyone have any extra guest passes for The Secret World?[/QUOTE]

I haven't used mine yet. I'll PM you one tonight from home.

NOTE: As a reminder, for the balance of this week I'll be making 1 post per day. Any questions asked between now and tomorrow will be answered tomorrow. If something is urgent please PM me.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#15314 TheOffice

TheOffice

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I live in Canada and I am trying to download NBA 2K13 from Amazon.com since it is on sale at the moment but it says only people from the USA can download it anyone know why that is?

#15315 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

I live in Canada and I am trying to download NBA 2K13 from Amazon.com since it is on sale at the moment but it says only people from the USA can download it anyone know why that is?

The Amazon US site is only meant for US consumers so therefore does not allow purchases by anyone with a foreign address. So unfortunately, CAGs from Canada or other countries can not buy from Amazon.com DVG.

#15316 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Blargh! No answer about if Max Payne 3 will be coming back today from Tony. Sigh.

#15317 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Blargh! No answer about if Max Payne 3 will be coming back today from Tony. Sigh.

Not trying to sound like a broken record, but if it does, anyone interested will want to snag the Steam keys Amazon has, as you get four free DLCs with it.

#15318 TheOffice

TheOffice

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

The Amazon US site is only meant for US consumers so therefore does not allow purchases by anyone with a foreign address. So unfortunately, CAGs from Canada or other countries can not buy from Amazon.com DVG.

Oh okies thank you for the response back very much appericated.

#15319 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

This! I just PM him.

#15320 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

So Amazon has a game called Mutant that looks pretty campy/badass:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0030GG1F4/

Anyone ever play it? I can't find it on any other store (Steam, Gamersgate). Does it go by another name?

#15321 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I got a reply from Tony via PM about this. He's already put in a request for more keys, they just haven't gotten them yet and he's not sure exactly when they're coming. He says they'll be up as soon as he gets them.

#15322 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Can anyone buy a couple of games for me, I have paypal. Unfortunately I didn't buy any games that gave the $5 discount. I'd really appreciate the help, PM me if interested.

#15323 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Not trying to sound like a broken record, but if it does, anyone interested will want to snag the Steam keys Amazon has, as you get four free DLCs with it.

No response typically means no good news...

#15324 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I got a reply from Tony via PM about this. He's already put in a request for more keys, they just haven't gotten them yet and he's not sure exactly when they're coming. He says they'll be up as soon as he gets them.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the PM update.

#15325 stopmakingsense

stopmakingsense

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

After listening to the soundtrack of Hotline: Miami... I had no choice but to purchase the game at whatever the cost.

Listen on Soundcloud.com

When you download the game, all the music is just ogg files in the game data directory, so you can just convert them and put them wherever you want.

#15326 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

For those who "miss" Tony's updates, just find a post by him (like the OP) and look up on his profile his latest posts and you'll see all HIS posts and the information HE provided. It's not really as difficult some make it out to be.

I guess I'm a dumbass, as it didn't occur to me to do this.

#15327 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

When you download the game, all the music is just ogg files in the game data directory, so you can just convert them and put them wherever you want.

Was just about to say this ;)

#15328 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Awesome. Thanks for posting the update :)

#15329 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I just started playing hotline miami but is anyone else having problems with it crashing everytime you go to another room?
this is what pops up

for object objBackgroundColor:
In script scrAlienWarePink:
Error in code at line 1:
if global.alienware=1 external_call(global.iAlienRotatePink);
at position 44: Unknown variable iAlienRotatePink
Error in code at line 1:
Error in code at line 1:
Error in code at line 1:

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#15330 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

I just started playing hotline miami but is anyone else having problems with it crashing everytime you go to another room?
this is what pops up

Taking a quick stab - have you verified your Steam files?