Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15361 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I thought there was just one version available for MP3, it just varied if it was Steam or non-Steam? Was there a bundle version?

The Steam key included 4 of the DLCs when registered.

#15362 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

I thought there was just one version available for MP3, it just varied if it was Steam or non-Steam? Was there a bundle version?

No bundle, and it didn't say anything about DLC, but once I bought it (Steam version) and installed it, the four DLC were listed as active and installed on Steam

#15363 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Simply put, at least for the Steam one, the vanilla one ended up being the not-so-vanilla one.

You only realized it once you bought it, and redeemed it on Steam and looked at your available DLC.

#15364 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

How long til just a MP3 vanilla comes back in stock? Im probably gonna grab the Season Pass anyways, but would love to get MP3 vanilla for 9.99 after coupon. Gotta get rid of these coupons.

#15365 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

How long til just a MP3 vanilla comes back in stock? Im probably gonna grab the Season Pass anyways, but would love to get MP3 vanilla for 9.99 after coupon. Gotta get rid of these coupons.

Whoa, it's only Jan 2nd. There's 29 days to go!

I have two dozens coupons, and I'm in no hurry to burn through 'em!

Rocksmith still hasn't even made it to the EC list yet. Who knows what else is going to magically appear?

#15366 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

It might not come back at the same price, if I'm not mistaken it was an Steam PM

#15367 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Unknown and if it doesn't come back today it will probably go back to regular price as it was a daily deal Steam price match.

#15368 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Whoa, it's only Jan 2nd. There's 29 days to go!

I have two dozens coupons, and I'm in no hurry to burn through 'em!

Rocksmith still hasn't even made it to the EC list yet. Who knows what else is going to magically appear?

IM TOO IMPATIENT. CAG makes me feel like I have to buy everything then get rid of it within 24 hours.Well thankfully a great CAGer was selling one for 12.5. I wasnt going to wait on 2.5. Although Id still like to grab one at 9.99 for a friend.

#15369 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

@Tony

Sniper Elite V2 in not included in the Editor's list?

:(

I was going to ask the exact same thing. How its not on Amazon.com 2012 Editor's Choice Games list?

#15370 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Anyone know of a way to set up a email notification for Tony's daily posts? Thanks!

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#15371 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, you can play the base game + the clean dlc just fine. I got it a couple of years ago, have been playing it again regularly since BL2 came out, while I can afford it, and have never, ever, had to mess with either securom or gfwl.

Just don't touch anything related to those two dlcs.

that was my understanding as well - based on some posts over at steam - but when I installed it from steam on top of a new windows 8 build, I found it had installed securom on my pc. At least the various methods/tools you can use to uninstall securom told me I had it installed.

btw - I had not visited any of the DLC locations.

anyhow, I plan to just remove securom once I finish the game or just not worry about it since I don't use the drive on that pc.

#15372 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

The character alone makes me want to buy it:
Posted Image

Spoiler

If it were cheaper I'd buy it because like you said, it looks campy and badass at the same time.

P.S. Sorry for the bad formatting of this post.

Yeah, coincidentally, it is only $9.95 on the Strategy First site. Maybe Amazon will match their MSRP and then have it at 75% off some time this year. I would bite at $2.50.

I also found this:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009K6YKYM/

I saw this on Greenlight I thought or maybe Gamersgate and was really interested in it. At $1.99 I am biting. Don't think it was in a bundle or anything that I can recall?

#15373 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I was going to ask the exact same thing. How its not on Amazon.com 2012 Editor's Choice Games list?

Because "Editor's Choice" really means "Publisher's Choice, with Editor's Scheduling".

The EC list will change throughout January. Lots of games will rotate through the list. Patience, young padawan. ;)

#15374 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Waiting for keys is a Payne! I should have bought it yesterday.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#15375 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

You're really confused why Sniper Elite 2 is not on the list? It's not exactly a critical or commerical darling. What about it makes you think "Oh that's gotta be on the list for sure" other than "I wants it!"

#15376 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

You're really confused why Sniper Elite 2 is not on the list? It's not exactly a critical or commerical darling. What about it makes you think "Oh that's gotta be on the list for sure" other than "I wants it!"

"I wants it!" seems to be the main reason why most people insist their game of choice be on this list.

#15377 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

"I wants it!" seems to be the main reason why most people insist their game of choice be on this list.

This is why Risen 2 should be on there!

#15378 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hmmm...

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,185 in Video Games

That might be why it's not on Amazon's EC list?

#15379 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Well, technically, the Steam version was not updated or re-branded to Developer's Cut, rather the Developer's Cut was added as a separate game.
So, not sure how that would work, but it's doubtful that you'd get the game extra from anywhere else, as I don't think Amazon has a way to retroactively give games like Steam (Steam does it basically as 'subscriptions')

So I can basically play either version.
Posted Image

@LN3000
That's awesome for Steam-version owners. :D
For those w/ Securom keys for DKS - Larian says contact their support; give them your Securom key; and Larian will give you a voucher for DC to get it through the Larian Vault.
I'm going through this process w/ them - since the Amazon DVG version that I bought before it went DRM-FREE had a Securom Key - so I'll let you all know how it goes. :D

@TONY

We have the DRM free build.

Of what? DKS Edition or DC Edition?
There's a newer edition of Divinity 2: DKS Edition, which is called Divinity 2: Director's Cut Edition.

I have Divinity 2: DKS Edition (Non-Steam), which I already have from you guys - DRM-FREE; & and back when it was Securom-laced.

I'm looking if you know if you have the newest updated version of it, called Divinity 2: Director's Cut (which was released in November 2012 on Steam and GOG).
I really don't feel like re-downloading to figure out if you guys got DKS updated to DC Edition.

Edited by MysterD, 02 January 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#15380 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

This is why Risen 2 should be on there!

For some reason I agree when I also want this game. Also Alpha Protocol.

#15381 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Noooo... Why did I buy the shooter pack a year early and not play them? (Got that stupid SecuRom version of Bioshock when I purchased the pack early)

#15382 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Mutant and I Am Weapon reminds me that we need to mention these sub-$5 games more here for next holiday (presuming Amazon still does the $5 promo again). These would have been fun to mess around with and earn a $5 credit to boot.

EDIT: Hm, I never really took a hard look at all the Strategy First games en masse on Amazon before. There are some fairly cheap and interesting ones on there. I wouldn't mind some kind of mix-and-match bundle.

Interesting to me:

• Mutant
  • I Am Weapon
  • Hellforces
  • Gods: Lands of Infinity SE (vanilla version is on sale for $5.00)
  • Valkyrie: Ascension to the Throne
  • Legio
  • Border Zone

Edited by NeoGutsman, 02 January 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#15383 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

To find your $5 promotional credits, search for 1000728511 in your email.

Really good tip.

I have 46 credits, I'd better not calculate how much money I spent.....

Well, I believe I did get like 5 of them from demos before my conscience told me to stop. Got no problem with Amazon invalidating those now.

#15384 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Of what? DKS Edition or DC Edition?
There's a newer edition of Divinity 2: DKS Edition, which is called Divinity 2: Director's Cut Edition.

I have Divinity 2: DKS Edition (Non-Steam), which I already have from you guys - DRM-FREE; & and back when it was Securom-laced.

I'm looking if you know if you have the newest updated version of it, called Divinity 2: Director's Cut (which was released in November 2012 on Steam and GOG).
I really don't feel like re-downloading to figure out if you guys got DKS updated to DC Edition.

I am downloading it now and will see which version it is.

#15385 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I want to gift a game to a friend, so we can play MP. What you say is better to play, only 2 players? Borderlands GOTY (amazon pack) vs payday (steam right now)?

#15386 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get a coupon somehow? (Doubtful)

I am interested in Assassins Creed Revelations, even without it, could anyone purchase it for me (From AUS).
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#15387 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

For everybody that's wanting max payne, how much was it on sale for, $10?

#15388 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

For everybody that's wanting max payne, how much was it on sale for, $10?

$14.99, $9.99 after coupon.

#15389 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I want to gift a game to a friend, so we can play MP. What you say is better to play, only 2 players? Borderlands GOTY (amazon pack) vs payday (steam right now)?

Payday is a lot more addictive coop-wise than BL2 is, in my opinion. Great little game.

#15390 Arkental

Arkental

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Aside from both being shooters, they're very different games. Borderlands is a FPS/RPG mix and would probably be more of a long-term investment if you intend to play coop with your friend. The GOTY edition has a ton of content in it as well.

Payday is a decent game, but best played now and then rather than for an extended amount of time. I've had fun playing it with friends, but it's mostly been a game we hit when we have 15-20 minutes to kill while we are waiting for someone to come online, etc.