Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15391 Anjon

Anjon

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

So was I wrong in thinking that all those $5 coupons for the 2012 Editor's Choice games stacked? I got about six of them but only one registers when I try to buy a game from the list.

#15392 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

So my cousin ended up gifting me TSW as a late Xmas present (good thing I hadn't bit already) and... IDK... maybe it's because I've never played MMOs before (except for like a hour of Guild Wars 2) ... the controls are really awkward/clunky for me. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but at the same time I find myself wishing I could play with my controller, lol (as I tend to play most TPS-style games with a controller)

I really want to like it! The story seems interesting. I just hope I can get past the controls thing.

One big tip is to use the WASD controls to move while you hold down the right mouse button. You'll be able to maneuver around while also having mouse look. I felt the exact same way when I first played Everquest back in the day but after I started holding down the right mouse button when moving it's perfectly natural to me. I hope you enjoy the game! I am really digging it because it feels like a good single player RPG with multiplayer as a nice extra.

You'll learn to use WASD and number keys easily together. Clicking on the abilities is a lot slower and in the long run is a very bad habit to be a "clicker" as we call them in MMO's. As for targeting, 90% of the time you are worried about what is closes to you and the default in most MMO's is TAB to target closes enemy.

@walkonshadows Just a random thought... how much space do you have free on the drive you're trying to dl/install TSW to? TSW installed consumes 37 GB, and you probably need a bit more room for it to uncompress downloaded files. So if you have less than 37+15 GB free, that could be the problem. (I had 60 GB free on that drive, and the TSW installer/patcher ran completion/error. A quick relaunch and it declared all good). I was using the setup.exe from the TSW account page.

Don't forget the mocking and ridicule we subject "keyboard turners"* to.

*Turning with the keyboard is always slower than turning with the mouse.

See my tip earlier about remapping the strafe and turn keys (essentially swapping them). Using tab to change targets is helpful at times. I keep frequently used "spells" on 1-4/5 and less often elsewhere. Those not on 1-5 are often clicked with a mouse as a result, but that is just what i've gotten used to. It is a different control mechanic, but one that is pretty consistent throughout most MMOs and my tips would help you acclimatize to any of them. Think of it as playing an FPS where you are switching your guns frequently?

GUYS!!

Just press "T" in game and the aiming scheme will witch to TPS mouse controlled aiming with a reticule/strafe WASD movement...

Jeez. >.>

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15393 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get a coupon somehow? (Doubtful)

I am interested in Assassins Creed Revelations, even without it, could anyone purchase it for me (From AUS).

No, and they are tied to whatever account that got them.

? Amazon doesn't sell ACR on its own right now, and the price for ACR Gold is really high. Link?

#15394 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

So was I wrong in thinking that all those $5 coupons for the 2012 Editor's Choice games stacked? I got about six of them but only one registers when I try to buy a game from the list.

Yes you were wrong. They do not stack.

#15395 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Payday is a lot more addictive coop-wise than BL2 is, in my opinion. Great little game.

I think we may be in the minority on that one.

#15396 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Any CAG willing to help me get Hotline Miami? i only had 1 EC credit and used it :(
Or is there a thread that I should be visiting for such requests?

#15397 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Any CAG willing to help me get Hotline Miami? i only had 1 EC credit and used it :(
Or is there a thread that I should be visiting for such requests?

This is the closest thread for that kind of request:
http://www.cheapassg...279563&page=707

A page or two back someone was actually offering to buy stuff at cost with the EC credit. Good luck.

#15398 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

GUYS!!

Just press "T" in game and the aiming scheme will witch to TPS mouse controlled aiming with a reticule/strafe WASD movement...

Jeez. >.>

Ah. Nice. I was finding the controls annoying. I haven't actually played any MMO prior to this, and I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Now to decide on buying. My vid card is a bit lacking. My frame rates are middling at a rather low resolution, but it is playable.

#15399 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I think we may be in the minority on that one.

I think we are, but I still like Payday a lot.

BL2 is a great game, I have both, but it's not constantly tense like Payday is. The coop in Payday you are constantly communicating about who is doing what, and if someone messes up everyone really feels it. The objectives make you feel like you are in a heist or crime movie.

BL2 is fun, but more about leveling up and looting, playing it with other people doesn't add a whole lot to the experience like Payday does. I play BL2 in short bursts when I want to shoot things and level up.

#15400 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

RE: Borderlands or Payday

Payday pretty much needs to be played with 4 people. You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4.

#15401 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm sure I've seen this question brought up already but I can't find it anymore so please excuse this repeat:

I'm seeing some absurd number of credits under "Software/Video Game Downloads" here , when you click "Enter Your Code"

This is bugged out right? It doesn't apply when I purchase games, will it ever apply/get fixed?

#15402 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

cant say Im impressed with EC either...I hope more games are added soon
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#15403 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

RE: Borderlands or Payday

Payday pretty much needs to be played with 4 people. You can have more fun with just 2 in Borderlands, though it's ideal with 4.

I'd have to disagree. Things just become sort of a snafu with 4 players, especially if they're playing "lone wolf" style.

I think the difficulty and playability are their most balanced with 2 players.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#15404 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I am downloading it now and will see which version it is.

Cool. Thanks.
Let me know if it has the new developer's console to activate console-commands and all of that crazy stuff that makes it Developer's Cut...or not!

#15405 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm sure I've seen this question brought up already but I can't find it anymore so please excuse this repeat:

I'm seeing some absurd number of credits under "Software/Video Game Downloads" here , when you click "Enter Your Code"

This is bugged out right? It doesn't apply when I purchase games, will it ever apply/get fixed?

When buying games last month, it would give you the $5 EC credit, and 2 other credits, Adventure Quest Worlds Amazon Warrior Armor and Airmech Holiday Gift Pack, each about $10. I think that's where it's coming from.

Was able to sell my NBA 2K12 key so I can grab 2K13, really glad this deal showed up so soon! Definitely interested in Spec Ops and Darkness II for $2.50 each, and might grab the Mass Effect games. I appreciate the deals so far!

#15406 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'd have to disagree. Things just become sort of a snafu with 4 players, especially if they're playing "lone wolf" style.

I think the difficulty and playability are their most balanced with 2 players.

I really don't think there are many people that would say playing Payday with 2 braindead bots all the time is the ideal solution, but hey, more power to you. There are so many situations in the game that work much better if you have more than 2 lines of site covering different areas.

#15407 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Someone go start a payday cag group.
Let's rule the world!

#15408 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

So, for those who have NBA2K12 and NBA2K13...

...what are the NEW features and game-modes in NBA2K13?
...Which has better gameplay?

And also - is there a Ultimate Base Roster type of Mod out for NBA2K13 yet?

#15409 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

any new sales today that i missed while i was at work?

#15410 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

GUYS!!

Jeez. >.>

Omfg. That's so easy. Haha. I'm going to try that now!

#15411 hailey

hailey

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

There's very little new between them on PC. To be honest they have been going down hill since 2k11 on the PC ports

#15412 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Someone go start a payday cag group.
Let's rule the world!

Everyone would die because one guy would constantly be saying, "There should've been free games this month don't you guys think so??? Guys???"

#15413 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

someone go start a payday cag group.
Let's rule the world!

+1

#15414 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

This mightve been answered but I didnt find it!

Will there be another way of earning more promo credits to use on the EC sale, seeing as the sale will feature different titles as time passes?

Only reason I ask is because I had 5 and I pretty much used them all up already and the sale has only been going on 2 days!

On another note, thanks Tony, for all you do. You have made Amazon Digital not only the cheapest but best way to shop for these downloadable games!
Posted Image

#15415 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Nope.

#15416 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Will there be another way of earning more promo credits to use on the EC sale, seeing as the sale will feature different titles as time passes?

Only reason I ask is because I had 5 and I pretty much used them all up already and the sale has only been going on 2 days!

On another note, thanks Tony, for all you do. You have made Amazon Digital not only the cheapest but best way to shop for these downloadable games!

No.

#15417 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Unless you have a time machine, I don't think it's going to happen. I used one credit on Spec Ops and am considering KoA and MP3 (if it restocks in time) but you sure went for it!

#15418 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Unless you have a time machine, I don't think it's going to happen. I used one credit on Spec Ops and am considering KoA and MP3 (if it restocks in time) but you sure went for it!

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

Yeah I kinda went crazy. I got Hotline Miami, The Secret World and ME3 Deluxe just yesterday! I think there was one more in there lol. When I went to check out to get Xcom (even though I already have it on X360) I saw my credits had all been used. :(

Thanks though!
Posted Image

#15419 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

Yeah I kinda went crazy. I got Hotline Miami, The Secret World and ME3 Deluxe just yesterday! I think there was one more in there lol. When I went to check out to get Xcom (even though I already have it on X360) I saw my credits had all been used. :(

Thanks though!

Some people in the Steam trade group might help you out at cost, or for a small tip, if you are still looking to buy.

#15420 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

To the people that played KoA. Should I buy the KoA bundle just for the Dlc? And I have never tried activating a duplicate game on origin because I already have KoA. Or does the Dlc come with separate keys ?

Help